HA will be happy

Pig in the Pokey:
Isnt that the rapey guy?

Pass.

checkraiser88:
Haven't even read it yet but here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Jans

colbs:
Be a big disappointment.  Pretty much taking a risk on an up and comer.

BigNasty:

--- Quote from: checkraiser88 on March 31, 2019, 08:52:58 pm ---From Eric Sullivan

https://twitter.com/EricSully1037/status/1112502617601658881

--- End quote ---

Wow if true.  Shouldíve kept MA if we werenít going to have a solid upgrade.

checkraiser88:
Well lets all just hope Sampson decides to get out of Houston. I thought surely Musselman would be a better fall back option.

HawgAdvocate:

--- Quote from: King Kong on March 31, 2019, 08:55:21 pm ---HA will be happy

--- End quote ---

I'm a realist. I'm always happy. 🙂

Jans is a Gregg Marshall protege that has won wherever he goes. He'd win quickly. Sure, he was slightly damaged goods, but he's worked his way back to prominence. His squad won 30 games this year, and they nearly beat Auburn in the first round (77-78).

He's legit.

Some of y'all have champagne dreams, but live in a Big K reality.

widespreadsooie:
I would put zero stock into that tweet. Throwing the dooty at walls.

King Kong:

--- Quote from: checkraiser88 on March 31, 2019, 09:00:05 pm ---Well lets all just hope Sampson decides to get out of Houston. I thought surely Musselman would be a better fall back option.

--- End quote ---

Thad Matta, Musselman, Alford. Heck wait and see if Donovan gets fired.

Jans will still be there

jbott:
Why would we get rid of MA to hire Jans?

checkraiser88:

--- Quote from: checkraiser88 on March 31, 2019, 08:56:26 pm ---Haven't even read it yet but here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Jans

--- End quote ---

Finally grazed through it, back to back NCAA tourney births in his 2 years at NM state, was once fired from bowling green for violating a morals clause in his contract.

pignparadise:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 31, 2019, 08:56:04 pm ---Isnt that the rapey guy? Fired from Bowling Green for being drunk and making lewd advances caught on cell phone. Guy can coach He has won at a .795 clip including JC. He had a wonderful offensive Rebounding team this year. Watched them beat GCU three times this year.

Pass.

--- End quote ---

Deuce Pigelow:

--- Quote from: jbott on March 31, 2019, 09:04:48 pm ---Why would get get rid of MA to hire Jans?

--- End quote ---
.                                                                           Cuz our AD is an idiot

Formula Hog:
I have a problem with this guy even being mentioned....wow.

Smithian:

--- Quote from: jbott on March 31, 2019, 09:04:48 pm ---Why would get get rid of MA to hire Jans?

--- End quote ---
They fired Mike Anderson to go get Kelvin Sampson, Chris Beard, or another top coach.

If those guys say no, you move on to the next option and make the best of the situation.

If they can see past the off court issue, he has proven he can coach. His year at Bowling Green was really impressive for his much that program has struggled before and after. He is destroying the weakened WAC at NMSU.

I have a couple mid-majors I would prefer, but this would be a solid fallback hire.

farmhawg:
No thanks.

Ironhawg:

--- Quote from: Deuce Pigelow on March 31, 2019, 09:09:40 pm ---.                                                                           Cuz our AD is an idiot

--- End quote ---

This.

Smithian:

--- Quote from: Formula Hog on March 31, 2019, 09:11:37 pm ---I have a problem with this guy even being mentioned....wow.

--- End quote ---
Everyone makes mistake, but coaches have to be held to a higher standard. His off court transgressions are not a career ender by any means, but it has to be taken into account.

RazorWhacker:

--- End quote ---

Wait. I thought HY got rid of MA????

COCHISE:
Fired from Bowling Green after being videotaped spanking a woman on the rear end at a bar correct?

checkraiser88:

--- Quote from: COCHISE on March 31, 2019, 09:14:55 pm ---Fired from Bowling Green after being videotaped spanking a woman on the rear end at a bar correct?

--- End quote ---

Well we can live with that, i'm sure he's learned...as far as our fall back option to Sampson, uhh no way

Hogmatic:
Mussellman is much higher regarded by the BOT.

RazorWhacker:

--- Quote from: BigNasty on March 31, 2019, 08:58:39 pm ---Wow if true.  Shouldíve kept MA if we werenít going to have a solid upgrade.

--- End quote ---

No.

Anybody but MA.

ANYBODY.

pghawg1:
If this is the hire Yuracheck didnít have a damn plan. He needs to be fired if this happens.

farmhawg:
emails were sent to Bowling Green about Jansí inappropriate behavior. Deadspin reports that according to witnesses, Jans sexually harassed several women while drunk in a bar, slapping one on the butt, pushing anotherís head toward his crotch, and calling another a ďbitch.Ē This was a no-brainer decision for

No thanks, we shouldnít tolerate this behavior. Heís old enough to know better.

FASTEST 40:
Is that a foul?

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w3EHERtTHA

Hogmatic:

--- Quote from: pghawg1 on March 31, 2019, 09:18:00 pm ---If this is the hire Yuracheck didnít have a damn plan. He needs to be fired if this happens.

--- End quote ---

The jans rumor is nothing more than a rumor.  Mussellman was the backup plan.

WBOBO:
Guess he still thinks hand checking is allowed.

rzrbackramsfan:

--- Quote from: Smithian on March 31, 2019, 09:12:13 pm ---They fired Mike Anderson to go get Kelvin Sampson, Chris Beard, or another top coach.

If those guys say no, you move on to the next option and make the best of the situation.

If they can see past the off court issue, he has proven he can coach. His year at Bowling Green was really impressive for his much that program has struggled before and after. He is destroying the weakened WAC at NMSU.

I have a couple mid-majors I would prefer, but this would be a solid fallback hire.

--- End quote ---

I'll add that NMSU has historically been one of the stronger teams in the WAC.

hogfan1981:

--- Quote from: Hogmatic on March 31, 2019, 09:20:30 pm ---The jans rumor is nothing more than a rumor.  Mussellman was the backup plan.

--- End quote ---

This

HawgHoops:

--- Quote from: FASTEST 40 on March 31, 2019, 09:18:16 pm ---Is that a foul?

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w3EHERtTHA
--- End quote ---

Charge or block?

checkraiser88:

--- Quote from: Hogmatic on March 31, 2019, 09:20:30 pm ---The jans rumor is nothing more than a rumor.  Mussellman was the backup plan.

--- End quote ---

Well technically both are rumors, but yeah Musselman makes more sense.

King Kong:

--- Quote from: HawgHoops on March 31, 2019, 09:24:39 pm ---Charge or block?

--- End quote ---

Hand checking

Smithian:

--- Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on March 31, 2019, 09:23:20 pm ---I'll add that NMSU has historically been one of the stronger teams in the WAC.

--- End quote ---
It is a really food program and they never found a landing spot when the WAC fell apart.

Unnamed Source:
Alternatively we could just sit this next season out and keep looking.

Dropkick:
Donít know anything about Jans but I prefer it over another year of MA. Insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

SwineSalesman:
He has never coached at a Power Conference school, even as an assistant. Can't imagine he is really in our Top 10.

BaconTheSaddleAgain:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 31, 2019, 08:56:04 pm ---Isnt that the rapey guy?

Pass.

--- End quote ---

I mean, if we're gonna go after a rapey guy, there's a womanizer in Greece that makes a lot more sense to me.

Breems:
Eric? Who dat? He know stuff?

Dwight_K_Shrute:
Ever think someone leaked this ish to Sullivan to spread a little fear to get people on the fence about Sampson in line. Sounds like fear mongering to me. 

Hawg Red:
Would be extremely disappointing to not come away with a proven winner, but Jans is my #1 mid-major candidate. He can coach. Hopefully he doesnít have a drinking problem. Not too worried about his behavior that night in and of itself, but itís what caused it that worries me. Donít want a Larry Eustachy situation. Probably not that deep but that would be my concern. Iíll assume lesson learned, though, as I am with Sampson.

checkraiser88:

--- Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 31, 2019, 09:36:49 pm ---Ever think someone leaked this ish to Sullivan to spread a little fear to get people on the fence about Sampson in line. Sounds like fear mongering to me.

--- End quote ---

Good theory, they smokescreen a much worse candidate to make everyone love Sampson more when hired. I don't think it's needed though, anyone with reasonable sense knows Sampson is a huge upgrade.

FASTEST 40:

--- Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 31, 2019, 09:36:49 pm ---Ever think someone leaked this ish to Sullivan to spread a little fear to get people on the fence about Sampson in line. Sounds like fear mongering to me.

--- End quote ---
NO WAY...I thought for sure it was real.  >:(

Jahog2020:

--- Quote from: COCHISE on March 31, 2019, 09:14:55 pm ---Fired from Bowling Green after being videotaped spanking a woman on the rear end at a bar correct?

--- End quote ---

Who hasn't done that??

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: FASTEST 40 on March 31, 2019, 09:39:18 pm ---NO WAY...I thought for sure it was real.  >:(

--- End quote ---
Fastest 40 IQ

DEVIL DOG HOG:
Early Aprils Fool joke.

Hogdomer:

--- Quote from: Hogmatic on March 31, 2019, 09:17:07 pm ---Mussellman is much higher regarded by the BOT.

--- End quote ---

But is he more highly regarded by Eddie Fogler?  I think Musselman is out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View