• 10,306,119 Posts
• 408,350 Topics
• 23,328 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ticket Sales  (Read 9246 times)

LZH

Re: Ticket Sales
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2019, 03:26:47 pm »

The Cowboys, Rams, and Raiders?

I'll take your word for it....which I'm even not sure what that is.  The Cowboys have JerryWorld, the rest?.....I haven't a clue.

ricepig

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2019, 03:29:54 pm »

I'll take your word for it....which I'm even not sure what that is.  The Cowboys have JerryWorld, the rest?.....I haven't a clue.

Arenít they spending a billion dollars on new stadiums, or something close to it?

A quick Google say the Raiders stadium will cost $1.8B, the Rams $2.5B.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Justifiable Hogicide

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2019, 03:42:07 pm »

I gave mind up, because of several reasons, been going since the 60's and always enjoyed getting there early to watch warmups.  Nowdays when I would go early to watch them warmup had to have my ears blasted with that freaking rap, raggie or what ever you call it.  If they could just mix in a little bluegrass or Johnny Cash every once in a while.  Hell I would settle for some plain old band music.
That is so true. I also enjoyed the pre-game warmups, but they have made it unbearable with that CONSTANT nonstop every ďsongĒ blasting of that rapcrap. They could at least alternate the play list a bit.

twistitup

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2019, 04:50:27 pm »

That is so true. I also enjoyed the pre-game warmups, but they have made it unbearable with that CONSTANT nonstop every ďsongĒ blasting of that rapcrap. They could at least alternate the play list a bit.

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Woo Pig Sooie, brotha!
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2019, 05:13:14 pm »

I don't want to go to every game, so season tickets don't make sense for me. But even still, there's never been a game at RRS that I couldn't get tickets, even Bama in 2010. When you factor in the donation, you can attend every game you want for less than that same game would cost as part of a season ticket.

It doesn't work if you need 6-8 together, or love sitting by the same people, etc., but that's been my approach the last few years.

ricepig

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2019, 05:32:34 pm »

I don't want to go to every game, so season tickets don't make sense for me. But even still, there's never been a game at RRS that I couldn't get tickets, even Bama in 2010. When you factor in the donation, you can attend every game you want for less than that same game would cost as part of a season ticket.

It doesn't work if you need 6-8 together, or love sitting by the same people, etc., but that's been my approach the last few years.

Fully understand, what I want is people to go that can, and for those that donít, shut your mouth, lol.

hogfan98

• Hogvillian
  • Agree to Disagree
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2019, 06:04:05 pm »

Let's play a new game:  What programs (NFL included) recognized HD TV's and scaled back their zillion dollar stadiums?  They were probably ahead of the curve.

For the NFL the money spent on stadiums is to enhance the experience not to add more seats.  Most NFL stadiums are smaller than DWRRS.  And outside of a handful of teams they have no problem selling tickets.

hogblitz

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2019, 09:56:32 pm »

Good ones are under the over hang for 3:00 starts, none are good for 11AM, lol. I dropped my 4 SOC and added 2 more NEZ.
Ricepig. You always seem to have accurate info on the state of season ticket sales.  I would be interested in knowing the amount of season tickets sold this year.  I believe the deadline has passed.  Any info you have would be appreciated. 

ifghog

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2019, 10:54:29 pm »

Renewed....needs to improve quickly though.

ricepig

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2019, 07:24:46 am »

Ricepig. You always seem to have accurate info on the state of season ticket sales.  I would be interested in knowing the amount of season tickets sold this year.  I believe the deadline has passed.  Any info you have would be appreciated. 

Well, the deadline to renew has passed, but theyíll still be selling season tickets until Sept.! If I hear anything, Iíll update, but it will probably be until we get to move our seats, if we choose, in May to get an idea on what is blacked out.

scootriteby

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2019, 09:50:59 am »

I didn't renew...just couldn't afford it.  So far, I have received zero phone calls from the Foundation.

sasnakrafan

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2019, 11:22:17 am »

right there with you scooter - i guess we are at the bottom of the barrel in terms of donations. surprising they didn't even reach out to us when signs are saying they need all the help they can get.

hogfan58

• Varsity
  • i'm not witty enough to come up with anything
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2019, 05:58:43 am »

I didn't renew...just couldn't afford it.  So far, I have received zero phone calls from the Foundation.

Same here. Didn't renew last year and was bombarded with calls and emails to renew and/or buy seats to the NEZ; this year nothing.

ricepig

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2019, 06:41:27 am »

Same here. Didn't renew last year and was bombarded with calls and emails to renew and/or buy seats to the NEZ; this year nothing.

So, are you happy or sad that they arenít wasting their time calling you?

parallaxpig

• Hogvillian
  • Man that ball got outta here in a hurry.
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2019, 09:10:25 am »

Funny, I tried to lower my basketball pledge and I got a call the next day....

nationwish

• Senior
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2019, 10:54:20 am »

I had been donating for about 5 years. We got up to $2,000 a year, then didn't renew last year. I may have gotten one phone call which went to voice mail and maybe an email, but they put very little effort into retaining us as donors. I thought that because of that they had done better than expected with a new coaching staff, but when they started selling deeply discounted tickets and other promotions that they hadn't done in the past, it was obvious ticket sales were a little slower last year. Apathy does seem to be setting in right now.

hogfan58

• Varsity
  • i'm not witty enough to come up with anything
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2019, 06:48:23 am »

So, are you happy or sad that they arenít wasting their time calling you?

Surprised. Had 4 seats in the SEZ Outdoor Club, donor for years. I get calls all the time to donate to the Library. And who is saying they would be wasting their time?

ricepig

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2019, 07:36:44 am »

Surprised. Had 4 seats in the SEZ Outdoor Club, donor for years. I get calls all the time to donate to the Library. And who is saying they would be wasting their time?

I guess you indicated last year that you werenít interested, if you are, you can still call them, you know.

McKdaddy

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2019, 08:54:24 am »

it was disheartening having trouble giving away tickets I couldnít use last year.

Agreed.  I only made 1 game last year due to my son's sports, and unfortunately had to trash the last 4 games of tix.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2019, 09:46:46 am »

Iíll renew as long as Iím able. We ask the players to ďbuy inĒ so we should as well.

ricepig

« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2019, 10:05:10 am »

Iíll renew as long as Iím able. We ask the players to ďbuy inĒ so we should as well.

What??? You mean you arenít only going to show up when we are winning, and only if you get good seats on the 50 with Frito Pie?

twistitup

« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2019, 10:48:16 am »

What??? You mean you arenít only going to show up when we are winning, and only if you get good seats on the 50 with Frito Pie?

We haven't won consistently for years ...fans keep showing up. Frito Pie would be nice no matter where  you sit.

ricepig

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2019, 10:50:31 am »

We haven't won consistently for years ...fans keep showing up. Frito Pie would be nice no matter where  you sit.

True, fans are showing up.

twistitup

« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2019, 11:07:55 am »

This season, I might get my ticket for 5 bucks and sit w the clouds but damnit I will be there

Reservoir Hogs

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2019, 11:54:29 am »

I guess you indicated last year that you werenít interested, if you are, you can still call them, you know.

I'm going to check out some SOC seats today... might be a good time to upgrade!

Justifiable Hogicide

« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2019, 07:13:41 pm »

With Morris, an offensive genius and recruiting dynamo, you would think RRS Stadium attendance and ticket sales would be through the roof in his 2d season.

twistitup

« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2019, 07:23:48 pm »

With Morris, an offensive genius and recruiting dynamo, you would think RRS Stadium attendance and ticket sales would be through the roof in his 2d season.

After watching the product on the field last year, I'm guessing many fans are scratching their heads about now - nobody knows what to think.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 09:38:22 am by twistitup »

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2019, 09:43:20 am »

Arenít they spending a billion dollars on new stadiums, or something close to it?

A quick Google say the Raiders stadium will cost $1.8B, the Rams $2.5B.

If any team needs a new stadium itís the Raiders. I will admit I dislike the whole city of Oakland. I was just there two weeks ago and couldnít wait to go back to San Jose.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2019, 09:44:09 am »

I'm going to check out some SOC seats today... might be a good time to upgrade!

Thatís were we are and love it.

ricepig

« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2019, 09:45:19 am »

If any team needs a new stadium itís the Raiders. I will admit I dislike the whole city of Oakland. I was just there two weeks ago and couldnít wait to go back to San Jose.

Yeah, but itís in Las Vegas.....

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2019, 09:45:58 am »

Heck if they offered Frito Pie Iíd pay more!

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2019, 09:48:34 am »

Yeah, but itís in Las Vegas.....

True but it was needed badly.  Both Oakland Alameda and Oracle are dumps. It is no shock that both the Raiders and Warriors are moving. My wifeís aunt lives in Berkeley and going through Oakland on the way there to visit her you hold your breath and wish you were wearing a bullet proof vest.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 07:02:46 pm by Inhogswetrust »

twistitup

« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2019, 09:50:15 am »

Heck if they offered Frito Pie Iíd pay more!

Win or Lose...hell I don't care - just give me a Frito Pie

Porked Tongue

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
  • Formerly posting as Snout Says
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2019, 11:16:38 am »

I do think ticket sales were really off.  It's a prime moment for those interested to improve their spot.

I've had my block for years and have tried to make a move within my section every year but never had an opening.  It appears this year I can slightly move forward and a direction a bit more appealing.

Of course I won't know until they open it up.

Bigmac2

• Varsity
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2019, 12:00:18 am »

Renewed but has held off on hotel reservations. Usually reserve a couple of rooms for 4 games but past couple of years has had to cancel more than half because of family obligations and the excitement just not there when you drive 5.5 hours one way to get disappointed. Will Trivago it this year in hopes of getting some decent accommodations instead of worrying about having to cancel and pay if not canceling in time which unfortunately I have had to do in the past.

GTOWNHOG

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2019, 11:26:45 am »

I started buying season tickets in 1974, the year after I graduated from Arkansas.  I have renewed my season  tickets every year (with the exception of dropping the Little Rock tickets).  So, for me this will be 45 consecutive years.  I am looking forward to attending the Notre Dame game in South Bend.  It's a bucket list item.

ricepig

« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2019, 11:33:52 am »

We should get an idea on ticket sales on May 2, thatís when you can change your  seats on the ole 3D seat selection process.

Porked Tongue

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
  • Formerly posting as Snout Says
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2019, 05:24:36 pm »

Looking forward to try and take advantage by moving within my section w/o any more out of pocket.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2019, 07:01:24 pm »

The only ways I quit showing up is if my financial or health situations change for the worst drastically.

Hawg2afault

• Varsity
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2019, 06:53:37 am »

The kids wouldn't let me cancel our tickets this year.  I'll ride this out and hope that CCM or someone can bring the Hogs back to where they were in the 1960s, 70s, 80s...Wife keeps wanting to buy more tickets to the AMP.  She reminds me that we never leave there ticked off...lol

binz

• Band Nerd
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2019, 07:36:30 pm »

My seat selection time is is the afternoon on May 8th? Normally Iím several days past this so Iím guessing the amount of donors are down or they are doing more at once.

Malvin

« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2019, 12:56:56 am »

Although the product on the field has done everything it can to keep me away from the game, I have to go with the gameday experience being the number 1 reason why I don't go anymore.  You are right about the music, it's not actually the rap that's the problem it's the volume.  If you get there early before the stadium fills up to watch warm-ups then you basically have to scream to the person next to you for them to hear you.  You go through this a few times and you stop coming early.  How *** hard is it to get somebody to walk into the stadium before the game and adjust the volume to an appropriate level.. and as it fills up you can turn it up to compensate?  You have to wonder if whoever is running things at the stadium has actually been in the stands and understands what's going on.

The other thing that has gotten really bad is the concessions.  It's almost criminal what has happened here, it shouldn't take a quarter and a half to get a freaking water, much less any other food.  Simply put the gameday experience is terrible and has been for a while now, it's inconsiderate of the fans.  Until this changes, I can't see myself ever going to a game again. 

code red

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • You can't handle the truth!!!!!!
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2019, 02:20:38 pm »

I gave mind up, because of several reasons, been going since the 60's and always enjoyed getting there early to watch warmups.  Nowdays when I would go early to watch them warmup had to have my ears blasted with that freaking rap, raggie or what ever you call it.  If they could just mix in a little bluegrass or Johnny Cash every once in a while.  Hell I would settle for some plain old band music.  But also lost interest under the Bret Bileama era.  Glad he Jeff are gone, like CCM so far and think he'll get it going. 
Agreed.  20 year season ticket holder...I am not renewing.  Its a poor product right now.

little pigee

• All-American Hogvillian
  • I'll get back to you on that...
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2019, 05:58:10 pm »

Noah Little needs your tickets, but he can't pay for them because his very successful company gives to worthy charities.  Help a brother out.

Sivad

« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2019, 06:33:01 pm »

Noah Little needs your tickets, but he can't pay for them because his very successful company gives to worthy charities.  Help a brother out.
Will lower level 40 yard line work for him or must they be on the 50?

little pigee

• All-American Hogvillian
  • I'll get back to you on that...
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2019, 09:37:58 am »

Will lower level 40 yard line work for him or must they be on the 50?
I'll have to ask his "people".

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2019, 09:51:58 am »

HA! I was thinking the same thing... It's like the guy driving a $70,000 SUV and complaining about the price of gas.....

ricepig

« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2019, 10:02:48 am »

So, my non-scientific study this morning while looking at the 3D seat selection showed about a 5-8% drop in season ticket sales this spring, looks like a good opportunity to get some lower level seats from 30 yard line to 30 yard line.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2019, 10:07:12 am »

So, my non-scientific study this morning while looking at the 3D seat selection showed about a 5-8% drop in season ticket sales this spring, looks like a good opportunity to get some lower level seats from 30 yard line to 30 yard line.

Sounds like my son's father in law may have finally pulled the trigger and not renewed his 6 tickets on the 40 yard line he has had for 35 years.  But then again he has threatened to do that the last 4 years so who knows. 

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2019, 10:08:14 am »

I still do not see why anyone, anywhere, buys season tickets.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas