• 10,307,948 Posts
• 408,382 Topics
• 23,333 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Preakness question, please chime in with your thoughts?  (Read 292 times)

HogFanInBryant

Preakness question, please chime in with your thoughts?
« on: March 22, 2019, 08:26:01 pm »

With all the instability at Pimlico and with those who own it...would it be too crazy for Oaklawn to try and get the Preakness?  If not Oaklawn...how about Keeneland, Fairgrounds, or another track that does not have similar ownership groups like Pimlico?
Think about it...Oaklawn would push the season 2 weeks later than now and could have the Preakness on closing day.
Yes...I know it is a pipe dream, but...

HogFanInBryant

Re: Preakness question, please chime in with your thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 08:33:54 pm »

I am sure this thread brings a whole new approach to March Madness in horse racing lol...but nobody ever dreamed Oaklawn would have a MSW with a $101k purse lol!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

cram224

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 08:26:23 am »

Preakness before the Ky Derby? That would play hell with the triple crown records.

Torqued pork

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Wait 'til the next life.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 09:33:26 am »

Preakness before the Ky Derby? That would play hell with the triple crown records.

The Preakness would still be run two weeks after the KY. Derby and three weeks before the Belmont Stakes.

HogFanInBryant

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 10:02:01 am »

Right now Oaklawn ends on KY Derby day.  If we added 2 weeks, our last day would be exactly 2 weeks after the KY Derby which would be the day the Preakness is ran.

cram224

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 08:03:38 pm »

Shows you how much I get to keep up with Oaklawn in Ga. I still thought Oaklawn ended Ark Derby day as years past. Hope to be at Oaklawn next weekend. First time in several years.

husker71

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 11:36:43 pm »

Bluesthestandard   greatest Georgia bred of all time and was  47 starts and 19 wins and ran in claiming races at the 1st and end of his career but in between won at least 2 grade 2 races.  What a hard knocker he was
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas