Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday

Poll

Will the new grass hold up for game 1?

Yes
No
Fp

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: DWRRS Turf Replacement  (Read 50718 times)

Hogcore

DWRRS Turf Replacement
« on: March 14, 2019, 07:27:34 am »

It looks as if we will be able to watch the work inside of Razorback Stadium via the Oxblue webcams.

https://app.oxblue.com/open/universityofarkansas

Hawggy_Style

Re: DWRRS Turf Replacement
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 08:18:10 am »

Nice!

On a side note. They couldíve picked a better time to freeze the stadium expansion.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

FraggleHog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • My name is on Senior Walk
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 10:45:12 am »

We're going to natural turf, right?

Hogcore

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 10:59:52 am »

It looks as if the sod farm is located in Tennessee.

ricepig

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 11:05:46 am »

Outside Memphis.

FraggleHog

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 03:58:22 pm »

Is it this one?

http://triturfsod.com/

FraggleHog

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 04:01:08 pm »

It looks as if we will be able to watch the work inside of Razorback Stadium via the Oxblue webcams.

https://app.oxblue.com/open/universityofarkansas

Anyone know if the Athletic Dept is making pieces of the artificial turf available? A piece of the Hog at midfield or the End Zone would be amazing in my mancave.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 05:30:46 pm »

Outside Memphis.

If itís the one in Paris TN then thatís a fairly long way outside Memphis. The big one close to Memphis I know them. Done work on their house.

DEVIL DOG HOG

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Grandpa's hayride
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 07:10:02 pm »

If it’s the one in Paris TN then that’s a fairly long way outside Memphis. The big one close to Memphis I know them. Done work on their house.

It says Stadium sod in Arlington.

ricepig

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 07:14:07 pm »

It says Stadium sod in Arlington.

Which is either Winstead or Cherry Point.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 07:28:24 pm »

Winstead is the ones I know personally. Good people. As a matter fact if that is the field I think it is that field is only five miles away from where we are building our new house. The light poles and stop lights are a dead giveaway. Itís at the corner of Hwy 70 and Milton Wilson Blvd.

LFC Hog

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2019, 08:27:06 pm »

It's Winstead Turf Farms.  Click the "Change View"  then "Map" at the OxBlue link.  I wonder what grass they settled on?

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 08:41:25 pm »

Iíve heard itís a hybrid.....cross bluegrass, Kentucky bluegrass, featherbed bent, and northern California sinsemilla.

ricepig

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 08:43:10 pm »

Iíve heard itís a hybrid.....cross bluegrass, Kentucky bluegrass, featherbed bent, and northern California sinsemilla.
Looked like a mud hole on the camera.

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 08:47:50 pm »

Give it a little time, rice. Dormant grass lives matter.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 06:50:31 am »

I didnít know that field was a part of the sod farm. I though it was a commercial zone for development. There are a couple of big new housing  subdivisions right behind the railroad tracks which are right behind the camera. The background is an area subject to flash flooding. Part of the Loosahatchie river drainage.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 08:51:48 am by Inhogswetrust »

ricepig

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 07:48:38 am »

I didnít know the field was a part of the sod farm. I though it was a commercial zone for development. There are a couple of big new housing  subdivisions right behind the railroad tracks which are right behind the camera. The background is an area subject to flash flooding. Part of the Loosahatchie river drainage.

Sounds like thereís a bridge to jump off of around there.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 08:52:55 am »

Sounds like thereís a bridge to jump off of around there.
Straight ahead on Hwy 70 past that stop light......brand new one. Itís the Tennessee version of the Tallahatchie bridge.

PigWig

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 09:04:56 am »

You know it's the football offseason when guys are literally watching grass grow. 

ricepig

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 09:44:04 am »

You know it's the football offseason when guys are literally watching grass grow. 

Hey, I know of about 5 places in the state that have invested heavily to watch ďgrassĒ grow, lol.

Seebs

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 10:01:25 am »

Green Side Up.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 01:11:24 pm »

Hey, I know of about 5 places in the state that have invested heavily to watch ďgrassĒ grow, lol.

I bet they are Hoppy, hoppy, hoppy.

twistitup

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2019, 01:48:07 pm »

We couldn't find AR sod?

twistitup

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2019, 01:48:52 pm »

The sod is always greener on the other side of the river?

WizardofhOgZ

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2019, 02:04:00 pm »

Nice . . . and here's your prize!

https://www.m00nshot.com/products/spacklers-kentucky-bluegrass-caddyshack-carl-spackler-t-shirt?variant=12524503171149

RAZ FAN

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2019, 07:29:23 pm »

It's Winstead Turf Farms.  Click the "Change View"  then "Map" at the OxBlue link.  I wonder what grass they settled on?
you are correct. Winstead Farms. They just recently converted Memphis Redbirds stadium to a professional soccer field for the Memphis pro soccer team. Buddy of mine is the guy for Winstead farms doing Razorback stadium.

WayneHawg

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
    • Bacon Bits
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2019, 08:40:40 pm »

We're going to natural turf, right?
At this point I hope it's medical marijuana

OneTuskOverTheLineô

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2019, 09:05:40 pm »

If itís the one in Paris TN then thatís a fairly long way outside Memphis. The big one close to Memphis I know them. Done work on their house.
That's my cousin's farm. The father (My great Uncle Hub) owned two farms that were bought out by the state for highway construction. One son raises quarter horses, and the other son grows sod...

twistitup

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2019, 09:10:34 pm »

Hey Tennessee: I know you like  to think that your sod don't stink, but lean a little closer....

TN sod on the field at RRS? Isn't that just another curse to add to and already growing list of curses. We have 'interception king curse',  'curse of the cycle', 'ozark foot curse',  and now the 'Curse of the Tennessee Sod' - all these feet problems and we go get Volunteer Sod?

What's next, Texas Sod?

We are are just begging for problems here. One Tusk, I'm not trying to be tough on your Fam, just surprised we couldn't find any adequate sod in the great state of Arkansas. Tennessee sod is ok, but don't they need it in TN?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 10:38:10 am by twistitup »

ricepig

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2019, 11:35:13 am »

Hey Tennessee: I know like to think that your sod don't stink, but lean a little closer....

TN sod on the field at RRS? Isn't that just another curse to add to and already growing list of curses. We have 'interception king curse',  'curse of the cycle', 'ozark foot curse',  and now the 'Curse of the Tennessee Sod' - all these feet problems and we go get Volunteer Sod?

What's next, Texas Sod?

We are are just begging for problems here. One Tusk, I'm not trying to be tough on your Fam, just surprised we couldn't find any adequate sod in the great state of Arkansas. Tennessee sod is ok, but don't they need it in TN?

We donít produce artificial turf in the state, either, should we have never used any? I can continue own with a lot of products, but I think you get the point.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2019, 11:49:40 am »

Who's guarding the turf and are they armed ???

twistitup

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2019, 11:56:10 am »

We donít produce artificial turf in the state, either, should we have never used any? I can continue own with a lot of products, but I think you get the point.

That makes no sense rice.....the sun comes up and goes down in AR just like it does across the river. I'm convinced we DO have quality sod in Arkansas.

...and the Legend of Tennessee Sod continues to grow----in our stadium. Great.

ricepig

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2019, 12:15:51 pm »

That makes no sense rice.....the sun comes up and goes down in AR just like it does across the river. I'm convinced we DO have quality sod in Arkansas.

...and the Legend of Tennessee Sod continues to grow----in our stadium. Great.

Iím sure we do, but do we have the exact prescription Tifway 419 Bermuda?

twistitup

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2019, 12:24:15 pm »

Arkansas Sod & Turf

"We offer several types of sod and carry only the best on the market today including Centipede, Tifway 419 Bermuda, St. Augustine, and Zoysia (Meyer Z-52)."

https://www.arkansassodandturf.net/

...but NOOOOOO, let's give our money to another state. The state university not finding a way to support Arkansas sod farmers is kinda strange if you ask me.

We built our N. Endzone palace w local workers...but couldn't put Ark grass into Razorback stadium.

ricepig

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2019, 12:29:45 pm »

Arkansas Sod & Turf

"We offer several types of sod and carry only the best on the market today including Centipede, Tifway 419 Bermuda, St. Augustine, and Zoysia (Meyer Z-52)."

...but NOOOOOO, let's give our money to another state. The state university not finding a way to support Arkansas sod farmers is kinda strange if you ask me.

We built our N. Endzone palace w local workers...but couldn't put Ark grass into Razorback stadium.

I guess their bid was too high.......

Hawggy_Style

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2019, 12:30:21 pm »

Arkansas Sod & Turf

Talking about giving money to another state. How about that home game in Dallas every other year....

Think of the financial impact of having that game in Fayetteville. Hotels, restaurants, bars and so on. All the local employees getting tips. Do I need to go on?

twistitup

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2019, 12:32:38 pm »

Talking about giving money to another state. How about that home game in Dallas every other year....

Think of the financial impact of having that game in Fayetteville. Hotels, restaurants, bars and so on. All the local employees getting tips. Do I need to go on?

Talking about turf...why are we not buying it in state? We recruit from TX....are we helping recruiting in TN by buying the RRS sod from there?

I like the game in Dallas, have been to every one. I take notes while at Jerra's World, then I bring them back to our stadium and cry. Dallas is about the only time I get quality concessions.

....but let's not get sidetracked - it's a turf talk round table

Hawggy_Style

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2019, 12:37:00 pm »

Talking about turf...why are we not buying it in state? We recruit from TX....are we helping recruiting in TN by buying the RRS sod from there?

I like the game in Dallas, have been to every one. I take notes while at Jerra's World, then I bring them back to our stadium and cry. Dallas is about the only time I get quality concessions.

Iím surprised you donít complain about the jerseys not being made in Arkansas using cotton picked in Arkansas. The team should only eat rice and chicken from Arkansas.

ricepig

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2019, 12:43:22 pm »

Iím surprised you donít complain about the jerseys not being made in Arkansas using cotton picked in Arkansas. The team should only eat rice and chicken from Arkansas.

We do have have cows and pigs in the state.......

Hawggy_Style

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2019, 12:57:11 pm »

We do have have cows and pigs in the state.......

And lions, tigers and bears.

LFC Hog

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2019, 02:07:13 pm »

Are you sure it isn't Celebration Bermuda?

ricepig

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2019, 03:03:18 pm »

Are you sure it isn't Celebration Bermuda?

I believe it is 420 Jamaican.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2019, 03:37:23 pm »

That's my cousin's farm. The father (My great Uncle Hub) owned two farms that were bought out by the state for highway construction. One son raises quarter horses, and the other son grows sod...

Thatís interesting. The Winstead family has rodeo horses.

twistitup

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2019, 03:39:49 pm »

If we served rice at the stadium I would expect it to be Riceland rice...this season, the Fried Rice Stands within the walls of RRS should be sponsored by Riceland

I also don't understand us bringing in Dickies BBQ..we brought in Slim Chickens - great idea..then Dickies - a head scratcher. From Whole Hog to Penguin Eds to Wright's and beyond are local - but we bring in Dickies?

Some things should be common sense...in my opinion, the main state university (and other state schools) SHOULD support in state businesses - it makes sense on too many levels.

ricepig

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2019, 03:46:48 pm »

If we served rice at the stadium I would expect it to be Riceland rice...this season, the Fried Rice Stands within the walls of RRS should be sponsored by Riceland

I also don't understand us bringing in Dickies BBQ..we brought in Slim Chickens - great idea..then Dickies - a head scratcher. From Whole Hog to Penguin Eds to Wright's and beyond are local - but we bring in Dickies?

Some things should be common sense and the State University supporting in state businesses makes sense on many levels.

Why Riceland? Do you know that there are numerous rice mills in the state, why would you give the business only to one?

twistitup

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2019, 03:48:05 pm »

Why Riceland? Do you know that there are numerous rice mills in the state, why would you give the business only to one?

Farmer Owned - are there other cooperative rice mills in the state? If there is a farmer owned sod cooperative, we should buy from them too.

ricepig

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2019, 03:52:13 pm »

Farmer Owned - are there other cooperative rice mills in the state? If there is a farmer owned sod cooperative, we should buy from them too.

Farmers own the majority of them, Busch in Jonesboro would be the only corporate one that I can think of. And yes, Producers is a co-op.

twistitup

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2019, 03:56:35 pm »

Farmers own the majority of them, Busch in Jonesboro would be the only corporate one that I can think of. And yes, Producers is a co-op.

I guess they can all kick in - I'm glad you know the farmers - you will be in charge of the bulk rice drop done at the first game...by helicopter.

~ will be epic

Hogcore

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2019, 07:48:40 pm »

As a soil scientist .... this thread really got interesting.

ricepig

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2019, 08:03:49 pm »

As a soil scientist .... this thread really got interesting.

Think we go with the prescription turf type field, all sand, little crown with plenty of sub drainage?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas