RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Are we forked?

(1/2) > >>

Hawg Red:
Jump ahead to one week from today, is this a question youíre asking yourself when you take in the actual hire?

Let me hear your answer and why down below.

Thanks.

thebignasty:
Safest to assume we are until we aren't.

BuddyHog71:

--- Quote from: thebignasty on April 05, 2019, 06:38:13 pm ---Safest to assume we are until we aren't.

--- End quote ---
This!

Sam2k:
No - most of the pieces are still in play. Sampson is the only person who was rumored to be interested who is actually 100% off the table now. Every other potential hire is still theoretically available at this point.

rhames:
Most likely

I see the Beard dream is living on for some. I fear a sad, painful death for them.

Oliver:
It wonít end well

HOGKING:
Yes. We're Arkansas, I'm sure we'll find a way.

1highhog:

--- Quote from: rhames on April 05, 2019, 06:42:12 pm ---Most likely

I see the Beard dream is living on for some. I fear a sad, painful death for them.

--- End quote ---

This Beard dream from the very beginning has been and absolute waste of time. 

Wildhog:
Man, probably.

rhames:

--- Quote from: 1highhog on April 05, 2019, 06:47:59 pm ---This Beard dream from the very beginning has been and absolute waste of time. 

--- End quote ---

Pretty much. Hey if it gets them excited, go for it.

Seems like Sampson turned us down, Musselman scared us off, and Marshall said thanks but no thanks.

hoghearted:

--- Quote from: 1highhog on April 05, 2019, 06:47:59 pm ---This Beard dream from the very beginning has been and absolute waste of time. 

--- End quote ---

THIs is an ill advised gamble, to wait on him. Just donít see him jumping ship after a FF.

Iwastherein1969:
As we can see nothing has changed since the Jeffie Long days. Oh, we get a guy with a Nordic last name to lead our athletic department into it's continued miserable condition who likes red and white checked shirts. Other than that, "Same Hog time, Same Hog channel"

rhames:

--- Quote from: hoghearted on April 05, 2019, 06:50:25 pm ---THIs is an ill advised gamble, to wait on him. Just donít see him jumping ship after a FF.

--- End quote ---

Most likely they aren't waiting for him.

Martygit:
If so (and we certainly may be) it will be on the BOT, not HY - I have a feeling that certain entitled members of the BOT are interfering in what should be the AD's job - and it will end up getting us forked

King Kong:
Yes

Iwastherein1969:

--- Quote from: rhames on April 05, 2019, 06:52:08 pm ---
Most likely they aren't waiting for him.

--- End quote ---
I think we have these guys running our coaching searches...ÖÖÖ.

panhandlepig:

--- Quote from: Wildhog on April 05, 2019, 06:48:20 pm ---Man, probably.

--- End quote ---

Im not going there yet.  My first inclination is to get all cynical. Ive been a Hog fan long enough I expect forked up coaching hires.

This time Im gonna remain positive.  Im going to believe good things are coming. Til i cant.

mulerider76:

--- Quote from: hoghearted on April 05, 2019, 06:50:25 pm ---THIs is an ill advised gamble, to wait on him. Just donít see him jumping ship after a FF.

--- End quote ---
I'm still trying to decide if I really want someone who would.  Understand he is very good at what he does.

Hollywood_HOGan45:
Weíve been forked for 23 years.

So yes.

panhandlepig:

--- End quote ---

I agree.  Just think if they win.

BILLYBOB:
Let me put it this way:  Next week weíll all be saying, the Athletic Director couldíve at least bought us dinner and provided minimal foreplay before the coaching hire. I hope that answers the question.

imtad16:
Yeah, looking a little bleak right now. I would be happy with Musselman, but if the response from the BOT to his background check is true that doesn't seem that likely.

raz1965:
If the the bigger names were offered an turned us down you lose nothing by waiting on Beard, the mid major coaches will be available for the  next few months. I guess someone should make a poll with percentages as to the fans feeling on landing Beard, I think less than 50 percent chance.

UnknownNobody:
Well...Mal Moore was patient and waited into January to get Saban.

We all gotta hope and pray we have a seat when the music stops.

a shady hog:
Man I really hope something positive happens soon. After the last few years we've had, we deserve something good

Cambridge Hog:
Look on the bright side: you will get to have all this fun again 4 years

And maybe 2 years for football

lumphog:

--- Quote from: Hawg Red on April 05, 2019, 06:37:06 pm ---Jump ahead to one week from today, is this a question youíre asking yourself when you take in the actual hire?

Let me hear your answer and why down below.

Thanks.

--- End quote ---

GrrabEm IF ya gotEm. HawgBall is about to rebirth What are we gonna do ???

TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin:
We are.  The people at the uofa learn nothing.

Should have offered musselman 3 million got it done.

Since we are in the position. I say look at Alexander from lipscomb

GlassofSwine:
Probably, after Beard says "No" we will have whiffed on every coach who we had a legit chance of getting that we could say on day 1 was an upgrade over MA. We're  going to  likely end up with someone like Alford or an up and comer and have to hope for the best.

a shady hog:

--- Quote from: GlassofSwine on April 05, 2019, 08:48:22 pm ---Probably, after Beard says "No" we will have whiffed on every coach who we had a legit chance of getting that we could say on day 1 was an upgrade over MA. We're  going to  likely end up with someone like Alford or an up and comer and have to hope for the best.

--- End quote ---
And get "Gus'ed" once again

TheRazorback500:
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Smdh at HY. Phooey.

cosmodrum:
Forked like Chork.

panhandlepig:

--- Quote from: cosmodrum on April 05, 2019, 08:52:29 pm ---Forked like Chork.

--- End quote ---

No. No no . No no no.

This has to  work out to some kind of positive  resolution  for us.

It has to to.

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: panhandlepig on April 05, 2019, 08:59:46 pm --- No. No no . No no no.

It has to to.

--- End quote ---
At this point you just have to be patient, [an.  Hell, you know this.

oldbooniehog:
Yes.

Totally forked.

Since about 1996 and counting.

cosmodrum:

--- Quote from: panhandlepig on April 05, 2019, 08:59:46 pm --- No. No no . No no no.

It has to to.

--- End quote ---

You know the deal.

Wildhog:

--- Quote from: cosmodrum on April 05, 2019, 10:18:27 pm ---You know the deal.

--- End quote ---

Gonna Arkansas the hell out of this.

Junkyard Hog:
More like sporked.

HoopS:
Have some faith.

Papawhawg:
I have never seen so many negative people in my life. Most all comments on every thread is negative, by supposed fans. 🙄 All because they havenít hired a coach in the timeframe they want. Pitiful

cosmodrum:

--- Quote from: HoopS on April 05, 2019, 10:43:14 pm ---Have some faith.

--- End quote ---

No.

cosmodrum:

--- Quote from: Papawhawg on April 05, 2019, 10:49:02 pm ---I have never seen so many negative people in my life. Most all comments on every thread is negative, by supposed fans. 🙄 All because they havenít hired a coach in the timeframe they want. Pitiful

--- End quote ---

We've all seen this movie. It's just the way it is.

UnknownNobody:

--- Quote from: HoopS on April 05, 2019, 10:43:14 pm ---Have some faith.

--- End quote ---

I had faith a few weeks ago but that is gone.

If we wind up hiring Beard then I will be excited however I do not see that happening.

GlassofSwine:

It has to to.

--- End quote ---

Arkansas sports and positive resolution don't really go together anymore.

chortle:
I say more like Franked.

As in Frank was gonna bring us Tuberville, HY had his guy in Sampson. The BOT went all Quinn Grovey and will bring a Nutt in Alford.

Randohoggie:

--- Quote from: UnknownNobody on April 05, 2019, 10:50:46 pm ---I had faith a few weeks ago but that is gone.

If we wind up hiring Beard then I will be excited however I do not see that happening.

--- End quote ---

Anderson was fired like 10 days ago.

Kevin:
If heard comes I will owe all those who believed a big apology

HoopS:

--- Quote from: cosmodrum on April 05, 2019, 10:49:40 pm ---No.

--- End quote ---
suit yourself.

InHognito:
Gonna wind up paying some no-name loads of cash. I hate it. Had TTU lost last week it would have been nice. Then Beard could've said no then and we could have moved on. As it sits now......no Bueno fellas

cosmodrum:

--- Quote from: HoopS on April 05, 2019, 11:22:08 pm ---suit yourself.

--- End quote ---

I gotta be me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View