• 10,302,836 Posts
• 408,279 Topics
• 23,335 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: With the news today adding to the crootin haul..  (Read 12848 times)

theFlyingHog

With the news today adding to the crootin haul..
« on: March 04, 2019, 08:32:35 pm »

Anybody else find themselves unexpectedly excited about football again? I’ve been on the baseball wagon HARD but it’s tough to shake the feeling that CCM and crew are going to work some magic in the next few years.

jkstock04

Re: With the news today adding to the crootin haul..
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 08:34:37 pm »

Anybody else find themselves unexpectedly excited about football again? I’ve been on the baseball wagon HARD but it’s tough to shake the feeling that CCM and crew are going to work some magic in the next few years.
Having two brand new qbs with experience will sell some tickets vs what we had last season...I can tell you that.

For sure something to look forward to.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 08:50:02 pm »

Well, he is turning over the roster faster than I ever thought he could.  That’s for sure.

flagstaffhog

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 09:28:57 pm »

I’m just wondering how many QB’s do we need?

Go HOGS Go!

majestic

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 09:30:50 pm »

No.

widespreadsooie

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 09:32:46 pm »

Morris seems to be knowing what he's doing. I like it a lot but still understand we have a long way to go, and 2019 may not be prettier than 5 or 6 wins.

Hawgey-Davidson

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 09:34:23 pm »

Me likey. Go Hogs.

Formula Hog

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 09:34:31 pm »

He can recruit all he wants. He still don't know what he's doing on gameday. 2-10 is 2-10.

TrueBlue

• All-American Hogvillian
  • "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 09:38:28 pm »

He can recruit all he wants. He still don't know what he's doing on gameday. 2-10 is 2-10.

Ignorant “fans” will always be Ignorant “fans”.

ifghog

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 09:39:59 pm »

This is an asinine statement. We had UCA level talent...its glaringly obvious!

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 09:44:21 pm »

This is an asinine statement. We had UCA level talent...its glaringly obvious!

Asi-nine, asi-ten, asi-eleven! Damn we have some stupid fans, dont we?

Formula Hog

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 09:51:48 pm »

You guys can defend his record all you want. He looked lost on the sidelines in a lot of games this past season. That is a fact.

The Hogfather

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2019, 09:53:33 pm »

You guys can defend his record all you want. He looked lost on the sidelines in a lot of games this past season. That is a fact.

So dumb.

Formula Hog

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 09:55:18 pm »

Say whatever you want, but if we have another 2-10 or 3-9 season, He will be out of excuses.

Pig’n round

• Band Nerd
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2019, 10:00:01 pm »

When our competition has DL that are faster than our defensive backs recruiting matters more than coaching.  Great players make great coaches. 

Wildhog

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 10:02:15 pm »

Say whatever you want, but if we have another 2-10 or 3-9 season, He will be out of excuses.

Almost sounds like you want him to fail.

Formula Hog

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2019, 10:04:49 pm »

All I know is that there are 3 active coaches that have won titles. And 2 of them are in our division. Watching him coach against the best in the nation was embarrassing last season. SEC coaches had a blast his tactics last season. Out coached in EVERY game.

Wildhog

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2019, 10:06:42 pm »

All I know is that there are 3 active coaches that have won titles. And 2 of them are in our division. Watching him coach against the best in the nation was embarrassing last season. SEC coaches had a blast his tactics last season. Out coached in EVERY game.

Well, he’s bringing in some talent, so we’ll know for sure soon enough. 

247Hog

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2019, 10:07:20 pm »

If we can win 4-5 games and show that we doubled the wins next season to go with good recruiting class, 2020 could be lots of fun. We will have Starkel/Jefferson at QB with some very good experienced players heading to South Bend. Win that game, program will be relevant again.

jkstock04

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2019, 10:08:07 pm »

Agreed. We need to win 4/5 games this season. I'm not convinced either way on Chad Morris....but I am convinced that squad last year was middle of the road/low end Sunbelt quality.

This season probably won't be much better, but we need to at least see what his guys he's bringing in can do. Personally I don't think he survives a 2/3 win season....he will be gone if that happens.

Formula Hog

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2019, 10:09:50 pm »

I'm happy with the recruiting, I hope it can continue. But for the caliber of competition, his game prep and coaching decisions looked so amateur last season. Some of the assistants are WAY over their heads.

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2019, 10:10:02 pm »

Almost?!?!
There are a number of posters that come on here, usually only on days when the program gets good news (Starkel today), and just keep that needle prick going with the “2-10, can’t coach” mantra.

All they ever prove is that that’s all they can think of to say. They’re like a man who uses 20 curse words a minute due to only having a tiny vocabulary. In short, they’re so stupid they just can’t think of any other angles to take.

jhogg

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2019, 10:11:44 pm »

Ignorant “fans” will always be Ignorant “fans”.
agree with you 100%

Porkys Revenge

widespreadsooie

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2019, 10:13:30 pm »

It's not easy to disagree with your sentiment. Results are results, but I can't figure out how you're not optimistic. Recruiting is highest level maybe ever and it's absolutely stunning how many Bielema kids he was able to get out of the door in one year.

Formula Hog

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2019, 10:14:25 pm »

Bash me all you want, but when CCM looks just as bad next season, no matter what players he gets, don't make excuses for him.

widespreadsooie

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2019, 10:15:30 pm »

Point being, it's obvious he's working his ass off. Normally a good thing when you can see it and not inferring it.

theFlyingHog

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2019, 10:15:37 pm »

I'm happy with the recruiting, I hope it can continue. But for the caliber of competition, his game prep and coaching decisions looked so amateur last season. Some of the assistants are WAY over their heads.
What game decisions specifically do you have as examples? Specific instances of Les Miles-type clock management? Kicking FGs from the 2 on 3rd down? I’m very interested. I bet there’s lots of YouTube videos you can link to prove your point as well.

jgphillips3

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Where are they now the little people of Stonehenge
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2019, 10:17:32 pm »

Jimmies and Joes.  I hope you enjoy this year because as he keeps adding talent you won’t be able to enjoy him getting “out-coached” for much longer.

31to6

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2019, 10:17:56 pm »

almost?

There are dudes here who would rather be right about their doom and gloom predictions than see the Hogs win.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2019, 10:20:01 pm »

Please explain to all of us in detail

1. What specifically he did wrong in his game preperations and what specifically he should have done differently.

2. Specifically what coaching decisions are you speaking of? What were the circumstances and what should he have done differently?

3. Specifically what assistants are WAY over their heads and why do you believe they are  WAY over their heads?

jkstock04

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2019, 10:22:20 pm »

What game decisions specifically do you have as examples? Specific instances of Les Miles-type clock management? Kicking FGs from the 2 on 3rd down? I’m very interested. I bet there’s lots of YouTube videos you can link to prove your point as well.
The punt/white flag vs Colorado State is something I'll never forget. The rest of it is a blur that I've purposefully blocked out...I'm sure there are other instances.

BUT, I'll reiterate that the team sucked so badly talent wise that specific coaching decisions like what you listed didn't amount to jack for the most part...my opinion. Bear Bryant in his prime wouldn't have coached that team to a win over North Texas.... complete talent mismatch. Thanks Bielema.

ThisTeetsTaken

• He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2019, 10:27:16 pm »

Please explain to all of us in detail

1. What specifically he did wrong in his game preperations and what specifically he should have done differently.

2. Specifically what coaching decisions are you speaking of? What were the circumstances and what should he have done differently?

3. Specifically what assistants are WAY over their heads and why do you believe they are  WAY over their heads?
I’ll say this.  The team quit on him after the Ole Miss game.  That was the scariest part to me.  Also, when we had chances to “hammer down”, we did not.  Even when we had nothing to lose we stayed in the right lane.  Even if he thought the roster was completely void of talent he still should have won that Colorado St game.   I hope the incoming Jimmys and Joes give him the edge he needs.

247Hog

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2019, 10:37:08 pm »

Bash me all you want, but when CCM looks just as bad next season, no matter what players he gets, don't make excuses for him.

Damn it Gus, you had your chance to coach the Hogs. Stop laying the foundation for discord if CMM doesn't win big. We're still not hiring your ass.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2019, 10:38:08 pm »

The punt/white flag vs Colorado State is something I'll never forget. The rest of it is a blur that I've purposefully blocked out...I'm sure there are other instances.

BUT, I'll reiterate that the team sucked so badly talent wise that specific coaching decisions like what you listed didn't amount to jack for the most part...my opinion. Bear Bryant in his prime wouldn't have coached that team to a win over North Texas.... complete talent mismatch. Thanks Bielema.

Agreed. 4th and inches at the 50 when the running game had been money all night to me was a no brainer. He should have gone for it. The altitude got to us at the end.

diveplayon4thn20

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2019, 10:39:49 pm »

I d]n't realize N. Texas was so loaded with talent. Do they have a lot of players that started that are expected to be drafted? Not trying to be argumentative with anyone, but I am sure that the Hogs will send a lot more players to the NFL that started or contributed last year than N. Texas. Surely ole Bear Bryant could have mustered an upset of such a powerhouse team?

UnknownNobody

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2019, 10:53:13 pm »

I d]n't realize N. Texas was so loaded with talent. Do they have a lot of players that started that are expected to be drafted? Not trying to be argumentative with anyone, but I am sure that the Hogs will send a lot more players to the NFL that started or contributed last year than N. Texas. Surely ole Bear Bryant could have mustered an upset of such a powerhouse team?

They didn't however they played SMU under Morris the previous three years and knew how to scheme against the Offense. SMU beat UNT the three previous seasons and  54-32 the year before,  it could have been worse but Morris took his foot off the gas in the 4th qtr. Littrell was looking for payback and he got it.

sickboy

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2019, 10:54:26 pm »

31 to 6 your wrong.

I am sick of losing. Sick of it. I want those kids to win.They deserve it, and WE deserve it. We spend a lot of money to be fans and supporters.

Why we picked this guy is beyond me. So many other good coaches that are proven WINNERS that could recruit just as good. Instead we got a loser from SMU.

He’s literally recruiting better than anyone has recruited at Arkansas. After winning 2 games. You can knock him all you want for what transpired on the field last year, but there aren’t “so many” other proven winners out there that could do what he’s doing at Arkansas when it comes to recruiting.

But yeah, noted. You think he can’t coach.

majestic

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2019, 10:55:23 pm »

I always want the Hogs to win. I don't care who the coach is. I just don't think CCM is the guy to get it done here. I hope I'm wrong. 16-31 doesn't make me optimistic about his chances.

HogCzar1

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2019, 10:56:47 pm »

That's fair. But, if he shows substantial progress, then I hope you will be able to acknowledge that as well.

sowmonella

• You know I'm right.
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2019, 10:59:27 pm »

And my point is that he looks like a high school coach in college on game day. One that loses a lot. Which he is and does.

I doubt you'll be spewing this crap for very long on this board. Adios in advance.

The Hawgman

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2019, 10:59:35 pm »

Agreed. We need to win 4/5 games this season. I'm not convinced either way on Chad Morris....but I am convinced that squad last year was middle of the road/low end Sunbelt quality.

This season probably won't be much better, but we need to at least see what his guys he's bringing in can do. Personally I don't think he survives a 2/3 win season....he will be gone if that happens.
They will win six and a bowl game next year.
Pretty easy to see.

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2019, 11:18:22 pm »

It would take a pretty serious inbreed to not be able to see the dumpster fire Bert left us with. But yet, here they are, in this thread.

orvillesghost

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2019, 11:38:12 pm »

he has recruited well and i am going to give him the benefit of the doubt

the problem is, everyone else in the SEC West recruits well and we are still well behind most of them

Arkansas is always going to struggle to get above middle of the pack status in the SEC. Some of that is beyond  Morris or any coach's control. I just hope he can do his share. Time will tell.

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2019, 12:28:18 am »

This ain’t on CCM. We only had 9 olineman last year. Our best CB ran a 4.61 and a 4.69 at the combine. We had zero SEC level qb’s. Zero SEC receivers. One SEC linebacker. No free safety. Our best RB came in from juco. And we’ve processed 18 players that that were sun belt type talent since the beginning of the 2018 season.

This was more than an overhaul job. It was a burnt to the ashes and build a new foundation type of challenge.

LRHog

• Varsity
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2019, 12:48:24 am »

And against the best coach in college football history, with the worst talent level in the SEC ( If not the power 5, but that's clearly up for debate ), he put up the most points this season outside of the national champions.

Give the guy more than a year before you claim to have all the answers about what he's capable of. Idiot.

diveplayon4thn20

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2019, 01:42:13 am »

Quote from: UnknownNobody link=topic ;D=678159.msg11971573#msg11971573 date=1551761593
They didn't however they played SMU under Morris the previous three years and knew how to scheme against the Offense. SMU beat UNT the three previous seasons and  54-32 the year before,  it could have been worse but Morris took his foot off the gas in the 4th qtr. Littrell was looking for payback and he got it.

What you said makes sense, I can see how the factors you mentioned, and combine that with the Hogs coming into the game reeling from the Colorado St. game where the Hogs had such a terrible meltdown blowing a big lead in the 2nd half. Set up all the ingredients for a perfect storm, and N. Texas blew us away. Wasn't that N. Texas was more talented on paper, but they sure outplayed the Hogs in every facet of the game that day.
Rea

Al Boarland

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2019, 04:17:08 am »

he has recruited well and i am going to give him the benefit of the doubt

the problem is, everyone else in the SEC West recruits well and we are still well behind most of them

Arkansas is always going to struggle to get above middle of the pack status in the SEC. Some of that is beyond  Morris or any coach's control. I just hope he can do his share. Time will tell.

True, but he has added enough players to win 4/5 games and that will be enough for many. I even think he can get to a bowl this season if a few bounces go the right way.

Sow Lancelot

• Hogvillian
  • #NumquamDescedete!
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2019, 05:04:04 am »

Bash all you want, but if CCM wins 6 this season, no matter how “lost he looks”, you gonna take your crow?

Formula Hog

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2019, 05:24:39 am »

I will gladly eat any crow, and give the credit if it is due to him. Actually, I hope I am very wrong about CCM. But from the way he coached last season, it's gonna take more than some gimmick high school coaching job.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas