RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Alabama is Bleeding Players

(1/2) > >>

NWA Hog:
In the last three days, John Petty, Daniel Giddens, Kira Lewis, and Dazon Ingram have all entered their names in the transfer portal. If they lose those four, plus attrition from graduation, that will amount to over half of their roster.

BannerMountainMan:
SEC is going to take a pretty good hit next year. Anybodys game next year.

3kgthog:
Swap our unhappy few for their unhappy few?

Grizzlyfan:

--- Quote from: 3kgthog on March 27, 2019, 01:02:40 pm ---Swap our unhappy few for their unhappy few?

--- End quote ---
That's what the transfer portal is all about.  Or, conversely, trade the guys who couldn't get on the field for us for the guys who couldn't get on the field for them.

Letsroll1200:
Arkansas is next

HawgTrough:

--- Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 27, 2019, 01:13:26 pm ---Arkansas is next

--- End quote ---
Yep. Gonna be ugly.

Inhogswetrust:
Bleed? They must have listened to their former assistant, some guy name Pelphrey.

Inhogswetrust:

--- Quote from: HawgTrough on March 27, 2019, 01:17:35 pm ---Yep. Gonna be ugly.

--- End quote ---

Maybe, maybe not. We will see.

King Kong:

--- End quote ---

Depends on the hire

HawgTrough:

--- Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 27, 2019, 01:19:10 pm ---Maybe, maybe not. We will see.

--- End quote ---

Joe and maybe Chaney could land on a blue blood. Jones could be a star at a Memphis/Buffalo/Wofford type place. Gonna be a lot of temptation.

NWA Hog:
I figure it this way.

We may have a few players put their names in the portal; okay, thatís what it is there for.

We may even have players who choose to transfer.

If they do, I will wish them well and focus on our new coach and the players who want to be Razorbacks.

klp1:

--- Quote from: HawgTrough on March 27, 2019, 01:23:14 pm ---Joe and maybe Chaney could land on a blue blood. Jones could be a star at a Memphis/Buffalo/Wofford type place. Gonna be a lot of temptation.

--- End quote ---

If Joe decided to transfer after the seaon he had, would be highly sought after.

RazorPiggie:
I think its dumb to put your name out there before even knowing who the next coach is going to be.

Inhogswetrust:

--- Quote from: HawgTrough on March 27, 2019, 01:23:14 pm ---Joe and maybe Chaney could land on a blue blood. Jones could be a star at a Memphis/Buffalo/Wofford type place. Gonna be a lot of temptation.

--- End quote ---
There usually is turnover in some players when there is a coaching change. I expect it but sometimes itís less than some fans would think and sometimes more.. Sometimes it needs to be more than normal.

sickboy:

--- Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 27, 2019, 01:33:31 pm ---I think its dumb to put your name out there before even knowing who the next coach is going to be.

--- End quote ---

Not entirely. It puts pressure on the administration to make a hire that takes your transfer into consideration. From the optics, it's also a show of solidarity to your ousted coach.

The players don't have much leverage in college sports to have their voices heard. Putting your name in the transfer portal is a tiny shred of leverage.

kingofdequeen:

--- Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2019, 01:27:27 pm ---I figure it this way.

We may have a few players put their names in the portal; okay, thatís what it is there for.

We may even have players who choose to transfer.

If they do, I will wish them well and focus on our new coach and the players who want to be Razorbacks.

--- End quote ---

works both ways too.  the right hire and you're the new destination.

Jim Harris:

--- End quote ---

So, the guys were going to leave at one time because MA was still here, and now they're going to leave because he's not? Right.

RicebirdHog:

--- Quote from: HawgTrough on March 27, 2019, 01:17:35 pm ---Yep. Gonna be ugly.

--- End quote ---

Itís not going to be ugly and weíre not going to be next. As much as they stand up for him on social media some of these guys werenít opposed to a change either

synthartist69:

--- End quote ---
  I know several that no other division one team will take. I bet Joe stays.

HawgTrough:

--- Quote from: Jim Harris on March 27, 2019, 01:39:58 pm ---So, the guys were going to leave at one time because MA was still here, and now they're going to leave because he's not? Right.

--- End quote ---
I never said that. Strange post

HawgTrough:

--- Quote from: RicebirdHog on March 27, 2019, 01:40:42 pm ---Itís not going to be ugly and weíre not going to be next. As much as they stand up for him on social media some of these guys werenít opposed to a change either

--- End quote ---

not everyone will transfer. Thanks for the update

greenEGnHAWGS:

--- Quote from: King Kong on March 27, 2019, 01:21:39 pm ---Depends on the hire

--- End quote ---

This.

HawgTrough:

--- Quote from: synthartist69 on March 27, 2019, 01:51:10 pm ---  I know several that no other division one team will take. I bet Joe stays.

--- End quote ---

The players know how guys like you feel about them. You all have made that very clear

JenksHawg:

--- End quote ---

So Jones would be a Star in three teams that are better than us even though he wasnít for us?

JenksHawg:
We had 9 newcomers this year - without a coaching change - your point is?

HawgTrough:

--- Quote from: JenksHawg on March 27, 2019, 02:16:32 pm ---So Jones would be a Star in three teams that are better than us even though he wasnít for us?

--- End quote ---
Yes. A year of experience in a power 5 conference. Drop down to a mid major schedule. Why not?

HardingHog:

--- Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2019, 12:32:42 pm ---In the last three days, John Petty, Daniel Giddens, Kira Lewis, and Dazon Ingram have all entered their names in the transfer portal. If they lose those four, plus attrition from graduation, that will amount to over half of their roster.

--- End quote ---

I'm sure its not happening, but I'd love to see us land Kira Lewis if he does decide to transfer. 6'3 PG who is super quick, and can shoot from outside

RicebirdHog:

--- Quote from: HawgTrough on March 27, 2019, 02:11:50 pm ---not everyone will transfer. Thanks for the update

--- End quote ---

I promise everything will be okay. Itís not the end of the world like some think for some reason

hobhog:

--- Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 27, 2019, 01:33:31 pm ---I think its dumb to put your name out there before even knowing who the next coach is going to be.

--- End quote ---

Exactly- whatís the rush? Then again I think can also still stay put if like next coach?

HawgTrough:

--- Quote from: RicebirdHog on March 27, 2019, 02:25:42 pm ---I promise everything will be okay. Itís not the end of the world like some think for some reason

--- End quote ---
Of course it's not the end of the world. It's just sports.

Just hard not to expect the worst when it comes to Razorback athletics these days.

I'm done venting now

Tick Hog:
 Just to be certain that Iím clear, transfers still have to sit a year ? If so I doubt many will want that especially the ones getting PT.

bjeffersonhog:

Joe is more then likely going pro after next year if he has another great shooting year.  Several scouts came away impressed by him this year while watching Gafford.  His height combined with his shooting ability is highly sought after.  He's not going to transfer and sit a year.

FineAsSwine:
Alabama just hired Nate Oats from Buffalo. He may be able to bring a pretty good big man with him. Hawkins was set to announce for Buffalo in a few days and he may follow Oats to Bama now.

BannerMountainMan:

--- Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 27, 2019, 03:20:57 pm ---Alabama just hired Nate Oats from Buffalo. He may be able to bring a pretty good big man with him. Hawkins was set to announce for Buffalo in a few days and he may follow Oats to Bama now.

--- End quote ---
Yep, Anderson would have him at Arkansas now.

RyanMallettsEgo:

--- Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 27, 2019, 03:26:17 pm ---Yep, Anderson would have him at Arkansas now.

--- End quote ---

Anderson also had 8 years to build a roster.

So.

GuvHog:

--- Quote from: bjeffersonhog on March 27, 2019, 03:15:31 pm ---
Joe is more then likely going pro after next year if he has another great shooting year.  Several scouts came away impressed by him this year while watching Gafford.  His height combined with his shooting ability is highly sought after.  He's not going to transfer and sit a year.

--- End quote ---

Agreed, and I don't see Harris transferring either because if he did, he would lose a year of eligibility.

NWA Hog:

--- Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 27, 2019, 03:26:17 pm ---Yep, Anderson would have him at Arkansas now.

--- End quote ---

So, let me get this straight...Mike needed for Buffalo to lose their coach so we could back into a recruit?

Kiss my ass right dead in the brown spot.

Birminghog:
Nate Oates the new coach st Bama. Just announced. Already posted. Sorry. Looked for it but didnít see it at first.

SONofHAM:

--- End quote ---
How would he be set to sign with Buffalo soon, and at the same time would have been coming to Arkansas?  Anderson was fired yesterday.  Try again.

SONofHAM:

--- End quote ---
I look forward to the mods getting fed up with your "Mike and only Mike" mantra.

NWA Hog:

--- Quote from: SONofHAM on March 27, 2019, 03:43:01 pm ---I look forward to the mods getting fed up with your "Mike and only Mike" mantra.

--- End quote ---

Oh, itís coming.

porkrindjimmy:

--- End quote ---

Dude...love your passion. Love that you think the world of Mike Anderson. I also think the world of Mike Anderson. But what Mike pulled last Saturday, he deserved fired. He flat out lost that game against Indiana. No one else but him.

We were wrong. Whether we got bad info or not isn't up for debate. We did. Others had good info...and although I can say I believe he wasn't leaving until he pulled that stunt on Saturday..fact is, he is gone. And that is probably for the best. Let's quit comparing every move somebody makes with "well Mike would've done it better"...we don't know that...he probably wouldn't because he isn't here anymore. I love Mike Anderson. He isn't my coach anymore. Tip your hat to the guys that were getting better info than us and let's get ready for a new coach.

PRJ

HogBreath:

--- Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 27, 2019, 01:18:32 pm ---Bleed? They must have listened to their former assistant, some guy name Pelphrey.

--- End quote ---
  Please delete this before Smithian comes along and goes postal over his pal, Pel.

Catholic High Hog:

--- Quote from: SONofHAM on March 27, 2019, 03:40:54 pm ---How would he be set to sign with Buffalo soon, and at the same time would have been coming to Arkansas?  Anderson was fired yesterday.  Try again.

--- End quote ---

Plus he didnít even take a visit here, but yea he was a lock to come to Arkansas under Anderson.

GoshenHog:

--- Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 27, 2019, 12:45:25 pm ---SEC is going to take a pretty good hit next year. Anybodys game next year.

--- End quote ---

I'll take Kentucky vs. the field.

BannerMountainMan:

--- Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 27, 2019, 03:51:59 pm ---Dude...love your passion. Love that you think the world of Mike Anderson. I also think the world of Mike Anderson. But what Mike pulled last Saturday, he deserved fired. He flat out lost that game against Indiana. No one else but him.

We were wrong. Whether we got bad info or not isn't up for debate. We did. Others had good info...and although I can say I believe he wasn't leaving until he pulled that stunt on Saturday..fact is, he is gone. And that is probably for the best. Let's quit comparing every move somebody makes with "well Mike would've done it better"...we don't know that...he probably wouldn't because he isn't here anymore. I love Mike Anderson. He isn't my coach anymore. Tip your hat to the guys that were getting better info than us and let's get ready for a new coach.

PRJ

--- End quote ---
bro itís not that emotional, Arkansas Basketball is what I love, but just because I still back MA doesnít mean I wonít love the next coach

Letsroll1200:

--- Quote from: SONofHAM on March 27, 2019, 03:43:01 pm ---I look forward to the mods getting fed up with your "Mike and only Mike" mantra.

--- End quote ---

I look forward to the next basketball coach at Arkansas. None of my post are insulting or degrading to anyone on this board. If pointing out that Arkansas is in line to lose players to transfer is offensive to you and the Mods, grow some tough skin.

hoglady:

--- Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 27, 2019, 03:51:59 pm ---Dude...love your passion. Love that you think the world of Mike Anderson. I also think the world of Mike Anderson. But what Mike pulled last Saturday, he deserved fired. He flat out lost that game against Indiana. No one else but him.

PRJ

--- End quote ---

Great post - PRJ.

Pork-n-Boots:
Just heard Bama hired Buffalo Coach Nate Oats. Don't know anything about him. As far as the Hogs are concerned, the new coach can always talk a player from withdrawing from the portal. Kids get worried when they don't know who the coach will be. I'm sure it won't be as bad as many think.

RyanMallettsEgo:

--- Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 27, 2019, 03:59:15 pm ---I look forward to the next basketball coach at Arkansas. None of my post are insulting or degrading to anyone on this board. If pointing out that Arkansas is in line to lose players to transfer is offensive to you and the Mods, grow some tough skin.

--- End quote ---

Pretty sure Mike averaged about 2 players transferring out per year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View