RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

All posts John Pelphrey to Tennessee Tech here

(1/1)

Smithian:
Likely to happen according to Jeff Goodman.

Mike Anderson's post-Arkansas career arc will probably have better options than John Pelphrey.

Breems:
Missed the boat on that one.

Hope he succeeds. Always liked that dude. He's weird

Smithian:

--- Quote from: Breems on April 06, 2019, 12:59:15 pm ---Missed the boat on that one.

Hope he succeeds. Always liked that dude. He's weird

--- End quote ---
I'm buying some Golden Eagles gear today. Want anything?

ErieHog:
Kind of a disappointment that he settled for that job.   Waiting another year, though, and being outside of basketball just wasn't an option, I suppose.

VBMark:
Pelphrey gets a new gig as a head coach. Guess he is off the list.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-basketball-ncaa-unk-pelphrey-idUSKCN1RI0LZ?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5ca907c0e6dfda0001dc8735&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Coach Obvious:
Darn.

IronMountainHog:
President Oldham and Athletic Director Mark Wilson got played by someone. There’s a sucker(s) born every day.

VBMark:

--- Quote from: Coach Obvious on April 06, 2019, 03:29:45 pm ---Darn.

--- End quote ---

Was sorta my same thought...

Smithian:

--- Quote from: ErieHog on April 06, 2019, 01:43:57 pm ---Kind of a disappointment that he settled for that job.   Waiting another year, though, and being outside of basketball just wasn't an option, I suppose.

--- End quote ---
I think he just wants to be a head coach. He could probably find a better paying job as an assistant and recruiting ace at a high major.

Had Alabama not crashed this season, I think he may have had a good case for a mid-major job. But they crashed so now he is in the Ohio Valley.

LZH:
If only we could have bled just a little more.

(And I don't actually know that he even said that, and as far as I know it's not out of some 15th century literature or anywhere else for that matter......so if he did say it - well, it was just bizarre).

Dwight_K_Shrute:
Yep. Was afraid of this if we slow played

Arazorbackguy1:
Wasn’t this the school where Notes Richardson was?

Arazorbackguy1:
https://youtu.be/2s_FJqdL0so

ErieHog:

--- Quote from: Smithian on April 06, 2019, 03:38:33 pm ---I think he just wants to be a head coach. He could probably find a better paying job as an assistant and recruiting ace at a high major.

Had Alabama not crashed this season, I think he may have had a good case for a mid-major job. But they crashed so now he is in the Ohio Valley.

--- End quote ---

He had a good case for a mid major job, and a marginal argument for a P5 job;  he was again one of the hottest assistant coaches in America,  though you hardly understand why, given what Alabama did.  For whatever reason, he seems to have some pretty influential friends.

twistitup:
Hope we didn't want Pel back...he just got hired.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seattletimes.com/sports/tennessee-tech-hires-former-arkansas-coach-john-pelphrey/%3famp=1

John CaliPelphrey...

redhogchilipepper:
Good for him. Let the bleeding begin

26.2Hog:

--- Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on April 06, 2019, 03:49:01 pm ---Wasn’t this the school where Notes Richardson was?

--- End quote ---

Tennessee State.

Nosboar Accubond:
at Tennessee Tech

Pig in the Pokey:
ISWYDT

Smokehouse:
Was obviously unprepared here but I always liked him and hope he sees some success the rest of his career. I was in the Hogwild Band for the back-to-back wins over OK and TX and those were some fun times before the wheels fell off.

Inhogswetrust:
Juuuuuust a little late on that breaking news.

thebignasty:
I like Pelphrey. He was in over his head here, and he's a weird dude, but I hope he has success at Tennessee Tech.

WorfHog:
Good luck to him.

East Clintwood:
I wonder how much he's paying them for the job?

SooieGeneris:
Why, are they in need of janitors for BWA? I'm sure he knows how to remove blood stains after that "good bleed."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View