• 10,232,087 Posts
• 406,785 Topics
• 23,290 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kelvin Sampson about to start  (Read 2373 times)

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
Re: Kelvin Sampson about to start
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2019, 12:33:00 am »

I don't remember Bud having hired Nolan. That is the case with Houston.

Itís not about hiring. Itís about the money.

King Kong

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2019, 06:46:28 am »

I get sick of hearing about tournament records. Musselman has also been a first round loser twice in 3 tries with basically the same team. That just tells me what we all should already know, the matchup you draw is the most important thing in a tournament environment.

Mark Fox won 74% of his games at Nevada. Musselman is marginally better and won 24 games his first season at Nevada. He hasn't rebuilt anything.

You do realize Musselman didnít take over after Mark Fox right? That Nevada went back to being Nevada at 98-97 the 5 years after Mark Fox left?

Musselman took over a losing program and to say postseason records donít matter is ridiculous.

But since you are so emotional about this topic I guess you wonít explain your reasons for Oats and not McMahon

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hoggish1

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2019, 09:07:27 am »

I don't expect any changes to happen, but if Sampson's season ends tonight it might bring things to a head faster.

From my vantage point, Samson would be the answer.  Let him go all the way as far as I'm concerned.  Then make the deal and pay him what it takes.  I want someone who can recruit AND coach.

It doesn't take a genius to see that the SEC is not a place where you mess around doing the same thing and expect different results.  Four teams in the Sweet Sixteen should be proof of that.

Hoggish1

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2019, 09:11:29 am »

If Buzz's team holds out this last 3 minutes, you would have Beard, Buzz, and Kelvin all in the Sweet 16, which could end up pricing all 3 out.

Nonsense

Hoggish1

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2019, 09:13:09 am »

It's an interesting position as a fan. One the one hand you want that team to win as an accomplishment for your potential coach. On the other hand it does drive up the price (you hope not too high).

And why would we care about price?  The next move will be a money making transaction.  You spend money to make MORE money. 

Hoggish1

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2019, 09:14:27 am »

Sampson works for a billionaire. Not so sure he can be bought by us.

Not to mention the guy is 64 with a checkered past. A lot of fans aren't desperate enough to skim the gutter to win in basketball.

The key word is past.  What's past, is past.

Hoggish1

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2019, 09:15:59 am »

Announcers mentioning Sampson in the conversation for National COY.  The further they advance the slimmer the odds of seeing him as an option for the Hogs, IMO.

Keep thinking small.  That's how we got in our current dilemma and the ones immediately before the current on, after Nolan.

Hoggish1

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2019, 09:17:05 am »

Almost no chance he would come here anyway.

Give a reason.  A statement like that begs for an explanation...

Hoggish1

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2019, 09:18:32 am »

One of our biggest problems as a program is the constant refrain that no highly-thought of coach would come here.

This poster gets it ;)

Hoggish1

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2019, 09:20:24 am »

Why would he want to come to the Hogs? Just curious.

Because the SEC is the next big thing.  Four in the round of 16 kinda proves that.

Hoggish1

« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2019, 09:22:43 am »

Dumb.

Look at what the fake investigation and penalties did to us under Nolan. We are not a program in any sport that handle setbacks like that.

We have never hired a blatant cheater here. I doubt that start by hiring a senior citizen cheater.

LOL  /  Two things:  We have a real one running the country and 2. 63 is hardly that old.

Hoggish1

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2019, 09:23:36 am »

Geez, wouldnít want to face those penalties again. We might be an irrelevant basketball program

Right, because we are so relevant now.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas