RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Dixon No Dice to UCLA(Consider this the Dixon Mega)

(1/2) > >>

WilsonHog:
TCU wouldnít negotiate Jamie Dixonís buyout down to a figure UCLA could/would pay.

rhames:
Lol. 

Beaverfever:
Well itís an opportunity for us to swoop in.  Gonna be kinda awkward for him to go back now.

USChog:
So you're saying there's a chance we can get him! Another candidate back on the table.

Honestly, how is he going to go back to TCU and actually be a give a damn about them? Seems like they screwed themselves with that one.

rhames:
Awkward locker room

Beaverfever:

--- Quote from: USChog on April 05, 2019, 07:01:12 pm ---So you're saying there's a chance we can get him! Another candidate back on the table.

Honestly, how is he going to go back to TCU and actually be a give a damn about them? Seems like they screwed themselves with that one.

--- End quote ---
Yeah they would probably be willing to negotiate with a second school.

HawgTide:

--- Quote from: Beaverfever on April 05, 2019, 07:05:59 pm ---Yeah they would probably be willing to negotiate with a second school.

--- End quote ---

Hahaha

East Clintwood:
Not the best of news for us.  But typical.

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: East Clintwood on April 05, 2019, 07:12:48 pm ---Not the best of news for us.  But typical.

--- End quote ---
not really. they poors.

hogfan064:
Dixon would be a good hire.  Knows Texas and has won a lot of games in his career.  We could do a lot worse

26.2Hog:
Why would UCLA think that TCU would give them money so they could steal TCU's coach. 

Sounds like the real idiots aren't in Fayetteville, but out there in Lala land.

moses_007:

--- Quote from: 26.2Hog on April 05, 2019, 07:17:55 pm ---Why would UCLA think that TCU would give them money so they could steal TCU's coach. 

--- End quote ---
I'd say they are in both places.

GroŖer Kriegschwein:

--- Quote from: rhames on April 05, 2019, 07:01:15 pm ---Awkward locker room

--- End quote ---

moses_007:
No one wants to go to Westwood.  Did John Wooden set the bar so high that no one could ever equal it?

UnknownNobody:
Interesting, I remember him playing at TCU and liked his teams at Pittsburgh but I don't think he is on our radar.

WorfHog:
How broke is UCLA that they need to negotiate the buyout down? It's not like Dixon is a hot commodity either. UCLA cannot afford Beard, we are the #1 job right now.

Kevin:
Crazy

moses_007:

--- Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 08:09:38 pm ---How broke is UCLA that they need to negotiate the buyout down? It's not like Dixon is a hot commodity either. UCLA cannot afford Beard, we are the #1 job right now.

--- End quote ---
Sure UCLA can afford Beard.  There's been no indication they were even remotely considering him.

UnknownNobody:

--- Quote from: moses_007 on April 05, 2019, 08:15:43 pm ---Sure UCLA can afford Beard.  There's been no indication they were even remotely considering him.

--- End quote ---

Isn't Dixon from Southern California?

twistitup:
Folks from Ft Worth don't negotiate

pghawg1:
Just our luck, if Musselman is #2 on our list we have jacked around with Beard. Musselman will be hired by UCLA

cobra kai:
Yep I would imagine Musselman would be near the top of their list. And they were already paying Alford more than double what he makes at Nevada

sickboy:

--- Quote from: twistitup on April 05, 2019, 08:17:38 pm ---Folks from Ft Worth don't negotiate

--- End quote ---

Thatís actually correct. Ft Worth is definitely a take it or leave kinda place.

hoglady:
I'm sure Musselman would choose UCLA over us - don't know where UCLA goes from here but you've got to think they would look at him pretty closely.

hoglady:
Dixon's buyout was 8 million - wonder what they agreed to reduce it to.

JONAS:

--- Quote from: Beaverfever on April 05, 2019, 07:01:08 pm ---Well itís an opportunity for us to swoop in.  Gonna be kinda awkward for him to go back now.

--- End quote ---

We aren't paying 8 million for his buyout.

checkraiser88:
Yep, I'm sure Musselman to UCLA will be announced shortly before the final 4 starts. What a plan we have.

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: JONAS on April 05, 2019, 11:57:26 pm ---We aren't paying 8 million for his buyout.

--- End quote ---
word. not if we just low balled greg marshall lol. not a chance.

JFC, this is ridiculous.

TebowHater:

--- Quote from: hoglady on April 05, 2019, 11:31:49 pm ---I'm sure Musselman would choose UCLA over us - don't know where UCLA goes from here but you've got to think they would look at him pretty closely.

--- End quote ---

Cronin was originally their other top guy. Hopefully they go for him

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: checkraiser88 on April 06, 2019, 12:01:22 am ---Yep, I'm sure Musselman to UCLA will be announced shortly before the final 4 starts. What a plan we have.

--- End quote ---
Im SURE Yuracheck, being a professional, wouldnt fire a reasonably successful and beloved coach if he didnt have an airtight plan in place.

checkraiser88:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 06, 2019, 12:04:01 am ---Im SURE Yuracheck, being a professional, wouldnt fire a reasonably successful and beloved coach if he didnt have an airtight plan in place.

--- End quote ---

His plan was to go after 2 home runs. We missed Sampson, there's no way in hell we get Beard, especially after his final 4 run. It's Musselman time(still!)

BroyledNutts:

--- Quote from: sickboy on April 05, 2019, 11:23:57 pm ---Thatís actually correct. Ft Worth is definitely a take it or leave kinda place.

--- End quote ---

I'd take one of those giant Ribeyes from that place right about now ....

UnknownNobody:

--- Quote from: hoglady on April 05, 2019, 11:33:15 pm ---Dixon's buyout was 8 million - wonder what they agreed to reduce it to.

--- End quote ---

Wow...if that is true he and his agent are just not very bright.

Hog are ya:

--- Quote from: UnknownNobody on April 05, 2019, 08:17:00 pm ---Isn't Dixon from Southern California?

--- End quote ---

Yes.  His dad is an old head hollywood guy that hangs at a coffee shop in Toluca Lake, (a high-dollar area in the Valley) that a couple of my best friends frequent regularly.   I met his dad there once years ago. They are casual friends with him.  If you recall, he was one of the names mentioned when we were hiring after Pell.   I had my buddies ask him if we were a player.  The dad said, No way he's leaving Pitt unless TCU or UCLA come calling.

Well, TCU came calling, and sure nough, he went to his Alma Mater.  Sounds like this UCLA has legs but hiccups.....

Just for grins, I just now sent an email to one of my buddies that may see his dad tomorrow, to find out the latest.   I know this may not effect OUR job search, but since Dixon was the title thread, just thought I'd mention, since it is an inside source.   If I start to hear that he is a candidate for us, I will go and talk to his dad myself!!

UnknownNobody:

--- Quote from: Hog are ya on April 06, 2019, 03:12:56 am ---Yes.  His dad is an old head hollywood guy that hangs at a coffee shop in Toluca Lake, (a high-dollar area in the Valley) that a couple of my best friends frequent regularly.   I met his dad there once years ago. They are casual friends with him.  If you recall, he was one of the names mentioned when we were hiring after Pell.   I had my buddies ask him if we were a player.  The dad said, No way he's leaving Pitt unless TCU or UCLA come calling.

Well, TCU came calling, and sure nough, he went to his Alma Mater.  Sounds like this UCLA has legs but hiccups.....

Just for grins, I just now sent an email to one of my buddies that may see his dad tomorrow, to find out the latest.   I know this may not effect OUR job search, but since Dixon was the title thread, just thought I'd mention, since it is an inside source.   If I start to hear that he is a candidate for us, I will go and talk to his dad myself!!

--- End quote ---

Interesting...as I posted earlier I remember him as a player at TCU (we are the same age) and liked his teams at Pitt.

He is a really good coach, I just wonder if there is any mutual interest.

rtr:
Everyone has bought a ticket in the Chris Beard Sweepstakes, it seems.  I hope he is worth it.

hoglady:
Well - ain't nobody paying anywhere close to an 8 million buyout for Dixon.

He's not worth it.

Atlhogfan1:
I would think they would be too cheap to make a run at Beard.  But they did try Cal. 

JIHawg:
Why does he want to leave TCU?

onebadrubi:

--- Quote from: JIHawg on April 06, 2019, 09:40:01 am ---Why does he want to leave TCU?

--- End quote ---

UCLA was home

Atlhogfan1:

--- Quote from: JIHawg on April 06, 2019, 09:40:01 am ---Why does he want to leave TCU?

--- End quote ---

I doubt he does.  UCLA though. And itís home.  Otherwise I doubt he would consider.

Smithian:

--- Quote from: checkraiser88 on April 06, 2019, 12:15:51 am ---His plan was to go after 2 home runs. We missed Sampson, there's no way in hell we get Beard, especially after his final 4 run. It's Musselman time(still!)

--- End quote ---
I wanted Anderson to get a year 9 and think had he returned we were a couple pieces this offseason from a big run next season and going forward, but even I can acknowledge Yurachek didn't fire Anderson to go kick tires on Chris Jans and Fran McCaffrey.

He fired Anderson to go offer guys like Beard, Marshall, and Sampson piles of money. Beard unfortunately got hot again in the tournament, Sampson simply said no, and Marshall was always going to be a tough get. Every coaching search is a risk. Yurachek has aimed high. I don't think it is out of the question come Monday or Tuesday we have really good name as head coach, but there are also plenty of mid-majors I'd be happy with as fallback options.

Porked Tongue:
Discuss.

Does seem to have a $8M buyout though that TCU wouldn't reduce for UCLA.

raz1965:
His buyout

Smithian:
Jamie Dixon isn't leaving TCU for Arkansas.

TCU is his alma mater. One thing to leave for a school in your home town, but Arkansas does not offer that.

Dwight_K_Shrute:
Once the coach makes the decision to leave and it goes public, I think it is in both parties best interest to try to negotiate. 

If it would have all gone down behind closed doors I think you can deal with it, and basically act like it never happened.  Jamie says I want to leave will you negotiate down my buyout.  TCU says now Jamie why would you want to do that, and we are not negotiating it down.  Jamie, well this is a better opportunity at more $ and security.  TCU:  Ok JD we love you, is that what you wanted to hear?  We will give you x% bump extend your contract 2 years, and ...  JD says ok and all is good.  Both parties can make nice public statements about each other and move forward. 

hoglady:

--- Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 06, 2019, 09:41:13 am ---I doubt he does.  UCLA though. And itís home.  Otherwise I doubt he would consider.

--- End quote ---

Bound to be some bridges burned at TCU with his team, the fans and the administration.
May not can heal all of them.

It's not like he changed his mind about leaving - he wanted to go.

azhog10:
Donít be surprised if this doesnít come back. UCLA is gonna hVe to pony up if they want their guy.

Inhogswetrust:

--- Quote from: 26.2Hog on April 05, 2019, 07:17:55 pm ---Why would UCLA think that TCU would give them money so they could steal TCU's coach. 

--- End quote ---
Perhaps the idiots are in Fort Worth. Imagine them trying to renegotiate his contract now when it comes up for renewal. Especially if heís winning bigger than he has.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View