• 10,232,086 Posts
• 406,785 Topics
• 23,290 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Calm before the storm or just calm?  (Read 10001 times)

rhames

Re: Calm before the storm or just calm?
« Reply #200 on: March 23, 2019, 02:33:57 pm »

The naysayers are hurting now that MA has finally crapped the bed.

Yeah....that's it.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #201 on: March 23, 2019, 02:35:00 pm »

Guv...that isn't what I said.

Yes it is. You said Sampson was the guy all along and that no one mentioned Musselman until now. That just isn't true.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

rhames

« Reply #202 on: March 23, 2019, 02:36:01 pm »

Yes it is. You said Sampson was the guy all along and that no one mentioned Musselman until now. That just isn't true.

Guv. Re read what I said homie. I never suggested people hadn't brought up Musselman as a possible replacement.

The people with the info have strongly suggested Sampson. I'm saying its questionable now someone who claims to have info is saying to pay attention to the coach that is conveniently out of the tournament.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #203 on: March 23, 2019, 02:39:00 pm »

Guv. Re read what I said homie. I never suggested people hadn't brought up Musselman as a possible replacement.

He's been more than just brought up, he's been Mentioned right along with Sampson as one of the top possibilities for the job.

rhames

« Reply #204 on: March 23, 2019, 02:41:45 pm »

He's been more than just brought up, he's been Mentioned right along with Sampson as one of the top possibilities for the job.

Good lord lol. You still aren't getting what I'm saying

And yes. He has been brought up. Show me where I said he hasn't.

And no, Smapson has definitely been the most talked about name.

Arkansas Hog in Dallas

« Reply #205 on: March 23, 2019, 02:58:23 pm »

I just think if MA was probably going to return HY would’ve made a statement by now.

checkraiser88

« Reply #206 on: March 23, 2019, 03:00:02 pm »

Not one question all season to MA about his job security. How many did BB take leading into this final game?

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Woo Pig Sooie, brotha!
« Reply #207 on: March 23, 2019, 03:09:47 pm »

I just think if MA was probably going to return HY would’ve made a statement by now.
The end of the season is an hour old. When was he supposed to make a statement?

I don't think any changes will happen, but draw no significance from nothing happening today.

checkraiser88

« Reply #208 on: March 23, 2019, 03:12:33 pm »

The end of the season is an hour old. When was he supposed to make a statement?

I don't think any changes will happen, but draw no significance from nothing happening today.

I just think all the other programs in the sec are much smarter than us at this point if no changes are made.

JOKERHOG

« Reply #209 on: March 23, 2019, 03:13:48 pm »

Not one question all season to MA about his job security. How many did BB take leading into this final game?

BB ran his mouth like a crazy man and never backed any of it up.   He he opened himself up to the questions.

checkraiser88

« Reply #210 on: March 23, 2019, 03:15:46 pm »

BB ran his mouth like a crazy man and never backed any of it up.   He he opened himself up to the questions.

So becuase MA is more politically correct he therefore doesn't deserve job security questions or scheme questions?

AlmaHog2011

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #211 on: March 23, 2019, 03:19:55 pm »

These announcers are gloating at how well Arkansas is going to be next season and how well in touch CMA is with the players. I thought it was going to be a horrible season?

LMAO they don't have a clue what has and is going on here in Arkansas. Could you not tell that they were Indiana fans?

Hawg Red

« Reply #212 on: March 23, 2019, 03:26:16 pm »

Let's get a pulse check now that the season is over. Who thinks a change is happening?

I'm 80% convinced nothing is happening. You could sell me on a 60% chance of an assistant change.

97% nothing is happening with the coaching staff. 50/50 on all of the core players coming back. Chaney, KES and Henderson have big decisions to make. Also, what's all this stuff with Garland? Something else to monitor. With our luck, we will probably lose the 3 players I mentioned and Garland won't be cleared.

Peter Porker

• It's skin deep.
« Reply #213 on: March 23, 2019, 03:27:24 pm »

I'm still confused as to the advantage of having Mike fire his assistants.
What do they think - Anderson is magically going to be able to upgrade while on the hot seat?

Please someone explain to me how this helps or solves anything.

Like firing his assistants will make him a better coach? That's just dumb.

Leadbelly

• Senior
  • Don’t ya think someone oughta reckon with him?
« Reply #214 on: March 23, 2019, 03:42:07 pm »

97% nothing is happening with the coaching staff. 50/50 on all of the core players coming back. Chaney, KES and Henderson have big decisions to make. Also, what's all this stuff with Garland? Something else to monitor. With our luck, we will probably lose the 3 players I mentioned and Garland won't be cleared.
If I were a player with any skills and sense sitting behind #’s 2, 22 and 5. I would transfer the hell out so fast it’d make CMA’s Head spin. You saw next years line up on the floor today to begin the game and lose the game.
Guy’s if CMA is retained, and I see no reason to think anyone on the hill has the nuts to make a change, THAT lineup will play, while more gifted players sit. CMA has continued to do the same dumba$$ chit ALL SEASON! It’s almost as if he’s thumbing his nose and flipping double birds at us as it’s happening.
No one sitting in his seat right now would be doing this! And the press continues to let him get by with this without questioning his rationale when most fans sit in disbelief.
I like Mike, has nothing to do with liking someone, but I can’t say this loud enough; FIRE MIKE ANDERSON!
Wally “big mouth, know nothing” Hall, Steve Sullivan, Bob Holt, Mike Irwin, Trey Biddy, someone, anyone ask Mike to explain his coaching decisions and rational on playing the “Bermuda Triangle “ of 5, 2 and 22!

Rudy Baylor

« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2019, 03:50:11 pm »

Kelvin Sampson will be 64 years old in October

He's going to surf the big wave he's built in Houston now - why would a man that age need to parlay his work into taking on the Arkansas mess?

The Arkansas mess is a job for a young guy

ShadowHawg

« Reply #216 on: March 23, 2019, 04:08:33 pm »

So becuase MA is more politically correct he therefore doesn't deserve job security questions or scheme questions?

This is what makes me believe he is coming back. There have been zero job security questions. Nearly every coach that has been fired either the coach or the AD have fielded such questions.

Makes me think the issue is believed to have been settled.

JOKERHOG

« Reply #217 on: March 23, 2019, 04:14:38 pm »

Not what I said

Porked Tongue

• Global Moderator
  • Varsity
  • Formerly posting as Snout Says
« Reply #218 on: March 23, 2019, 04:21:32 pm »

Kelvin Sampson will be 64 years old in October
You cared enough to know it's October? 

Odd.

Rudy Baylor

« Reply #219 on: March 23, 2019, 04:23:07 pm »

You cared enough to know it's October? 

Odd.

Yes

Porked Tongue

• Global Moderator
  • Varsity
« Reply #220 on: March 23, 2019, 04:24:41 pm »

Yes

Off the top of your head do you know:

Do you know Mike's?
Nolan's?
Mine?
Lanny's?
Yours?

Rudy Baylor

« Reply #221 on: March 23, 2019, 04:26:39 pm »

Off the top of your head do you know:

Do you know Mike's?
Nolan's?
Mine?
Lanny's?
Yours?

No

hoglady

« Reply #222 on: March 23, 2019, 04:31:08 pm »

He walks it like he's not planning to go but what else is he going to say at that moment?

Anderson said following the game he likes what he has with this team at the moment and sounded optimistic for the days ahead. The next step is adding some key pieces in the coming weeks, he said.

"I think we've got a chance to have a great offseason, get prepared and get ready to take it up another notch," Anderson added.

-----AR Dem Gaz article

At some point, someone ask him a question as to his future.

See - that's one of Anderson's main problems.
He's only known for a full year that Gafford wouldn't be back - yet here we are.
Hoping beyond hope we can find a decent replacement that can play immediately.

ShadowHawg

« Reply #223 on: March 23, 2019, 04:54:07 pm »

He's only known for a full year that Gafford wouldn't be back - yet here we are.

Did you watch the last couple of games? We don't have to replace Gafford. We just need a big that can push, shove, and rebound some.

This team proved the last couple of games that they don't need another big man to play good d, block/alter shots, but could use some rebound help.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #224 on: March 23, 2019, 04:59:11 pm »

Did you watch the last couple of games? We don't have to replace Gafford. We just need a big that can push, shove, and rebound some.

This team proved the last couple of games that they don't need another big man to play good d, block/alter shots, but could use some rebound help.

Seriously?? Indiana dominated the lane today. Arkansas had NO inside game whatsoever. I said it several times and I'll say it again: If the tallest player on the court for Arkansas next season is only 6'8", the Hogs will get killed in the lane.

Otis

• Varsity
« Reply #225 on: March 23, 2019, 05:05:40 pm »

Yes, our 1-1 record against 2 .500 teams proved that. Next year we should be able to split against decent teams too.soo excited. Can’t wait.

Occams Razorback

• Bench Warmer
  • Pluralitas non est ponenda swine necessitate
« Reply #226 on: March 23, 2019, 11:09:26 pm »

How are the facilities at Liberty and Wofford?

What ruined Arkansas basketball was the manner in which Nolan left and the accusations surrounding his departure. No one was going to succeed in that aftermath.

Mike has allowed Razorback basketball to heal - and I'm grateful. We're healthy, but not thriving. The fix is winning relevant games. Short of an NIT championship, the Hogs will not have a bankable win during Mike's tenure.

I'm not holding my breath. And that's the problem... Razorback fans have no expectations. This must change.

Good post sir

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #227 on: March 23, 2019, 11:12:07 pm »

The staff should be catching hell for not having a replacement for Gafford signed.  They got scholarships tied up in dead weight. 

razorback1829

• Hogvillian
« Reply #228 on: March 24, 2019, 12:02:53 am »

I want guys in the mold of the Auburn “bigs”. Block and contest shots, aggressive rebounders, and can step out and hurt you from three.

Sivad

« Reply #229 on: March 24, 2019, 12:37:08 am »

What ruined Arkansas basketball was the manner in which Nolan left and the accusations surrounding his departure. No one was going to succeed in that aftermath.
He caused lasting damage.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #230 on: March 24, 2019, 12:41:23 am »

He caused lasting damage.

Let’s name the court after him!

Wooderson

« Reply #231 on: March 24, 2019, 09:22:06 am »

We're going to.  And every time you step into that arena you are going to see that name on the floor.  I hope it causes your blood pressure to spike.  It will be Nolan Richardson Court.

Hogmatic

« Reply #232 on: March 24, 2019, 09:41:32 am »

Uh huh and why didn't he use Ibby Ali's schollie on a JUCO big?   He is picking from last second scraps now so how could it have been any worse last year? 

TheRazorbackGuy

• Nostalgia basketball is over
« Reply #233 on: March 24, 2019, 10:41:57 am »

It sure didn't take this guy long to get to the sweet sixteen 
Auburn was the worst program in the SEC when he took over!
Fire Mike Anderson!

BroyledNutts

« Reply #234 on: March 24, 2019, 10:55:01 am »

He walks it like he's not planning to go but what else is he going to say at that moment?

Anderson said following the game he likes what he has with this team at the moment and sounded optimistic for the days ahead. The next step is adding some key pieces in the coming weeks, he said.

"I think we've got a chance to have a great offseason, get prepared and get ready to take it up another notch," Anderson added.

-----AR Dem Gaz article

At some point, someone ask him a question as to his future.

I'd be willing to bet my morning Jack Daniels and Ensure that someone could go back to end of the season quotes made by Mike, for at least the last 5 years, and find an almost verbatim quote every year.

Same as it ever was. Same as it ever will be.

ArkansasI

« Reply #235 on: March 24, 2019, 11:03:52 am »

We should have named the court after Nolan years ago, and have dedicated halls to Nolan and Eddie in the arena. Nolan's space should highlight the fact that he was the first African-American coach in our conferences (SWC and SEC), the first to do "X" and "Y", etc.

The man is an amazing story intertwined with the University of Arkansas. I know we shared a horrible break-up, but telling the story would have promoted healing.

We are the University of Arkansas and must stay above the fray of our employees and public opinion. Jeff Long should have figured this out immediately. I hope HY is smarter.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #236 on: March 24, 2019, 11:22:54 am »

We're going to.  And every time you step into that arena you are going to see that name on the floor.  I hope it causes your blood pressure to spike.  It will be Nolan Richardson Court.
Nah. I don’t need the court to remind me of the legacy. 

hobhog

« Reply #237 on: March 24, 2019, 11:25:36 am »

These announcers are gloating at how well Arkansas is going to be next season and how well in touch CMA is with the players. I thought it was going to be a horrible season?

Well I'll be darned. So did they say how far we were going in the tournament and what seed we will be? I'm fired up!!!

hobhog

« Reply #238 on: March 24, 2019, 11:30:36 am »

This is what makes me believe he is coming back. There have been zero job security questions. Nearly every coach that has been fired either the coach or the AD have fielded such questions.

Makes me think the issue is believed to have been settled.

Those questions are being asked everywhere around the state. Gafford was asked about MA last week. You're head is in the sand if you dont think it's out there. And if he comes back it will stay out there all spring, summer, and fall. Going to be a blast.

Porked Tongue

• Global Moderator
  • Varsity
« Reply #239 on: March 25, 2019, 02:17:07 pm »

I advise keeping both hands and feet inside until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  FYI, the ride hasnt stopped.

The Kid

« Reply #240 on: March 25, 2019, 06:26:57 pm »

I'd be willing to bet my morning Jack Daniels and Ensure that someone could go back to end of the season quotes made by Mike, for at least the last 5 years, and find an almost verbatim quote every year.

Same as it ever was. Same as it ever will be.

BroyledNutts

« Reply #241 on: March 25, 2019, 06:55:23 pm »

Hey Kid ....

I had to watch it.

sielwolf099

• Varsity
« Reply #242 on: March 25, 2019, 07:28:58 pm »

Yeah, no sense of urgency re: recruiting. None at all. Left sorting thru Spring leftovers for Gafford's replacement.

sielwolf099

• Varsity
« Reply #243 on: March 25, 2019, 08:58:56 pm »

Your basing this off TWO whole games, of which Hogs went 1 and 1? Your way underestimating Big Dan's importance to the team the last two seasons. Hogs don't win half the number of games they did the past two seasons without him.

hoglady

« Reply #244 on: March 26, 2019, 12:10:04 pm »

If I were a player with any skills and sense sitting behind #’s 2, 22 and 5. I would transfer the hell out so fast it’d make CMA’s Head spin. You saw next years line up on the floor today to begin the game and lose the game.
Guy’s if CMA is retained, and I see no reason to think anyone on the hill has the nuts to make a change, THAT lineup will play, while more gifted players sit. CMA has continued to do the same dumba$$ chit ALL SEASON! It’s almost as if he’s thumbing his nose and flipping double birds at us as it’s happening.
No one sitting in his seat right now would be doing this! And the press continues to let him get by with this without questioning his rationale when most fans sit in disbelief.
I like Mike, has nothing to do with liking someone, but I can’t say this loud enough; FIRE MIKE ANDERSON!
Wally “big mouth, know nothing” Hall, Steve Sullivan, Bob Holt, Mike Irwin, Trey Biddy, someone, anyone ask Mike to explain his coaching decisions and rational on playing the “Bermuda Triangle “ of 5, 2 and 22!

Oh that's clever.
"The Bermuda Triangle of 5,2 and 22" - good one.

hobhog

« Reply #245 on: March 26, 2019, 12:23:41 pm »

Crickets. Just like it will be in BWA next year if nothing changes. This is getting weird.

rhames

« Reply #246 on: March 26, 2019, 12:26:43 pm »

Crickets. Just like it will be in BWA next year if nothing changes. This is getting weird.

I mean they aren't going to say anything, unless there is something to say.

If the athletic department had to comment on every message board rumor they would be making comments 24/7.

chiti66

• Senior
  • Always humble.....yet never submissive.
« Reply #247 on: March 26, 2019, 12:28:41 pm »

Folks clamoring for Sampson...yeah he wins...and cheats.  If this is what we want, okay then.  SMDH!!!

hobhog

« Reply #248 on: March 26, 2019, 12:28:59 pm »

I mean they aren't going to say anything, unless there is something to say.

If the athletic department had to comment on every message board rumor they would be making comments 24/7.

Message board rumor? It was tweeted by media members. Spoken about on radio. Can't they pick up the phone and ask a question or two?

rhames

« Reply #249 on: March 26, 2019, 12:34:11 pm »

Message board rumor? It was tweeted by media members. Spoken about on radio. Can't they pick up the phone and ask a question or two?

That they had a meeting? That was what was reported, right? What happened in the meeting is a message board rumor from what I can tell, unless you can point me to where its actually being reported that it didn't go well.

If Anderson is still under contract, there is nothing to report lol.

I'm not sure anyone has a direct line to Anderson and I would bet if people in the media thought there was something serious at play, they would have put in a question through the athletic department.

So I'm not sure what kind of investigative journalism you're looking for 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas