RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Pitino

(1/2) > >>

dfwhogwill:
If rumors are true that Ark was willing to consider a high profile coach with baggage, then
Rick Pitino has to the obvious best choice available.  Especially, if Beard and Sampson are out.
Otherwise, wonder if Bill Self is just looking for a change of scenery versus going to NBA?
Agree with those who say pressure is on AD to deliver very high profile name. 
Could be wrong but don't see Pitino taking long to say yes to Ark.  Unless he just wants to
stay away from SEC country.  If he truly believes he was wronged at L'ville then I can't think
of a better place then the SEC and Ark to come back with a vengeance!

greenEGnHAWGS:
I donít know how Iíll feel about this.

Beaverfever:
Hell yes do it now before someone else does.

Hawg Red:
Do it.

TX HOG:
How much would be cost? 4.5?

xxtomassxx1980:

--- Quote from: TX HOG on April 01, 2019, 08:48:18 pm ---How much would be cost? 4.5?

--- End quote ---
Endless Chicken Parmesan from Olive Garden, a bottle of Apothic wine and 4.5 mil.

JONAS:

--- Quote from: Beaverfever on April 01, 2019, 08:47:07 pm ---Hell yes do it now before someone else does.

--- End quote ---

Yep.

SexyBeast77:
No MEGATHREAD, also not a Candidate

xxtomassxx1980:

--- Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 01, 2019, 08:52:06 pm ---No MEGATHREAD, also not a Candidate

--- End quote ---
Jimmy Dykes MEGATHREAD!

TX HOG:

--- Quote from: xxtomassxx1980 on April 01, 2019, 08:51:03 pm --- Endless Chicken Parmesan from Olive Garden, a bottle of Apothic wine and 4.5 mil.

--- End quote ---

Deal. If we want to win big we need to pay big. We have to decide what we want to do. Win big or not win big

xxtomassxx1980:
I agree. I would approve.

ChicoHog:
Pitino is a slime ball but a good coach.  I don't think he will coach again in major college basketball.  He's too old now and too much baggage without the necessary number of years to let time heal all wounds.   

BuddyHog71:
Letís do it!  What could go wrong.

tusked:

Coaches with less wins are making close to $7M.  Self, Calipari etc.  I think since he's looking for a cleansing $5M would be the number.  I'd do it in a heart beat.  He wants another NC that will be clean and not vacated.

xxtomassxx1980:

--- Quote from: BuddyHog71 on April 01, 2019, 08:54:28 pm ---Letís do it!  What could go wrong.

--- End quote ---
Nothing. Win games or the hearts of hookers. Or better yet...BOTH!

Beaverfever:

--- Quote from: TX HOG on April 01, 2019, 08:48:18 pm ---How much would be cost? 4.5?

--- End quote ---
I doubt it would take that much.  I think heís desperate to get back to coaching college ball.  A program will hire him this offseason IMO and they will win a lot of basketball games because of it.  If you take winning seriously you go out and hire Pitino. 

Beaverfever:

--- Quote from: ChicoHog on April 01, 2019, 08:54:25 pm ---Pitino is a slime ball but a good coach.  I don't think he will coach again in major college basketball.  He's too old now and too much baggage without the necessary number of years to let time heal all wounds.   

--- End quote ---
I donít think heís an early retirement type of guy.  Heís a junkie for coaching basketball.  Besides I want to win right now anyways so it works out.

(notOM)Rebel123:

--- Quote from: dfwhogwill on April 01, 2019, 08:21:27 pm ---If rumors are true that Ark was willing to consider a high profile coach with baggage, then
Rich Pitino has to the obvious best choice available.  Especially, if Beard and Sampson are out.
Otherwise, wonder if Bill Self is just looking for a change of scenery versus going to NBA?
Could be wrong but don't see Pitino taking long to say yes to Ark.  Unless he just wants to
stay away from SEC country.  If he truly believes he was wronged at L'ville then I can't think

--- End quote ---

JONAS:

--- Quote from: tusked on April 01, 2019, 08:55:13 pm ---Coaches with less wins are making close to $7M.  Self, Calipari etc.  I think since he's looking for a cleansing $5M would be the number.  I'd do it in a heart beat.  He wants another NC that will be clean and not vacated.

--- End quote ---

Would he get a Hog tattooed on his ass?  He already has a wildcat and a cardinal.

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: xxtomassxx1980 on April 01, 2019, 08:51:03 pm --- Endless Chicken Parmesan from Olive Garden, a bottle of Apothic wine and 4.5 mil.

--- End quote ---
he would never eat that filth. Maybe Mary Maestri's or Venesian Inn would do though.

(notOM)Rebel123:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 01, 2019, 09:05:04 pm ---he would never eat that filth. Maybe Mary Maestri's or Venesian Inn would do though.

--- End quote ---

...Joeís Italian(formerly Mary Mís) or Mama Zís...maybe.

Pig in the Pokey:
MAYBE. I could literally see the guy having to hire a chef to take this job. Because: Not good enough Italian food.

Svrdhd:

--- Quote from: JONAS on April 01, 2019, 09:02:40 pm ---
Would he get a Hog tattooed on his ass?  He already has a wildcat and a cardinal.

--- End quote ---
You can tattoo the slobbering hog next time youíre back there.

tusked:

--- Quote from: JONAS on April 01, 2019, 09:02:40 pm ---

--- End quote ---

If he won the hogs a NC, I'd hold the light.

rtr:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 01, 2019, 09:05:04 pm ---he would never eat that filth. Maybe Mary Maestri's or Venesian Inn would do though.

--- End quote ---
Don't ever mention Mary Maestri's or the Venesian Inn in the same breath as Olive Garden.

Formula Hog:
The season in Greece ends on the 10th....

HogNiner12:
Iím all aboard for this hire!! Sometimes you have to take risks to strike it rich!!

shotgun7:

--- Quote from: Formula Hog on April 01, 2019, 09:24:58 pm ---The season in Greece ends on the 10th....

--- End quote ---

HV couldn't make it that long.

Cale:
This is as good as the Brad Stevens thread.

elkhog:

--- Quote from: dfwhogwill on April 01, 2019, 08:21:27 pm ---If rumors are true that Ark was willing to consider a high profile coach with baggage, then
Rick Pitino has to the obvious best choice available.  Especially, if Beard and Sampson are out.

--- End quote ---

I would be very excited if we landed Pitino.  The others...not so much.

elkhog:

--- Quote from: Beaverfever on April 01, 2019, 08:57:09 pm ---I doubt it would take that much.  I think heís desperate to get back to coaching college ball.  A program will hire him this offseason IMO and they will win a lot of basketball games because of it.  If you take winning seriously you go out and hire Pitino. 

--- End quote ---

Agree.  And they wouldn't have to break the bank.

redeye:
Would be ironic if we hired Pitino, after Louisville hired Petrino the 2nd time. Almost like we're just trading dirtbags. Which once would have bothered me, but not when Kentucky gives Calipari a lifetime contract.

billmontgomery10:

--- Quote from: redeye on April 01, 2019, 10:34:57 pm ---Would be ironic if we hired Pitino, after Louisville hired Petrino the 2nd time. Almost like we're just trading dirtbags. Which once would have bothered me, but not when Kentucky gives Calipari a lifetime contract.

--- End quote ---

As spotty as his personal life may have been, if the Hogs hire Pitino they wonít have the biggest slimeball in the SEC- that dubious honor belongs to The Cheater, currently heading to the Final Four.

AFWarrior83:
Pitino is an elite coach that would put Arkansas back on the national stage. His past does not concern me and the potential rewards outweigh the risks imo. We might be able to get him at a bargain price as well. Offer a four year deal at $4M annual salary and see what happens!

Kentucky and Auburn took a risk when they hired successful coaches with a sketchy past and they are reaping the benefits now.

elkhog:

--- Quote from: AFWarrior83 on April 02, 2019, 12:31:10 pm ---Pitino is an elite coach that would put Arkansas back on the national stage. His past does not concern me and the potential rewards outweigh the risks imo. We might be able to get him at a bargain price as well. Offer a four year deal at $4M annual salary and see what happens!

Kentucky and Auburn took a risk when they hired successful coaches with a sketchy past and they are reaping the benefits now.

--- End quote ---

^THIS^

RacinRazorback:
Open up the check book and lets get slick Rick to the hill ASAP! I wanna win!!!!

dayofthehawg1:

--- Quote from: BuddyHog71 on April 01, 2019, 08:54:28 pm ---Letís do it!  What could go wrong.

--- End quote ---

Hahaha.   Famous last words of many.

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: AFWarrior83 on April 02, 2019, 12:31:10 pm ---Pitino is an elite coach that would put Arkansas back on the national stage. His past does not concern me and the potential rewards outweigh the risks imo. We might be able to get him at a bargain price as well. Offer a four year deal at $4M annual salary and see what happens!

--- End quote ---
He'd probably win another title, tbh. He is going to want it BADLY.

soso:
Here hold my beer...

thehill1414:
Want to win immediately, and the reward with RP outweighs the risk. He can beat Pearl, Cal, etc. Hire this guy!

Ex-Trumpet:
I think Gruden is a more likely hire.

jackel1h:
 Hire him...........

ChicoHog:

--- Quote from: billmontgomery10 on April 01, 2019, 10:58:49 pm ---As spotty as his personal life may have been, if the Hogs hire Pitino they wonít have the biggest slimeball in the SEC- that dubious honor belongs to The Cheater, currently heading to the Final Four.

--- End quote ---
100% agree with that. Pearl could sell shaved ice to Eskimos. 

JOKERHOG:
Pitino to the city of angels would make a good story line

ghostzapper:
Does anyone think he would crawl to Arkansas?

Danny J:

--- Quote from: ghostzapper on April 02, 2019, 06:42:18 pm ---Does anyone think he would crawl to Arkansas?

--- End quote ---
He knows first hand with this program is capable of. The decision makers on the hill? That's a whole other story

k.c.hawg:
Some people are such DAís. He currently has a $40m lawsiuit against. Louisville. We arenít considering him, we areníhiring him. If you have so  much love for him go to his favorite restaurant and offer your wife up as an incentive.

Ironhawg:

--- Quote from: billmontgomery10 on April 01, 2019, 10:58:49 pm ---As spotty as his personal life may have been, if the Hogs hire Pitino they wonít have the biggest slimeball in the SEC- that dubious honor belongs to The Cheater, currently heading to the Final Four.

--- End quote ---

How about this?  Bruce Pearl to UCLA, Pitino and all his baggage to Auburn.  I don't think the ptb on the Hill have the intestinal fortitude to withstand the public relations storm that will come with hiring Pitino.  Auburn?  They're used to that stuff.

Hogwop:

--- End quote ---

Yeah, if he wants some bland ass nasty italian food, that'd do

elkhog:

--- Quote from: ghostzapper on April 02, 2019, 06:42:18 pm ---Does anyone think he would crawl to Arkansas?

--- End quote ---

Crawl?  No.  Walk?  Yes.  And probably for that 3-4 million range.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View