• 10,269,566 Posts
• 407,545 Topics
• 23,310 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 247: Four-star QB Haynes King talks recent visits, upcoming trips (Hogs too)  (Read 7955 times)

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!

With the Wednesday release of the updated Top247 rankings, Haynes King is the new No. 1 quarterback in the state of Texas for the 2020 class. The Longview High School standout is ranked No. 43 overall in the new Top247, shooting him to No. 165 overall in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings.

The elder King has coached numerous recruits and is well-known in Texas high school football circles, so his familiarity with coaches such as McGuire, multiple TCU coaches, and Arkansas coaches Chad Morris and Jeff Traylor give the younger King obvious connections to those programs.

"I believe we're going up there (to Arkansas) March 9," King said. "They're pretty good. I've got a connection with them because of my dad, too, and I've known them pretty much my whole life, the same as coach McGuire and coach (Jarrett) Anderson at TCU. So we've got a pretty good connection there as well."

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Article/Four-star-QB-Haynes-King-talks-recent-visits-upcoming-trips-129585902

HOGINTENNESSEE

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Ryan Mallett: "I don't get nervous"

King wore 2 Razorback wrist bands during games last year.

https://m.imgur.com/a/Nd76FuD

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

pigzwillrise

• All-American Hogvillian
  • WOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Getting the #1 QB out of Texas would be huge and would really prove how beneficial Chad Morris background is in recruiting

The Hogfather

Getting the #1 QB out of Texas would be huge and would really prove how beneficial Chad Morris background is in recruiting

Would be YUGE!

PorkBilly

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Wow. How do you get him, Morris, and Shane Illingworth to Fayetteville? Do you take first two commits and move on to another position? These guys are recruiting at a level we have NEVER seen.

blu

Would be nice to see any of those 3 come up here.

The real Hogules

• My Hogs are bad ass!

I'd be interested in getting a look at CCM's recruiting board, to learn the pecking order for these 3 studs!

King Kong

Wow. How do you get him, Morris, and Shane Illingworth to Fayetteville? Do you take first two commits and move on to another position? These guys are recruiting at a level we have NEVER seen.

The answer is you donít. But hopefully we can land one of the top 2

ChicoHog

• RIP Glenn. You're "Already Gone" way too soon

The answer is you donít. But hopefully we can land one of the top 2
Once you get one then the other will move on to someone else.  QB is a position where the domino effect happens quickly.   

BigSexyHog

This will be interesting to watch as it plays out

247Hog

This will be interesting to watch as it plays out

Might come down to who will commit first and not take visits.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

I'd be interested in getting a look at CCM's recruiting board, to learn the pecking order for these 3 studs!

I'd like to have a look at that board for all positions on both sides of the ball as well as the details behind why they are focusing on those players and how they ranked them in any particular order.

I doubt regular folks will be seeing the inside honest scoop on any recruit early on.  But admit it would be fun and enlightening information to know.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

I doubt regular folks will be seeing the inside honest scoop on any recruit early on.  But admit it would be fun and enlightening information to know.

I'm not harboring any false hope of becoming a member of the inner circle anytime soon, but it would fun taking a look at that board and having a better understanding of their short and long term goals with regard to recruits.

Mike_e

• May the woo be with you

I'm not harboring any false hope of becoming a member of the inner circle anytime soon, but it would fun taking a look at that board and having a better understanding of their short and long term goals with regard to recruits.

The only way to break out of the SEC West is to beat bama and the only real way to do that is to have a really good team and then also have bigger, better WRs than bama has DBacks.

Say what you want about Freeze (no really, I do) but he did show the way to beat bama.

I'll bet that the Big Board has a lot of really good players and A LOT of big talented WRs.

ChicoHog

The only way to break out of the SEC West is to beat bama and the only real way to do that is to have a really good team and then also have bigger, better WRs than bama has DBacks.

Say what you want about Freeze (no really, I do) but he did show the way to beat bama.

I'll bet that the Big Board has a lot of really good players and A LOT of big talented WRs.
No doubt Mississippi had good receivers when they beat Bama but Tide also beat themselves with 5 turnovers one of the games and a fluke Rebels long TD pass that bounced the right way.  Mississippi was a decent team but they also got very lucky.  That's what it takes to beat Bama unless you have Clemson/Ohio St/UGA type talent. 

presidenthog

No doubt Mississippi had good receivers when they beat Bama but Tide also beat themselves with 5 turnovers one of the games and a fluke Rebels long TD pass that bounced the right way.  Mississippi was a decent team but they also got very lucky.  That's what it takes to beat Bama unless you have Clemson/Ohio St/UGA type talent.

They also got investigated by the NCAA for beating bama. There is a price for beating a blue blood.

liljo

• Hogvillian

They also got investigated by the NCAA for beating bama. There is a price for beating a blue blood.

Sounds just like American politics these days...

ChicoHog

The investigation had nothing to do with Bama except them recruiting guys illegally and of course Laremy Tunsil and his famous pre-draft day picture. 

presidenthog

The investigation had nothing to do with Bama except them recruiting guys illegally and of course Laremy Tunsil and his famous pre-draft day picture.

They were sniffing around already. Im sure a fee people with dirt got paid to drop it quite quickly after the tunsil ordeal. The REC signed the check, and ole miss lost a class or 2. Got killed by bama the next few years as well

Mike_e

• May the woo be with you

If you can't grab opportunity by the throat and drag it through the door when it knocks you'll be sitting at 2-10 forever.

Really good really big WRs help a lot.

redleg

• Hogvillian

Rivals doesn't seem to think much of King. On their site, he's a mid-tier 3 star, and is the #9 QB in Texas, behind Chandler Morris.
And I can't find where he is rated any higher than the #3 QB in Texas on 247Sports, when you search in the Player Rankings section.

Hawg Law 7

• Bench Warmer

Rivals doesn't seem to think much of King. On their site, he's a mid-tier 3 star, and is the #9 QB in Texas, behind Chandler Morris.
And I can't find where he is rated any higher than the #3 QB in Texas on 247Sports, when you search in the Player Rankings section.

He should get a big ratings bump from Rivals in their next update.  Also, you're probably seeing where King is the #3 QB in Texas according to the Composite rankings (which factors in Rivals).  He's the #1 QB in Texas based on the 247Spoorts (not Composite) ratings.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=TX

redleg

• Hogvillian

Got it. But according to 247Sports, he is also 100% likely to choose LSU. WTH?!

Hawg Law 7

• Bench Warmer

Got it. But according to 247Sports, he is also 100% likely to choose LSU. WTH?!

LSU is his supposedly his dream school, but they already have two 4* QBs committed in their 2020 class.  Plus, there are only 2 predictions so far.  It's still way too early in the recruiting process to give the CBs much weight.

Rock1

• Bench Warmer

King on far right.
https://twitter.com/hayden_h/status/1103330755407695873

Coach King is from Louisiana origianlly, but has been in Longview about 20 years now. The first 5-6 as asst and the rest as HC. Hayes was born in Texas I am pretty sure. I know the King family are LSU fans as most all born Louisianians are. King went to Northwestern State

Rivals is a far pitiful product for recruiting news and evaluations.

Oregon offered Today, think that is offer 20

Ark will be in this until the end, connections are to deep.

Con el Cerdos

King on far right.
https://twitter.com/hayden_h/status/1103330755407695873

Coach King is from Louisiana origianlly, but has been in Longview about 20 years now. The first 5-6 as asst and the rest as HC. Hayes was born in Texas I am pretty sure. I know the King family are LSU fans as most all born Louisianians are. King went to Northwestern State

Rivals is a far pitiful product for recruiting news and evaluations.

Oregon offered Today, think that is offer 20

Ark will be in this until the end, connections are to deep.

You're probably right, particularly if it works out that LSU is able to sign it's two commits. 

And I think, JMO, the connection would be between Haynes' dad and Jeff Traylor who coached at Gilmer for about 20 years, four or five as an assistant and fifteen as head coach.  Basically covering about the same time period that King has been at Longview.  Gilmer and Longview are about 15 miles apart.  At least logically they would be well acquainted.

I'm also sure that Coach King likely knew CM from all the years coaching in the same state.
But he and CM were in the same area of the state for only a couple years when CM was at Elysian Fields.

Hog Fan...DOH!

• Your site for Razorback news.

These are fun problems.

HogCzar1

Is he coming this weekend? I thought I saw where he said he was.

holeinthewall

• Hogvillian

Enos and  Miami just offered this kid also.

Of the schools that have offered King so far, he notes Baylor, Arkansas, Auburn, and TCU as the ones coming after him the hardest right now. King says he has no top group and will listen to pitches from any and all suitors. King also recently visited TCU for their Junior Day, and has planned visits to Arkansas on March 9th and Tennessee on March 10th. He anticipates coming to a decision before his senior season.

https://www.canesinsight.com/news/new-qb-offeree-king-speaks-on-um-enos.6185/

nwahogfan1

Lets hope our Coaches evaluation of what they want is better than the services because lets face it most of the time we will not get the highest ranked guys.  We must find the best who are suited for Fayetteville to work hard, stay out of trouble and be the very best they can be. 

presidenthog

Lets hope our Coaches evaluation of what they want is better than the services because lets face it most of the time we will not get the highest ranked guys.  We must find the best who are suited for Fayetteville to work hard, stay out of trouble and be the very best they can be.

Well you can overcome some of it by getting on kids hyper early. We seem to be doing that.

imtad16

King moves up a little more after his performance in Dallas. He is now a 247 96. I would be ok with Chandler Morris, but man I want this kid to be a Hog so bad.

https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-recruiting-rankings-updates-2020-129850564/

presidenthog

King moves up a little more after his performance in Dallas. He is now a 247 96. I would be ok with Chandler Morris, but man I want this kid to be a Hog so bad.

https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-recruiting-rankings-updates-2020-129850564/

Ya this kid is a stud, and morris got on him early

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.

he's a damn prototype

Rock1

• Bench Warmer

See King running back stretch (2nd leg)on longview's 4X100 winning relay team

https://twitter.com/hayden_h/status/1104159896436686848

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.

fastest white dude since matt jones if we pull dude.

Rock1

• Bench Warmer

#hammerdown

• Senior
  • Bring Back the Chrome Dome

Wow

UnknownNobody

Look at it this way. Deshaun Watson is considered the prototype for the Morris Offense. Watson was listed as 6'3 200 coming outta HS. King is listed as 6'3 185. Watson ran a 4.66 40 and had a SPARQ score of 98.6 King ran a 4.5 with a SPARQ of 96.3 Watson was a .97 4star and King is currently a .93 4star.

Very similar measurables all around and it appears King is #1 on our board.

Mo_Better_Hogs

• DE FENSE!! DE FENSE!!

Uh ohhhh, CONSPIRACY!!! (This time, a good one.)

Rock1

• Bench Warmer

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

https://twitter.com/haynes_king10/status/1104488268559802368

That would be a nice haul in terms of commitments. If we only landed 5 of the 9, who would you select? My #1 would be King. Who else?

AugustaHog

Crawford after Haynes.  We need bookend OTs seriously bad and heíd be a heck of a get.

PigPusher

• Just another day as a Hog!!!

Louder than words. Thanks Hog.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas