• 10,270,280 Posts
• 407,561 Topics
• 23,311 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A winning trend?  (Read 273 times)

heavylifting

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
A winning trend?
« on: March 01, 2019, 12:40:08 pm »

While glancing at the charts of yesterday's card at Oaklawn Park, I was struck by the fact that two races with large mutuel payouts were won by horses coming off wins earlier in this meet. In the third race, Marvella came off a maiden-breaking score to pay $38.80. Then, in the seventh race, Northern Trail (12-1) and Seven Nation Army (21-1) ran 1-2. These were the only horses on yesterday's card to be running back off wins at Oaklawn, yet they were widely overlooked by the wagering public.

So, who are today's candidates to continue this trend? Here you go --

2nd race -- Rapid Assent (12-1 ML)
6th race -- Silverado Road (12-1)
8th race -- Home Run Trick (6-1), Lighthawk (6-1) and Ship Stalker (20-1).

Note that Council Rules in the 7th race scratched.

oldman1015

Re: A winning trend?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 02:12:01 pm »

While glancing at the charts of yesterday's card at Oaklawn Park, I was struck by the fact that two races with large mutuel payouts were won by horses coming off wins earlier in this meet. In the third race, Marvella came off a maiden-breaking score to pay $38.80. Then, in the seventh race, Northern Trail (12-1) and Seven Nation Army (21-1) ran 1-2. These were the only horses on yesterday's card to be running back off wins at Oaklawn, yet they were widely overlooked by the wagering public.

Thanks, boxed the 1-7 in the 2nd and hit a nice exacta

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

holeinthewall

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: A winning trend?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 03:32:37 am »

Marvella split the 2 horses I had on my Pick 4 ticket to beat me. Northern Trail was 5-1 morning line earlier in the meet went off at like 13-1 when it won. I had it in my Pick 4 that day. 

Lighthawk damn near won yesterday.  Last head bob cost it the race.  Vic picked the horse on top yesterday.  Kiss of death lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas