RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Wichita Sports Team discusses Marshall and Arkansas

(1/2) > >>

moses_007:
Here's what they are saying in Wichita.

https://www.ksn.com/sports/local-sports/-the-rush-what-will-gregg-marshall-do-/1902986282

Enjoy and discuss.

AstroHawg:
Hot off the press...... :-\ :-\ :-\

moses_007:
I think tonight Marshall is coming...

WorfHog:
Blue tie is going to escape Wichita. Vest, well I think he's a stuck.

silverandbluedc:
Guy on the left has a clue. Guy on the right is an amateur.

moses_007:

--- Quote from: silverandbluedc on April 07, 2019, 12:06:28 am ---Guy on the left has a clue. Guy on the right is an amateur.

--- End quote ---
I agree.

Arkansas Fan:
We want a guy that lost to Lipscomb in the NIT?

Bogustus:

--- Quote from: Arkansas Fan on April 07, 2019, 12:08:25 am ---We want a guy that lost to Lipscomb in the NIT?

--- End quote ---
Yes

Rainmaker203:

--- Quote from: Arkansas Fan on April 07, 2019, 12:08:25 am ---We want a guy that has won over 500 games and 11 conference championships in his 21 years as a head coach, and has been to the Final Four?

--- End quote ---

FYP

W00PIGS000IE:
The guy on the right is an idiot.

moses_007:
He's the best basketball coach we could possibly hope for.  Here's his record.  You can't convince me Musselman is better....

moses_007:
Check out the tracking thread after listening to this and you may be convinced.

Arkansas Fan:

--- Quote from: Rainmaker203 on April 07, 2019, 12:14:56 am ---FYP

--- End quote ---

It's more about what has he done lately? Not too much.

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: moses_007 on April 07, 2019, 12:15:53 am ---He's the best basketball coach we could possibly hope for.  Here's his record.  You can't convince me Musselman is better....

--- End quote ---
ive never agreed with you more, Moses

a shady hog:

--- Quote from: moses_007 on April 07, 2019, 12:15:53 am ---He's the best basketball coach we could possibly hope for.  Here's his record.  You can't convince me Musselman is better....

--- End quote ---
He is a definition home run hire

moses_007:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 07, 2019, 12:20:34 am ---ive never agreed with you more, Moses

--- End quote ---
Thank you.  I'm glad you and I are on the same page.

I want The Marshall! 

chortle:

--- End quote ---

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pig in the Pokey:
Guy on the right is nervous AF!!

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: moses_007 on April 07, 2019, 12:24:54 am ---Thank you.  I'm glad you and I are on the same page.

I want The Marshall!

--- End quote ---
He was my #1 when I first heard the rumors MA might be gone.

RazorNick:

--- Quote from: silverandbluedc on April 07, 2019, 12:06:28 am ---Guy on the left has a clue. Guy on the right is an amateur.

--- End quote ---

Guy on the right trying to convince himself that Marshall wouldn’t dare leave

moses_007:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 07, 2019, 12:26:25 am ---Guy on the right is nervous AF!!

--- End quote ---
You can tell the guy on the left is a pro.  Probably the station's sports director.

a shady hog:

--- End quote ---
The guy on the left has a bright future ahead in broadcasting. I'm very surprised he's in that market because he's got the talent and intelligence to make a major jump. I know that's a little off topic but I hope to see this guy land on ESPN.

Paul:

--- Quote from: Arkansas Fan on April 07, 2019, 12:08:25 am ---We want a guy that lost to Lipscomb in the NIT?

--- End quote ---
Yes I do.  BTW the guy on the right is leaving the set to go directly to his bartending job at Chili's.

BaconTheSaddleAgain:

--- End quote ---

I don't mean to be rude, but I will anyway. This is the dumbest argument in the history of measuring coaches. Gonzaga lost to St. Mary's this year. I guess we Mark Few isn't good enough.

It's just an incredibly short-sided, lazy, and ignorant argument to cherry pick one game out of career of 700 games with a career winning average of .719.

moses_007:

--- Quote from: a shady hog on April 07, 2019, 12:37:22 am --- The guy on the left has a bright future ahead in broadcasting. I'm very surprised he's in that market because he's got the talent and intelligence to make a major jump. I know that's a little off topic but I hope to see this guy land on ESPN.

--- End quote ---
I'd like to see him regularly on Arkansas TV.  Maybe he could become a package deal with Marshall....

chortle:

--- Quote from: moses_007 on April 07, 2019, 12:46:51 am ---I'd like to see him regularly on Arkansas TV.  Maybe he could become a package deal with Marshall....

--- End quote ---

Hell, if there is still an ounce of a chance left at Marshall, HY needs to get the guy on the left in on a conference call to GM to explain it.

a shady hog:

--- Quote from: moses_007 on April 07, 2019, 12:46:51 am ---I'd like to see him regularly on Arkansas TV.  Maybe he could become a package deal with Marshall....

--- End quote ---
Maybe a time slot on 103.7 as well.

moses_007:

--- Quote from: chortle on April 07, 2019, 12:50:40 am ---
Hell, if there is still an ounce of a chance left at Marshall, HY needs to get the guy on the left in on a conference call to GM to explain it.

--- End quote ---
There's more than a chance, and he's fixing to board that charter plane in the morning bound for Fayetteville.  I fully believe HY and Marshall have reached a deal, and he will be announced this afternoon.

chortle:

--- Quote from: moses_007 on April 07, 2019, 12:52:06 am ---There's more than a chance, and he's fixing to board that charter plane in the morning bound for Fayetteville.

--- End quote ---

Please be right
Please be right
Please be right
Please be right
Please be right
Please be right
Please be right
Please be right
Please be right
Please be right
Please be right
Please be right

BaconTheSaddleAgain:

--- Quote from: moses_007 on April 07, 2019, 12:52:06 am ---There's more than a chance, and he's fixing to board that charter plane in the morning bound for Fayetteville.  I fully believe HY and Marshall have reached a deal, and he will be announced this afternoon.

--- End quote ---

If it happens, I'll do a happy dance. But, this board is the sole reason I have trust issues, so I don't believe it.

a shady hog:

--- Quote from: moses_007 on April 07, 2019, 12:52:06 am ---There's more than a chance, and he's fixing to board that charter plane in the morning bound for Fayetteville.  I fully believe HY and Marshall have reached a deal, and he will be announced this afternoon.

--- End quote ---
I really hope you are right

a shady hog:

--- Quote from: BaconTheSaddleAgain on April 07, 2019, 12:56:25 am --- ... this board is the sole reason I have trust issues ...

--- End quote ---
I nominate this for the G.O.A.T. post!!!

moses_007:

--- Quote from: BaconTheSaddleAgain on April 07, 2019, 12:56:25 am ---If it happens, I'll do a happy dance. But, this board is the sole reason I have trust issues, so I don't believe it.

--- End quote ---
I think the majority of Hogville will be extremely pleased.  We'll all want to take HY out and buy him a beer....

We aren't going to hire someone with a record similar to Mike Anderson, unless every good coach in America turns us down...

kp72204:

--- Quote from: a shady hog on April 07, 2019, 12:58:37 am --- I nominate this for the G.O.A.T. post!!!

--- End quote ---
cosign

Hogvillage Idiot:
Interesting too that they both said Jans to replace Marshall.  They seem to really respect that guy too.

moses_007:

--- Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on April 07, 2019, 01:48:10 am ---Interesting too that they both said Jans to replace Marshall.  They seem to really respect that guy too.

--- End quote ---
I'd bet Jans was a former assistant or player under Marshall at Wichita.  They both agreed that it would make sense to bring him back to Wichita.

Hogvillage Idiot:

--- Quote from: moses_007 on April 07, 2019, 01:50:47 am ---I'd bet Jans was a former assistant or player under Marshall at Wichita.  They both agreed that it would make sense to bring him back to Wichita.

--- End quote ---
I believe so, but they neither one hesitated at wanting him to be the replacement.

jkstock04:

--- End quote ---
I would love to dream this is so....

cosmodrum:
This has nothing to do with the coaching search, Gregg Marshall, or anything else, but dude on the right is a total poon in a strawberry Aladdin outfit.

Poppa Tart:
I'll be happy with Musselman, but Marshall is the Chris Peterson of CBB. If this is true were automatically back in the national conversation.

Mike Irwin:

--- End quote ---

WilsonHog was PM'd last night by a guy who said a guy in our athletic department was renting a car to pick up the new coach. That made no sense at first but reading the flight checker thread there is a possible answer.

The Wichita to NWA charter this morning has been chartered earlier in the morning by a group flying to Wichita from Jackson Hole, Wyoming. So what if the university chartered the Wichita to NWA flight and Yurachek’s man needed to join Marshall there and bring him to NWA? He would need to rent a car to drive to Wichita. He wouldn't take his personal vehicle or a university car because there would be no way to bring it back.

So why wouldn't he just fly up there? Probably because the athletic department jet was not available.

Last night I was told that they were going to bring in Musselman. The problem with that is there were no charters going to Nevada and none coming from Nevada Sunday morning.

I guess we will find out soon enough if this is happening or just another wild goose chase.

W00PIGS000IE:

--- Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 07, 2019, 04:55:00 am ---WilsonHog was PM'd last night by a guy who said a guy in our athletic department was renting a car to pick up the new coach. That made no sense at first but reading the flight checker thread there is a possible answer.

The Wichita to NWA charter this morning has been chartered earlier in the morning by a group flying to Wichita from Jackson Hole, Wyoming. So what if the university chartered the Wichita to NWA flight and Yurachek's man needed to join Marshall there and bring him to NWA? He would need to rent a car to drive to Wichita. He wouldn't take his personal vehicle or a university car because there would be no way to bring it back.

So why wouldn't he just fly up there? Probably because the athletic department jet was not available.

Last night I was told that they were going to bring in Musselman. The problem with that is there were no charters going to Nevada and none coming from Nevada Sunday morning.

I guess we will find out soon enough if this is happening or just another wild goose chase.

--- End quote ---

There was a Charter that went from Reno and landed at Jackson Hole about the same time the plane from Wichita got to Jackson Hole. 

The thing I'm watching is if that plane that is in Jackson Hole now that is supposed to fly to Drake this morning from Wichita just flies straight to Drake field or does it still go to Wichita first.

pghawg1:

--- Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 07, 2019, 04:55:00 am ---WilsonHog was PM'd last night by a guy who said a guy in our athletic department was renting a car to pick up the new coach. That made no sense at first but reading the flight checker thread there is a possible answer.

The Wichita to NWA charter this morning has been chartered earlier in the morning by a group flying to Wichita from Jackson Hole, Wyoming. So what if the university chartered the Wichita to NWA flight and Yurachek's man needed to join Marshall there and bring him to NWA? He would need to rent a car to drive to Wichita. He wouldn't take his personal vehicle or a university car because there would be no way to bring it back.

--- End quote ---
.  Why a charter plane? Is there not another booster plane they could use, If U of A plane wasn’t available?

W00PIGS000IE:

--- Quote from: pghawg1 on April 07, 2019, 05:12:04 am ---.  Why a charter plane? Is there not another booster plane they could use, If U of A plane wasn’t available?

--- End quote ---

Probably so said booster wouldn't leak out all the info, if they were trying to keep it a secret.  That would be my only guess.

Mike Irwin:

--- Quote from: pghawg1 on April 07, 2019, 05:12:04 am ---.  Why a charter plane? Is there not another booster plane they could use, If U of A plane wasn’t available?

--- End quote ---
According to the guys in the flight checker thread during this search the athletic department has been using a combination of its own jet,  booster jets and charter jets.

Bogustus:
I guess the confusing issue with the scheduled flight is whether the plane is coming from Wichita empty. Netjets has a plane service center in Wichita. Could it be stopping there before traveling on to Fayetteville?  Schedule shows the flight leaving Fayetteville at 2pm heading to Indianapolis.

Is the flight bringing Marshall from Wichita to Fayetteville and then just moving on to Indianapolis? Or is it coming to Fayetteville to get Arkansas personnel to take to Indianapolis (where Matta lives)?  Just some thoughts.

W00PIGS000IE:

--- Quote from: Bogustus on April 07, 2019, 05:23:28 am ---I guess the confusing issue with the scheduled flight is whether the plane is coming from Wichita empty. Netjets has a plane service center in Wichita. Could it be stopping there before traveling on to Fayetteville?  Schedule shows the flight leaving Fayetteville at 2pm heading to Indianapolis.

Is the flight bringing Marshall from Wichita to Fayetteville and then just moving on to Indianapolis? Or is it coming to Fayetteville to get Arkansas personnel to take to Indianapolis (where Matta lives)?  Just some thoughts.

--- End quote ---

That's the crazy part, because there's been several jets to Indy as well.

lilRockNDubb:

--- End quote ---

Maybe the plan was to bring in Mussleman but Marshall had a change of heart

Sho Nuff:

--- End quote ---
Guy on the right looks and sounds like Toby from The Office.

hogmolar:

--- End quote ---
Fans here would have wanted him gone after 03-04 season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View