RB Sports Discussion > Monday Morning Quarterback

Hjalte Froholdt turns in good showing at Pro Day

Pages: (1/1)

Otis Kirk:

https://www.nwahomepage.com/pig-trail-nation/hjalte-froholdt-turns-in-good-pro-day/1851622069

flagstaffhog:

Go HOGS Go!

Cambridge Hog:

Was that training comment a dig on the current staff? Sure felt like it.

kodiakisland:

--- Quote from: Cambridge Hog on March 15, 2019, 07:08:08 pm ---Was that training comment a dig on the current staff? Sure felt like it.

--- End quote ---

Hard to imagine it was anything else.

reds10:

--- Quote from: Cambridge Hog on March 15, 2019, 07:08:08 pm ---Was that training comment a dig on the current staff? Sure felt like it.

--- End quote ---

That’s the way I took it as well.

Boared Out Of My Mind:

“Training to be strong," Froholdt said. "I'm not training to be a track athlete anymore. I'm not trying to be fast. I'm trying to be powerful and strong and get back to some proper offensive line strength and conditioning things." Interesting... Well Bret tried to train everyone to be be powerful and ‘let the freaks come out’ but that certainly didn’t help us on the field. Or our players in the combine. None of them put up great bench or powerball numbers. Fro is the exception, but he seems to have done things differently. And it certainly didn’t hurt him to be in the shape he’s in. Will allow him to mold to whatever shape/weight NFL coaches want him. The current Hogs need to be faster and have more endurance. Stupid comment. Like the kid, but wish he didn’t say that

Pigs in Zen:

--- End quote ---

It seems that Froholdt was one of the “locker room lawyers” Coach Fry had mentioned but had not named in that early-signing period recruiting special that aired on ESPN+. I’m sure this made it difficult for the other O-Line players to “buy in” and that this attitude seemed to reverberate throughout the team. CCM’s approach to football was not “real football” to him and others.

Glad he outed himself through his own words to give us more insight into what was going on in that locker room. Definitely a lost opportunity for him to provide that positive leadership from a well respected player that was desperately needed last season.

Froholdt was a favorite of mine, I am sorry to see how things ended but I wish him the best at the draft.

Cambridge Hog:

--- Quote from: Pigs in Zen on March 16, 2019, 05:07:52 am ---It seems that Froholdt was one of the “locker room lawyers” Coach Fry had mentioned but had not named in that early-signing period recruiting special that aired on ESPN+. I’m sure this made it difficult for the other O-Line players to “buy in” and that this attitude seemed to reverberate throughout the team. CCM’s approach to football was not “real football” to him and others.

Glad he outed himself through his own words to give us more insight into what was going on in that locker room. Definitely a lost opportunity for him to provide that positive leadership from a well respected player that was desperately needed last season.

Froholdt was a favorite of mine, I am sorry to see how things ended but I wish him the best at the draft.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that’s what it made me think as well. I would have thought Froholdt would have been one of the leaders but I guess he was more of a believer in broken feet at night than the current system.

greenEGnHAWGS:

This bums me out. I love Froholdt and am a little surprised he didn’t jump in and be the positive leader I thought he’d of been.

LA Football fan:

--- Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on March 16, 2019, 12:16:45 pm ---This bums me out. I love Froholdt and am a little surprised he didn’t jump in and be the positive leader I thought he’d of been.

--- End quote ---

Considering he had d-lineman running past him left and right and completely whiffing on blocking them, maybe he could have used a little track training to give him the speed to make those blocks.   Was great once he got his hands on a defender but his blocking whiffs led to many lost yardage plays and hits on the qb.  Wish him the best but CCM is building this team to run a completely different offense than what Fro was used to under Bret. 

hawgon:

His vast experience at organized American football and his whole two years of offensive line training under the stellar coaching of Kurt Anderson really qualifies him to be an excellent judge of “proper” offensive line training I’m sure.

Hogs of Anarchy:

Nm

Hogs of Anarchy:

Just playing devils advocate but this maybe a reason you haven't seen Morris land a big time OL at Arkansas I would imagine most olinemen would prefer a pro style system.

DeltaBoy:

O

razorbacker3:

I took his comments as him talking about training. The combine was mostly about speed and movement, whereas now he can train for strength.

Arazorbackguy1:

--- Quote from: razorbacker3 on March 17, 2019, 05:54:15 pm ---I took his comments as him talking about training. The combine was mostly about speed and movement, whereas now he can train for strength.

--- End quote ---

This

zane:

--- Quote from: razorbacker3 on March 17, 2019, 05:54:15 pm ---I took his comments as him talking about training. The combine was mostly about speed and movement, whereas now he can train for strength.

--- End quote ---

I thought the same thing

gmarv:

--- End quote ---
The way I took it also.

mj4president:

--- End quote ---

What part?

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version