RB Sports Discussion > Monday Morning Quarterback

Gerald feels Razorbacks now buying in

Pages: (1/1)

Otis Kirk:

https://www.nwahomepage.com/sports/pig-trail-nation/dorian-gerald-feels-razorbacks-now-buying-in/1823640102

liljo:

Iíll be looking for him to be a force this year. Go Hogs!

Superhog1959:

Good interview. Thank you. A article like this gives me hope. I wont be predicting 8 wins in the fall, but stuff like this makes me feel better.

Dr. Starcs:

Facts donít care about feelings. Letís see some results lol

presidenthog:

--- Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 03, 2019, 09:55:41 am ---Facts donít care about feelings. Letís see some results lol

--- End quote ---

I wish the progenitor of that quote wasnt such an establishment wuss.

flagstaffhog:

Go HOGS Go!

wachhog:

Yep. You can blame the guys not buying last year on Fat Bert.

MuskogeeHogFan:

--- Quote from: wachhog on March 03, 2019, 07:10:47 pm ---Yep. You can blame the guys not buying last year on Fat Bert.

--- End quote ---

That's a convenient excuse, but not true. The leaders of the team have to get guys to buy-in to a new system/concept/focus, along with the coaching staff. Both groups failed to get that done last year. I suspect that Morris and Staff never expected this to be as big of a challenge as it turned out to be. Still, their error.

presidenthog:

--- Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 03, 2019, 08:06:36 pm ---That's a convenient excuse, but not true. The leaders of the team have to get guys to buy-in to a new system/concept/focus, along with the coaching staff. Both groups failed to get that done last year. I suspect that Morris and Staff never expected this to be as big of a challenge as it turned out to be. Still, their error.

--- End quote ---

They went 2-10 at smu. Im sure there was buy in issues there as well.

010HogFan:

--- Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 03, 2019, 08:06:36 pm ---That's a convenient excuse, but not true. The leaders of the team have to get guys to buy-in to a new system/concept/focus, along with the coaching staff. Both groups failed to get that done last year. I suspect that Morris and Staff never expected this to be as big of a challenge as it turned out to be. Still, their error.

--- End quote ---

nahh not really. it's just a big shift. every new staff has to deal with it and it's incredibly rare for it to go any other way than the way it did.

FullTiltBoogie416:

This helps give me at least a little bit of peace of mind.  Attitude and buy-in were definitely an issue towards the end of last season.  I think that a lot of people transferring out combined with bringing in a fresh new class who has a good relationship with the staff will make a difference.  Still going to be young, and we'll probably have our share of struggles on the field, but I don't expect it to be for lack of focus or effort.

jhogg:

time to move on from last season its in the past

Arthur pigby sellers.:

Remember everything is unicorns and rainbows until the first SEC game.

Redhogs:

--- Quote from: presidenthog on March 04, 2019, 07:49:56 am ---They went 2-10 at smu. Im sure there was buy in issues there as well.

--- End quote ---
Didn't they take over a 0-12 team? It's not like this bunch has ever walked into a happy situation. Let's see what they can do, we know Bert could not it, as a matter of fact he did the complete opposite. We know it all starts with recruiting, and under the circumstances they are flat killing it.

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version