RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

SEC Coaching Talent

(1/1)

HardingHog:
Ripping off tweets from Fox Sports Radio's Aaron Torres (@Aaron_Torres) that he posted on Twitter today:

With Buzz going to A&M today, 8 SEC coaches have made at least an Elite Eight in their career:
Calipari, Barnes, F. Martin, Pearl, Crean, and Howland - Final 4
Buzz and White - Elite 8
Also, Cuonzo went to Sweet 16 (and you can kinda count Will Wade at LSU this season)
The other 2 coaches are: Oats who got Buffalo to a 3 seed and top 20 all season and reigning SEC COY Kermit Davis who took a team from missing the tourney to an 8 seed

The conference keeps acquiring talented and successful coaches. Just another reason for us fans to be hoping we get this hire right. I don't care who ends up being the guy, but they just need to get us to a point where we're ready for tough opponents and coaches every game of the conference schedule. The SEC keeps getting more competitive and I don't want the Hogs to fall by the wayside

RacinRazorback:
I fear we have already "fallen by the wayside"!

Con el Cerdos:

--- Quote from: RacinRazorback on April 05, 2019, 07:08:37 am ---I fear we have already "fallen by the wayside"!

--- End quote ---

Without looking up Nolan's last good year, I would say we've been there, at least, for the last 20 years.

ChicoHog:

--- Quote from: Con el Cerdos on April 05, 2019, 03:07:53 pm ---Without looking up Nolan's last good year, I would say we've been there, at least, for the last 20 years.

--- End quote ---
His last good year was 1996.  His last 5 years were very under achieving. 

HiggiePiggy:

--- Quote from: ChicoHog on April 06, 2019, 05:30:42 pm ---His last good year was 1996.  His last 5 years were very under achieving. 

--- End quote ---

His last 5 years is still far better than what we have seen since then.  Which is pretty sad.

East Clintwood:
We've been by the wayside for quite a while now in both sports.

logic:
After Nolan won the national championship and runner-up, he had the podium so he was more interested in politics and righting the wrongs that had been done to him than he was in coaching.  After 5 years, he started recruiting and coaching again, but by then his lower success and big mouth got him into trouble so unfortunately he was fired. We should have overlooked his mouth and retained him as our coach.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View