RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Nevada fan here

(1/1)

mugtang:
You guys are getting one heck of a coach in Musselman.  He will be very successful in Fayetteville with the resources you guys have.  Best of luck to Muss and Arkansas!

checkraiser88:
Thanks bro, a majority of us know his worth and are happy to have him

Arkansas Hog in Dallas:

--- Quote from: mugtang on April 07, 2019, 03:00:40 pm ---You guys are getting one heck of a coach in Musselman.  He will be very successful in Fayetteville with the resources you guys have.  Best of luck to Muss and Arkansas!

--- End quote ---

Thank you! FWIW, youíre always welcome here on HV if you care to follow Musselmanís career further or if you just love a great fanbaseóthereís some great discussion here.

moses_007:

--- Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on April 07, 2019, 03:02:31 pm ---Thank you! FWIW, youíre always welcome here on HV if you care to follow Musselmanís career further or if you just love a great fanbaseóthereís some great discussion here.

--- End quote ---
Amen to that. 

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: mugtang on April 07, 2019, 03:00:40 pm ---You guys are getting one heck of a coach in Musselman.  He will be very successful in Fayetteville with the resources you guys have.  Best of luck to Muss and Arkansas!

--- End quote ---
Thanks, My dude. Go hire Jans, Forbes, or Grant !

Trust me, been researching for weeks.

Muleriderhog:
Thank you and you're absolutely right and 95% of the fan base sees it. Wish yall luck in your coaching search!

TheRazorbackGuy:

--- End quote ---

Thank you... we were a very divided fan base on the last coach. Hopefully he can bring the fan base together and we can move onto the future. You wouldn't have gotten the same positivity from our fan base of our last coach. You loving him as your coach makes me excited WPS

mugtang:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 07, 2019, 03:06:03 pm ---Thanks, My dude. Go hire Jans, Forbes, or Grant !

--- End quote ---

Weíre going to hire Rick Pitino just to troll UNLV fans. Haha. Not really.  My pick is Jans or Alford at this point. 

Hawgzinbowlz:

Good to hear.

" GO HOGS "

mugtang:

--- Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on April 07, 2019, 03:02:31 pm ---Thank you! FWIW, youíre always welcome here on HV if you care to follow Musselmanís career further or if you just love a great fanbaseóthereís some great discussion here.

--- End quote ---

Appreciate that.  I may drop in from time to time.  Actually have family in Fayetteville and Bella Vista. Almost attended Arkansas too when I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life.

Will I always have to fill out this verification thing if I keep posting?  Itís kinda annoying.

Smithian:

--- End quote ---
If you hire Mike Anderson, we can work out a joint custody agreement. Family outings, alternating weekends, etc.

247Hog:
Thanks for the post. Stick around and join us anytime. Good luck to you guys and i hope you guys hire someone that will continue your successes.

alohawg:

--- Quote from: Smithian on April 07, 2019, 03:11:28 pm ---If you hire Mike Anderson, we can work out a joint custody agreement. Family outings, alternating weekends, etc.

--- End quote ---

Hahahaha

Arkansas Hog in Dallas:

--- Quote from: mugtang on April 07, 2019, 03:11:02 pm ---Appreciate that.  I may drop in from time to time.  Actually have family in Fayetteville and Bella Vista. Almost attended Arkansas too when I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life.

Will I always have to fill out this verification thing if I keep posting?  Itís kinda annoying.

--- End quote ---

Thatís awesome my man. The more the merrier!

No, I think itís just your first 20-30 posts, but a mod/admin should be able to confirm

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: Smithian on April 07, 2019, 03:11:28 pm ---If you hire Mike Anderson, we can work out a joint custody agreement. Family outings, alternating weekends, etc.

--- End quote ---
strong hire for them
would MA work for only 1M tho?

Lanny:

--- Quote from: mugtang on April 07, 2019, 03:11:02 pm ---

--- End quote ---
not after you have 10 post

imtad16:

--- End quote ---

Classy. Thanks for the input. We will be rooting for the Wolfpack to keep rolling.

Smithian:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 07, 2019, 03:19:12 pm ---strong hire for them
would MA work for only 1M tho?

--- End quote ---
For perception reasons I don't think Nevada would accept hiring a coach fired by the school who just took their coach, but in a vacuum Anderson would be a great marriage with Nevada. Good game day coach, clean program off the court, and would probably embrace the transfer culture at Nevada. UAB and Nevada are both mid-majors with big ambitions.

mugtang:

--- Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on April 07, 2019, 03:17:34 pm ---Thatís awesome my man. The more the merrier!

No, I think itís just your first 20-30 posts, but a mod/admin should be able to confirm

--- End quote ---

Good to hear

Sivad:

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the positive message.
We are excited about the hire.

Smithian:
I think mugtang is the boss over at MWCboard. UNLV, Utah State, and Nevada fans absolutely drag eachother nonstop.

Imagine forcing Hogville, Catspause, and Tigerdroppings to live under one roof. Magic.

Calling All Hogs:
I remember when we hired Nolan he didn't do well his first year. I had friends from Tulsa that laughed at me when I complained and said please feel free to send him back to us! I learned to listen to the ones who know a coach best so thanks for your insight!

mugtang:

--- Quote from: Smithian on April 07, 2019, 03:25:41 pm ---I think mugtang is the boss over at MWCboard. UNLV, Utah State, and Nevada fans absolutely drag eachother nonstop.

Imagine forcing Hogville, Catspause, and Tigerdroppings to live under one roof. Magic.

--- End quote ---

I am the owner of the mwcboard.  And itís like the Wild West there.  But itís fun. Homerism is shunned and laughed at and the unrealistic expectations some have are great reading.  If you want to laugh you should read the 200+ UNLV coaching hire thread (I wonít link it as I think thatís bad form for one message board owner to promote their forum on anotherís forum).

BDSCT51:
Thanks Mugtang! I truly believe we got a good one. Still will root for Nevada just like I did this year!

pghawg1:

--- End quote ---
Thanks

oldman1015:

--- End quote ---
Thank you for sharing.

TheRazorbackGuy:

--- End quote ---

Thank you... only butthurt fans are critical of this hire. We look, forward to a new era into the decade of the 2020s. We know Muse runs modern basketball and I'm excited we finally get to see it.

jjdlc:
Nevada could do a lot worse than Anderson.  Despite the firing, still a lot of respect for him, and what he did to pull us out of the dumpster.

hawgmasta:
Thanks for the support, I hope Nevada does well and Muss gets us back to the top

Bash:

--- Quote from: mugtang on April 07, 2019, 03:11:02 pm ---Will I always have to fill out this verification thing if I keep posting?  Itís kinda annoying.

--- End quote ---

Just post "Go Hogs Go!" 50 times here: http://forums.hogville.net/index.php?board=9.0

PORKULATOR:

--- End quote ---
thx Mug... you're more than welcome to hang out/visit

Wps
Never yield

Lanny:

--- Quote from: mugtang on April 07, 2019, 03:34:08 pm ---I am the owner of the mwcboard.  And itís like the Wild West there.  But itís fun. Homerism is shunned and laughed at and the unrealistic expectations some have are great reading.  If you want to laugh you should read the 200+ UNLV coaching hire thread (I wonít link it as I think thatís bad form for one message board owner to promote their forum on anotherís forum).

--- End quote ---
You have permission to link

BrooklynRoss:
Thanks man. Here's to Nevada becoming a perennial mid-major powerhouse.

SoonerBaHog:

--- Quote from: Calling All Hogs on April 07, 2019, 03:29:54 pm ---I remember when we hired Nolan he didn't do well his first year. I had friends from Tulsa that laughed at me when I complained and said please feel free to send him back to us! I learned to listen to the ones who know a coach best so thanks for your insight!

--- End quote ---
Yeah I was one of those Tulsa guys that was thinking "send him back".  Then I moved to NWA and traded my Tulsa season tickets for Arkansas season tickets.   ;D

hog911:
We just hired the best basketball coach in the country!!!! I would take him over anyone and that include every coach in the ACC!!!! 

moses_007:

--- Quote from: Calling All Hogs on April 07, 2019, 03:29:54 pm ---I remember when we hired Nolan he didn't do well his first year. I had friends from Tulsa that laughed at me when I complained and said please feel free to send him back to us! I learned to listen to the ones who know a coach best so thanks for your insight!

--- End quote ---
Remember, his young daughter was dying with lukemia his first year here, so a bad season was understandable.

HornedFrogHog:

--- Quote from: hog911 on April 07, 2019, 05:29:50 pm ---We just hired the best basketball coach in the country!!!! I would take him over anyone and that include every coach in the ACC!!!!

--- End quote ---

That "homerism" mugtang is talking about? Here is a great example.

Go post that over in SecRant on Tigerdroppings and let me know how that works out for you.

MDGoHawgs:
I lived in Reno for a short time and am married to a Nevada grad. During my year there I was impressed with their fan base and surprised how supportive Reno was/is of the Wolfpack. A gambling town no doubt...but also a great college sports area!

EHog97:

--- End quote ---

Hey mugtang, thanks for the kind words. Any insights into Coach Musselman's scheme, coaching ability, recruiting, or anything you have to share?

Kevin:
Any chance Nevada hires rex Walters.

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: mugtang on April 07, 2019, 03:11:02 pm ---Appreciate that.  I may drop in from time to time.  Actually have family in Fayetteville and Bella Vista. Almost attended Arkansas too when I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life.

--- End quote ---
Dude, i dig your board. One of the best Ive run across. Really enjoyed the Nevada coaching search thread.

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: Kevin on April 07, 2019, 06:14:54 pm ---Any chance Nevada hires rex Walters.

--- End quote ---
this guy

Justifiable Hogicide:

--- Quote from: Kevin on April 07, 2019, 06:14:54 pm ---Any chance Nevada hires rex Walters.

--- End quote ---
Maybe theyíll give Mike Anderson and his Fastest 40 a sniff.

razortrack:
Thank you for posting with class. Glad we have him as our coach now. Sorry he left loyal fans at Nevada.

1highhog:

--- End quote ---

Thanks my Man, that's always good to hear from a fan of the school where our now head coach is coming from.  From what I saw, he did a great job at Nevada and that's why he was my #1 choice for our head coach.  There are plenty of doubting Thomas types on here, as for them, I'm sure CEM will have them eating crow in no time. 

porkrindjimmy:

--- Quote from: HornedFrogHog on April 07, 2019, 06:04:31 pm ---That "homerism" mugtang is talking about? Here is a great example.

Go post that over in SecRant on Tigerdroppings and let me know how that works out for you.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: HornedFrogHog on April 07, 2019, 06:04:31 pm ---That "homerism" mugtang is talking about? Here is a great example.

--- End quote ---

Cold Fort Worth Beer just ain't no good in Dallas....

Home run hire.

Post it on the rant? LMAO

Sit down.

PRJ

Pig in the Pokey:

--- End quote ---
it already is and many are jealous. neutral fans have started "Good hire" threads, and even in a cesspool of negativity that is the Rant we had a great hire.

Conversely, we were universally mocked when we hired Chad over there.

Hollywood_HOGan45:
Very refreshing.

Usually we get ďwhy go to arkyĒ nonsense.

Watched Nevada a few times.
Very impressive.  He built a great program.

2 incredible comebacks in the ncaa.

Smallie Bigs:

--- End quote ---

Very classy. Respect!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View