RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Good things come....

(1/4) > >>

HogsterManOgster:
To those who wait. Don't panic. TRUST the process. It's playing out.

cityhog:
trust no one.

TebowHater:
impossible is nothing

brenthog:
I think people panic because they assume we will wait and get rejected...then have to settle.

HogsterManOgster:

--- Quote from: cityhog on April 03, 2019, 10:08:50 am ---trust no one.

--- End quote ---
except me  ;D

imtad16:

--- Quote from: HogsterManOgster on April 03, 2019, 10:11:23 am ---except me  ;D

--- End quote ---

and...

What are you sitting on?

TeufelHog:
No . . . good things come to those that spend the money.  You get what you pay for. 

Arkansas “low-ball-gambles.”

jbhogfan4:

--- Quote from: HogsterManOgster on April 03, 2019, 10:11:23 am ---except me  ;D

--- End quote ---

So who is it then? If you’re right you could get more stars by your name

brenthog:

--- Quote from: jbhogfan4 on April 03, 2019, 10:14:44 am ---So who is it then? If you’re right you could get more stars by your name

--- End quote ---

He/She does talk about those stars often!

HogsterManOgster:

--- Quote from: jbhogfan4 on April 03, 2019, 10:14:44 am ---So who is it then? If you’re right you could get more stars by your name

--- End quote ---
i've tried that before and did not get more stars

JOKERHOG:

--- Quote from: HogsterManOgster on April 03, 2019, 10:08:10 am ---To those who wait. Don't panic. TRUST the process. It's playing out.

--- End quote ---

Not if the music stops and we are the only ones without a chair...

pigman78:
Hogster has been correct way more than he has been wrong. 

jbott:
What is all this "don't panic" "trust the process"  I don't follow.  Are people on suicide watch, setting their hair on fire?  what if we don't trust the process, does that interfere with HY's interviews. 

Since this is a virtual playground for entertainment, what if we do freak out, what if we do panic, what if we have as much fun with this as we can on a message board. 

Nothing said or done on here impacts anything.   Have fun!

I’d feel better if our AD didn’t travel the whole country yesterday interviewing  several coaches that are C list at best. Doesn’t seem like someone with a plan that he’s waiting to execute.

Biggus Piggus:

--- Quote from: HogsterManOgster on April 03, 2019, 10:08:10 am ---To those who wait. Don't panic. TRUST the process. It's playing out.

--- End quote ---

This is accurate.

Biggus Piggus:

--- Quote from: Karma on April 03, 2019, 10:20:58 am ---I’d feel better if our AD didn’t travel the whole country yesterday interviewing  several coaches that are C list at best. Doesn’t seem like someone with a plan that he’s waiting to execute.

--- End quote ---

You post that as though you know whether that rumor has any basis in fact.

jbhogfan4:

--- Quote from: HogsterManOgster on April 03, 2019, 10:15:59 am --- i've tried that before and did not get more stars

--- End quote ---

Well, vague statements are no way to boost your cred around here. Go out on a limb! Give us a name(s) and timeline and I’ll crown you my most trusted poster. You’ll be known as “Milky Way” in my book, you’ll have so many stars

mulerider76:
Trust but verify.

--- Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 03, 2019, 10:21:39 am ---You post that as though you know whether that rumor has any basis in fact.

--- End quote ---
Fair enough. Reported in a few places, but I don’t know if accurate.

Calvin Swine:
Good things come to those with:
1. A ton of money
2. A ton of in-state recruiting talent
3. A leadership unified in a clear vision.

#1 We have decent money.
#2 We have so so in state talent in BB, far less in FB.
#3 The jury is still out...

I'm not hitting the panic button yet but I'm having flashbacks to when we "hired Gundy" and got Bert.

onebadrubi:
looking at his post history, looks like called both AD and Football coach a little before public info came out.

JOKERHOG:

--- Quote from: Calvin Swine on April 03, 2019, 10:24:23 am ---Good things come to those with:
1. A ton of money

#1 We have decent money.

I'm not hitting the panic button yet but I'm having flashbacks to when we "hired Gundy" and got Bert.

--- End quote ---

One of the worst days in AR sports history...

HogsterManOgster:

--- Quote from: Calvin Swine on April 03, 2019, 10:24:23 am ---Good things come to those with:
1. A ton of money

#1 We have decent money.

--- End quote ---
Mr. Bielema ,at the time, was a great hire.   Trust the Process.

TrueBlue:

--- Quote from: onebadrubi on April 03, 2019, 10:26:25 am ---looking at his post history, looks like called both AD and Football coach a little before public info came out.

--- End quote ---

Hasn't named anyone.

Unless there is a coach named Don't Panic.

These vague posts are funny. They pretty much cover anything that might or might not happen.

zerose:

--- End quote ---

Will we be SHOCKED?

Will this be like the AC/DC debate?

As long as we electrocute an elephant (and a cat, and tigers) I'm game

TebowHater:

--- Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 03, 2019, 10:21:39 am ---You post that as though you know whether that rumor has any basis in fact.

--- End quote ---

It's not a rumor. This was shared with me yesterday by a BOT source, which I posted amidst everyone else saying something different. We then obtained independent flight tracking info that completely corroborated it.

That doesn't mean we don't still have 1a and 1b on the table. Neither have signed anything yet as I understand it.

These could be our back-up plans. If we wanted to hire Musselman, we could have done so yesterday.

jbott:
https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/04/02/ncaa-basketball-predicting-head-coaches-fill-job-vacanies-2019/2/

Arkansas is a good job in a great basketball conference. Musselman has a long coaching bloodline and is one of the hottest names on the coaching market. What he did at Nevada was nothing short of remarkable. The new Arkansas coach is going to build his program utilizing the transfer market and is a firm believer in the get old and stay old mantra. Arkansas snagged their new coach from a Nevada Reno team who started hot and was a national title contender for some. The problem with Nevada was at times they looked lackadaisical and unengaged in the game. Musselman is a great coach who is going to take Arkansas to the next level.

JOKERHOG:
Hopefully any coaches researching NWA will not see the story from Rogers where beer drinking neighbors put on bullet proof vests and shot each other.  That is priceless but might not be good for the coaching search... ;)

rhames:
Is Sampson waiting on us while we wait on beard?

Darren DeLoach (semohawg):

--- Quote from: TrueBlue on April 03, 2019, 10:29:05 am ---Hasn't named anyone.

These vague posts are funny. They pretty much cover anything that might or might not happen.

--- End quote ---

He actually called Morris and Yurachek

Calvin Swine:

--- Quote from: HogsterManOgster on April 03, 2019, 10:28:47 am --- Mr. Bielema ,at the time, was a great hire.   Trust the Process.

--- End quote ---

He appeared to be a great hire at the time, I'll go that far.  But then the program...

bigred223:

--- Quote from: Calvin Swine on April 03, 2019, 10:37:55 am ---He appeared to be a great hire at the time, I'll go that far.  But then the program...

--- End quote ---

That's the risk with most hires though. There are very few sure things out there.

onebadrubi:

--- End quote ---

I agree, he's said nothing of real substance on this yet. 

TrueBlue:

--- Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on April 03, 2019, 10:34:59 am ---He actually called Morris and Yurachek

--- End quote ---

Keep up.

I am speaking about this present post.

JOKERHOG:

--- Quote from: HogsterManOgster on April 03, 2019, 10:28:47 am --- Mr. Bielema ,at the time, was a great hire.   Trust the Process.

--- End quote ---

I was pissed about the BB hire.  Terrible fit.  Cost JL is job.  I think HY is smarter than that.  We are about to find out...

jbott:

--- Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on April 03, 2019, 10:34:59 am ---He actually called Morris and Yurachek

--- End quote ---

So he called Gregg for BB coach?  that would be good.

TebowHater:
This is an encouraging post for sure.

TebowHater:

--- Quote from: JOKERHOG on April 03, 2019, 10:39:51 am ---I was pissed about the BB hire.  Terrible fit.  Cost JL is job.  I think HY is smarter than that.  We are about to find out...

--- End quote ---

Actually, JL not making friends with the BOT + being anti-LR cost him his job. With respect to CBB, it was the extension he gave him when he was like 2-10 in SEC play or whatever, not the hire. Things definitely looked borderline erotic at the time, but it was all down from there.

JOKERHOG:

--- Quote from: TebowHater on April 03, 2019, 10:42:14 am ---Actually, JL not making friends with the BOT + being anti-LR cost him his job. With respect to CBB, it was the extension he gave him when he was like 2-10 in SEC play or whatever, not the hire. Things definitely looked borderline erotic at the time, but it was all down from there.

--- End quote ---

Nothing about BB look erotic to me but whatever  ;)

HogsterManOgster:

--- End quote ---
How does one get as many stars as you? The TrueBlue Hog...

Kevin:

--- End quote ---

when will the process be done

Polecat:
Ogster?

lol

SONofHAM:

--- Quote from: HogsterManOgster on April 03, 2019, 10:51:25 am --- How does one get as many stars as you? The TrueBlue Hog...

--- End quote ---
Post count...unless the mods decide you need more

TrueBlue:

--- Quote from: HogsterManOgster on April 03, 2019, 10:51:25 am --- How does one get as many stars as you? The TrueBlue Hog...

--- End quote ---

Not as many as you. You were saying Norvell just the day or so before Morris was hired. Naming it the same day doesn't really count.

I just want to grow up to be like you bro.

thebignasty:

--- Quote from: Karma on April 03, 2019, 10:20:58 am ---I’d feel better if our AD didn’t travel the whole country yesterday interviewing  several coaches that are C list at best. Doesn’t seem like someone with a plan that he’s waiting to execute.

--- End quote ---
If we really are waiting on Beard to finish the final 4 before we decide, no reason to waste that time not vetting back up candidates in case everything goes to darn.

But if that carrot is dangling, you wait.

TebowHater:

--- Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 11:06:59 am ---If we really are waiting on Beard to finish the final 4 before we decide, no reason to waste that time not vetting back up candidates in case everything goes to darn.

But if that carrot is dangling, you wait.

--- End quote ---

This.

HogsterManOgster:

--- Quote from: TrueBlue on April 03, 2019, 11:05:07 am ---Not as many as you. You were saying Norvell just the day or so before Morris was hired. Naming it the same day doesn't really count.

I just want to grow up to be like you bro.

--- End quote ---
Only reason I am here is for the stars! And to grow up to be like someone who does not use the word "Bro".  I think that's enough for now. 

Trust the Process.  Good things come....

onebadrubi:
The only thing waiting does is drive up the price for a back up.  SO if muscleman has a non commutable offer out right now (we like to use that term around here) at say 2.9 or 3 mil per year.  Next Monday he may demand it to be 3.5. I assume the BOT is ok with that if they are the ones demanding we wait to talk to beard. 

soonerhawg:

--- Quote from: JOKERHOG on April 03, 2019, 10:32:23 am ---Hopefully any coaches researching NWA will not see the story from Rogers where beer drinking neighbors put on bullet proof vests and shot each other.  That is priceless but might not be good for the coaching search... ;)

--- End quote ---
Are you kidding? That was them in panic mode because of the coaching search.

elkhog:

--- Quote from: mulerider76 on April 03, 2019, 10:23:26 am ---Trust but verify.

--- End quote ---

They are getting played.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View