RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

the lofts at miss. state

(1/1)

Kevin:
is this stuff necessary? would we do something like this?

Dudy Noble Left Field Lofts
Apartment-style lofts will rise above historic Left Field Lounge. Each loft offers 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, open concept kitchen & living space, and a patio deck featuring breathtaking views of Dudy Noble Field. Loft holders will literally eat, breathe, and sleep MSU Baseball. The lofts are fully furnished including 1 king bed, 1 queen bed, furniture, kitchen supplies, linens, and toiletries. The loft will comfortably sleep 4 people however, standing capacity is 20 people. Game day tickets are not required to access the lofts as they are not inside the stadium gates.
2019 Baseball Season - $45,0001128
February - End of season
2 parking passes included
Conference Weekend Series (Including Southern Miss Series) - $3,250
3 night maximum
Non-Conference Weekend Series (Excluding Southern Miss Series) - $2,500
3 night maximum
Weekday Game - $1,500
1 night maximum
PLEASE NOTE: All pricing and availability subject to change for post season play

The Royal Ham:

--- Quote from: Kevin on March 29, 2019, 10:50:51 am --- featuring breathtaking views of Dudy Noble Field.

--- End quote ---
I know its a nice park but breathtaking may be a stretch.

Kevin:
pretty steep price for a weekend

BroyledNutts:
Interesting marketing ploy, similar to the loft hotel at Texas Motor Speedway, but aesthetically contributes little to nothing at Dudy Noble ... Akin, I guess, to the outfields at Wrigley.

The new outfield areas are nice, on the surface, with terracing, grills, tables, and such ... but part of what made the Dude unique and interesting was the left field lounge - and that's totally gone now.

Supermark101:
I still believe we should do this in Right field, instead of adding boxes to.left. leave the hog pen alone. I would love to have one of i had 45,000 to drop.

Grizzlyfan:

--- Quote from: Kevin on March 29, 2019, 10:50:51 am ---is this stuff necessary? would we do something like this?

Dudy Noble Left Field Lofts
Apartment-style lofts will rise above historic Left Field Lounge. Each loft offers 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, open concept kitchen & living space, and a patio deck featuring breathtaking views of Dudy Noble Field. Loft holders will literally eat, breathe, and sleep MSU Baseball. The lofts are fully furnished including 1 king bed, 1 queen bed, furniture, kitchen supplies, linens, and toiletries. The loft will comfortably sleep 4 people however, standing capacity is 20 people. Game day tickets are not required to access the lofts as they are not inside the stadium gates.
2019 Baseball Season - $45,0001128
February - End of season
Conference Weekend Series (Including Southern Miss Series) - $3,250
3 night maximum
Non-Conference Weekend Series (Excluding Southern Miss Series) - $2,500
3 night maximum
Weekday Game - $1,500
1 night maximum
PLEASE NOTE: All pricing and availability subject to change for post season play

--- End quote ---
What does necessary have to do with anything happening in major college athletics?

Hatleyville454:

--- Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 29, 2019, 01:54:19 pm ---Interesting marketing ploy, similar to the loft hotel at Texas Motor Speedway, but aesthetically contributes little to nothing at Dudy Noble ... Akin, I guess, to the outfields at Wrigley.

The new outfield areas are nice, on the surface, with terracing, grills, tables, and such ... but part of what made the Dude unique and interesting was the left field lounge - and that's totally gone now.

--- End quote ---

They try to keep the lounge legacy alive by allowing folks who buy the grill areas to customize it. Obviously not like you could before, but I still saw some homemade tiki bars and what not out there.

I think the lofts are pretty cool actually. If I had the money, I'd get one for sure.

It's amazing how far SEC baseball facilities have come in the last decade. I still think it's Baum, Box, Dudy and then everybody else, but they are closing that gap quick.

BroyledNutts:

--- Quote from: Hatleyville454 on March 29, 2019, 03:42:29 pm ---They try to keep the lounge legacy alive by allowing folks who buy the grill areas to customize it. Obviously not like you could before, but I still saw some homemade tiki bars and what not out there.

I think the lofts are pretty cool actually. If I had the money, I'd get one for sure.

It's amazing how far SEC baseball facilities have come in the last decade. I still think it's Baum, Box, Dudy and then everybody else, but they are closing that gap quick.

--- End quote ---

Baum, the Box, Founder's Park, Blue Bell are all great facilities; even Sewell-Thomas is nice .... [begrudgingly said] the new Dude is the nicest in college baseball.

rljjr:

--- Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 29, 2019, 04:10:46 pm ---Baum, the Box, Founder's Park, Blue Bell are all great facilities; even Sewell-Thomas is nice .... [begrudgingly said] the new Dude is the nicest in college baseball.

--- End quote ---

I don't like it. It looks like they tried to do so many things and none of them flow with the other. It's disjointed and ugly.
It may be better in person, but the pictures don't do it justice if that's the case.

felixfan:
i applaud them for trying new things.  It would be pretty enjoyable weekend, but I think 3k for a weekend is asking a little much though.

BroyledNutts:

--- Quote from: felixfan on March 29, 2019, 05:24:31 pm ---i applaud them for trying new things.  It would be pretty enjoyable weekend, but I think 3k for a weekend is asking a little much though.

--- End quote ---

Well, considering the shipping containers are 1500, all the extra amenities in the loft make the cost almost worth it - almost.

--- Quote from: rljjr on March 29, 2019, 05:17:23 pm ---I don't like it. It looks like they tried to do so many things and none of them flow with the other. It's disjointed and ugly.
It may be better in person, but the pictures don't do it justice if that's the case.

--- End quote ---

I agree, it is disjointed - but ESPN sure fawned all over it last night.

mhuff:
Is the game on tv?

BroyledNutts:

--- Quote from: mhuff on March 29, 2019, 07:58:40 pm ---Is the game on tv?

--- End quote ---

Hogs? ESPNU & ESPN+

WorfHog:

--- Quote from: felixfan on March 29, 2019, 05:24:31 pm ---i applaud them for trying new things.  It would be pretty enjoyable weekend, but I think 3k for a weekend is asking a little much though.

--- End quote ---

Weekend trip to Disney (or NYC/Miami/Seatle/San Fransisco) vs weekend trip to Starkville. Tough choice.

jdlew:
Does Miss State have turf field...also it look like Texas also had a turf infield and outfield..

BroyledNutts:

--- Quote from: jdlew on March 30, 2019, 09:07:39 pm ---Does Miss State have turf field...also it look like Texas also had a turf infield and outfield..

--- End quote ---

I think MSU has turf infield, home plate area, and grass outfield ... Texas is all turf.

widespreadsooie:
I prefer the lofts at Kenny's House

BroyledNutts:

--- Quote from: widespreadsooie on March 30, 2019, 09:16:49 pm ---I prefer the lofts at Kenny's House

--- End quote ---

I've got dozens of friends, and the fun never ends, that is as long as I'm buyin' ...

go hogues:

--- Quote from: felixfan on March 29, 2019, 05:24:31 pm ---i applaud them for trying new things.   

--- End quote ---
MSU has come a long way. They have blown past the UA in all the major sports and they do it with one of (if not THE) lowest budgets in the SEC. Pretty impressive.

Hatleyville454:

--- Quote from: go hogues on April 02, 2019, 09:31:48 pm ---MSU has come a long way. They have blown past the UA in all the major sports and they do it with one of (if not THE) lowest budgets in the SEC. Pretty impressive.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't go that far, but as far as baseball goes, yes, they are committed to baseball probably more than any other sport. Has a lot to do with their AD being a baseball guy, former coach, and alumni. As long as he is at the helm, their baseball program will not want for anything.

go hogues:

--- Quote from: Hatleyville454 on April 02, 2019, 10:21:43 pm ---I wouldn't go that far, but as far as baseball goes, yes, they are committed to baseball probably more than any other sport. Has a lot to do with their AD being a baseball guy, former coach, and alumni. As long as he is at the helm, their baseball program will not want for anything.

--- End quote ---
Great football, basketball (men and womenís) and baseball. Much better than us, overall, going on a decade now.

Hatleyville454:

--- Quote from: go hogues on April 03, 2019, 12:53:51 pm ---Great football, basketball (men and womenís) and baseball. Much better than us, overall, going on a decade now.

--- End quote ---

They have gotten better for sure, but you're reaching by saying they are much better, or even better in general, than Arkansas men's athletics as a whole. Here's the avg wins for each program the past decade:

Football:

MSST - 7.8
ARK - 6.4

Basketball:

MSST - 17.7
ARK - 20.1

Baseball:

MSST - 36.3
ARK - 40.8

Obviously, all-time records favor Arkansas heavily in all sports with the exception of baseball where it is pretty even.

bondhue:

--- Quote from: WorfHog on March 30, 2019, 06:06:12 pm ---Weekend trip to Disney (or NYC/Miami/Seatle/San Fransisco) vs weekend trip to Starkville. Tough choice.

--- End quote ---
Less sh-t and fewer used needles in the streets of Starkville than San Fran.

trippigs:
Much rather visit Starkville than Seattle because the rampant liberalism in Seattle is alarming and failing. I have been there a lot since the early 1980ís and have personally witnessed this transformation.  Give me a small southern college town any day.

chaz:

--- Quote from: go hogues on April 02, 2019, 09:31:48 pm ---MSU has come a long way. They have blown past the UA in all the major sports and they do it with one of (if not THE) lowest budgets in the SEC. Pretty impressive.

--- End quote ---

Its more like we have sunk to the bottom in football and basketball.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View