RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Chris Beard=Gus

(1/2) > >>

Catholic High Hog:
Iím afraid a lot of people are going to be very disappointed. Call me crazy, but the man is two wins away from winning a National Title. I highly doubt what is keeping him up at night is thinking about Arkansas. People are letting themselves think since we havenít hired somebody than itís got to be Beard. Common sense says HY has not found his guy yet. Just be prepared for when itís not Beard.

Darth Hogus:
Heís getting a raise either way

Beaverfever:
Probably right but Texas Tech isn't Auburn.

porkrindjimmy:

--- Quote from: Catholic High Hog on April 04, 2019, 09:15:53 am ---Iím afraid a lot of people are going to be very disappointed. Call me crazy, but the man is two wins away from winning a National Title. I highly doubt what is keeping him up at night is thinking about Arkansas. People are letting themselves think since we havenít hired somebody than itís got to be Beard. Common sense says HY has not found his guy yet. Just be prepared for when itís not Beard.

--- End quote ---

I guarantee you we talk to Chris Beard and he has to tell us no.

I am not so sure we aren't trying to talk to Donovan or Brad Stephens.

I do believe the PTB that are in play here are dead set on making us one of the premier basketball programs in the country and 6 million is gonna entice somebody to listen.

Might as well be Chris Beard.

PRJ

navyhog24:

--- Quote ---Chris Beard=Gus
--- End quote ---

navyhog24:

--- Quote from: Catholic High Hog on April 04, 2019, 09:15:53 am ---Iím afraid a lot of people are going to be very disappointed. Call me crazy, but the man is two wins away from winning a National Title. I highly doubt what is keeping him up at night is thinking about Arkansas. People are letting themselves think since we havenít hired somebody than itís got to be Beard. Common sense says HY has not found his guy yet. Just be prepared for when itís not Beard.

--- End quote ---

Why not swing for the fences? If the worst we'll get is Greg Marshall or Eric Musselman, we'll be ok. Until then, let's let HY do his job and appease the BOT members and at least throw the offer to Beard before we start freaking out/panicking.

Atlhogfan1:
Damn fan base is gun shy and used to settling. 

BaconTheSaddleAgain:

--- End quote ---

I don't think anyone is expecting the hire to be Beard. I think what people are expecting are for us to throw a boatload of Tyson and Stephens at money to see if he'll take the bait. Big difference in people expecting an offer to be made and a hire being made.

gohawgzgo:
Kelvin Sampson was Gus. Chris Beard = Gruden

pigasaurus:
I keep thinking that if we aren't waiting on someone still playing we would have a coach by now.

Danimal:
Gus=opportunist. Beard=great coach.

GuvHog:

--- Quote from: navyhog24 on April 04, 2019, 09:29:31 am ---Why not swing for the fences? If the worst we'll get is Greg Marshall or Eric Musselman, we'll be ok. Until then, let's let HY do his job and appease the BOT members and at least throw the offer to Beard before we start freaking out/panicking.

--- End quote ---

Just being realistic. Arkansas is very unlikely to go up to 5 million or more a year to get Beard and that's what it will take at the very least.

porkrindjimmy:

--- Quote from: GuvHog on April 04, 2019, 10:45:50 am ---Just being realistic. Arkansas is very unlikely to go up to 5 million or more a year to get Beard and that's what it will take at the very least.

--- End quote ---

6 million Guv...

PRJ

babo1:
 Rather have Beard than Gus.

HoGs1031:

--- Quote from: navyhog24 on April 04, 2019, 09:29:31 am ---Why not swing for the fences? If the worst we'll get is Greg Marshall or Eric Musselman, we'll be ok. Until then, let's let HY do his job and appease the BOT members and at least throw the offer to Beard before we start freaking out/panicking.

--- End quote ---

Because if we have actually interviewed Coaches, like we should be, and we are just sitting around waiting to talk to Beard. And then he says no all the others coaches are in way better position to jack up their price. Then we are screwed either way. We either over pay for our plan B. Or we don't and we have to settle with a mid major coach who is an up and comer, and not the type of up and comer we are wanting.

SwineIam:

--- Quote from: porkrindjimmy on April 04, 2019, 10:46:47 am ---6 million Guv...

PRJ

--- End quote ---

Where in the wild world of sports did this number come from?

navyhog24:

--- Quote from: HoGs1031 on April 04, 2019, 10:50:45 am ---Because if we have actually interviewed Coaches, like we should be, and we are just sitting around waiting to talk to Beard. And then he says no all the others coaches are in way better position to jack up their price. Then we are screwed either way. We either over pay for our plan B. Or we don't and we have to settle with a mid major coach who is an up and comer, and not the type of up and comer we are wanting.

--- End quote ---

Musselman isn't going anywhere. We are the top job available at the moment. Marshall isn't going anywhere either. Musselman is only making just over $1M at Nevada. We can definitely pay better. WSU isn't going to pony up anymore than they have for Marshall. Stop being so scared.

GuvHog:

--- Quote from: SwineIam on April 04, 2019, 10:51:43 am ---

--- End quote ---

It came from Jimmy's pipe dreams.

porkrindjimmy:

--- Quote from: SwineIam on April 04, 2019, 10:51:43 am ---

--- End quote ---

It's out there.

PRJ

FineAsSwine:

--- Quote from: Danimal on April 04, 2019, 10:40:04 am ---Gus=opportunist. Beard=great coach.

--- End quote ---

Homerun hire if it happens. Definite longshot but better than taking the safe bet and wondering what if.

riccoar:

--- Quote from: GuvHog on April 04, 2019, 10:56:22 am ---It came from Jimmy's pipe dreams.

--- End quote ---
So much irony it's literally still dripping.

waterboy:

Can anyone have a source here? If so will someone be my source?

mckinneyhog5:

--- Quote from: navyhog24 on April 04, 2019, 10:54:24 am ---Musselman isn't going anywhere. We are the top job available at the moment. Marshall isn't going anywhere either. Musselman is only making just over $1M at Nevada. We can definitely pay better. WSU isn't going to pony up anymore than they have for Marshall. Stop being so scared.

--- End quote ---
Yep...we are coming out of this with either Beard, Musselman or Marshall. Just chill people.

thebignasty:

--- Quote from: waterboy on April 04, 2019, 10:59:21 am ---
Can anyone have a source here? If so will someone be my source?

--- End quote ---

HY and Dr. Frankenstein were seen at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Hollywood Hills last week.

Take it FWIW

M L (bassplayer):
Always funny to see people throwing millions around on hogville. Beard is three years away from being at UALR and people are tagging him as great and worth 6 mil? We should be 3-4 mil on the next hire, period.

jkstock04:

--- Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 04, 2019, 10:59:25 am ---Yep...we are coming out of this with either Beard, Musselman or Marshall. Just chill people.

--- End quote ---
Promise? Lol. Love the guarantees on here.

porkrindjimmy:

--- Quote from: GuvHog on April 04, 2019, 10:56:22 am ---It came from Jimmy's pipe dreams.

--- End quote ---

Guv, you don't have a clue. After I mentioned it this morning, the morning Rush guys said he had been told that we were wanting a return to glory for our basketball program that we were willing to go to 6 million for the right coach. And it has been mentioned in several other places as well.

Now, you keep running in here and mentioning apologies, court naming, Gus and Trey Biddy and let the rest of us discuss what is and what isn't happening. I love your passion and your eleventy billion posts on here. A true sport you are, but you have literally never been right on one single thing. Not once. If you told me it was daylight right now, I would open up the door to see if it really was.

I don't think you are lying, I don't think you are making things up. I think you truly believe in these things

You're just wrong

PRJ

SwineIam:

--- Quote from: porkrindjimmy on April 04, 2019, 10:56:43 am ---It's out there.

PRJ

--- End quote ---

Yeah "it's out there" all right

riccoar:

--- Quote from: thebignasty on April 04, 2019, 11:00:52 am ---HY and Dr. Frankenstein were seen at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Hollywood Hills last week.

Take it FWIW

--- End quote ---
Oh, yeah?  My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Yurachek pass out at 31 Flavors last night.  I guess it's pretty serious.

GuvHog:

--- Quote from: riccoar on April 04, 2019, 10:58:23 am ---So much irony it's literally still dripping.

--- End quote ---

I'll admit that I've had my share of pipe dreams but that one is a real whopper.

GuvHog:

--- Quote from: porkrindjimmy on April 04, 2019, 11:03:03 am ---Guv, you don't have a clue. After I mentioned it this morning, the morning Rush guys said he had been told that we were wanting a return to glory for our basketball program that we were willing to go to 6 million for the right coach. And it has been mentioned in several other places as well.

Now, you keep running in here and mentioning apologies, court naming, Gus and Trey Biddy and let the rest of us discuss what is and what isn't happening. I love your passion and your eleventy billion posts on here. A true sport you are, but you have literally never been right on one single thing. Not once. If you told me it was daylight right now, I would open up the door to see if it really was.

I don't think you are lying, I don't think you are making things up. I think you truly believe in these things

You're just wrong

PRJ

--- End quote ---

I hope they do go that much to get a new coach but I just don't see it.

If it turns out that I'm wrong, it most certainly won't be the first time and won't be the last time either.

kkremers:
NO BEARD .he is going to texass no doubt about it If not this year within 3 years .we DON'T want to do this again next year.It would be the worst day in Arkansas history to hire him and lose him 3 weeks later to texass ,just ask unlv. Or Dana Altman .U of texass grad with a history of job hopping.

SwineIam:
I'm not trying to pick fights though, I've been a long time lurker, very very seldom poster. I just haven't seen any numbers anywhere but here and fake news on twitter. I sincerely hope they are committed to returning to glory.

My Hope's and dreams say CB, GM or Muss. My gut says they'll hire Rich P or Fran

riccoar:

--- Quote from: M L (bassplayer) on April 04, 2019, 11:02:44 am ---Always funny to see people throwing millions around on hogville. Beard is three years away from being at UALR and people are tagging him as great and worth 6 mil? We should be 3-4 mil on the next hire, period.

--- End quote ---
3 years away and 8 wins in the NCAAT during that time period.  Know what that means?  Show. Me. The. Money.

jkstock04:

--- Quote from: GuvHog on April 04, 2019, 11:06:00 am ---I hope they do go that much to get a new coach but I just don't see it.

--- End quote ---
Speaking of Gus, they supposedly offered him that much plus some if I remember correctly. Our media is basically on the same plane of credibility as Hogville or worse so I wouldn't take much credence of what they say....but ESPN reported it and they are actually usually pretty credible when it comes to stuff like that.

Point being someone(s) around here at one point were willing to throw that much at a coach. I too find it hard to believe that they would for basketball...but I guess we will see.

HoGs1031:

--- Quote from: kkremers on April 04, 2019, 11:07:24 am ---NO BEARD .he is going to texass no doubt about it If not this year within 3 years .we DON'T want to do this again next year.It would be the worst day in Arkansas history to hire him and lose him 3 weeks later to texass ,just ask unlv. Or Dana Altman .U of texass grad with a history of job hopping.

--- End quote ---

IF it is him. Then we have to put in a one sided buyout clause. Where if he is going to leave on his own or for a new job then it is an outrageous amount. 

moehog:
Beard and Marshall already make more than we were paying Anderson. Will take a big bump for either of those to not walk away

kkremers:
if Beard will agree to let us brand a 12 x 8 SLOBBERING HOG on his chest at the press conference I might think about it,as long as he knows if he leaves we will then have to remove it.

Pig in the Pokey:

--- End quote ---
no he isnt. HALF (or more) of us HATE Gus and DID NOT WANT HIM. Name a single  Hogfan that wouldnt want Chris Beard!! Hell, Mike Anderson Junior even said on his show that Beard would be a step up.

SSFrazorback:
So heís not Ella Fitzgerald?

GuvHog:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 04, 2019, 11:25:26 am ---no he isnt. HALF (or more) of us HATE Gus and DID NOT WANT HIM. Name a single  Hogfan that wouldnt want Chris Beard!! Hell, Mike Anderson Junior even said on his show that Beard would be a step up.

--- End quote ---

Mike Jr. was being respectful to his dad. Chris Beard would be 2 or 3 steps up from Mike Anderson.

Catholic High Hog:
I wonder how many Chris Beard lovers there will be after he passes on the job.

FASTEST 40:

--- Quote from: Catholic High Hog on April 04, 2019, 02:34:45 pm ---I wonder how many Chris Beard lovers there will be after he passes on the job.

--- End quote ---
Somebody has to ask the prom queen out

TeufelHog:

--- Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 04, 2019, 09:32:36 am ---Damn fan base is gun shy and used to settling.

--- End quote ---
AGREED.  Every coaching search in every sport.

TeufelHog:
Chris Beard = Gus . . .
DISAGREE
Kelvin Sampson = Gus WRT getting played

BJJHog:
I heard a rumor that there was some discreet independent investor here in the LR area with connections in Austin that has guaranteed to outbid UT by $1 million per year up to 8 years in donations to get Beard.  I wonder if there is any truth to it?

Supermark101:
Definitely feel like we're playing ourself here.  Either way, he gone the second Texas opens up. Way waste our time?

bhogs05:
I don't see why or how he would come here even if we do have good money to pay..he grew up in Texas..graduated from Texas..was an assistant at Texas. He will parlay our interest into a raise at Tech until Texas comes open and then he will be heading there IMO. We will be screwing ourself if are holding out for him imo. 

Been10Hog:

--- Quote from: Supermark101 on April 04, 2019, 02:53:01 pm ---Definitely feel like we're playing ourself here.  Either way, he gone the second Texas opens up. Way waste our time?

--- End quote ---
Why? I know he is a UT alum. So what? Texas has historically not supported their basketball team. He went there, he coached there and he saw that! He is a UT alum....So what? Gus is from Arkansas and was a walkon WR here. Texas won't outbid us, by some reports of a booster with an ego. This is a better Bball program with better attendance and reportedly desined to have the highest bid

BJJHog:

--- Quote from: bhogs05 on April 04, 2019, 02:55:24 pm ---I don't see why or how he would come here even if we do have good money to pay..he grew up in Texas..graduated from Texas..was an assistant at Texas. He will parlay our interest into a raise at Tech until Texas comes open and then he will be heading there IMO. We will be screwing ourself if are holding out for him imo.

--- End quote ---

I tend to think you are correct.  But what if he sees something on the Hill that is truly amazing as an opportunity and a fan base that is more loyal and good than when he attended UT, and knows NWA is the most beautiful, quality place on earth, and just wants to compete in the SEC because it fits his niche. 

You can put together an NCAA team getting the best players out of this state every year if you close.  Pick up some nearby players from adjacent metro areas like Memphis, KC, and DFW.  Also, at UA, you will not be overshadowed by football any longer.  And finally,  Austin is just weird,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View