RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Final Four is Today...

(1/2) > >>

moses_007:
If Texas Tech loses to Michigan State, which is a good possibility, we could offer the job to Beard tonight.  Beard has been rumored to have at least inquired about the opening, perhaps to see if we had any interest in him.

What say you guys, will he leave the sagebrush of Lubbock to come to the Ozarks of Arkansas?

East Clintwood:
No, you don't ask him right after the game.  You give him rime to recover from the loss.

And no, he's not leaving.

TebowHater:
I’m (and at least one BOT member) 80:20 we’re getting played. The hog fan in me wants to imagine it’s more like 50:50. Other people on here who ostensibly have different sources seem more confident so I oh so badly want to believe them more

moses_007:

--- Quote from: East Clintwood on April 06, 2019, 12:46:14 am ---No, you don't ask him right after the game.  You give him rime to recover from the loss.

--- End quote ---
We WILL offer him the job because HY, the BOT and the fans want Beard as our coach.  Whether he accepts and comes here is another story.  We'll give him until Sunday morning to recover from the loss....

cosmodrum:
Tech is gonna win the NC because it is not in our interests. Take it to the bank. Mark it down. Auburn lock. Fire Nutt.

Count Hogula:

--- Quote from: cosmodrum on April 06, 2019, 12:52:11 am ---Tech is gonna win the NC because it is not in our interests. Take it to the bank. Mark it down. Auburn lock. Fire Nutt.

--- End quote ---

LOL I'd like to see the Lubbock boys and Auburn in the final.

State is good but I think Tech wins. Virginia won't be able to slow Auburn down.

Beard wins the final and we get the big one up the backside.

moses_007:
Beard lost 4 players off his previous season's Elite Eight team, and TT was picked to finish 7th in the Big 12 this season.  What did they do?  They won the Big 12 regular season championship.  If he wins the national championship with this squad, I will say he is clearly the best coach in the country...bar none....

greenie:
Don’t get your hopes up. There’s probably a dollar amount that would get Beard, but I don’t think we’ll pay it.  We’ve already missed on somebody (probably Sampson). Beard might be twice the previous offer after TTU sets up their defensive perimeter.

Count Hogula:

--- Quote from: greenie on April 06, 2019, 01:01:44 am ---Don’t get your hopes up. There’s probably a dollar amount that would get Beard, but I don’t think we’ll pay it.  We’ve already missed on somebody (probably Sampson). Beard might be twice the previous offer after TTU sets up their defensive perimeter.

--- End quote ---

If Stephans is invovled, I'll keep my hopes up.

Central Arkansas to the rescue, LOL...

moses_007:
Beard is at $2.8 million this season, plus he'll get a hefty bonus for making the Final Four. 

What would it take to get him?  $4 million? $5-6 million? $10 million?

SwineIam:

--- Quote from: moses_007 on April 06, 2019, 01:08:54 am ---Beard is at $2.8 million this season, plus he'll get a hefty bonus for making the Final Four. 

What would it take to get him?  $4 million?

--- End quote ---

PRJ (Boyer lol) has personally guaranteed that we'll spend 6 millions

moses_007:

--- Quote from: SwineIam on April 06, 2019, 01:12:07 am ---PRJ (Boyer lol) has personally guaranteed that we'll spend 6 millions

--- End quote ---
You serious?  We may get him then.  TT won't go that high.

greenie:
In my mind, TTU will go at least to $4M to keep him.  If we could get him for that, please pay it!  I’m having a hard time believing we’re going to offer more than Morris makes.

moses_007:

--- Quote from: greenie on April 06, 2019, 01:15:38 am ---In my mind, TTU will go at least to $4M to keep him.  If we could get him for that, please pay it!

--- End quote ---
No doubt we would. 

Hardyguy:
I just can't see him leaving TT for Arkansas. Arkansas would require a major rebuild to fit his system. Winning means a lot, and right now he has things rolling were he is at. To me, it doesn't make sense that he would leave now.

Any interest shown by him could be a work to increase his leverage so that his situation at TT is improved. For example, he may want facility upgrades. The more leverage that he has will get him more of what he wants. Arkansas is a school who can and is willing to offer him more than just about any other school, so in order to maximize his leverage, his agent or friends will want to keep Arkansas's interest alive and known.

I hope that I am wrong.

alohawg:
If tech beats Mich St., they should erect a damn statue of Beard outside their arena and rename the court after him too. Then just give the man an open check. Sparty has waaaaay more talent and Izzo is the shizzo himself.

Pulled(PP)pork:

--- Quote from: moses_007 on April 06, 2019, 12:41:25 am ---If Texas Tech loses to Michigan State, which is a good possibility, we could offer the job to Beard tonight.  Beard has been rumored to have at least inquired about the opening, perhaps to see if we had any interest in him.

What say you guys, will he leave the sagebrush of Lubbock to come to the Ozarks of Arkansas?

--- End quote ---
bwahahahahahaha, Im sorry, did you forget our place?

MB Hog:

--- Quote from: moses_007 on April 06, 2019, 12:41:25 am ---If Texas Tech loses to Michigan State, which is a good possibility, we could offer the job to Beard tonight.  Beard has been rumored to have at least inquired about the opening, perhaps to see if we had any interest in him.

--- End quote ---
I went to high school in Dallas. The word back then was that people who lived in Lubbock were always looking for a way to leave.

moses_007:

--- Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 06, 2019, 02:55:19 am ---bwahahahahahaha, Im sorry, did you forget our place?

--- End quote ---
No, isn't Fayetteville in the Arkansas Ozarks?

Dwight_K_Shrute:
Let's go Spartans.

JONAS:

--- Quote from: East Clintwood on April 06, 2019, 12:46:14 am ---No, you don't ask him right after the game.  You give him rime to recover from the loss.

--- End quote ---

Yep.  If we offer, it will be Monday or Tuesday.   

ballhog™:

--- Quote from: moses_007 on April 06, 2019, 01:08:54 am ---Beard is at $2.8 million this season, plus he'll get a hefty bonus for making the Final Four. 

What would it take to get him?  $4 million? $5-6 million? $10 million?

--- End quote ---

I think he comes for 10 million a year. Boy it’s easy to spend someone else’s money.

moses_007:

--- Quote from: ballhog™ on April 06, 2019, 10:11:46 am ---I think he comes for 10 million a year. Boy it’s easy to spend someone else’s money.

--- End quote ---
That would make him the highest paid basketball coach in America.

ballhog™:

--- Quote from: moses_007 on April 06, 2019, 10:19:29 am ---That would make him the highest paid basketball coach in America.

--- End quote ---

True, but I’m not serious that I think we would pay him that.

GlassofSwine:
It would be utterly shocking if he left TT for Arkansas after this season. Final four coaches don't jump jobs. Nothing wrong with reaching out to him and making him say "No" but reality is Arkansas is having to throw out ridiculous numbers just to get in the conversation. We're talking about giving him Top 3 salary in the country for a guy with one Elite 8 and one Final Four. We're talking about paying him over a million more than Roy Williams a coach with 3 National titles and Izzo who has a title and 8 Final four appearances.

moses_007:
We should throw the bank at Tom Izzo then.

HawgTide:

--- Quote from: JONAS on April 06, 2019, 10:10:55 am ---Yep.  If we offer, it will be Monday or Tuesday.   

--- End quote ---

Offer him Sunday night so we can get his decision Monday

swineology:

--- End quote ---

We're about to get Gussed!

Hogfan1660:

--- Quote from: cosmodrum on April 06, 2019, 12:52:11 am ---Tech is gonna win the NC because it is not in our interests. Take it to the bank. Mark it down. Auburn lock. Fire Nutt.

--- End quote ---

^^^This ^^^

If we wanted him to win the NC he would've lost in the first round... That's the beauty of being a Razorback fan because you always know you're going to be on the losing side of everything.

Dwight_K_Shrute:

--- Quote from: swineology on April 06, 2019, 10:58:52 am ---We're about to get Gussed!

--- End quote ---

If Beard stays at TT it's not even in the same realm as the Gus BS where I think for all intents and purposes Gus purposefully played the relationships to the hilt.  With CB I think it's more of just want to stay at Tech and his agent using the fact he's the hottest coach out there to secure the best deal possible.  It's more delusions of grandeur than getting played.

italian9005:
I'm sure our idiots in charge will throw a low ball offer and we will be turned down once again

NWA Hog:
My nephew is a Michigan State grad, so this will be easy for me anyway.

Yes, Beard has agreed to listen, and I think we are going to offer him what may be the largest compensation package we have ever offered any coach. Should we fail to land him, I do not believe that compensation package will be made available to anyone else.

I suspect that would not happen until tomorrow if the Red Raiders lose tonight, Tuesday if they are in the championship game.

swineology:

--- Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 06, 2019, 11:02:57 am ---If Beard stays at TT it's not even in the same realm as the Gus BS where I think for all intents and purposes Gus purposefully played the relationships to the hilt.  With CB I think it's more of just want to stay at Tech and his agent using the fact he's the hottest coach out there to secure the best deal possible.  It's more delusions of grandeur than getting played.

--- End quote ---

I agree but waiting for Beard to say no and then having to settle for a plan C coach like Alford, Forbes etc...
That's what I was referring to.

Count Hogula:

--- Quote from: swineology on April 06, 2019, 11:12:41 am ---
I agree but waiting for Beard to say no and then having to settle for a plan C coach like Alford, Forbes etc...
That's what I was referring to.

--- End quote ---

Thad Motta... says hello...

moses_007:

--- Quote from: WilsonHog on April 06, 2019, 11:09:26 am ---
Yes, Beard has agreed to listen, and I think we are going to offer him what may be the largest compensation package we have ever offered any coach. Should we fail to land him, I do not believe that compensation package will be made available to anyone else.

I suspect that would not happen until tomorrow if the Red Raiders lose tonight, Tuesday if they are in the championship game.

--- End quote ---
WOW... are we fixing to become a basketball school?

Maybe the PTB have come to the realization that we will never be able to compete in the SEC in football.....

JIHawg:
We need to go through the ropes to make everybody happy.  Then we resume our search and find our new coach.

moses_007:

--- Quote from: JIHawg on April 06, 2019, 11:34:31 am ---We need to go through the ropes to make everybody happy.  Then we resume our search and find our new coach.

--- End quote ---
Well only 3-4 names have made Hogvillians happy so far.

NWA Hog:

--- Quote from: moses_007 on April 06, 2019, 11:27:09 am ---WOW... are we fixing to become a basketball school?

Maybe the PTB have come to the realization that we will never be able to compete in the SEC in football.....

--- End quote ---

I believe that is reading too much into it.

OldCoot:

--- Quote from: SwineIam on April 06, 2019, 01:12:07 am ---PRJ (Boyer lol) has personally guaranteed that we'll spend 6 millions

--- End quote ---

6m is the price it would take to get him.

moses_007:
If we spend $6 million for a basketball coach, our next football coach would cost $8 million.  Maybe then we could become a winner in both sports. 

The real Hogules:

--- Quote from: moses_007 on April 06, 2019, 12:29:56 pm ---If we spend $6 million for a basketball coach, our next football coach would cost $8 million.  Maybe then we could become a winner in both sports. 

--- End quote ---
Damn, then you'd think that every head college football coach would be standing in line for the Kentucky football gig.

WorfHog:

--- Quote from: ballhog™ on April 06, 2019, 10:11:46 am ---I think he comes for 10 million a year. Boy it’s easy to spend someone else’s money.

--- End quote ---

The empty seats in BWA are worth $10MM annually. I'm hearing we're going to offer Beard 40% of the door (paid per game) and a lifetime contract. $100MM buyout if he goes to Texas.

ErieHog:

--- Quote from: WorfHog on April 06, 2019, 12:34:31 pm ---The empty seats in BWA are worth $10MM annually. I'm hearing we're going to offer Beard 40% of the door (paid per game) and a lifetime contract. $100MM buyout if he goes to Texas.

--- End quote ---

They aren't, and has been illustrated elsewhere, coaching hires don't cause much impact in attendance, whether they be Nick Saban or Bob from down the street.      The long term revenue impacts are spread over years,  and are mostly subject to prevailing economic conditions and media deals.

moses_007:
We didn't build BWA hoping we'd fill up half of the seats every game, or that we'd wind up giving tickets away or selling them for $5 bucks because we were a losing program...

Großer Kriegschwein:
We’ll call his agent.

His agent will either laugh hysterically or........

Remains to be seen

PORKULATOR:
So you were thinking a coaching candidate is going to be available about 11:30 p.m. eastern time?
They'll also be another one available about 8:30 but it will be Bruce Pearl. Lol

moses_007:
On a side note, Sidney Moncrief has been elected to the Basketball Hall of Fame, and will be announced during today's Final Four.  Super Sid!!!

https://www.arkansasfight.com/2019/4/6/18295553/sidney-moncrief-elected-to-basketball-hall-of-fame

Let's hope this is the start of some great Hog news this weekend....

Inhogswetrust:

--- Quote from: Hardyguy on April 06, 2019, 02:04:16 am ---I just can't see him leaving TT for Arkansas. Arkansas would require a major rebuild to fit his system. Winning means a lot, and right now he has things rolling were he is at. To me, it doesn't make sense that he would leave now.

Any interest shown by him could be a work to increase his leverage so that his situation at TT is improved. For example, he may want facility upgrades. The more leverage that he has will get him more of what he wants. Arkansas is a school who can and is willing to offer him more than just about any other school, so in order to maximize his leverage, his agent or friends will want to keep Arkansas's interest alive and known.

I hope that I am wrong.

--- End quote ---

He’s got a good arena to play in and they just broke ground on a modern practice facility earlier this year.

Inhogswetrust:

--- Quote from: moses_007 on April 06, 2019, 02:28:00 pm ---On a side note, Sidney Moncrief has been elected to the Basketball Hall of Fame, and will be announced during today's Final Four.  Super Sid!!!

https://www.arkansasfight.com/2019/4/6/18295553/sidney-moncrief-elected-to-basketball-hall-of-fame

Let's hope this is the start of some great Hog news this weekend....

--- End quote ---

Most very deserved. Congrats Sidney!

Inhogswetrust:

--- Quote from: ErieHog on April 06, 2019, 01:52:55 pm ---They aren't, and has been illustrated elsewhere, coaching hires don't cause much impact in attendance, whether they be Nick Saban or Bob from down the street.      The long term revenue impacts are spread over years,  and are mostly subject to prevailing economic conditions and media deals.

--- End quote ---

The right hire at the right place can and does impact attendance if it had previously fallen off or wasn’t that great to begin with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View