• 10,269,369 Posts
• 407,537 Topics
• 23,310 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UAB may be a very difficult game.  (Read 601 times)

logic

UAB may be a very difficult game.
« on: March 23, 2019, 01:58:05 am »

UAB has a 6'4" player and another this is 6'2" so no doubt they should have a height advantage. Also, UAB has 4 players shooting 3's at rates of 37% to 43% so somehow we must guard them too.

LadybackBBFan

Re: UAB may be a very difficult game.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 08:21:18 am »

UAB has a 6'4" player and another this is 6'2" so no doubt they should have a height advantage. Also, UAB has 4 players shooting 3's at rates of 37% to 43% so somehow we must guard them too.
Yes, it may be a difficult game as they lost to Tennessee in overtime.  But no to their height.  The 6'4" girl does not appear to be a problem as she has only played an average of 4 minutes per game and played in 18 games.  The 6'2" girl does play in most games and averages 22 minutes per game but is not a scorer (4.4 pts per game) but is their top rebounder @ 5.4 per game even though she is listed as a guard.  They have four scorers averaging in double figurers from 14.0 to 11.2 so they are balanced.  They go 5'5", 5'10", 5'9" & 6'.  They use 7 players mostly and the fifth leading scorer is @ 7.6 points per game and is 6'.   The other player in their top 7 is 6'1" and averages 3.9 pts.  If we play our game, we should win this game, if we play our game - that is one game at a time.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HenduHog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 09:48:52 am »

How did UAB with a 26-6 record miss out on the W-NCAA?

logic

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 10:57:12 am »

Yes, it may be a difficult game as they lost to Tennessee in overtime.  But no to their height.  The 6'4" girl does not appear to be a problem as she has only played an average of 4 minutes per game and played in 18 games.  The 6'2" girl does play in most games and averages 22 minutes per game but is not a scorer (4.4 pts per game) but is their top rebounder @ 5.4 per game even though she is listed as a guard.  They have four scorers averaging in double figurers from 14.0 to 11.2 so they are balanced.  They go 5'5", 5'10", 5'9" & 6'.  They use 7 players mostly and the fifth leading scorer is @ 7.6 points per game and is 6'.   The other player in their top 7 is 6'1" and averages 3.9 pts.  If we play our game, we should win this game, if we play our game - that is one game at a time.
I'm happy to read that their 6'4" player doesn't play much which implies UAB doesn't have the  size advantage that I though they would.  Therefore, if our players can prevent UAB for scorching us from beyond the arc, I feel good about our chances of winning. I just hope we are not too tired after such a difficult game with Houston.

LadybackBBFan

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 12:27:23 pm »

How did UAB with a 26-6 record miss out on the W-NCAA?
Weak schedule - no significant wins and did not win their tournaments post season tournament.

razorbackfan32

• Walk-On
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 06:04:48 pm »

I'm happy to read that their 6'4" player doesn't play much which implies UAB doesn't have the  size advantage that I though they would.  Therefore, if our players can prevent UAB for scorching us from beyond the arc, I feel good about our chances of winning. I just hope we are not too tired after such a difficult game with Houston.

Letís not forget UAB had a very difficult game with Troy.. I think if Troy can score 89, we should be able to score against UAB as well. However, our defense will need to be much better than it was on Thursday.

Screamster

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 09:22:50 am »

Or maybe not... lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas