RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Auburn representing

(1/2) > >>

jgphillips3:
They are taking it right at UNC and holding their own.  That stretch four Okeke is playing a great game for them.  I love the spacing, ball movement and aggressive D they are playing.  They look like what we should have the past 8 years.  I know Pearlís a cheater but it does my heart good to see UNC being pushed.

HamIAm:
uh oh, Okeke hurt - looks bad

WMHawgfan:
Oh no! Okeke just went down with what looks like a serious leg injury.

HamIAm:
looking better but he heads to the locker room with help

WMHawgfan:
Ok he is up but going to the locker room

WMHawgfan:
Please donít collapse AU

jgphillips3:
Glad he could walk.  He was in pain.

26.2Hog:
As dirty as Pearl might be, a razor sharp exacto knife would be needed to scrape the sleaze off UNC. 

I'm like you, phillips3, hoping auburn hangs to the end.

jgphillips3:
83-68 under 5:00 to go.

PonderinHog:
Hate to say it, but I'm enjoying this.   :-[

PonderinHog:
That should do it.

jgphillips3:
90-72, under 2:00...UNC is going down barring a miracle finish.

ballinhog:
I love watching Auburn, love the way they play. When I was a little lad my favorite player was Al Dillard. Thatís who I tried to emulate when I played. I love the 3 ball. Whoever we hire I hope we fire up the 3 ball like AU does, as long as we have good shooters doing the shooting

alohawg:
I have rooted against Carolina since the screw job two years ago. This is good stuff.

hawgdavis:
They are fun to watch and they play for each other

hawgdavis:
Love that they are taking UNC to the woodshed

jgphillips3:

--- Quote from: PonderinHog on March 29, 2019, 08:22:16 pm ---Hate to say it, but I'm enjoying this.   :-[

--- End quote ---

I donít hate to say it.  I am definitely enjoying it.  Just wish our coach could have finished them off 3 years ago...or 5 years ago.

leroyhawg:

--- Quote from: PonderinHog on March 29, 2019, 08:22:16 pm ---Hate to say it, but I'm enjoying this.   :-[

--- End quote ---

Hate to say it but I'm glad Auburn won, I'm not a Bruce pearl fan, I do like Auburn's players!

hawgon:
Auburn keeps shooting like this...Iím not sure that they can be beaten.

BDSCT51:
I've never been so happy to have my bracket busted!

Hogfan1660:

--- Quote from: ballinhog on March 29, 2019, 08:27:18 pm ---I love watching Auburn, love the way they play. When I was a little lad my favorite player was Al Dillard. Thatís who I tried to emulate when I played. I love the 3 ball. Whoever we hire I hope we fire up the 3 ball like AU does, as long as we have good shooters doing the shooting

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately we fired up the 3 ball just like them this year.... Only difference is that they have people shooting the 3 that can hit it!!!

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 29, 2019, 08:28:52 pm ---I donít hate to say it.  I am definitely enjoying it.  Just wish our coach could have finished them off 3 years ago...or 5 years ago.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, but it's Auburn.  Feels dirty.

RebHog:
SEC chant lol right now  ;)

jgphillips3:
The only thing better than sad UNC tears is sad Kentucky tears.

WMHawgfan:
Not bashing our departed coach but this was what we were hoping for, just didnít come together

26.2Hog:

--- Quote from: PonderinHog on March 29, 2019, 08:31:34 pm ---Yeah, but it's Auburn.  Feels dirty.

--- End quote ---

Admit it. You LIKE it dirty.

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: alohawg on March 29, 2019, 08:27:54 pm ---I have rooted against Carolina since the screw job two years ago. This is good stuff.

--- End quote ---
I've hated them since the Great Alaskan Shootouts in the late 70's.

cosmodrum:
We better get this hire right. Auburn is in the Elite 8. We have NO excuse.

jgphillips3:

--- Quote from: Hogfan1660 on March 29, 2019, 08:31:20 pm ---Unfortunately we fired up the 3 ball just like them this year.... Only difference is that they have people shooting the 3 that can hit it!!!

--- End quote ---

Their coach and team obviously knows who is supposed to shoot the three and doesnít have sub-15% 3 point shooters with a green light.  It was a pretty game.  Hope Okeke is okay.  Looking forward to watching Houston possibly knock Kentucky out...or lose so we can go ahead and hire our coach.  Win-win either way.

HamIAm:
Any word on Okeke?

jgphillips3:

--- Quote from: HamIAm on March 29, 2019, 08:37:08 pm ---Any word on Okeke?

--- End quote ---

Judging by Pearl breaking out in tears, Iím guessing itís bad.

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: HamIAm on March 29, 2019, 08:37:08 pm ---Any word on Okeke?

--- End quote ---
Based on Pearl's response, not good...

hawgdavis:
BP just said the kid is hurt really hurt and broke down crying.

lakecityhog:
Hate them BOTH! Both cheat although Auburn doesn't try to wear a halo like Carolina!
But,  Carolina losing and Duke hopefully get STOMPED would make me very happy.

jgphillips3:
Given the way he buckled a little sideways, at best a torn meniscus but more likely a complete MCL tear or similar.

Oliver:
I actually had Auburn in my Elite 8

Hogfan1660:

--- Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 29, 2019, 08:36:38 pm ---Their coach and team obviously knows who is supposed to shoot the three and doesnít have sub-15% 3 point shooters with a green light.  It was a pretty game.  Hope Okeke is okay.  Looking forward to watching Houston possibly knock Kentucky out...or lose so we can go ahead and hire our coach.  Win-win either way.

--- End quote ---

Totally agree...

The_Iceman:
Buy a coach who will buy a team.....and you get an elite 8.

cosmodrum:

--- Quote from: The_Iceman on March 29, 2019, 08:52:57 pm ---Buy a coach who will buy a team.....and you get an elite 8.

--- End quote ---

Sounds good. Let's do it.

Letsroll1200:

--- Quote from: The_Iceman on March 29, 2019, 08:52:57 pm ---Buy a coach who will buy a team.....and you get an elite 8.

--- End quote ---

Bruce Pearl didn't know about it

TNRazorbacker:
P

31to6:

--- Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 29, 2019, 08:32:53 pm ---The only thing better than sad UNC tears is sad Kentucky tears.

--- End quote ---
Delicious tears.

When was the last time you saw UNC throw in the towel with 3 mins left in the game?

roothawg:
It is sad o am rooting for aubee. I hate the powder puff blues more than aubee.

hawgmasta:

--- End quote ---

Pretty solid investment.

12247:
Pearl may be a real ass but he does have the number 1 thing any coach must have to actually be successful over time, THE REFUSAL TO BE DENIED.  Pearl teams don't drop their drawers and bend over, you got to force their pants down and be ready for a fight if you want any of them.

hoglady:

--- Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 29, 2019, 08:38:50 pm ---Judging by Pearl breaking out in tears, Iím guessing itís bad.

--- End quote ---

Pearl breaking down was hard to watch - heck it brought tears to my eyes.
Thought that Roy Williams and NC were pretty darn classy last night.
Their players coming up to Okeke as he was being helped off the court and just generally took the loss like men.

Sow Lancelot:

--- Quote from: ballinhog on March 29, 2019, 08:27:18 pm ---I love watching Auburn, love the way they play. When I was a little lad my favorite player was Al Dillard. Thatís who I tried to emulate when I played. I love the 3 ball. Whoever we hire I hope we fire up the 3 ball like AU does, as long as we have good shooters doing the shooting

--- End quote ---
Oh, we fired Ďem up like that; just had too many non-shooters doing the shooting.

Sow Lancelot:

--- Quote from: hawgon on March 29, 2019, 08:29:56 pm ---Auburn keeps shooting like this...Iím not sure that they can be beaten.

--- End quote ---
Unless they meet Purdue and that crazy Cline (sp?) kid lights it up like he did Thursday. That guy was ridiculous.

--- Quote from: hoglady on March 30, 2019, 06:51:04 am ---Pearl breaking down was hard to watch - heck it brought tears to my eyes.
Thought that Roy Williams and NC were pretty darn classy last night.
Their players coming up to Okeke as he was being helped off the court and just generally took the loss like men.

--- End quote ---

Agree. With all the bad pub out there now it was good to see that
level of sportsmanship.

HogBreath:

--- Quote from: avatar on March 30, 2019, 07:39:46 am ---Agree. With all the bad pub out there now it was good to see that
level of sportsmanship.

--- End quote ---
Yes, that was a very nice gesture by the 'heel players, a nice measure of respect shown there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View