• 10,312,388 Posts
• 408,484 Topics
• 23,342 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7 SEC Teams  (Read 769 times)

Junkyard Hog

7 SEC Teams
« on: March 17, 2019, 05:44:38 pm »

When we first joined the SEC I remember thinking “well the only good team besides us is Kentucky.”

That was probably arrogant at the time....but I was born in the 70s and all I’d ever known was a great Razorback bb program.

Never would I ever imagined a time when 7 teams from the SEC would be getting in the tourney and we weren’t one of them.

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Life as a Politics Mod....
Re: 7 SEC Teams
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 05:52:31 pm »

The SEC has been up and down a few times since we joined;  the nadir was probably at the period where Mississippi State was relevant, and our relevance faded.   The league has also had an influx of above average coaches, and much smarter scheduling the last three seasons;  unfortunately, we haven't timed our better teams with that, and it cost us in seeding with those Qualls/Portis/Kingsley squads.

Its probably the 3rd best or 4th best conference in the country;  when Alabama was humming, and Florida was going but not at peak, there was a lot of enjoyable basketball to tune into;  last year, the league had 8 tournament teams.  Next year, it should be another 7 bid type year, hopefully with Arkansas rejoining the group playing in the postseason.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

ShadowHawg

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 06:18:09 pm »

When we first joined the SEC I remember thinking “well the only good team besides us is Kentucky.”

That was probably arrogant at the time....but I was born in the 70s and all I’d ever known was a great Razorback bb program.

Never would I ever imagined a time when 7 teams from the SEC would be getting in the tourney and we weren’t one of them.

We had been the 3rd WORST program for a decade in the conference before hiring MA.

Gotta keep up with the times and you won't require imagination.

Junkyard Hog

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 06:45:36 pm »

We had been the 3rd WORST program for a decade in the conference before hiring MA.

Gotta keep up with the times and you won't require imagination.

No doubt.

Anderson has us in better shape than we’ve been in since Nolan but it’s a far cry from where we were.

And it’s time to move on from him and try to get back to the 70s through 90s level.

ShadowHawg

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 06:48:54 pm »

No doubt.

Anderson has us in better shape than we’ve been in since Nolan but it’s a far cry from where we were.

And it’s time to move on from him and try to get back to the 70s through 90s level.

We should strive for higher success for sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas