RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

What was the most satisfying beat down the hogs gave in your lifetime?

Pages: (1/2) > >>

Sweet Feet:

What blowout win for the hogs satisfied you the most in the past?

diveplayon4thn20:

--- Quote from: Sweet Feet[gifv][/gifv] on March 09, 2019, 03:49:41 pm ---What blowout win for the hogs satisfied you the most in the past?

--- End quote ---

The 42-11 stomping of #1 Texas in 1981 was the first game that came to mind.

Hogs-n-Roses:

Alabama at our home one year. Don't know about now but at the time was their worst in their  history.

TrueBlue:

Without a doubt, ‘78 Orange Bowl.

I was young, but I remember it well. Total domination.

ErieHog:

--- Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on March 09, 2019, 04:34:21 pm ---Alabama at our home one year. Don't know about now but at the time was their worst in their  history.

--- End quote ---

I think that was the 42-6 game in 1998.

Justifiable Hogicide:

--- Quote from: diveplayon4thn20 on March 09, 2019, 04:21:01 pm ---The 42-11 stomping of #1 Texas in 1981 was the first game that came to mind.

--- End quote ---
Strong one.
Also enjoyed beating USC (Southern Cal) in LR.

Hogs-n-Roses:

--- Quote from: ErieHog on March 09, 2019, 04:52:55 pm ---I think that was the 42-6 game in 1998.

--- End quote ---
Can't remember the year. I remember being in the stands and got a good shot at an arrogant Bama fan. Late in the game he had something smart to say and I retaliated with, "ya'll are a football school right". Some heated words next and my last jab was "good luck with Kentucky"

Pudgepork:

Yeah, the '78 Orange Bowl and '82 Texas whippings were fun.   But my most enjoyable was probably that Nothing Stinks Like A Wet Hog thrashing of ole miss. 

Pudgepork:

--- Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on March 09, 2019, 04:54:44 pm ---Strong one.
Also enjoyed beating USC (Southern Cal) in LR.

--- End quote ---

That was my first game to attend.  The crowd was rockin that day

Arky:

--- Quote from: diveplayon4thn20 on March 09, 2019, 04:21:01 pm ---The 42-11 stomping of #1 Texas in 1981 was the first game that came to mind.

--- End quote ---
Yep, I was a freshman that year...….Dickson was wild that night

Bacons Rebellion:

I think the big 4 have been listed Texas 42-11, Oklahoma 31-6, Alabama 42-6, USC 22-7.

I remember particularly enjoying Ferguson, Morton & Co. beating Texas 31-7 in the rain in 1971 after losing 4 years in a row. Since I was 12, 4 years in a row the felt like 20 in a row now.

East Clintwood:

Mine wasn't just one game.

It was the five straight games that we didn't allow a single point scored to close out the '64 season.

Hogs-n-Roses:

I'd like to expand to games away. Both were at Austin Texas 1) James Rouse and company beat Texas to make it back to back wins for us in Austin. 2) Matt Jones n crew when they were like #5 in the country. Priceless memory with fellow hogville poster"porkerpower".

Pigsknuckles:

You have to ask?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

pghawg1:

1 78 Orange Bowl, 2 81 Texas game,3 98 Alabama game,4 06 Auburn game with D-Mac and Felix, 5  01? Auburn game when M Jones was a freshmen

goodguytex:

In addition to those mentioned..   the 2011 Tennessee game, where we dominated the vols from start to finish was pretty memorable, as well as the 2006 Tennessee game when we clinched SEC West championship. The Texas bowl against texass was pretty sweet too.

cpohog:

78 Orange Bowl and 81 Longhorns

Tie for best beat downs!!

Hogcore:

The 2006 Tennessee game. I was living in Tennessee at the time. Also, I was at the OT lose in Knoxville a few years prior. So, that beatdown was pretty special.

Warbirdhog:

--- End quote ---

Same here

greenie:

--- End quote ---

Being a student at that game was beyond description for me.  The best one for me.

LZH:

It wasn’t a beat down by any means, but the Miracle on Markham probably made me happier than any Hog football game I can remember. The 2010 win over LSU in LR was super sweet, too.

plumbhog:

31-6 and nothing comes close.

Tejano Jawg:

This may be splitting hairs—even though the Orange Bowl is in the top 2 Razorback wins of all time, I don't really think of it as a "beat down" (by my definition). Major upset, yes. In the end, yes it was total domination by us. However, we built the lead slowly and steadily, but given that OU could score in 1 or 2 plays, I always thought they were just a play away from being back in it. They did string some good drives together…we just stopped them. While I did a lot of celebrating throughout the entire game, I still felt a little tense.

But play by play, start to finish, I gotta say the 1981 Texas game tops this list. The Horns truly should never have gotten off the bus. They never had a chance…from the start our D was all over them (Billy Ray Smith's fumble recovery on their first play). Later in the game, we were just toying with them, like QB Tom Jones catching a throwback touchdown pass. Another one, UT's Herkie Walls was so disoriented, he fair caught a punt inside the 5 yard line. After the laughter died out, the "Ar-kan-sas"…"Ra-zor-backs" cheer started. It was the first time I heard that one. Being in the stadium for the game also gives this one the edge in my opinion.

JaketheSnake:

A good one was I believe 03 we went to #2 Auburn and beat the stripes off of them. 

goodguytex:

--- Quote from: LZH on March 10, 2019, 10:46:28 am ---It wasn’t a beat down by any means, but the Miracle on Markham probably made me happier than any Hog football game I can remember. The 2010 win over LSU in LR was super sweet, too.

--- End quote ---
That last kneel down in that 2010 LSU game was a very special moment in a very special game..... LSU was highly ranked, had the hype the whole year. Arkansas had lost to Bama and Auburn. We weren't even supposed to be in the game against them. They played dirty too. Very dirty. Kept doing stuff that was underneath the pile,  cheap shots. And we overcame all of that and won.

That was why it hurt to me so much when we got beat the next year, because they had no class. Not even when the Hogs were reeling from losing a member of their football family.

Anybody:

EVERY time we beat Texas.

The '78 Orange Bowl was really special.  We were living 100 miles from the Canadian border in northern Minnesota.  We went to a resort to watch the game because we didn't get the telecast at home because we only got one channel on our TV.  It was 10 degrees below zero in a bad snowstorm, and we had a newborn in a small portable crib.  We cheered so loud for our HOGS to beat the Oklahoma Sooners and Barry Switzer, we didn't care if we woke up our daughter or not.

This next part is CRAZY  We were at The State Fair of Texas this past year, wearing our Razorback garb, when 5 or 6 people walked up to us and introduced themselves.  They happened to be the mother and wife, along with some other relatives of a past Razorback player.  When I told them that Roland Sales is one of my all-time sports heroes, the mother said hold on a minute as she pulled her cell phone out of her purse.  Speaking with my hero for the next ten minutes was one of the greatest thrills of my life.  He is still working for the Postal Service in Dallas.

Great memories from the past that will last a lifetime.  GO HOGS ! 

diveplayon4thn20:

The same year of the staement making 42-6 win over bama was the 34-0 shutout of a ranked bowlbound Ole Miss the week before the Tennessee game. Nutt and co. stomping Texas in the Cotton Bowl his second season and in 2003 were awesome. The stomping of Tennessee in 2006 and the game when Joe Adams had the greatest punt return in history deserve mention. Any win over LSU is sweet, but the shutout win over them CBB's 2nd year to snap our lpng SEC losing streak was epic, and crushing Ole Miss 30-0 the following week that marked the only time in college history a team shutout ranked teams in back to back weeks. Of course the 31-6 humbling of Texas in the bowl game that year was awesome. I  have to throw in the 31-7 thrashing of eventual SEC East Champion Florida, which was the first win over Florida since we moved to the SEC, something Ford, Nutt, or Petrino failed to accomplish. Say whatever you want about CBB, but he did have his moments.

LZH:

--- Quote from: goodguytex on March 10, 2019, 02:47:01 pm ---That last kneel down in that 2010 LSU game was a very special moment in a very special game..... LSU was highly ranked, had the hype the whole year. Arkansas had lost to Bama and Auburn. We weren't even supposed to be in the game against them. They played dirty too. Very dirty. Kept doing stuff that was underneath the pile,  cheap shots. And we overcame all of that and won.

That was why it hurt to me so much when we got beat the next year, because they had no class. Not even when the Hogs were reeling from losing a member of their football family.

--- End quote ---

Was it classy when BP yelled FUMF at Lester?  No.  Did we (and most every football fan in the SEC that was watching) understand?  Damn right.

UnknownNobody:

Arkansas vs Texas in Little Rock 1979, not a beat down but a very satisfying win. Texas was ranked #2 and Arkansas #10 we won 17-14.

After the game people were driving around Little Rock honking their horns for hours.

Dark Helmet Hog:

There are 4 that come to mind.

1978 Orang Bowl.
1981 Texas.
1998 Alabama.
2006 Tennessee.

Dark Helmet Hog:

--- Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on March 10, 2019, 08:36:37 pm ---There are 4 that come to mind.

1978 Orang Bowl.
1981 Texas.
1998 Alabama.
2006 Tennessee.

--- End quote ---

Texas 2003,while not a blow out, was pretty fun too.

kennypig:

1978 Orange Bowl win over OU.
We were a big underdog before Holtz suspended 3 players and then an OL (Leotis Harris ?) got hurt during practice and missed the game. The betting odds went off the board after that. But we won. And Holtz made a name for himself.

Mo_Better_Hogs:

I understand Tejano Jawg distinguishing the points of the OU-Orange Bowl and the '81 Texas win. Here is some more splitting of hairs---the Orange Bowl, being the last game of the season was more important. The win was the biggest thing, no matter how we got it. Had it been a close win, still great.

The Texas game was early in the season, not as critical that we won (we had already lost to TCU). So the details of that one were as important as the game. All the great plays we made, all the Longhorn turnovers---so awesome. While the win was great, the asskicking was better.

Here's one more, and the same score as the Orange Bowl. Our win over Texas A+M in 1975, one of the first games I remember well as a kid. Seems the game was close in the first half, then we blew it wide open. We pretty much shocked the world, because the Aggies were undefeated and possibly heading to a potential national championship game.

orvillesghost:

1979 against Texas in LR meant the most to me..I was a UA student at the time..we hadnt beaten them since 1971 and though it wasnt a blowout, it meant *and still means* more to me than any of our wins.

The redemption against Tennessee in Fayetteville in 1999 is also pretty big...

PigPusher:

1964 when Arkansas in their last six games held their opponents scoreless.

1978 Orange Bowl. That was unbelievable. David and Goliath in modern terms

1highhog:

The 42-11 beat down of #1 Texas in 1981, Billy Ray Smith helped lead our defense that day as they opened up a 55 gallon drum of whoop ass on the Short Horns.  It was glorious.

gmarv:

The beat down we put on OU was really the one for me I was working in East Okla at the time it was a really sweet few days after.

Locutus_of_Boar:

--- Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on March 10, 2019, 08:36:37 pm ---There are 4 that come to mind.

1978 Orang Bowl.
1981 Texas.
1998 Alabama.
2006 Tennessee.

--- End quote ---

That's a good list.

I'd suggest the 1978 Orange Bowl is easily the one Arkansas rout that stuck in the national consciousness more than any other.

1981 Texas had to be the biggest surprise of them all.  Arguably that was one of the worst performances by a #1 ranked team ever.

1975 Texas A&M had the most at stake and it was followed up by the Cotton Bowl rout of Georgia as Bryoles last hurrah.

1971 Texas was revenge in the pouring rain for a decade of frustration.

2000 Cotton Bowl was largely responsible for giving the college football world the "S-E-C" chant.

1998 Alabama and 2006 Tennessee were pleasant wins over powers on the down slide.

LRhawg926:

The year we dominated Tennessee and had a few highlights to go with it in the Adams punt return and the bobbling catch by J. Wright.

Shutting out a highly ranked Ole miss team and then shutting out LSU a week after.

Beating the longhorns in the Texas bowl.

Or the time we beat Auburn when they were ranked #2 in 2003. And again when we beat Auburn 44-17 when Nelson ripped the guy's helmet off. Many games have been satisfying. Hoping to get back to that level soon.

Hogs-n-Roses:

--- Quote from: LRhawg926 on March 11, 2019, 01:23:41 pm ---The year we dominated Tennessee and had a few highlights to go with it in the Adams punt return and the bobbling catch by J. Wright.

Shutting out a highly ranked Ole miss team and then shutting out LSU a week after.

Beating the longhorns in the Texas bowl.

Or the time we beat Auburn when they were ranked #2 in 2003. And again when we beat Auburn 44-17 when Nelson ripped the guy's helmet off. Many games have been satisfying. Hoping to get back to that level soon.

--- End quote ---
I was at that Auburn game. In our circles it has a nickname. "The man cryers game". Upon leaving the stadium I walked up on 4 or 5 Auburn fellas, all sitting on a curb and 3 of them were crying their eyes out. The other 2 were consoling them. It was an awkward moment as for some reason I just stopped and stared at them, caught me offguard or in amazement. I listened to make sure it was about the game and not that one of their dogs got ran over or the wife just left em, or started their period or something and sure enough it was about the game.They all looked up at me at about the same time and there I was in all my Hogness(full gameday attire) staring. Got Dicey for a few seconds and the crowd took over and I wandered away with the Hog fans knowing that it was going to be a moment. One of those moments you'll share for years.

rzrbaxfan:

--- Quote from: JaketheSnake on March 10, 2019, 02:41:06 pm ---A good one was I believe 03 we went to #2 Auburn and beat the stripes off of them. 

--- End quote ---

03 was in Fayetteville and they beat us on a phantom holding call.  Are you thinking about 2006 when we beat them 27-10 at their place when they were ranked #2?

Beating #24 Auburn at Auburn in 2002 38-17 was fun to watch.  Fred Talley ran wild that day. 

AFWarrior83:

The year DMAC ran all over Tennessee. Phil Fulmer said at halftime something about needing to stop his butt lol! College gameday was there...I think it was in 2006.

snoblind:

--- Quote from: UnknownNobody on March 10, 2019, 07:47:29 pm ---Arkansas vs Texas in Little Rock 1979, not a beat down but a very satisfying win. Texas was ranked #2 and Arkansas #10 we won 17-14.

After the game people were driving around Little Rock honking their horns for hours.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: orvillesghost on March 10, 2019, 11:56:42 pm ---1979 against Texas in LR meant the most to me..I was a UA student at the time..we hadnt beaten them since 1971 and though it wasnt a blowout, it meant *and still means* more to me than any of our wins.

The redemption against Tennessee in Fayetteville in 1999 is also pretty big...

--- End quote ---

This was the first one that came to my mind.  I was at several of the other games mentioned, such as the 42-11 beatdown.  We had only beaten Texas once in 1971 since mid 60's.  The end zone seemed like it was swaying with everyone jumping up and down. 

welchog:

--- Quote from: TrueBlue on March 09, 2019, 04:42:44 pm ---Without a doubt, ‘78 Orange Bowl.

I was young, but I remember it well. Total domination.

--- End quote ---

Yep.  I was there.  Awesome game!

Biggus Piggus:

--- Quote from: Sweet Feet on March 09, 2019, 03:49:41 pm ---What blowout win for the hogs satisfied you the most in the past?

--- End quote ---

120-68 over Missouri at the opening of BWA. Norm Stewart was a huge dick.

dsf:

First year in the SEC...we had just lost the opener to The Citadel.  The next week, in Columbia, where I lived, I was not looking forward to playing South Carolina.  Arkansas shocked them 45-7.

Lady Razorback:

--- Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on March 11, 2019, 01:40:20 pm ---I was at that Auburn game. In our circles it has a nickname. "The man cryers game". Upon leaving the stadium I walked up on 4 or 5 Auburn fellas, all sitting on a curb and 3 of them were crying their eyes out. The other 2 were consoling them. It was an awkward moment as for some reason I just stopped and stared at them, caught me offguard or in amazement. I listened to make sure it was about the game and not that one of their dogs got ran over or the wife just left em, or started their period or something and sure enough it was about the game.They all looked up at me at about the same time and there I was in all my Hogness(full gameday attire) staring. Got Dicey for a few seconds and the crowd took over and I wandered away with the Hog fans knowing that it was going to be a moment. One of those moments you'll share for years.

--- End quote ---

I was at that game, and I will never forget how stand up their fans were to us.  They bought us round after round that night, saying that we deserved that win because of the way we played, and the way they played.  Listening to Tommy Tubberville in his press conference was also something I will never forget. 

But my favorite was really Texas in Fayetteville.  I was there with my dad and it will always be a favorite memory of mine. 

diveplayon4thn20:

--- Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 11, 2019, 06:07:43 pm ---120-68 over Missouri at the opening of BWA. Norm Stewart was a huge dick.

--- End quote ---

That was a great win. Missouri won the Big 8 title, going undefeated in conference play I believe. They also ended up in the Elite 8, so that wasn't just a beatdown of a sorry team, they were a very good team, but they ra. into a hurricane that game...

LRhawg926:

--- Quote from: rzrbaxfan on March 11, 2019, 02:40:39 pm ---

03 was in Fayetteville and they beat us on a phantom holding call.  Are you thinking about 2006 when we beat them 27-10 at their place when they were ranked #2?

Beating #24 Auburn at Auburn in 2002 38-17 was fun to watch.  Fred Talley ran wild that day.

--- End quote ---

Yes. Wrong years..

ChitownHawg:

--- End quote ---

Ditto.

Pages: (1/2) > >>

Go to full version