RB Sports Discussion > Monday Morning Quarterback

Re: Saw the first 20 minutes of today's butt-freezing cold practice

Pages: (1/1)

Mike Irwin:

Throw in the wind and it was miserable. Still Hicks seemed unaffected. The deep ball separates him from the other QBs. He and Jack Lindsey can throw accurately beyond 30 yards. Hicks throws the short ball head level. The others tend to drop it toward the waist.

Connor Nolan was out there today. He looked okay. At one point Hicks instructed him on several points. They had a good, long discussion.

Considering how cold it was I thought the receivers did a good job too.

Morris is scheduled to talk after practice. We'll have coverage of that.

bythelake:

Thanks mike.

OhioHog:

--- Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 05, 2019, 05:58:07 pm ---Throw in the wind and it was miserable. Still Hicks seemed unaffected. The deep ball separates him from the other QBs. He and Jack Lindsey can throw accurately beyond 30 yards. Hicks throws the short ball head level. The others tend to drop it toward the waist.

Connor Nolan was out there today. He looked okay. At one point Hicks instructed him on several points. They had a good, long discussion.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the update!

TXArcher:

Thanks!

Danny J:

Thanks for the updates and taking the time to post them. We appreciate it.

RaisinHog:

I especially appreciate this because last fall camp Mike said our qb's were not good and guess what he was right lol

JHicks3636:

--- Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 05, 2019, 05:58:07 pm ---Throw in the wind and it was miserable. Still Hicks seemed unaffected. The deep ball separates him from the other QBs. He and Jack Lindsey can throw accurately beyond 30 yards. Hicks throws the short ball head level. The others tend to drop it toward the waist.

--- End quote ---

Okay, Mike, that would be "Noland". I'm sure that's a typo but others have been massacred for less. It is ingrained in my mind as I've had to type it about 300 times in baseball pbp.

Mike Irwin:

Yep. I continue to post Nolan. My fingers do it automatically.

arthurhawgerelli:

--- Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 05, 2019, 09:38:36 pm ---Yep. I continue to post Nolan. My fingers do it automatically.

--- End quote ---
If the PTB would listen to you and put Coach Richardson's name on the court, it might help everybody stop misspelling Connor's name.  Way past time to put "Nolan" on the court.  Noland is a pretty dang good kid, I'll bet the occasional misspelling doesn't bother him when he realizes most Hog fans grew up with a very significant Nolan to support. 

hawg IQ:

--- Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 05, 2019, 09:38:36 pm ---Yep. I continue to post Nolan. My fingers do it automatically.

--- End quote ---
I have misspelled again and again on here. Most of us thinks the substance of the post is the important factor anyway. When is comes to the grammar part, I always make a failing grade there. I enjoy your post and insights, so Nolan or Noland will work for me and most of us knew that already.

bphi11ips:

I asked my son how cold it was on Tuesday. He said the ball was so hard it bruised the top of his foot.

hogrider:

Thanks Mike!!

hawginbigd1:

--- Quote from: bphi11ips on March 07, 2019, 09:01:07 am ---I asked my son how cold it was on Tuesday. He said the ball was so hard it bruised the top of his foot.

--- End quote ---
Yeah kicking in freezing weather is like just kicking a big rock as hard as you can. I don't know how the barefoot guys did it back in the day.

Inhogswetrust:

--- Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 07, 2019, 11:45:32 am ---Yeah kicking in freezing weather is like just kicking a big rock as hard as you can. I don't know how the barefoot guys did it back in the day.

--- End quote ---

Bigger balls.

BigBrandonAllenFan:

All Hail Komrad Irwin. 

1highhog:

--- Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 07, 2019, 11:45:32 am ---Yeah kicking in freezing weather is like just kicking a big rock as hard as you can. I don't know how the barefoot guys did it back in the day.

--- End quote ---

The guys may have been smaller than today's muscled up freaks of "nature", but they were a lot tougher and when they hit you it was like getting hit by a train.

Ex-Trumpet:

--- Quote from: 1highhog on March 08, 2019, 11:54:13 am ---The guys may have been smaller than today's muscled up freaks of "nature", but they were a lot tougher and when they hit you it was like getting hit by a train.

--- End quote ---

100% of them would never see the end of the game and/or the first half of the following game with today's rules!

Deep Shoat:

--- Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on March 08, 2019, 01:26:34 pm ---100% of them would never see the end of the game and/or the first half of the following game with today's rules!

--- End quote ---
Truth.

I would have been kicked out of every game I ever played.

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version