• 10,232,087 Posts
• 406,785 Topics
• 23,290 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tron Folsom (Troy)  (Read 10232 times)

100%Razorback

• Bench Warmer
  • No sources whatsoever
Tron Folsom (Troy)
« on: March 16, 2019, 12:37:34 pm »

Here's a much needed linebacker!

Andrew Hogfan

Re: Tron Folsom (Troy)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 12:50:34 pm »

Are we interested?  We should be.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

100%Razorback

• Bench Warmer
  • No sources whatsoever
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 12:56:25 pm »

I noticed he is liking a lot of Razorback posters on Twitter. Including one of mine.

Hawgphat

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 01:30:07 pm »

Is he gaining size and muscle?  - - He should be.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 02:15:53 pm »

In the new era of fast break football speed, athletic ability, being in the right place is much more important than Physical Size.

I love 215 lb LBs who can run, cover, find the ball and then tackle.  He does not have to knock the guy into the 3rd row as long as he makes the tackle.  He has been recognized by his peers as a very good LB so I would love it if he came here.

If not Tron then maybe we are after someone else but we need one more older LB for depth and competition.

SPEED BABY. 

King Kong

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 02:36:41 pm »

seriously? Otis posted about our interested back in February

http://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=677793.msg11959577#msg11959577

Hog Fan...DOH!

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 03:03:47 pm »

We need warm bodies at LB who actually know how to play football.  Wouldn't you agree?

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 04:16:51 pm »

We had size and muscle all over the field in the Bert Error. "Biggest O Line in football!" I got so sick of hearing that when we couldn't open a hole on 3rd or 4th and short or keep the good teams off of our QB.

Where did all that "size and muscle" get us when opposing players ran right by ours like a Ferrari passing an Olds 98 running on 5 cylinders?

Hawgphat

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 04:38:12 pm »

We had size and muscle all over the field in the Bert Error. "Biggest O Line in football!" I got so sick of hearing that when we couldn't open a hole on 3rd or 4th and short or keep the good teams off of our QB.

Where did all that "size and muscle" get us when opposing players ran right by ours like a Ferrari passing an Olds 98 running on 5 cylinders?

I comprehend the concept that Bielema's "big and slow" troops did not - by and large -  fare well against "big and fast" SEC competition..  Arkansas has also in bygone eras learned to their sorrow that "small and fast" hangs in there fairly well for the FIRST HALF; - - but by the 4th quarter, our small dudes were often gassed and were getting steamrolled.

i believe that I have a legitimate concern that a 200 pound Tron Folsom may not have the staying power to hang in there with the big boys in the SEC.  Based upon reports regarding his possible questionable work ethic, I also wonder whether his current relatively diminutive stature for a player of his position (30 to 40 pounds light) might be due - in part - to his alleged questionable work ethic.

It's not up to me; - - but I'm not in favor of taking a chance on him, based solely upon the measurable visuals.

Catholic High Hog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 05:04:30 pm »

I would argue our best defenses in the last 20 years were the smaller and fast type defenses that we had under Nutt. I would much rather take this guy, then just say ďoh well he may not be big enough to play in the SECĒ get nobody and just give it to a walk-on. The guy also made 13 tackles when Troy beat LSU two years ago.

Amityvillehogger

• Veni, vidi, vici...
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 05:07:53 pm »

I would argue our best defenses in the last 20 years were the smaller and fast type defenses that we had under Nutt. I would much rather take this guy, then just say ďoh well he may not be big enough to play in the SECĒ get nobody and just give it to a walk-on. The guy also made 13 tackles when Troy beat LSU two years ago.

Thereís only a handful of those huge LBís that run like deer and will knock your head off. And they are only going to a handful of schools.

Iím all for getting experienced players that can tackle. Donít care how big they are or arenít.

Catholic High Hog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 05:11:08 pm »

Exactly

UnknownNobody

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 05:16:42 pm »

Thereís only a handful of those huge LBís that run like deer and will knock your head off. And they are only going to a handful of schools.

Iím all for getting experienced players that can tackle. Donít care how big they are or arenít.

True and it also depends on scheme and the scheme you are playing against. Big LB's work well against a traditional Power I where they are
constantly going up against offensive linemen but not so much against modern spread attacks where they can often be required to drop into
coverage.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 05:37:33 pm »

I comprehend the concept that Bielema's "big and slow" troops did not - by and large -  fare well against "big and fast" SEC competition..  Arkansas has also in bygone eras learned to their sorrow that "small and fast" hangs in there fairly well for the FIRST HALF; - - but by the 4th quarter, our small dudes were often gassed and were getting steamrolled.

i believe that I have a legitimate concern that a 200 pound Tron Folsom may not have the staying power to hang in there with the big boys in the SEC.  Based upon reports regarding his possible questionable work ethic, I also wonder whether his current relatively diminutive stature for a player of his position (30 to 40 pounds light) might be due - in part - to his alleged questionable work ethic.

It's not up to me; - - but I'm not in favor of taking a chance on him, based solely upon the measurable visuals.

He's an experienced kid, good enough to make All Conf twice, even if it is the SBC. He isn't going to be playing every defensive snap and I can only assume that if we do offer him and he accepts, he is going to either wind up being a first line starter or a back-up in the rotation that helps provide us with depth. In any case, it is a one year deal and there probably isn't any way it can hurt us and it may actually help us. It isn't like we recruited him and brought him in on a 4 year plan. He would be providing valuable and experienced depth.

diveplayon4thn20

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2019, 06:48:03 pm »

I have seen and been involved a in debates on other threads whether Tron can be a force in the SEC.

Most important question is if he is interested in the Hogs and visa versa? If not, all these other debates and discussions are moot of course.

King Kong

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2019, 07:05:18 pm »

I have seen and been involved a in debates on other threads whether Tron can be a force in the SEC.

Most important question is if he is interested in the Hogs and visa versa? If not, all these other debates and discussions are moot of course.

Both sides have expressed interest

Hawgphat

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2019, 07:09:54 pm »

My bottom line rationale is that I want what is truly best for the Hogs.  If our coaching cadre believes that Folsom can haul the freight in premium fashion, and arrangements are made to convert him to a Hog, then you'll hear no carping out of me.

I simply and truly want what's best for our program.

red_beard_82

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2019, 07:26:48 pm »

He is a 1 to play 1 guy with experience, especially in a league that is heavy spread. We have an extra spot and a huge need for depth at the position. He can add experience and depth immediately. We lose nothing by taking him. It's a win win situation.
Are you really arguing that you'd rather go thru the season with an empty scholarship spot than have an extra LB for depth?
If he had 3 years or maybe even 2 years then I could see that. But he will literally be taking an empty spot.

Hawgphat

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2019, 05:14:25 pm »

He is a 1 to play 1 guy with experience, especially in a league that is heavy spread. We have an extra spot and a huge need for depth at the position. He can add experience and depth immediately. We lose nothing by taking him. It's a win win situation.
Are you really arguing that you'd rather go thru the season with an empty scholarship spot than have an extra LB for depth?
If he had 3 years or maybe even 2 years then I could see that. But he will literally be taking an empty spot.

If Folsom is deemed by our coaches to be ABSOLUTELY THE BEST AVAILABLE CHOICE FOR THAT SOLE REMAINING SPOT AT THIS JUNCTURE, then so be it. I simply hope that our people make a VERY well-considered, astute decision on this score.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2019, 05:47:54 pm »

If Folsom is deemed by our coaches to be ABSOLUTELY THE BEST AVAILABLE CHOICE FOR THAT SOLE REMAINING SPOT AT THIS JUNCTURE, then so be it. I simply hope that our people make a VERY well-considered, astute decision on this score.

You think that at this juncture, that even if they may have other and better choices out there, that they would just choose to go with the lesser of 2 or 3 or 4 other choices that are also interested? I'm pretty certain that if they have other choices that are interested in coming here and those choices fit our scheme, our locker room and they can contribute, they will make the best choice possible and extend an offer. I'm puzzled as to why you would think that they would do anything else?

rzrbk4life

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2019, 06:42:18 pm »

A linebacker with the first name Tron? Hell yea sign him up!

bjeffersonhog

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2019, 06:51:43 pm »

My guess is they wait until other teams finish up with spring ball and see who else decides to enter the portal before pulling the trigger on Tron.  I think he can play in the SEC but the staff is going to want to make sure they get the best available.

Hawgphat

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2019, 10:16:36 pm »

You think that at this juncture, that even if they may have other and better choices out there, that they would just choose to go with the lesser of 2 or 3 or 4 other choices that are also interested? I'm pretty certain that if they have other choices that are interested in coming here and those choices fit our scheme, our locker room and they can contribute, they will make the best choice possible and extend an offer. I'm puzzled as to why you would think that they would do anything else?

I didn't say that I don't expect the coaches to make the right single remaining selection that would be of the greatest, most productive benefit to our program.  I WILL say that neither you, I or the strongest-politicking poster here among us championing Fulsom is in a position to make that determination FOR our coaching staff.

I know zilch about Tron Folsom apart from second hand and third hand scuttlebutt.  It is my current understanding that Folsom is woefully undersized for a LB, - - and more than one report has surfaced alleging that coaches for whom he has played have questioned his work ethic.  It's not MY place to pass judgement on the young man based upon hearsay.  I'm confidant that our coaching staff is well able to decide on Folsom based upon the facts, - - and choose or reject him according to the most pertinent criteria available to them.  That will certainly be kosher for me.

I'm not personally opposed to Tron Folsom; - - I'm simply in favor of acquiring the best-fitting remaining athlete who best meets our single greatest remaining outstanding need.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 10:27:46 pm by Hawgphat »

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2019, 06:00:09 am »

I didn't say that I don't expect the coaches to make the right single remaining selection that would be of the greatest, most productive benefit to our program.  I WILL say that neither you, I or the strongest-politicking poster here among us championing Fulsom is in a position to make that determination FOR our coaching staff.

I know zilch about Tron Folsom apart from second hand and third hand scuttlebutt.  It is my current understanding that Folsom is woefully undersized for a LB, - - and more than one report has surfaced alleging that coaches for whom he has played have questioned his work ethic.  It's not MY place to pass judgement on the young man based upon hearsay.  I'm confidant that our coaching staff is well able to decide on Folsom based upon the facts, - - and choose or reject him according to the most pertinent criteria available to them.  That will certainly be kosher for me.

I'm not personally opposed to Tron Folsom; - - I'm simply in favor of acquiring the best-fitting remaining athlete who best meets our single greatest remaining outstanding need.

I guess you didn't get my point. It wasn't that I want this kid signed and think he is the best. I think if you read that again you'll realize that I was merely saying that I doubt that this coaching staff is going to miss out on signing the very best talent possible, that they want, who also has an interest in coming to Arkansas. All that other "politicking" business isn't even applicable in what I posted. I'm just a fan of being rational. I know very little about this kid but I do trust this staff to evaluate all of the choices available to them and make the best choice for Arkansas, whomever that may wind up being, if anyone at all.

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2019, 10:45:59 am »

Yeah from Feb. 26. The Hogs watched film of him as a staff on Feb. 25. Very solid player.

http://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=677793.0

greenie

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2019, 11:02:33 am »

Looks more like a DB to me, but maybe this picture is old.  Anyway, if the staff wants him, it'd be great to have an LB named Tron...all sorts of nicknames possible.

diveplayon4thn20

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2019, 12:22:28 pm »

So does anyone know how much he actually weighs? Seemed like when he was first discussed on another thread, he was listed at about 213. Since then, he has seemed to have shrunk to 200 lbs or less as the threads got longer. At this rate, he could end up 150lbs before we are through with him.

Hawgphat

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2019, 12:25:50 pm »

I guess you didn't get my point. It wasn't that I want this kid signed and think he is the best. I think if you read that again you'll realize that I was merely saying that I doubt that this coaching staff is going to miss out on signing the very best talent possible, that they want, who also has an interest in coming to Arkansas. All that other "politicking" business isn't even applicable in what I posted. I'm just a fan of being rational. I know very little about this kid but I do trust this staff to evaluate all of the choices available to them and make the best choice for Arkansas, whomever that may wind up being, if anyone at all.

Your point seems to coincide with my point.  IF - - IF - - Folsom is the best available talent, then go after him.  If he's NOT considered to be the best available, then keep beating the bushes.  That's a pretty simple premise.

NoogaHog

• Senior
  • WPS from Southern Appalachia
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2019, 12:52:45 pm »

it'd be great to have an LB named Tron...all sorts of nicknames possible.

Like Megatron's lesser known brother, "Minitron"

or

"LIGHT cycle"

East TN HAWG

• Hogville.net
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2019, 01:07:43 pm »

He reminds me of Anthony Leon.  If he performs similar, I'd take that in a heart beat. 

diveplayon4thn20

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2019, 01:30:27 pm »

Or call his area of the field "  The Folsom Prison Yard".  Ballcarriers don't wanna go to Folsom. Folsom puts him in lockdown. The offense had a hard time at Folsom, Folsom sent him to p.c.,etc, etc..

greenie

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2019, 03:04:46 pm »

Like Megatron's lesser known brother, "Minitron"

or

"LIGHT cycle"

Going from big to small
Gigatron
Megatron
Kilotron
Hectotron
Dekatron
Tron
Decitron
Centitron
Millitron
Microtron
Nanotron

tbhogfan

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2019, 03:09:50 pm »

So does anyone know how much he actually weighs? Seemed like when he was first discussed on another thread, he was listed at about 213. Since then, he has seemed to have shrunk to 200 lbs or less as the threads got longer. At this rate, he could end up 150lbs before we are through with him.

Troy has him listed at 6-2 209.   He was moved from Safety to LB his Soph year.  He had 81 tackles, 8 of which were for loss this year. Over his career, he has 180 tackles and 17 for loss.  You don't get that many tackles without having a good nose for the ball.

247Hog

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2019, 04:09:47 pm »

I played with a guy in high school that was 132 lb safety. Newspaper even did a story about how small he was but still a ball hawk with an insane amount of tackles. I'll take a thin guy that is in on every play versus a muscle man that rarely sees action around the ball.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2019, 04:28:47 pm »

Vic Koenning's (former Troy DC now at WVU) scheme is a 4-3 base multiple defense similar to what Chavis runs. In the Koenning scheme he has a hybrid safety/LBer and I assume Folsom played that role.

Not sure if that translates to what Chavis is looking for.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2019, 05:00:17 pm »

Your point seems to coincide with my point.  IF - - IF - - Folsom is the best available talent, then go after him.  If he's NOT considered to be the best available, then keep beating the bushes.  That's a pretty simple premise.

You seem to really need to feel like you are right. Doesn't matter to me, so doggone it, YOU ARE RIGHT! Now back to picking gnat crap out of pepper.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2019, 05:01:35 pm »

I played with a guy in high school that was 132 lb safety. Newspaper even did a story about how small he was but still a ball hawk with an insane amount of tackles. I'll take a thin guy that is in on every play versus a muscle man that rarely sees action around the ball.

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy... ;)

Hawgphat

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2019, 05:42:09 pm »

You seem to really need to feel like you are right. Doesn't matter to me, so doggone it, YOU ARE RIGHT! Now back to picking gnat crap out of pepper.

You seem to show a marked tendency to want to argue with a sign you've just stuck up yourself.

I didn't contradict you.  I have no basis of knowledge upon which to contradict you.  I just projected my general view.

You're right; - - it doesn't matter.  Over and out.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 09:40:05 pm by Hawgphat »

247Hog

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2019, 05:56:34 pm »

LRhawg926

• Senior
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2019, 09:37:55 am »

Pretty sure he did well when Troy faced LSU and beat them...

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2019, 12:00:50 pm »

Here is how he did vs Nebraska in a 24-19 Troy win in 2018. Scroll down to the bottom for tackle stats..

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=401013337

oldman1015

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2019, 01:02:06 pm »

We need warm bodies at LB who actually know how to play football.  Wouldn't you agree?
Amen

presidenthog

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2019, 08:13:05 pm »

Here is how he did vs Nebraska in a 24-19 Troy win in 2018. Scroll down to the bottom for tackle stats..

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=401013337

Nebraska was as poor as we were for most of the season i believe. So at least this is what he would have done against us. So take from that what you will. I think we need to take him. Just necessity at this point, and he will be good enough to make some plays for us, even as a backup if that is the case. We need depth. He can play. He does not have to be huge as long as he gets a break so he doesnt wear down from laying hits.

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2019, 02:07:43 am »

https://twitter.com/dsleon45/status/1110714892464672768

I guess someone forgot to tell Darius Leonard that you have to be at least 235 to play LB in "Big Boy" football.

Will he get kicked off the NFL 1st team All-Pro team when hogville discovers his weight or lack of it?

Guy led the NFL in tackles as a rookie out of South Carolina STATE U. I guess the Colts didn't get the memo that guys out of places like Troy and SC State can't play..

TrueBlue

• "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2019, 06:55:29 am »

I guess someone forgot to tell Darius Leonard that you have to be at least 235 to play LB in "Big Boy" football.

Will he get kicked off the NFL 1st team All-Pro team when hogville discovers his weight or lack of it?

Guy led the NFL in tackles as a rookie out of South Carolina STATE U. I guess the Colts didn't get the memo that guys out of places like Troy and SC State can't play..

Hogville is on it and has already started the legal proceedings to have him removed from the NFL roster.

We will send everyone the link to sign-off on the petition soon.

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2019, 08:33:55 am »

Hogville is on it and has already started the legal proceedings to have him removed from the NFL roster.

We will send everyone the link to sign-off on the petition soon.
:D

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2019, 05:09:53 pm »

"played a few" seems to be the key phrase there.

Players tend to do a lot more running than lifting during the season, and if you are familiar much with human physiology, a lot of times, that's going to lead to a player losing weight over the course of the season. Talk to any football players and they'll tell you much of the same. Darius Leornard "played a few games" at 218-220, but at the combine weighed 234 and the Colt's official roster (taken well after the combine) listed him at 234 as well. So yeah, he was well into the 230 range which is ample size for a LB. Even the 250 pound behemoths probably end up in the lower 230's by the time the season is finished. Especially if they are younger professionals who haven't learned to maximize their limited working out time or really mastered their diets yet.

At Troy, Tron was listed at 209 on their official roster, which at least for us, is usually made from weights taken in late July. Which means he is probably finishing the season under 200lbs.

Having speed without adequate muscle and strength is great IF your opponents aren't complete players either. However, the problem with chasing an incomplete player is when you go up against an opposing team who does have complete players. Then what? That speed is going to get you to a spot before your opponent because they got there too. Now you are left with trying to either out-technique them which isn't  going to work if they are a half well-coached team, or over power them which isn't going to work when you as a 200lb LB are going against a 260lb TE or a 230 lb RB, of a 300lb OL player.

As for where Tron would fit on our team, we literally have a group of LB's so talented, we moved one of our LB's to nickel CB and he's starting there. Of course, in today's game, nickel is now basically the 4-3 WLB, but he's officially a DB because he's so crazy fast. That essentially leaves the LB 2 deep to just four players. With DeJon Harris, Grant Morgan, Bumper Pool, and Hayden Henry all doing quite well in those spots, it's hard to see who somebody like Tron would beat out for playing time.

Of course, there's always special teams where he could be quite the asset for us. Maybe he too would move to nickel and could rise to be 2nd string nickel. It's only for one year so like somebody else already said, it won't really hurt us much if at all. The potential or reward is certainly greater than the risk. However, with all the departures and injuries, we sorely need some help at OL and RB right now and into the season/foreseeable future. OTOH, we are pretty good at LB. If he's the best player who wants to come here, go for it. However, there's greater potential benefit in other positions IMO.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2019, 06:53:33 pm »

"played a few" seems to be the key phrase there.

Players tend to do a lot more running than lifting during the season, and if you are familiar much with human physiology, a lot of times, that's going to lead to a player losing weight over the course of the season. Talk to any football players and they'll tell you much of the same. Darius Leornard "played a few games" at 218-220, but at the combine weighed 234 and the Colt's official roster (taken well after the combine) listed him at 234 as well. So yeah, he was well into the 230 range which is ample size for a LB. Even the 250 pound behemoths probably end up in the lower 230's by the time the season is finished. Especially if they are younger professionals who haven't learned to maximize their limited working out time or really mastered their diets yet.

At Troy, Tron was listed at 209 on their official roster, which at least for us, is usually made from weights taken in late July. Which means he is probably finishing the season under 200lbs.

Having speed without adequate muscle and strength is great IF your opponents aren't complete players either. However, the problem with chasing an incomplete player is when you go up against an opposing team who does have complete players. Then what? That speed is going to get you to a spot before your opponent because they got there too. Now you are left with trying to either out-technique them which isn't  going to work if they are a half well-coached team, or over power them which isn't going to work when you as a 200lb LB are going against a 260lb TE or a 230 lb RB, of a 300lb OL player.

As for where Tron would fit on our team, we literally have a group of LB's so talented, we moved one of our LB's to nickel CB and he's starting there. Of course, in today's game, nickel is now basically the 4-3 WLB, but he's officially a DB because he's so crazy fast. That essentially leaves the LB 2 deep to just four players. With DeJon Harris, Grant Morgan, Bumper Pool, and Hayden Henry all doing quite well in those spots, it's hard to see who somebody like Tron would beat out for playing time.

Of course, there's always special teams where he could be quite the asset for us. Maybe he too would move to nickel and could rise to be 2nd string nickel. It's only for one year so like somebody else already said, it won't really hurt us much if at all. The potential or reward is certainly greater than the risk. However, with all the departures and injuries, we sorely need some help at OL and RB right now and into the season/foreseeable future. OTOH, we are pretty good at LB. If he's the best player who wants to come here, go for it. However, there's greater potential benefit in other positions IMO.

At one time, "lift days" during the season were on Mondays and Wednesdays providing you with recovery time on Thursday and Friday before a Saturday game. It isn't the same as the regimen prior to spring and after spring practice over the summer, but it is designed to combat the attrition of strength (-5% p/month) that you experience when you aren't doing regular, stressful and a building style of weight lifting. The idea of course is to diminish the percentage of loss of strength and to minimize the effect on your team as you go later into the season. In my time, this was encouraged but not demanded during the season (unbelievable, looking back that it wasn't demanded). These days it is scheduled and I think it has a profound positive effect on players and of course, effort is measured by the staff. Kids these days can maintain their weight better throughout a season by use of designed nutrition plans (major programs) and continued lifting to stave off the effects of muscle attrition.

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2019, 09:38:00 pm »

Mr. Folsum has been available for some time.  We haven't jumped yet so I would offer that the coaching staff may have the same thoughts many on here have and may be waiting until later to decide.  It appears this Player gives his all and is willing to get in the mix but even I could offer that but I wouldn't be much help.

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2019, 01:39:16 am »

My guess is Folsom would be a hybrid Nickel/OLB and special teamer which could keep one of the other LBs off of special teams.

I'm sure there's a plan for him as Otis clearly said on here that they looked at tape and there was interest on our part.

Not every player loses weight as the season goes on. It is a common thing but there are many different body types in the game. CJ Anderson looked to be pushing 250 with the Rams in the playoffs and SB.

He had been on Carolina's roster most of the season, so it's not like he had just been at home on the couch..
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas