• 10,303,673 Posts
• 408,314 Topics
• 23,337 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: White bass  (Read 856 times)

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
White bass
« on: March 30, 2019, 09:48:03 am »

I have a football player who wants to know if the white bass are running up the White River and where the best spots are to bank fish.

Any idea or suggestions?

markmta33

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: White bass
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 03:48:51 pm »

I heard they are. I have also seen some folks saning for crawdads. I would try blue springs and twin bridges.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

BroyledNutts

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 10:43:53 am »

I took a drive by yesterday to the usual haunts ... disturbingly quiet. No one out fishing, no boats on the water, no activity at all. Drove over twin bridges, a few people fishing, but not nearly enough to say the run is on. With the heavy rains we've had in the past week or two the water is really off, both in color and temp - river temps have dropped back into the upper 40s in most places, and there's a heavy stain to the water ... which, after this mornings T-storms, will again be pure mud - that's not the right ingredients for success.

I have a couple spots for the guys if you still need them. I don't guarantee success, but they've produced more times than not when the run is on - a couple times to the tune of a foul tempered striper or two - and are generally easy to walk to. I won't describe how to get to them here, as the directions are lengthy - PM me.

Dillar Dog

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 07:31:55 am »

We're about to get our good run here in central AR.  I have a couple of good spots if anyone wants to go.

twistitup

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 07:35:23 am »

It's almost there--walleye have been decent in the white and I've seen some nice stripers caught on the troll.....but the whites are not quite there in large numbers yet. Water is nasty after these rains...it will get going next week if it warms up nicely and doesn't flood

zane

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 09:55:17 pm »

We're about to get our good run here in central AR.  I have a couple of good spots if anyone wants to go.

Tell me when and where

Iíll bring some cold drinks

Dillar Dog

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 08:44:35 pm »

Tell me when and where

Iíll bring some cold drinks

You're around little rock?

Rivers are going to be up pretty bad the next few days. I'll check a couple of spots this coming week and get back to you if they're good

Dillar Dog

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 08:49:18 pm »

This was some we got into on maumelle.  Caught 76 in just under an hour.

zane

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 12:53:42 pm »

You're around little rock?

Rivers are going to be up pretty bad the next few days. I'll check a couple of spots this coming week and get back to you if they're good

Yah- Benton

Sounds like some fast action!

Dillar Dog

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 03:34:00 pm »

Checked one spot earlier. Not yet.

Hopefully sometime this week they'll start to show up and get busy.

twistitup

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 04:56:21 pm »

White River arm of Beaver is full of big females....get 'em!

BroyledNutts

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 08:16:38 pm »

White River arm of Beaver is full of big females....get 'em!

How far up did you probe?

twistitup

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2019, 08:59:37 pm »

How far up did you probe?

All the way to 45

From 412 to 45 is good fishing, just tonight closer to twin bridges ...females- I eat the fish and the neighbor likes the eggs

Dark Helmet Hog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2019, 10:01:42 pm »

Is the Dollar Hole still open to the public?

twistitup

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2019, 06:04:16 am »

Is the Dollar Hole still open to the public?

no...it went up to the two dollar hole, then ended up getting closed because people wouldn't quit trashing it.

Dark Helmet Hog

• Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2019, 10:01:29 am »

no...it went up to the two dollar hole, then ended up getting closed because people wouldn't quit trashing it.

Well that stinks but I can't blame them at all if people can't be decent enough to clean up after themselves. That was an outstanding spot to put in with a small boat and troll for white bass. I've also caught some very large hybrid there too.

BroyledNutts

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 12:13:08 pm »

Well that stinks but I can't blame them at all if people can't be decent enough to clean up after themselves. That was an outstanding spot to put in with a small boat and troll for white bass. I've also caught some very large hybrid there too.

Dark, you can put a boat in now at twin bridges, ya know ... although the ramp can be chaos at times ... also beaver shores is just down river a small distance.
A lot of my youth was spent at dollar hole. Lots of brain cells fell victim to spring break camping there.
We always policed ourselves and picked up around, whether it was ours or not. It's a shame others didn't appreciate the opportunity there.

I may go to Habberton and sniff around if the water will clear a little more. You want em, Twist, if I run into some big females?

twistitup

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2019, 01:27:37 pm »

Dark, you can put a boat in now at twin bridges, ya know ... although the ramp can be chaos at times ... also beaver shores is just down river a small distance.
A lot of my youth was spent at dollar hole. Lots of brain cells fell victim to spring break camping there.
We always policed ourselves and picked up around, whether it was ours or not. It's a shame others didn't appreciate the opportunity there.

I may go to Habberton and sniff around if the water will clear a little more. You want em, Twist, if I run into some big females?

You know it...

ATU HOG

• Senior
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2019, 01:56:20 pm »

Donít have a boat

Tell me where to go, what to use and how to fish it. I live in springdale

BroyledNutts

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2019, 03:46:44 pm »

You know it...

I'm going to start probing over the next week or so - If I hit more than just a couple I'll shout.

aristotle

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 03:29:22 pm »

All the way to 45

From 412 to 45 is good fishing, just tonight closer to twin bridges ...females- I eat the fish and the neighbor likes the eggs

Twin Bridges was insanely packed last Saturday. We went down stream a bit and parked on the side of the road near Habberton. Dragged kayaks to the water from there. Caught a few bass and some decent crappie by those bluffs downstream of Twin Bridges.

BroyledNutts

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 04:45:29 pm »

Twin Bridges was insanely packed last Saturday. We went down stream a bit and parked on the side of the road near Habberton. Dragged kayaks to the water from there. Caught a few bass and some decent crappie by those bluffs downstream of Twin Bridges.

Kayaks are brave (or suicidal) in that area when the run is in mania mode - boats running full out up and down, passing each other - particularly weekends. Hope you guys stay safe.

twistitup

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 04:56:40 pm »

From Neils Bluff to Twin Bridges, it good fishing this time of the year - can't go wrong. Twin Bridges loading ramp gets crazy - that's for sure. I like to unload at the Beav ramp and go from there.

aristotle

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2019, 05:26:55 pm »

From Neils Bluff to Twin Bridges, it good fishing this time of the year - can't go wrong. Twin Bridges loading ramp gets crazy - that's for sure. I like to unload at the Beav ramp and go from there.

Bryce/412?

twistitup

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2019, 06:34:04 pm »

aristotle

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2019, 07:05:39 pm »

micali

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2019, 09:07:09 am »

I use to to go to war eagle wheb I was a kid and can't stand going by the twin bridges. It's been so long since I've been white fishing. 

jdelo77

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2019, 09:10:46 pm »

Two dollar got shut down ? Iím out of the loop thatís for sure ...

twistitup

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2019, 09:12:58 pm »

Two dollar got shut down ? Iím out of the loop thatís for sure ...

yes

jdelo77

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2019, 09:18:27 pm »

I knew the property had been sold but didnít know it got shut down ..

HognitiveDissonance

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2019, 08:20:09 pm »

Ah, the white bass run near Twin Bridges. Brings back memories.

I had some spots to trek to on foot. Have had some memorable outings out there in April.

I remember one trip catching 87 white bass one afternoon down there. Upstream from Twin Bridges, park and walk through some pastures.

There was no limit at the time on Beaver Lake.

Have had some good times on the Maumelle River in central Ark. There is a limit there I believe.

Used to park at dusk and walk through the woods back there and fish at night. Caught 47 one evening from about 8-11pm.

You gotta love white bass. There is nothing subtle about it. When they hit your lure, it's like a freight train.

I've heard some great things about the Bull Shoals run, like the fingers that stretch into Arkansas. I've heard the area between the Beaver Dam and Bull Shoals lake can be great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas