jbcarol:

Aubbie buries big 3 at:10.6

Kevin Whiteís son chose not to foul

jbcarol:

UF 62. AU 64. :7.2

jbcarol:

SEC refs are incorrigible

jbcarol:

--- Quote ---You donít call the foul in that situation.
--- End quote ---

What makes the last second different than the first 39:59?

I donít even like Florida.

jbcarol:

Jared Harper buries a three from C in SEC as Mike White chooses not to foul and trusts his D.

Auburn intentionally fouls on a three point shot.  No call.

Bruce Pearl admits the ref screwed up. Throws Bryce Brown under the bus.

The bus rolls over Brown without leaving a mark.

jbcarol:

--- Quote from: jbcarol on March 16, 2019, 01:56:21 pm ---SEC refs are incorrigible

--- End quote ---

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanWolken/status/1106995128730828800

Others weigh in. H/T Pat Dooley

jbcarol:

Auburn players believe they didnít foul on controversial final play

Would know. Were there.

--- Quote ---Auburn was up by three points as Florida guard Andrew Nembhard raced down the court, looking for a chance at a game-tying 3-pointer.

The Tigers, specifically Bryce Brown, had strict instructions to foul. But that didnít happen early enough, and said he decided to fall back into normal defense.

Then, well, Auburn won on a controversial final play. The result was the end of a 65-62 Auburn win that sent the Tigers into their first SEC Tournament final since 2000.

[Video at link above]

All three Auburn players said they didnít believe a foul occurred on the play. Florida head coach Mike White held a postgame press conference, but only fielded two questions, with none related to the play.

ďI havenít seen it,Ē JíVon McCormick said after the game. When asked if he thought he committed a foul, he added, ďUh, I donít know. They said Bryce fouled him.Ē

ďNah, I donít think I fouled him,Ē Bryce Brown said in a separate media scrum. ďI grabbed the ball. He put the ball into my chest. Thatís how it felt to me.Ē

And then Samir Doughty, the only player that probably didnít foul Nembhard, also said he had little doubt.

ďI didnít see no foul,Ē Doughty said. He was then asked if he saw the replay of the play. ďI donít want to see the replay. I want to see the last shot Jared made. Thatís what I want to see.Ē

The reality is that Auburn did foul Florida. There was heavy contact ó
--- End quote ---

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version