RB Sports Discussion > Monday Morning Quarterback

Ty Storey to Western Kentucky

Pages: (1/1)

STLhawg:

So where did he end up?  If he hasn't found a place yet then maybe he can stick around and play RB here!  LOL

HawgFan4lyfe:

--- Quote from: STLhawg on February 25, 2019, 12:57:31 am ---So where did he end up?  If he hasn't found a place yet then maybe he can stick around and play RB here!  LOL

--- End quote ---
I don't think he has decided yet. Coaching staff said they still let him use their facilities to workout.

HenduHog:

--- Quote from: HawgFan4lyfe on February 25, 2019, 05:14:50 am ---I don't think he has decided yet. Coaching staff said they still let him use their facilities to workout.

--- End quote ---

What's to decide? How many schools are clamoring for his services?

King Kong:

--- Quote from: HenduHog on February 25, 2019, 07:28:28 am ---What's to decide? How many schools are clamoring for his services?

--- End quote ---

Schools that have reached out include FSU, GT, Louisville and Cal.  Now not all of those schools maybe of interest to him because he wants to play.

I assume he ends up a like a Western Kentucky

gmarv:

Wherever he goes I hope he does great. He was nothing but all hog like so many of us smalltown people of Arkansas are.

Wasn't there already a Ty Storey thread?

mj4president:

Although not the best QB we've seen...that kid has GRIT.

arthurhawgerelli:

--- Quote from: King Kong on February 25, 2019, 07:45:58 am ---Schools that have reached out include FSU, GT, Louisville and Cal.  Now not all of those schools maybe of interest to Th because he always to play.

--- End quote ---

I could see something like this happening. 

greenEGnHAWGS:

--- Quote from: gmarv on February 25, 2019, 08:16:16 am ---Wherever he goes I hope he does great. He was nothing but all hog like so many of us smalltown people of Arkansas are.

--- End quote ---

This should be EVERYONES mentality.

1highhog:

--- Quote from: STLhawg on February 25, 2019, 12:57:31 am ---So where did he end up?  If he hasn't found a place yet then maybe he can stick around and play RB here!  LOL

--- End quote ---

What are you laughing about?  I would have given my left nut to play for the Hogs and I simply didn't have the athletic ability to do so, many on this board would have loved to have played for the Razorbacks.  Ty grew up wanting to play for the Hogs and he did, and took more hits than he should have because of Bret Bielema never developing and Oline here to protect him.  Behind a great Oline, Ty would have been a serviceable QB in the SEC, but never a Star, but he still did something most of us here can only dream of doing. 

STLhawg:

--- Quote from: 1highhog on February 25, 2019, 02:24:56 pm ---What are you laughing about?

--- End quote ---
I was poking fun at our increasingly thin numbers at RB -- not laughing at Ty at all.  I was genuinely wondering where he was headed and wish him all the best!

gmarv:

--- Quote from: 1highhog on February 25, 2019, 02:24:56 pm ---What are you laughing about?  I would have given my left nut to play for the Hogs and I simply didn't have the athletic ability to do so, many on this board would have loved to have played for the Razorbacks.  Ty grew up wanting to play for the Hogs and he did, and took more hits than he should have because of Bret Bielema never developing and Oline here to protect him.  Behind a great Oline, Ty would have been a serviceable QB in the SEC, but never a Star, but he still did something most of us here can only dream of doing. 

--- End quote ---
Same goes for me (to small to slow) I would of went with my right nut thou being left handed and all.

woodrow hog call:

--- Quote from: avatar on February 25, 2019, 08:33:46 am ---Wasn't there already a Ty Storey thread?

--- End quote ---

Did you have trouble not posting in it too?

RyanMallettsEgo:

--- Quote from: King Kong on February 25, 2019, 07:45:58 am ---Schools that have reached out include FSU, GT, Louisville and Cal.  Now not all of those schools maybe of interest to him because he wants to play.

--- End quote ---

Good call.

https://twitter.com/wholehogsports/status/1100775424290897921

The Hawg Marshal:

Western Kentucky

https://twitter.com/tystorey4/status/1100772710819512321

Grizzlyfan:

Good luck to Ty Storey.  He showed flashes occasionally but for the most part just wasn't ready for the SEC.  And he took a beating on our behalf.  He should always be respected for that.

TXHog30:

--- Quote from: King Kong on February 25, 2019, 07:45:58 am ---Schools that have reached out include FSU, GT, Louisville and Cal.  Now not all of those schools maybe of interest to him because he wants to play.

--- End quote ---

2 days before the announcement... not bad my guy!

oldman1015:

Wish him nothing but the best.

gmarv:

Good for him.

Rudy Baylor:

Good luck Ty!

Bowling Green to Nashville and below is some God's country

King Kong:

--- Quote from: TXHog30 on February 27, 2019, 09:46:15 am ---2 days before the announcement... not bad my guy!

--- End quote ---

Iím here all week.

rzrbackhogfan:

--- Quote from: 1highhog on February 25, 2019, 02:24:56 pm ---What are you laughing about?  I would have given my left nut to play for the Hogs and I simply didn't have the athletic ability to do so, many on this board would have loved to have played for the Razorbacks.  Ty grew up wanting to play for the Hogs and he did, and took more hits than he should have because of Bret Bielema never developing and Oline here to protect him.  Behind a great Oline, Ty would have been a serviceable QB in the SEC, but never a Star, but he still did something most of us here can only dream of doing.

--- End quote ---

Definitely making light of our loss of RBs lately.  But as for Ty he did the best he could with the little he had to work with here.  I have no bad feelings for him and hope wherever he goes he is able to put up some good numbers.  He will always be a Razorback to me.

Hawggy_Style:

Does he play immediately? If so he might beat Arkansas in November.

Hogwild:

--- Quote from: Hawggy_Style on February 27, 2019, 02:29:47 pm ---Does he play immediately? If so he might beat Arkansas in November.

--- End quote ---

that would definitively qualify as a kick to the balls

synthartist69:

I wish him nothing but the best. He loved Arkansas with everything he had.

b501:

--- Quote from: Hawggy_Style on February 27, 2019, 02:29:47 pm ---Does he play immediately? If so he might beat Arkansas in November.

--- End quote ---

He had an SEC graduate patch on his jersey last season so I assume he can play immediately...

STLhawg:

--- Quote from: oldman1015 on February 27, 2019, 11:59:44 am ---Wish him nothing but the best.

--- End quote ---
I agree -- except for when WKU plays Arkansas next year!  :)

lstewart:

Good luck to Ty. Hope he does well. Looks like WKU has two experienced QB's coming back that both played some last year. So Ty probably won't earn the starting job showing up there this summer. But if he does, how's this for things getting worse for the current coaching staff? We struggle again next year, our new grad transfer QB is not lighting it up, Ty starts for WKY, comes to campus next November, and beats us, having a good game. Whew.... that could be uncomfortable for the staff.

Superhog1959:

--- End quote ---
It wouldn't surprise me at all with our luck for him to come in here and torch our D. Wouldn't that be a bummer.

lstewart:

If Ty lights us up next year in an upset, Morris will be about as popular as Mike Anderson is at the moment!

31to6:

--- Quote from: lstewart on February 28, 2019, 09:49:13 am ---If Ty lights us up next year in an upset, Morris will be about as popular as Mike Anderson is at the moment!

--- End quote ---
If we lose to WKY in year 2, *in November*, then Morris isn't the guy.

HogPharmer:

Losing to W. KY would suck next year. That would be back-to-back years of losses by directional schools with former Hogs on the teams... Talk about a kick to the nutz....

rhames:

If Morris loses any non conference game next year, which I don't think he will, he isn't the guy.

Superhog1959:

I think the first 4 games will be a tell. Last year a lot was said about a new system, player issues etc. This year there had better be visible improvement in organizational skills, player effort, fundamentals, and coaching. All of these other excuses will not float.
After the first 4 games there will either be optimism or disappointment in what we have seen. I think the spring game might be something to watch. If they look lost like last year, it could be another sickening year. I hope for improvement and success, but after 2-10 year its hard to get hopes up to much. I guess time will tell. 

kodiakisland:

--- End quote ---

Lighten up Francis.  He wasn't taking a swipe at Storey.  Try harder to not be offended.

1highhog:

--- Quote from: Superhog1959 on February 28, 2019, 10:20:00 am ---I think the first 4 games will be a tell. Last year a lot was said about a new system, player issues etc. This year there had better be visible improvement in organizational skills, player effort, fundamentals, and coaching. All of these other excuses will not float.
After the first 4 games there will either be optimism or disappointment in what we have seen. I think the spring game might be something to watch. If they look lost like last year, it could be another sickening year. I hope for improvement and success, but after 2-10 year its hard to get hopes up to much. I guess time will tell. 

--- End quote ---

I've been very vocal about giving this Coaching staff time to get their system in place as well as to weed out the bad apples that were here.  But I agree that in this coming season, our non conference games need to all be wins for me to buy in to what Morris is preaching.  Will it make his seat warm if he loses to one of them in year two?  Lol, no.  Only fools will think so.  Morris will get 4 years here.  But will there be disgruntled fans, most definitely.

jgphillips3:

Thereís a better chance Starkel leads us to victory over A&M than Ty leading Western Kentucky to a victory over us.  That said, I hope he does well at WKU.

psooie:

Is the WKU the homecoming game next season ?

RyanMallettsEgo:

--- Quote from: psooie on March 07, 2019, 09:13:48 am ---Is the WKU the homecoming game next season ?

--- End quote ---

I believe Mississippi State is this year's homecoming

PharmacistHog:

--- Quote from: rhames on February 28, 2019, 10:08:29 am ---If Morris loses any non conference game next year, which I don't think he will, he isn't the guy.

--- End quote ---

Con el Cerdos:

--- Quote from: 1highhog on March 05, 2019, 04:55:32 pm ---I've been very vocal about giving this Coaching staff time to get their system in place as well as to weed out the bad apples that were here.  But I agree that in this coming season, our non conference games need to all be wins for me to buy in to what Morris is preaching.  Will it make his seat warm if he loses to one of them in year two?  Lol, no.  Only fools will think so.  Morris will get 4 years here.  But will there be disgruntled fans, most definitely.

--- End quote ---

Agree completely.  Will get crazy 'round here if he loses any of the non-conference games in his second season.

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version