RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Barrett Sallee from CBS sports

(1/2) > >>

checkraiser88:
https://twitter.com/barrettsallee/status/1114871275753738241?s=21

nwahogfan1:
I love Beard and know we will have to offer him more money and my guess in the $4M to $5M range but I hope we do not offer the Ranch and everything that goes with it.   

colbs:

--- Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 07, 2019, 08:31:07 am ---I love Beard and know we will have to offer him more money and my guess in the $4M to $5M range but I hope we do not offer the Ranch and everything that goes with it.   

--- End quote ---
If the boosters want to then I donít see an issue with it.  Ticket sales, more concessions, and more donations will make up for it. 

Papawhawg:
I would love to have Chris Beard, but I would guarantee that if we did get him, it wouldnít be long and some on here would be whining about his style of play.

Kevin:
How about we be smart for a change, and move on.

We have already embarrassed ourselves with Gregg Marshall

King Kong:

--- Quote from: Kevin on April 07, 2019, 08:41:41 am ---How about we be smart for a change, and move on.

We have already embarrassed ourselves with Gregg Marshall

--- End quote ---

They just canít do it. We will screw it up with Musselman and hire Alford and try to justify it for the next 5 years

jbott:
Glad report knows our booster. I would think any AD Looking for a coach is going to throw money at beard

Sam2k:
I love how certain this entire board is that there is zero chance at Beard. I wonder how many of our boosters became millionaires and billionaires by making low risk common sense moves that everyone agreed were the right approach as opposed to the high risk high reward paths that only they saw and were positioned to take advantage of for some reason.

Dr. Starcs:

--- Quote from: Sam2k on April 07, 2019, 08:50:23 am ---I love how certain this entire board is that there is zero chance at Beard. I wonder how many of our boosters became millionaires and billionaires by making low risk common sense moves that everyone agreed were the right approach as opposed to the high risk high reward paths that only they saw and were positioned to take advantage of for some reason.

--- End quote ---

Saving this post

M L (bassplayer):
That hack from GA doesn't know anything either.

a0ashle:

--- Quote from: Sam2k on April 07, 2019, 08:50:23 am ---I love how certain this entire board is that there is zero chance at Beard. I wonder how many of our boosters became millionaires and billionaires by making low risk common sense moves that everyone agreed were the right approach as opposed to the high risk high reward paths that only they saw and were positioned to take advantage of for some reason.

--- End quote ---

These arguments are the best, lol. $$ != intelligence. Hell $$ doesn't even mean you have business acumen. This should be painfully obvious by now that you can fail your way to the top in this world if you have the right name.

IronMountainHog:

--- End quote ---
The same boosters who brought us Heath, the Altman debacle, Pelphery, Bielema? Iíll put my money on that we donít get Beard, and we screw this up too.

The OTR:
Gus.  Did we not learn anything?

Ironhawg:
Isn't Sallee a shill for Ole Miss?  Who cares what this doofus says.

checkraiser88:

--- Quote from: The OTR on April 07, 2019, 09:02:14 am ---Gus.  Did we not learn anything?

--- End quote ---

Nope, we didnít. Agents however have learned how gullible we are

Sam2k:

--- Quote from: a0ashle on April 07, 2019, 08:59:54 am ---These arguments are the best, lol. $$ != intelligence. Hell $$ doesn't even mean you have business acumen. This should be painfully obvious by now that you can fail your way to the top in this world if you have the right name.

--- End quote ---

My point is that none of us on this board know Beard or anything about him and his motivations other than what weíve read somewhere on the internet. Reportedly, some billionaire who is close personal friends with Beard thinks Beard wants to come and is willing to put his own money down to make that happen. If thatís the case, you take that chance 100% of the time because ďmy friend told me he wants to come and Iím willing to make that happenĒ is way better than ďI read a whole bunch of stuff on the internet and now I think Iím an expert on this dudeís life and thereís no chance heíd come.Ē See the difference?

The_Iceman:
Really wish our boosters and admin would move on from Beard. He isn't coming here.

Kevin:
History tells us that the percentages of a national title game coach is not leaving his school m

a0ashle:

--- Quote from: Sam2k on April 07, 2019, 09:07:40 am ---My point is that none of us on this board know Beard or anything about him and his motivations other that weíve read somewhere on the internet. Reportedly, some billionaire who is close personal friends with Beard thinks Beard wants to come and is willing to put his own money down to make that happen. If thatís the case, you take that chance 100% of the time because ďmy friend told me he wants to come and Iím willing to make that happenĒ is way better than ďI read a whole bunch of stuff on the internet and now I think Iím an expert on this dudeís life and thereís no chance heíd come.Ē See the difference?

--- End quote ---

Yeah that wasn't what you said at all, but this point is much better.

Locutus_of_Boar:

--- Quote from: Sam2k on April 07, 2019, 08:50:23 am ---I love how certain this entire board is that there is zero chance at Beard.

--- End quote ---

Because most posters can envision coaching searches from the target's perspective and Beard's perspective is that there is plenty of time yet to put Lubbock in his rear view mirror after the party is over and he has time to evaluate all the offers for jobs that aren't even open yet. 

Arkansas needs a new coach next week.  Beard will likely have his pick of offers from among the best jobs in the country next year.  It's entirely possible HY will throw the very same booster money at Beard that was thrown at Gus to placate others with limited vision.  The question remains though is HY smarter than the folks who hired him?  We may know the answer to that question in the next 24 hours.

checkraiser88:

--- Quote from: Kevin on April 07, 2019, 09:11:10 am ---History tells us that the percentages of a national title game coach is not leaving his school m

--- End quote ---

I think I saw it at +850 last week. Lol...youíre absolutely right though, this is a pretty big fantasy we are chasing

Sam2k:

--- Quote from: Kevin on April 07, 2019, 09:11:10 am ---History tells us that the percentages of a national title game coach is not leaving his school m

--- End quote ---

History tells you what has happened. It doesnít tell you something canít happen.

(notOM)Rebel123:

--- Quote from: checkraiser88 on April 07, 2019, 09:06:06 am ---Nope, we didnít. Agents however have learned how gullible we are

--- End quote ---

How much are we paying to be stuck with Gus? Iíll hang up and listen.

pigachu:

--- Quote from: checkraiser88 on April 07, 2019, 09:06:06 am ---Nope, we didnít. Agents however have learned how gullible we are

--- End quote ---

Why do people get upset that we made auburn pay out the nose to keep Gus? That flirtation cost us nothing. Same with forcing tech to hamstring themselves to keep beard.

(notOM)Rebel123:

--- Quote from: pigachu on April 07, 2019, 09:17:53 am ---Why do people get upset that we made auburn pay out the nose to keep Gus? That flirtation cost us nothing. Same with forcing tech to hamstring themselves to keep beard.

--- End quote ---

Exactly.

SwineIam:
Beard ain't coming

(notOM)Rebel123:

--- Quote from: SwineIam on April 07, 2019, 09:18:31 am ---Beard ain't coming

--- End quote ---

Wouldnít think so.  It never hurts to try.

checkraiser88:

--- Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 07, 2019, 09:16:57 am ---How much are we paying to be stuck with Gus? Iíll hang up and listen.

--- End quote ---

What does that have to do with whatís going on right now? I thank the Lord everyday we arenít stuck with Gusís contract. The fact is Tech isnít just going to let him go, this is unrealistic chase. We could have Muss or Marshall(maybe) right this second instead of waiting on this and it may come back to bite us, thatís my worry. But by all means letís be known to be the school that makes coaches bank

(notOM)Rebel123:

--- Quote from: checkraiser88 on April 07, 2019, 09:22:46 am ---What does that have to do with whatís going on right now? I thank the Lord everyday we arenít stuck with Gusís contract. The fact is Tech isnít just going to let him go, this is unrealistic chase. We could have Muss or Marshall(maybe) right this second instead of waiting on this and it may come back to bite us, thatís my worry. But by all means letís be known to be the school that makes coaches bank

--- End quote ---
You keep comparing the two searches...do you really think that Arkansas is the only school that a coach has used to help negotiate a raise?

checkraiser88:

--- Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 07, 2019, 09:18:18 am ---Exactly.

--- End quote ---

Because when we donít get a candidate like Beard it makes us look worse politically, like whatís going on at UCLA at the moment

RedBird5:

--- Quote from: a0ashle on April 07, 2019, 08:59:54 am ---These arguments are the best, lol. $$ != intelligence. Hell $$ doesn't even mean you have business acumen. This should be painfully obvious by now that you can fail your way to the top in this world if you have the right name.

--- End quote ---

Whatís absurd is that you think it is luck and the ďright nameĒ are all it takes to become a millionaire/billionaire.  Is luck involved? Sure, it takes luck to make it safely to work in a car.  But to say intelligence isnít necessary shows a lack of it.  Please explain what business you run to have gathered this insight? 

Sam2k:
There are two reasons you stop pursuing the best available option, Beard:

1) He tells his close personal billionaire friend heís not coming

Or

2) Waiting on him costs something weíre not willing to give up.

In this case, it seems that Muss is the floor and that Muss is willing to wait. So, you keep him waiting until Beard says no.

(notOM)Rebel123:

--- Quote from: checkraiser88 on April 07, 2019, 09:24:12 am ---Because when we donít get a candidate like Beard it makes us look worse politically, like whatís going on at UCLA at the moment

--- End quote ---

I think you are over estimating the rest of the countryís interest in our basketball program. How many of the National media have been giving our search any attention until this morning.

RedBird5:

--- End quote ---

Would love your insight on the hiring/firing process of college coaches. What should we do differently based upon your experience? 

King Kong:

--- Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 07, 2019, 09:20:28 am ---Wouldnít think so.  It never hurts to try.

--- End quote ---

We lost Gregg Marshall over it. So yeah it can hurt

RedBird5:

--- Quote from: King Kong on April 07, 2019, 09:41:46 am ---We lost Gregg Marshall over it. So yeah it can hurt

--- End quote ---

We lost him by trying? 😂

Supermark101:

--- Quote from: King Kong on April 07, 2019, 09:41:46 am ---We lost Gregg Marshall over it. So yeah it can hurt

--- End quote ---

Is Greg Marshall going to be the Bill Self of this coaching search. Let's give Musselman a chance.

azhog10:
I'm with him, Mussselman is a guy you can at least wait till Beard tells you no. If this is where we are at, wait till Tuesday and offer Beard whatever you possibly can.

JaketheSnake:
If we move on and hire coach X and heís a dud, everyone in here whining about the need to move on from Beard will be screaming to hold HY accountable for the demise of the basketball program.

We donít ďhaveĒ to have a coach in place in the next 24 hours.  If there is a slight chance Beard will listen, then we wait.  Whatís a couple days when weíve not been past the 2nd round in 23 years?

(notOM)Rebel123:

--- End quote ---

Naw...Marshall has had several big offers over the years to leave and heís still there.

jjdlc:

--- End quote ---

How do you loose someone who was never leaving WSU to begin with?

hogwildinhotsprings:

+1000
--- End quote ---

King Kong:

--- Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 07, 2019, 09:54:21 am ---Naw...Marshall has had several big offers over the years to leave and heís still there.

--- End quote ---

He didnít go visit those schools in person with his wife

oldhawg:

--- Quote from: King Kong on April 07, 2019, 10:16:02 am ---He didnít go visit those schools in person with his wife

--- End quote ---

Presumptive.  You probably don't know that for sure. 

hobhog:

--- Quote from: King Kong on April 07, 2019, 08:44:55 am ---
They just canít do it. We will screw it up with Musselman and hire Alford and try to justify it for the next 5 years

--- End quote ---
Wrong again.

EastexHawg:
Why are fans so determined to not make every attempt to sign the best potentially available coach in America?  Why wouldn't it be the other way around, being unhappy if we stopped short of pursuing the #1 option for every program out there?

I will be thrilled to have Musselman, but a month ago no one on this board was clamoring for him.  Now if we don't sign him immediately without continuing to make a play for Beard it will be a travesty.

thebignasty:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on April 07, 2019, 10:44:13 am ---Why are fans so determined to not make every attempt to sign the best potentially available coach in America?  Why wouldn't it be the other way around, being unhappy if we stopped short of pursuing the #1 option for every program out there?

I will be thrilled to have Musselman, but a month ago no one on this board was clamoring for him.  Now if we don't sign him immediately without continuing to make a play for Beard it will be a travesty.

--- End quote ---

Its a more dangerous game than you want to admit.  If we hold out for Beard and miss out, it'll be sore, especially as every win makes Beard even less likely to be lured away.

(notOM)Rebel123:

--- Quote from: oldhawg on April 07, 2019, 10:32:05 am ---Presumptive.  You probably don't know that for sure. 

--- End quote ---

Exactly.

Redhogs:
Never seen so many "know nothing" opinions in all my life...really is very comical. And this ain't the only thread, it's the entire forum.

EastexHawg:

--- Quote from: Redhogs on April 07, 2019, 11:00:58 am ---Never seen so many "know nothing" opinions in all my life...really is very comical. And this ain't the only thread, it's the entire forum.

--- End quote ---

I want Beard for every reason imaginable.  Among them will be the looks on a lot of people's faces if he steps to the podium.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View