• 10,271,003 Posts
• 407,570 Topics
• 23,311 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: With the news today adding to the crootin haul..  (Read 12548 times)

LZH

Re: With the news today adding to the crootin haul..
« Reply #300 on: March 07, 2019, 03:43:12 pm »

or a skirt and no panties. 

I did always wanna be super-popular.

HogPharmer

« Reply #301 on: March 07, 2019, 03:55:34 pm »

I did always wanna be super-popular.

Apparently so did my ex-wife

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

LZH

« Reply #302 on: March 07, 2019, 03:56:55 pm »

Apparently so did my ex-wife

You offering to pay me to go away the same amount you paid her to go away?

HogPharmer

« Reply #303 on: March 07, 2019, 04:07:21 pm »

You offering to pay me to go away the same amount you paid her to go away?

Hell the only person that was ever paid more than her to go away in this state was Bret Bielema...

jhogg

« Reply #304 on: March 07, 2019, 04:27:58 pm »

Anybody else find themselves unexpectedly excited about football again? I’ve been on the baseball wagon HARD but it’s tough to shake the feeling that CCM and crew are going to work some magic in the next few years.
I've been excited every year for razorback football since 1968

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The People’s Mod
« Reply #305 on: March 07, 2019, 04:34:22 pm »

Naw, I'll pass.  :D

My favorite Leno joke.  "What did Pete Carroll say when they asked him if he wanted to win the superbowl?"  Naw, I'll pass.  great stuff. 

Sivad

« Reply #306 on: March 07, 2019, 05:58:42 pm »

Hell the only person that was ever paid more than her to go away in this state was Bret Bielema...
Sometimes “go away money” can be the best you’ll ever spend.

The Hawgman

« Reply #307 on: March 07, 2019, 06:37:49 pm »

Say whatever you want, but if we have another 2-10 or 3-9 season, He will be out of excuses.
Am hopeful that he was establishing his system no matter what and not making decisions based on how to win any particular game. Because as this poster says Gameday coaching was lacking.
From August when the chose a qb to when Kelly midseason.
Playcalling never gave us a chance most of the time.
That being said, they do have a chance with the new talent
Hopeful but not holding my breath for next year but with good game day coaching and another class or two we will be good.

Pork Twain

« Reply #308 on: March 08, 2019, 06:58:27 am »

Hogville provides me with a few people I am sure need a throat-punch every time I log on.  They also remind me that my life is not that bad and nowhere near as pathetic as theirs, and for that I am thankful.

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #309 on: March 08, 2019, 07:11:38 am »

This thread is a train wreck. I can’t stop clicking on it. Bout to go on a political rant in hopes of getting it locked.

HogPharmer

« Reply #310 on: March 08, 2019, 11:21:46 am »

This thread is a train wreck. I can’t stop clicking on it. Bout to go on a political rant in hopes of getting it locked.

C'mon, this is the fun type of thread that helps us get through the off season.

RyanMallettsEgo

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
« Reply #311 on: March 08, 2019, 11:24:05 am »

C'mon, this is the fun type of thread that helps us get through the off season.

Yeah I'm bored today.

Think we could get a mashup of an A-State/GSD/GCD™️ thread going?

Apologies if it's been done, but I'm officially trademarking "GCD"...the Great Conference Debate, regarding Arkansas and the Big 12.

Wildhog

« Reply #312 on: March 08, 2019, 11:34:52 am »

Yeah I'm bored today.

Think we could get a mashup of an A-State/GSD/GCD™️ thread going?

Apologies if it's been done, but I'm officially trademarking "GCD"...the Great Conference Debate, regarding Arkansas and the Big 12.

What about moving Treylon Burks to LB?

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #313 on: March 08, 2019, 11:36:32 am »

Do you think we'd beat Arkansas State in Little Rock as a member of the Big 12 in Burks' first game as a linebacker?

Wildhog

« Reply #314 on: March 08, 2019, 11:38:33 am »

Do you think we'd beat Arkansas State in Little Rock as a member of the Big 12 in Burks' first game as a linebacker?

Of course not.

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #315 on: March 08, 2019, 11:41:12 am »

Of course not.

What if Gus or Norvell was our coach?

Wildhog

« Reply #316 on: March 08, 2019, 11:44:10 am »

What if Gus or Norvell was our coach?

Maybe Gus.  Perhaps Norvell too if you take his phone away.

But only if JSJ is at QB.

HogPharmer

« Reply #317 on: March 08, 2019, 11:47:52 am »

Maybe Gus.  Perhaps Norvell too if you take his phone away.

But only if JSJ is at QB.

What if we had a Gus Clone?

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #318 on: March 08, 2019, 11:49:33 am »

I started to make a thread on it the other day right after Scoota’s surgery.

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #319 on: March 08, 2019, 11:58:38 am »

What if we had a Gus Clone?

A-State wouldn't even show up to Little Rock is that happened.

Wildhog

« Reply #320 on: March 08, 2019, 12:01:17 pm »

I started to make a thread on it the other day right after Scoota’s surgery.

DO IT NOW

IAMHogholio

« Reply #321 on: March 09, 2019, 07:33:13 am »

We’re always undefeated in Spring and the sun shines bright.

LZH

« Reply #322 on: March 09, 2019, 08:33:35 am »

Ha! You can just let me use your boat every now and then and we’ll call it even. You keep the youngn’s....I never wanted kids anyway.

murthage

« Reply #323 on: March 09, 2019, 10:11:38 am »

Formula Hog
You must be a blast at a Razorback Tailgate Party.  Offensive Line and QB.... were his nemesis.  I am very good at training dogs, however, my 16 year old Pomeranian is blind and deaf, and with all the training she will not fetch a ball. 

However, I do agree that this year will be the true test, with experienced QBs....if the OL can give them 3.5 seconds to execute.

I am looking forward to this season with a POSITIVE ATTITUDE.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #324 on: March 09, 2019, 11:28:06 am »

What I've wanted all along. a 3-4 years starter; our very own Devin White. Throw him in as a redzone receiver/wildcat QB, too.

roothawg

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #325 on: March 09, 2019, 11:43:30 am »

He will have a 5-6 win season for sure. Easy to look lost with no answers standing on the sideline.

Bebop

« Reply #326 on: March 09, 2019, 06:24:19 pm »

I will gladly eat any crow, and give the credit if it is due to him. Actually, I hope I am very wrong about CCM. But from the way he coached last season, it's gonna take more than some gimmick high school coaching job.

Exactly where I'm at. I will gladly eat crow and will post a thread about it if Morris turns us around. They way we played against our non-conference teams last year has made me skeptical of Morris. We will see. Hoping for the best.

I will give credit where credit is due:Morris has been doing really well on the recruiting trail. Hope it pays off. Go Hogs!

Pig Worshipper

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #327 on: March 10, 2019, 08:14:07 am »

Bash me all you want, but when CCM looks just as bad next season, no matter what players he gets, don't make excuses for him.
I totally agree that Coach Morris is the worst head football coach in our long history but I believe you will be disappointed to see him keep his job, just like Mike Anderson, year after mind-numbing year.
Morris cannot possibly be as bad as he was last year in the upcoming season. The most likely scenario is that he will slowly improve back to the level of a Bret Bielema, and the Powers That Be will act like he's the Second Coming of Frank Broyles. The Cult of Chad on Hogville will sing his praises also and we will spend 6-8 more years in the football wilderness.
The University of Arkansas loves to wallow in mediocrity! I'm sick of it but until enough other fans are as sick of it as we are, the Mike Anderson's and Chad Morris's of the world will be laughing all the way to the bank.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #328 on: March 10, 2019, 09:32:48 am »

I totally agree that Coach Morris is the worst head football coach in our long history but I believe you will be disappointed to see him keep his job, just like Mike Anderson, year after mind-numbing year.
Morris cannot possibly be as bad as he was last year in the upcoming season. The most likely scenario is that he will slowly improve back to the level of a Bret Bielema, and the Powers That Be will act like he's the Second Coming of Frank Broyles. The Cult of Chad on Hogville will sing his praises also and we will spend 6-8 more years in the football wilderness.
The University of Arkansas loves to wallow in mediocrity! I'm sick of it but until enough other fans are as sick of it as we are, the Mike Anderson's and Chad Morris's of the world will be laughing all the way to the bank.

At this point, none of us have anything but opinions based on a single season that found us without a QB with the tools to run this offense and internal strife within the team from some key influences who refused to buy-in to the new concepts brought by a new staff. I've seen this kind of thing before and just like a drop of oil can contaminate a glass of water, it doesn't require but a few negative nancy's in a locker room (especially if they are supposed to be leaders) to ruin anything that is attempted to be built by destroying the confidence of the team.

After an off season of some house cleaning, that should be a thing of the past. Let us hope.

As for what we will see this season, none of us know for certain. Oh sure, we all have opinions but everyone appears to be in "wait and see" mode. Can't blame anyone for that.

I think (my opinion) that there is some reason for hope because we are going to have one QB that already knows the offensive system and another with two years of eligibility remaining that will probably pick it up pretty quickly. The O-Line, TE's, WR's and RB's all have to improve this season as well, along with the defense, but at least we will have a trigger man on offense who knows how to execute the offense. As Morris was saying the other day, "a rising tide lifts all boats". That is certainly my hope.

LZH

« Reply #329 on: March 10, 2019, 10:37:48 am »

Exactly where I'm at. I will gladly eat crow and will post a thread about it if Morris turns us around. They way we played against our non-conference teams last year has made me skeptical of Morris. We will see. Hoping for the best.

I will give credit where credit is due:Morris has been doing really well on the recruiting trail. Hope it pays off. Go Hogs!

These points of view was what I was talking about the other day. I’m a CM fan, and believe he’ll win 10 games in a few years. But there’s nothing wrong with having doubts about his coaching decisions after some of what we saw last year. Some guys on here will have a fit just considering Chad can/has made mistakes.

Eventually, I personally think he’ll do just fine....but that doesn’t make me right and it damn sure doesn’t give me free license to verbally hammer anyone who disagrees.

Pork Twain

« Reply #330 on: March 11, 2019, 10:32:35 am »

I feel like if HiM, Guv and FCJ had a child, it would be you.

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #331 on: March 11, 2019, 10:39:01 am »

Is that why Bielema was fired after 5 years?

HogPharmer

« Reply #332 on: March 11, 2019, 11:21:39 am »

Is the Cult of Chad like a COG clone?

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #333 on: March 11, 2019, 11:23:26 am »

Is the Cult of Chad like a COG clone?

Locutus_of_Boar

• Hogvillian
« Reply #334 on: March 11, 2019, 11:24:05 am »

He can recruit all he wants. He still don't know what he's doing on gameday. 2-10 is 2-10.

Just for the record here are the two year win totals for all Arkansas coaches for the last 100 years:

5 wins - Otis Douglas
9 wins - Jack Crowe
10 wins - Bret Bielema, Danny Ford, Fred Thompsen
11 wins - Francis Schmidt, Jack Mitchell, Bowden Wyatt
12 wins - Bobby Petrino, John Barnhill
13 wins - Frank Broyles
17 wins - Ken Hatfield, Houston Nutt
20 wins - Lou Holtz

Now the ghost of ol'Otis has a right to be worried Chad might just be able to overtake him after two years.  Jack Crowe probably isn't losing too much sleep.

To put it in proper perspective, if Chad's team goes 15-0 and wins the national championship he will still have won only as many games in two years as Houston Dale.

oldhawg

« Reply #335 on: March 11, 2019, 11:32:29 am »

I remember reading similar quotes about Bret Bielema, John l.Sullivan, Bobby Petrino's character, Houston Nutt, Danny Ford, and Jack Crowe.

Unfortunately, Jesus Christ is not available right now, so guess we will have to support the Razorbacks with what we got.

Looking back a ways in time, I would have liked to have seen Joe Kines given a legitimate shot of leading the Razorbacks out of the wilderness.

I keep seeing the Jordan River on the horizon, but am beginning to wonder if it's a mirage.  Regardless, I'll hang in there for another season or two to see what happens ---- and then I'll probably die.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 01:36:32 pm by oldhawg »

Hawgphat

« Reply #336 on: March 11, 2019, 05:55:35 pm »

I totally agree that Coach Morris is the worst head football coach in our long history.

Jack Crowe comes readily to mind.  It may be a good thing that the Razorback movers & shakers are not running their prospective hirings and firings by you for confirmation.  Within a 5 or 6 year span, we probably wouldn't be able to get ANY coach to come to Arkansas and submit himself to the "Revolving Door" Hire & Fire Routine.

Continually firing a coach after an initial season and starting over from scratch is NOT a recipe for success.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas