• 10,269,384 Posts
• 407,537 Topics
• 23,310 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ethan Henderson  (Read 7832 times)

hobhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: The Real Ethan Henderson Thread
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2019, 05:33:11 pm »

Wish he would played when it mattered, like last week.

Saw a good 5 minutes yesterday.......

Boared Out Of My Mind

• Bench Warmer
Re: Ethan Henderson
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2019, 09:21:13 am »

Flat out ridiculous Mike wasted an entire year of this kid's collegiate career. He should have player more, and if not, RS him. He's certainly better than another guy that plays a LOT of minutes and take a LOT of bad shots... Not playing enough, but at least some to not be able to RS and develop is sooo stupid!! Do not understand Mike at all. I'm glad he got in during the NIT and provided something, but imagine getting that all year long paired with Chaney as another FR getting more minutes and actually getting DEVELOPED. Crazy how that works... MA and his terrible roster management strike again

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Letsroll1200

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
Re: The Real Ethan Henderson Thread
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2019, 09:55:52 am »

Ethan Henderson is who he is. One game he will look like a top player and the next game you will wonder why the Hogs offered him a scholarship. He did this at Parkview and during the AAU season.

Hawg Red

« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2019, 10:05:11 am »

Flat out ridiculous Mike wasted an entire year of this kid's collegiate career. He should have player more, and if not, RS him. He's certainly better than another guy that plays a LOT of minutes and take a LOT of bad shots... Not playing enough, but at least some to not be able to RS and develop is sooo stupid!! Do not understand Mike at all. I'm glad he got in during the NIT and provided something, but imagine getting that all year long paired with Chaney as another FR getting more minutes and actually getting DEVELOPED. Crazy how that works... MA and his terrible roster management strike again

I was a little taken aback once it became clear that Mike was only going to use him in the Trey Thompson victory cigar role. But I still think it's a little different situation than Trey. I still, to this day, think Mike should have redshirted Trey due to the veteran depth on that team. With Ethan, I can see where it wasn't really clear to Mike he definitely shouldn't need Henderson like he wouldn't need Trey. No seniors. One junior. Everyone was young. He already seemingly redshirted Ibby, which is good. But I also think if you aren't going redshirt a guy, you need to use him more than what Mike did with Ethan, but he's trying to win games and I'm not sure Henderson helps him do that during the regular season. So we only ended up seeing Ethan when games were decided until the Providence game. I can see how it played out like that in a way that I just still can't see why Mike didn't redshirt Trey Thompson (he played 37 minutes all season on a very veteran frontcourt team).

Hoggish1

« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2019, 10:21:54 am »

5 minutes dude... literally in an entire season he played 5 minutes....

He didn’t have more to offer than that? Not a single time all year he could help?

I saw him for whatever minutes in the NIT and he merited a lot of playing time that he never got in the regular season. 

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2019, 10:24:30 am »

I was a little taken aback once it became clear that Mike was only going to use him in the Trey Thompson victory cigar role. But I still think it's a little different situation than Trey. I still, to this day, think Mike should have redshirted Trey due to the veteran depth on that team. With Ethan, I can see where it wasn't really clear to Mike he definitely shouldn't need Henderson like he wouldn't need Trey. No seniors. One junior. Everyone was young. He already seemingly redshirted Ibby, which is good. But I also think if you aren't going redshirt a guy, you need to use him more than what Mike did with Ethan, but he's trying to win games and I'm not sure Henderson helps him do that during the regular season. So we only ended up seeing Ethan when games were decided until the Providence game. I can see how it played out like that in a way that I just still can't see why Mike didn't redshirt Trey Thompson (he played 37 minutes all season on a very veteran frontcourt team).
Trey would have really helped this team this year.

Smithian

« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2019, 11:59:54 am »

I think they didn't redshirt Henderson because we needed him. One injury to Gabe, Bailey, Gafford, or Chaney then Henderson would have had to play some regular minutes. I think by not redshirting him they not only could slip him a few minutes but keep him more engaged and paying attention than a redshirt player who probably checks out mentally during shoot arounds and game prep.

Hog are ya

« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2019, 02:44:25 am »

Trey would have really helped this team this year.

Seemed like every game he was on, (or actually behind) the bench, in a suit, so maybe he was helping with something this year?

HVHog

• Varsity
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2019, 11:23:14 am »

If you would’ve listened to the presser of this game you would know. Mike said that some days you say, “Whoa, why isn’t this guy playing, and other days you remember why”

He recruited and signed him and he didn’t know this from his evaluation?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas