This isnít fun anymore

(1/2) > >>

BaconTheSaddleAgain:
That is all.

BuddyHog71:
Agreed

porkrindjimmy:
Really?

You are getting yourself worked up for nothing.

This is all common sense if you just follow along

PRJ

WichitaStateRazorback:
I agree. Stressful. No idea who to believe has actual information and who just likes messing with people....

USChog:
Oh but it is. It is all fun until the coach is announced and then it's either popping bottles or grabbing pitchforks. I'm ready for both.

Hell, I'll probably do both either way.

JonClaudeVanHam:
Just wait until Beard wins it all this year.

BuddyHog71:

--- Quote from: USChog on April 05, 2019, 12:42:31 pm ---Oh but it is. It is all fun until the coach is announced and then it's either popping bottles or grabbing pitchforks. I'm ready for both.

--- End quote ---
Wilson has already stated that pitchforks will not be allowed.  He did not mention feathers though.

jst01:
Then you are taking sports much too serious.

Hogfan1660:
This feels like we are playing a week long game of clue....   Was it the butler in the study with the candlestick???

BaconTheSaddleAgain:

--- Quote from: jst01 on April 05, 2019, 12:49:05 pm ---Then you are taking sports much too serious.

--- End quote ---

Yes. It's a vice. I don't deny it.

kp72204:

--- Quote from: Hogfan1660 on April 05, 2019, 12:50:13 pm ---This feels like we are playing a week long game of clue....   Was it the butler in the study with the candlestick???

--- End quote ---
Wrong!!!!!! It was Col. Mustard with the pipe in the den. DUH!!!!! LOL

Tater3530:
Itís a crying shame though, seems like the only exciting thing we have to look forward to anymore round here is the ever abundant drama that comes with our infamous searches

Dwight_K_Shrute:
It's still fun and will remain so unless we hear

"And now it's my pleasure to introduce our new men's basketball coach Steve Alf....."

Then a riot breaks out.  Not even going to speculate on the property damage or casualties but it could get ugly.

Letsroll1200:
Hire Nolan and let's celebrate the 94 championship and the naming of the court for one year.

Inhogswetrust:

--- Quote from: WichitaStateRazorback on April 05, 2019, 12:42:29 pm ---I agree. Stressful. No idea who to believe has actual information and who just likes messing with people....

--- End quote ---

Why is it stressful over something you have no control over. Itís more entertaining than a lot of stuff and free to 99% of us!

HogPharmer:

--- Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 05, 2019, 01:29:59 pm ---It's still fun and will remain so unless we hear

"And now it's my pleasure to introduce our new men's basketball coach Steve Alf....."

Then a riot breaks out.  Not even going to speculate on the property damage or casualties but it could get ugly.

--- End quote ---

Just as long as no one's car gets set on fire... I would hope that we, as a fan base, would never stoop that low....

Boared Out Of My Mind:
It will be when we land Beard in the steal of the century

oldhawg:

--- Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 05, 2019, 01:29:59 pm ---It's still fun and will remain so unless we hear

--- End quote ---

No riot, no property damage or casualties ---- just a long sigh and glazed over eyes.

Hogfan1660:

--- Quote from: kp72204 on April 05, 2019, 01:28:51 pm ---Wrong!!!!!! It was Col. Mustard with the pipe in the den. DUH!!!!! LOL

--- End quote ---

I would like to take a pipe to half of these people that's posting the guaranteed "it's a done deal" threads... Lol

LFC Hog:
Coaching searches are the best!  Have fun with it, they don't come around very often.

pigachu:

--- End quote ---

I am currently standing by right outside of bordinoís with a container of lighter fluid and a 30 year old mattress in the back of my truck

If I knew Musselman was the floor and we were going to take a shot at Beard, I would be fine. But I worry that we go past Musselman and it's a long way down to wherever we land.

The Boar War:

--- Quote from: BaconTheSaddleAgain on April 05, 2019, 12:41:13 pm ---That is all.

--- End quote ---

Are you talking about this coaching search or Arkansas sports in general?

Fan701:
What a nightmare this is turning out to be!  We've destroyed the football program.  Now it's quite possible we've done likewise to the basketball program, which at least had been reasonably competitive.  Might as well bite the bullet and start the search for an "up-and-comer" and hope it somehow works out.  I'm guessing we'll be setting the over-under on SEC wins next season at about two.

Tony Perkis:
Agree with OP. I usually have a lot of fun with coaching searches. This one is not fun...at all.

ArkansasI:
If Beard is the target, it seems things may be going swimmingly.

Dark Helmet Hog:
This is the best part of a coaching change. It's like we just bought a lottery ticket and are dreaming of all the things we can buy if we win it. Savor the moment.

kingofdequeen:
speak for yourselves.

Fan701:

--- Quote from: ArkansasI on April 05, 2019, 02:17:15 pm ---If Beard is the target, it seems things may be going swimmingly.

--- End quote ---
I wish I could share your optimism, but I reckon that the chances of Beard saying "Yes" are close to zero.  Was this just a bad idea from the start, or was it a good idea incompetently executed?  Either way, unless a last-minute miracle occurs, disaster is imminent.

East Clintwood:
No reason not to be having fun with this.  It is what it is and worrying about it doesn't do you a da mned bit of good.

HogPharmer:

--- Quote from: Hogfan1660 on April 05, 2019, 01:45:20 pm ---I would like to take a pipe to half of these people that's posting the guaranteed "it's a done deal" threads... Lol

--- End quote ---

Which half? And why only half and not all?

kingofdequeen:

--- Quote from: Hogfan1660 on April 05, 2019, 01:45:20 pm ---I would like to take a pipe to half of these people that's posting the guaranteed "it's a done deal" threads... Lol

--- End quote ---

i would like to drive you to the pipe store.

Seebs:
This is the best part of the off season. 

hogsanity:
This is why I was not tied into us getting any one particular coach, and was not going to believe anything about who it was until they had signed the contract. All I know is I was ready to see someone else try to get the Hogs to a higher level in basketball, but I was not going to be surprised if it got blanked up because some ptb wont let the AD do his job.

Hamstein:
I dread the withdrawals of it being over. It's a helluva ride...

Hogfan1660:

--- Quote from: HogPharmer on April 05, 2019, 02:27:46 pm ---Which half? And why only half and not all?

--- End quote ---

Let me change that to both halves then... That way Nobody will feel left out!!!

SooievilleSlugger97:
wonder if NWACCs coach is available?

DoctorSusscrofa:

--- Quote from: HogPharmer on April 05, 2019, 02:27:46 pm ---Which half? And why only half and not all?

--- End quote ---
Answer 1: the first half would be a good representative sample.
Answer 2: once you start hitting the first half with pipe, the other half starts to scatter and hide.

ArkansasI:

--- Quote from: Fan701 on April 05, 2019, 02:23:20 pm ---I wish I could share your optimism, but I reckon that the chances of Beard saying, "Yes," are close to zero.  Was this just a bad idea from the start, or was it a good idea incompetently executed?  Either way, unless a last-minute miracle occurs, disaster is imminent.

--- End quote ---
Come on, enjoy this.

Beard is proving to be the most worthy candidate. Why wouldn't Beard be interested?  We're talking serious money  The PTB appear to be on board with the idea... even putting on hold the best laid plans with other coaches.

If Beard stays at Tech, he's not going anywhere this year. No shame in our failed overtures. Worst case, we bring in Musselman - a coach most of us would have (correctly) been happy hiring at the beginning of the week.

The ride isn't even bumpy yet.

Go Hogs!

GlassofSwine:

--- Quote from: ArkansasI on April 05, 2019, 02:33:49 pm ---Come on, enjoy this.

Beard is proving to be the most worthy candidate. Why wouldn't Beard be interested?  We're talking serious money  The PTB appear to be on board with the idea... even putting on hold the best laid plans with other coaches.

If Beard stays at Tech, he's not going anywhere this year. No shame in our failed overtures. Worst case, we bring in Musselman - a coach most of us would have (correctly) been happy hiring at the beginning of the week.

The ride isn't even bumpy yet.

Go Hogs!

--- End quote ---

Musselman isn't the worst case scenario.

kingofdequeen:
some dude named fran is by far the worst case scenario.  i don't care if he invented the fuggin game.

porkerfinger:

--- Quote from: porkrindjimmy on April 05, 2019, 12:42:21 pm ---Really?

You are getting yourself worked up for nothing.

This is all common sense if you just follow along

PRJ

--- End quote ---

I hope it will all come to a logical conclusion.

BaconTheSaddleAgain:

--- Quote from: Seebs on April 05, 2019, 02:29:49 pm ---This is the best part of the off season.

--- End quote ---

That's a scary thought.

JONAS:
It has been a lot more fun than this past basketball season.

RacinRazorback:
I sincerely hope we don't take a positive and turn it into a negative! We needed to move on from Mike, but not so confident in the way this is all playing out! I hope we don't end up with a lesser than Mike coach. This has the potential to turn ugly really fast! Hopefully HY and the PTB have a handle on this!! So yes I agree this is getting to not be fun anymore.

Pig in the Pokey:

--- End quote ---
tanks will roll down the streets of Fayetteville.

Dr. Leonard Ford:
Arkansas basketball is so screwed.  Time to start drinking.

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 05, 2019, 02:43:36 pm ---some dude named fran is by far the worst case scenario.  i don't care if he invented the fuggin game.

--- End quote ---
we wont even be able to go to the Rant...

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: Dr. Leonard Ford on April 05, 2019, 03:08:09 pm ---Arkansas basketball is so screwed.  Time to start drinking.

--- End quote ---
pop bottles??  :o

kingofdequeen:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 05, 2019, 03:08:45 pm ---we wont even be able to go to the Rant...

--- End quote ---

oh you will go to the rant and you will like it.  can't be a puthy about it.  the ship will always sail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View