RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

UH, Kelvin Sampson reach agreement on contract extension

(1/1)

sunalmighty79:
https://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/article/Source-UH-Kelvin-Sampson-reach-agreement-contract-13741236.php

kid squealer:
Good news and congrats to them!

Iwastherein1969:

--- Quote from: Hawggy_Style on April 04, 2019, 11:36:56 am ---But but it was a done deal according to the insiders on here.  :puke:

--- End quote ---
doesn't matter if it was or if it wasn't, he not gone, he stayin

TeufelHog:
Personally, Iím glad heís not coming to The Hill.  Didnít care for his smart-arse response when questioned about being linked to the Arkansas job by the press last weekend.  Came across as a real [CENSORED]-canoe.

Hogtimes:

--- Quote from: TeufelHog on April 04, 2019, 01:23:59 pm ---Personally, Iím glad heís not coming to The Hill.  Didnít care for his smart-arse response when questioned about being linked to the Arkansas job by the press last weekend.  Came across as a real [CENSORED]-canoe.

--- End quote ---

I thought it was funny and showed a great sense of humor.    He was obviously referring to the  various rumors every year...not just Arkansas.  To bad we could not get him to come to Arkansas.  Would have been a huge boost to our program.

HiggiePiggy:
If it is true that he wanted his son to be made coach in waiting then I am glad we didnít get him. 

logic:
He should thank Arkansas for his improved contract and big raise.

Screamster:

--- Quote from: logic on April 04, 2019, 07:15:33 pm ---He should thank Arkansas for his improved contract and big raise.

--- End quote ---
Arkansas is only responsible for CIW part. He earned the raise!

Cale:
The ole Jimmy Sexton method.

George S. Pigton:

--- Quote from: HiggiePiggy on April 04, 2019, 07:09:26 pm ---If it is true that he wanted his son to be made coach in waiting then I am glad we didn’t get him. 

--- End quote ---

Yes, UofA wanted no part of that, offered 5 years at 15 million with another 5 million in possible bonus/performance
money but no strings. 

Hogtimes:

--- Quote from: George S. Pigton on April 04, 2019, 10:50:03 pm ---Yes, UofA wanted no part of that, offered 5 years at 15 million with another 5 million in possible bonus/performance
money but no strings. 

--- End quote ---

According to the media Houston had already offered him 6 years at 18 million with the usual bonus/performance.   So why would Arkansas offer him less...

jackflash:
I think we got played  here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View