• 10,312,419 Posts
• 408,487 Topics
• 23,342 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about tickets/hotels  (Read 739 times)

tkclark

Question about tickets/hotels
« on: March 18, 2019, 10:59:34 am »

Fellow OmaHogs, I am planning to meet a buddy for the Friday and Saturday games of the Misstake series in late April.  I have never attended a game at Baum but watch on tv when they are televised and follow the game thread when I can't watch.  Just figured I need to take some time and enjoy the Hogs/Baum Stadium in person so I am going to take a weekend and fly up from Dallas.

I have the following questions;

1) What is the best way to get tickets and how hard will they be to come by?  Miss State should be an in-demand series as they are having a good year.  I don't mind paying up for better seats.  I need 3 but since it is an odd number if I have to buy four I will.

2) What about hotels?  What's a nicer place to stay?  I will have a car so my hotel doesn't have to be super close to the campus although if there is a nice hotel close by that would be ideal.

Any other suggestions for places to eat or things to do/see are appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help.

In DVH we trust and Go Hogs (and since we have a mid-week against the Shorthorns  ::hornsdown::)

hogdollar

Re: Question about tickets/hotels
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 11:26:34 am »

Fellow OmaHogs, I am planning to meet a buddy for the Friday and Saturday games of the Misstake series in late April.  I have never attended a game at Baum but watch on tv when they are televised and follow the game thread when I can't watch.  Just figured I need to take some time and enjoy the Hogs/Baum Stadium in person so I am going to take a weekend and fly up from Dallas.

I have the following questions;

1) What is the best way to get tickets and how hard will they be to come by?  Miss State should be an in-demand series as they are having a good year.  I don't mind paying up for better seats.  I need 3 but since it is an odd number if I have to buy four I will.

2) What about hotels?  What's a nicer place to stay?  I will have a car so my hotel doesn't have to be super close to the campus although if there is a nice hotel close by that would be ideal.

Any other suggestions for places to eat or things to do/see are appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help.

In DVH we trust and Go Hogs (and since we have a mid-week against the Shorthorns  ::hornsdown::)
Stubhub will probably be your best bet for tickets or outside the stadium. Could end up being a little pricey but the games should be worth it. In regards to hotels we always pay a little more and stay at the Staybridge that's right across the street so we dont have to worry about traffic when leaving and it's pretty close to food options.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

tkclark

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 12:55:05 pm »

Stubhub will probably be your best bet for tickets or outside the stadium. Could end up being a little pricey but the games should be worth it. In regards to hotels we always pay a little more and stay at the Staybridge that's right across the street so we dont have to worry about traffic when leaving and it's pretty close to food options.

Thanks hogdollar.  Per your suggestion, just went on StubHub to check availability.

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 01:11:07 pm »

Stubhub will have tickets or you can probably get some by the cross walk between Baum and the parking lot. Can usually rent a house on Airbnb and be way more comfortable and spend about the same as you would for a decent hotel room.

peakhog

• Hogvillian
  • I have been to the mountain top!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 01:50:31 pm »

If you don’t stay in a walking distance Hotel, be ready to arrive early for parking in the Baum East parking lot. It fills really quick on big weekends. Also, Friday’s game is a Free Shirsy give away. Saturday’s is a Retro Sock give away. Come when gates open if you want one of those!

Razrpig256

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 02:17:53 pm »

If you don’t stay in a walking distance Hotel, be ready to arrive early for parking in the Baum East parking lot. It fills really quick on big weekends. Also, Friday’s game is a Free Shirsy give away. Saturday’s is a Retro Sock give away. Come when gates open if you want one of those!

Don't bother parking there anymore, especially on big conference weekends. Half the lot is reserved now for season ticket holders who bought a parking pass. Park in lot 99 on Beechwood Ave. It is free on weekends and after 5pm during the week.

George S. Pigton

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 04:06:47 pm »

If you could not get into the Staybridge close to the stadium I'd stay at the Chancellor off of the square and Uber to the game
and back.  That way you can walk to Maxine's for a drink or Dickson street for food and drinks.  Check out the Vault for some
hard to find Bourbon's and drinks just off the square as well.

ladybackfan

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 08:20:46 am »

By General admission experience the HogPen for a few innings. Then walk around and find 3 empty seats.  I know several people with good seats that stand up the whole game.  I usually go sit in one of those.  But if you are willing to pay “extra”. I promise you can find tickets. Also look on the ticketvforum on this website.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas