RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

A National Championship, Final Four or Multiple Deep Runs Within Five Years

(1/3) > >>

FineAsSwine:
That's the standard now if Yuracheck is going to pay double for our next coach. He has upped the ante and four or five million a year as it is being rumored on here for CMA's replacement makes it a reasonable expectation for the new coach to come in and knock Kentucky flat on its back seize the keys to the conference and start cutting down some nets in the NCAA's in relatively short order.

Plus, Yuracheck said he expects conference and national championships in ALL sports. Chad, the clock is ticking double time....

jst01:
Youíre so butthurt and petty. It makes me smile knowing you MA followers are hurting so much.

riccoar:
TRASH CAN.  Don't need this stirring the pot kinda crap on here.

Smithian:

--- Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 27, 2019, 06:50:06 am ---That's the standard now if Yuracheck is going to pay double for our next coach. He has upped the ante and four or five million a year as it is being rumored on here for CMA's replacement makes it a reasonable expectation for the new coach to come in and knock Kentucky flat on its back seize the keys to the conference and start cutting down some nets in the NCAA's in relatively short order.

Plus, Yuracheck said he expects conference and national championships in ALL sports. Chad, the clock is ticking double time....



--- End quote ---
I think Anderson should have been given one more season and even I think this type of expectation is dumb.

Anderson era is done. No point rehashing decision. Let's be realistic with our new coach and do everything we can to support the program to victory, not place unreachable goals and snipe when they don't happen.

parallaxpig:

--- Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 27, 2019, 06:50:06 am ---That's the standard now if Yuracheck is going to pay double for our next coach. He has upped the ante and four or five million a year as it is being rumored on here for CMA's replacement makes it a reasonable expectation for the new coach to come in and knock Kentucky flat on its back seize the keys to the conference and start cutting down some nets in the NCAA's in relatively short order.

Plus, Yuracheck said he expects conference and national championships in ALL sports. Chad, the clock is ticking double time....

--- End quote ---

My question to you would be what should $2 mill a year bought us? Certainly more than we received.

greenEGnHAWGS:

--- Quote from: jst01 on March 27, 2019, 06:54:59 am ---Youíre so butthurt and petty. It makes me smile knowing you MA followers are hurting so much.

--- End quote ---

While the OP is far right on his stance, you are far left on yours...and youíre BOTH handling this without class or tact. I donít expect everyone to be mindful of sound judgement, but it deserves to be called out when the ďpot meets kettleĒ.

Also, it makes you smile to see people hurt? You must have some wonderful relationships.

RyanMallettsEgo:

--- Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 27, 2019, 06:50:06 am ---That's the standard now if Yuracheck is going to pay double for our next coach. He has upped the ante and four or five million a year as it is being rumored on here for CMA's replacement makes it a reasonable expectation for the new coach to come in and knock Kentucky flat on its back seize the keys to the conference and start cutting down some nets in the NCAA's in relatively short order.

Plus, Yuracheck said he expects conference and national championships in ALL sports. Chad, the clock is ticking double time....

--- End quote ---

Kinda funny the second hashtag in your sig line is #stopholdinggrudges

BannerMountainMan:
2 mil= regular tourney action-which didnít happen, 4 mil= regular sweet sixteen.

ifghog:

--- Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 27, 2019, 07:20:44 am ---2 mil= regular tourney action-which didnít happen, 4 mil= regular sweet sixteen.

--- End quote ---
I fully agree with this

Arthur pigby sellers.:
Unless you are actively paying the $4 million, you should just be happy the UA is willing to dish out the kind of money to make us a national player again.

Rome26:

--- Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 27, 2019, 07:20:44 am ---2 mil= regular tourney action-which didnít happen, 4 mil= regular sweet sixteen.

--- End quote ---

Our fans wouldn't have been satisfied with mike getting to the tourney regularly. They wanted Mike fired because he didn't make deep runs in the tournament. Paying a coach 4 million should have elite 8 and final four expectations. Not the same expectations that was put on a guy making 2.5 million.

hobhog:
That is the goal. Always should be.

FineAsSwine:

--- Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on March 27, 2019, 07:28:35 am ---Unless you are actively paying the $4 million, you should just be happy the UA is willing to dish out the kind of money to make us a national player again.

--- End quote ---

I'm quite excited actually. Pay the big bucks to get a top 5 coach. Take the ethical handcuffs off too so we can get better in the recruiting game. I don't care how we win. Just do it.

BannerMountainMan:
If we pay 4 million, our HC will be making more than Roy Williams, and shoot from 39th highest paying coach to 5th.

Deep Shoat:
Y'all are ridiculous.

Our expectations should be the same no matter how much we are paying.

Be competitive with the top programs consistently, top 3 in conference regularly, NCAAT regularly, 2nd weekend AT LEAST 1/3 of the time.

If we begin to play at that level again, the rest will take care of itself.

GroŖer Kriegschwein:

--- Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 27, 2019, 08:19:59 am ---I'm quite excited actually. Pay the big bucks to get a top 5 coach. Take the ethical handcuffs off too so we can get better in the recruiting game. I don't care how we win. Just do it.

--- End quote ---

An established coach is what we should be hiring.

If he is well established and young, more better.

We havenít been able to exorcise the ghost of Nolan since heís been fired. Hopefully we finally do. Nothing against Nolan, I respect the man as an innovator during the era when his style of basketball was possible. It just isnít anymore.

WilsonHog:
Would the results have been better if we had paid Mike $4 million a year?

FineAsSwine:

--- Quote from: hobhog on March 27, 2019, 08:18:19 am ---That is the goal. Always should be.

--- End quote ---

Well the table is well set. Best overall group of returning sophomore and freshman guards we have had in years. Coach just needs 1 year to get his bigs in here unless he can bring a solid grad this spring in which case we should be back in the tourney this year.

Deep Shoat:

--- Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2019, 08:24:36 am ---Would the results have been better if we had paid Mike $4 million a year?

--- End quote ---
Right?

It's not about money.  It's about setting a consistent standard and holding the coach to it.  If he hasn't reached it in 5 years, fire his arse.

FineAsSwine:

--- Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2019, 08:24:36 am ---Would the results have been better if we had paid Mike $4 million a year?

--- End quote ---

Coach Anderson would have had better results for only 2.4 million a year if he had gotten down and dirty to get Monk and Perry. Kept his and the UA's name out of the FBI probe but it also kept him from winning at a high enough level to keep his job. Everything, even ethics, has it's price.

FineAsSwine:

--- Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 27, 2019, 08:27:40 am ---Right?

It's not about money.  It's about setting a consistent standard and holding the coach to it.  If he hasn't reached it in 5 years, fire his arse.

--- End quote ---

I'm cool with higher standards and I want to see us get there by hook or by crook. I'm tired of losing recruits who "loved us like family" and then get spirited away at the stroke of midnight. These deals need to get closed at market rate.

Atlhogfan1:
Salary is relative to what we have to pay in the market to get the coach we want.

I'm excited we have expectations again.  Listening and reading outsider comments last night, more than 1 said Arkansas basketball should always be in the top 25, NCAAT and a threat to advance deep in it.  We should give the new coach a little time to get their players and try and establish their program but expectations shouldn't be held conservative from that point. 

Rome26:

--- Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 27, 2019, 08:22:12 am ---Y'all are ridiculous.

Our expectations should be the same no matter how much we are paying.

Be competitive with the top programs consistently, top 3 in conference regularly, NCAAT regularly, 2nd weekend AT LEAST 1/3 of the time.

If we begin to play at that level again, the rest will take care of itself.

--- End quote ---


No, we should all WANT the same thing. Not expect the same thing. I wouldn't expect a guy getting paid 2 or 3 million to produce the same as someone getting paid like Coach K but I would still WANT the same results. Higher pay should come with higher expectations.

Deep Shoat:

--- Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 27, 2019, 08:35:33 am ---I'm cool with higher standards and I want to see us get there by hook or by crook. I'm tired of losing recruits who "loved us like family" and then get spirited away at the stroke of midnight. These deals need to get closed at market rate.

--- End quote ---
We don't have to cheat or be mediocre.  We do, however, have to be willing to get into the fray.  Mike wouldn't even speak to the AAU handlers. 

Letsroll1200:
At four million a year, that's elite level top 10 top of program.  Hunter is on the clock and it's win or his butt will be out of a job in 3 years.

BannerMountainMan:
Wow

FineAsSwine:

--- Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2019, 08:24:36 am ---Would the results have been better if we had paid Mike $4 million a year?

--- End quote ---

Might have been enough for Mike to match Mi$$tate$ offer and leave some leftover to cover Mr. Perry's medical treatments at Annie's Fannie's "medical" massage parlor.

Deep Shoat:

--- Quote from: Rome26 on March 27, 2019, 08:39:05 am ---

No, we should all WANT the same thing. Not expect the same thing. I wouldn't expect a guy getting paid 2 or 3 million to produce the same as someone getting paid like Coach K but I would still WANT the same results. Higher pay should come with higher expectations.

--- End quote ---
That's dumb.  Mike was paid well, particularly 8 years ago.  Sure, he's fallen behind the top coaches in salary.  But he fell behind them in results first.  You earn your money in the real world.

Deep Shoat:
This is a beautiful thread, I just realized.

All the Mike over Hogs folks are being drawn here to attempt to set ridiculous standards in the hopes that Yuracheck and the next HC fail.

Thank you for clearly identifying yourselves so I can ignore you.

Letsroll1200:

--- Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 27, 2019, 08:43:00 am ---This is a beautiful thread, I just realized.

All the Mike over Hogs folks are being drawn here to attempt to set ridiculous standards in the hopes that Yuracheck and the next HC fail.

Thank you for clearly identifying yourselves so I can ignore you.

--- End quote ---

Yuracheck made the standard! He'll have to live up to it.

FineAsSwine:

--- Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 27, 2019, 08:43:00 am ---This is a beautiful thread, I just realized.

All the Mike over Hogs folks are being drawn here to attempt to set ridiculous standards in the hopes that Yuracheck and the next HC fail.

Thank you for clearly identifying yourselves so I can ignore you.

--- End quote ---

Please identify the ridiculous standard. CMA has been rightly criticized for not making deep tournament runs. As has been stated on here many times, we should be competing for championships and be a top 10 program. Hunter Yurachek said as much in his statement and I agree, especially if we pay a coach 4 or 5 million a year.

Rome26:

--- Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2019, 08:24:36 am ---Would the results have been better if we had paid Mike $4 million a year?

--- End quote ---

That would depend on whether or not Mike used the extra money to buy players or keep players from transferring.

WilsonHog:
I am going to treat our new coach the same way I treat all of our other new head coaches. I'm going to give him 2-3 years to get his players in here and establish a foundation to build on before I judge too much. I'll give him five years before I criticize to the point of wanting a new coach.

I did that with Petrino and Bielema, and I am doing it for Chad, in football.

I did it with Heath, Pel, and Mike in basketball, and I will do it for our new coach.

Money does not factor into it for me.

Kevin:
chance to make a sweet 16 run in five years, that is doable. multiple deep runs within five year, no way. in 8 years, yes

riccoar:

--- Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 27, 2019, 08:43:00 am ---This is a beautiful thread, I just realized.

All the Mike over Hogs folks are being drawn here to attempt to set ridiculous standards in the hopes that Yuracheck and the next HC fail.

Thank you for clearly identifying yourselves so I can ignore you.

--- End quote ---
That angle was another attempt at racial divide, not really about the standards.  It's why it needs to be File 13.

Deep Shoat:

--- Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2019, 08:51:17 am ---I am going to treat our new coach the same way I treat all of our other new head coaches. I'm going to give him 2-3 years to get his players in here and establish a foundation to build on before I judge too much. I'll give him five years before I criticize to the point of wanting a new coach.

I did that with Petrino and Bielema, and I am doing it for Chad, in football.

I did it with Heath, Pel, and Mike in basketball, and I will do it for our new coach.

Money does not factor into it for me.

--- End quote ---
You and I are in 100% lockstep here.

FineAsSwine:

--- Quote from: riccoar on March 27, 2019, 08:52:16 am ---That angle was another attempt at racial divide, not really about the standards.  It's why it needs to be File 13.

--- End quote ---

You forgot to add that this is just your opinion with no factual support.

BannerMountainMan:
Only 4 potential hall of fam coaches are making 4 million, so if we give our coach 4 mil and you are going to give him 5 years to make the sweet sixteen???

010HogFan:

--- Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 27, 2019, 08:39:35 am ---At four million a year, that's elite level top 10 top of program.  Hunter is on the clock and it's win or his butt will be out of a job in 3 years.

--- End quote ---

Doubt that.

Kevin:

--- Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 27, 2019, 08:59:05 am ---Only 4 potential hall of fam coaches are making 4 million, so if we give our coach 4 mil and you are going to give him 5 years to make the sweet sixteen???

--- End quote ---

funny, you were willing a give a guy making 3 million a lifetime to try to achieve it.

The_Iceman:
Consistent NCAA appearances, make the Top 25 frequently, and make a Sweet 16 run once every 4 years.

Too much to ask?

riccoar:

--- Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 27, 2019, 08:56:30 am ---You forgot to add that this is just your opinion with no factual support.

--- End quote ---
You forget I post in other forums that you do and I know your schtik.  That's why you threw the cute Chad quip in there.  Mike Anderson is a class A stand up guy.  He was not the answer at Arkansas and received ample time to prove that.  He didn't get fired, or treated any differently, for any other motive than the fact he sucked at his job.

Letsroll1200:

--- Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2019, 08:51:17 am ---I am going to treat our new coach the same way I treat all of our other new head coaches. I'm going to give him 2-3 years to get his players in here and establish a foundation to build on before I judge too much. I'll give him five years before I criticize to the point of wanting a new coach.

I did that with Petrino and Bielema, and I am doing it for Chad, in football.

I did it with Heath, Pel, and Mike in basketball, and I will do it for our new coach.

Money does not factor into it for me.

--- End quote ---

When I go to restaurant and spend more, I expect the service to be a lot better than the local McDonald's. Money Matters!

Mr. Porkleone:
Mike lost something in recruiting. When I read a current player saying thanks for taking me when no one would tells me something. This staff just did t have it.

FineAsSwine:

--- Quote from: riccoar on March 27, 2019, 09:02:40 am ---You forget I post in other forums that you do and I know your schtik.  That's why you threw the cute Chad quip in there.  Mike Anderson is a class A stand up guy.  He was not the answer at Arkansas and received ample time to prove that.  He didn't get fired, or treated any differently, for any other motive than the fact he sucked at his job.

--- End quote ---

You opening comment isn't worth refuting but I will leave you with something I posted in another thread:

I'm good with it too. I'll be at games next season doing my part to sell out the Bud just like I was when CMA was here. I wonder if Yurachek is really serious though when he includes football in the "competing for championships on an annual basis" equation. He may be the best AD in our history, if he gets this right (football and basketball), or he may end up being the worst if this doesn't work out.

hobhog:

--- Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 27, 2019, 08:59:05 am ---Only 4 potential hall of fam coaches are making 4 million, so if we give our coach 4 mil and you are going to give him 5 years to make the sweet sixteen???

--- End quote ---

Can you at least wait for the hire before you start tearing him down?

Being very hypocritical.

FineAsSwine:

--- Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on March 27, 2019, 09:08:56 am ---Mike lost something in recruiting. When I read a current player saying thanks for taking me when no one would tells me something. This staff just did t have it.

--- End quote ---

Dude did your anti-Mike bluster blind you to the fact that the "current player" was Mason Jones, a potential All SEC guard? Unbelievable.

Rome26:

--- Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 27, 2019, 08:41:01 am ---That's dumb.  Mike was paid well, particularly 8 years ago.  Sure, he's fallen behind the top coaches in salary.  But he fell behind them in results first.  You earn your money in the real world.

--- End quote ---

The results were solid for someone doing it the right way. Only an elite coach could win at the level we want(with integrity) in today's game. I will be happy with a guy like Beard or Sampson because I think they are ELITE coaches. Just feel bad for Mike because I think his INTEGRITY(not his ability to coach) cost him his job.

010HogFan:

--- Quote from: Rome26 on March 27, 2019, 09:15:09 am ---The results were solid for someone doing it the right way. Only an elite coach could win at the level we want(with integrity) in today's game. I will be happy with a guy like Beard or Sampson because I think they are ELITE coaches. Just feel bad for Mike because I think his INTEGRITY(not his ability to coach) cost him his job.

--- End quote ---

Nah he couldn't coach either. I still go back to people I trust telling me they've been in his locker room and he didn't do any coaching, just let guys play how they wanted to with some loose restrictions/guidelines. Makes a lot of sense when you watched them play up one game and down the next.

hawgon:

--- Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 27, 2019, 08:47:07 am ---Please identify the ridiculous standard. CMA has been rightly criticized for not making deep tournament runs. As has been stated on here many times, we should be competing for championships and be a top 10 program. Hunter Yurachek said as much in his statement and I agree, especially if we pay a coach 4 or 5 million a year.

--- End quote ---

Nope, CMA has been criticized for NOT MAKING THE TORUNAMENT AT ALL. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View