RB Sports Discussion > Monday Morning Quarterback

Dates for each of Arkansas' Spring Football practices plus TV Update

Pages: (1/1)

Otis Kirk:

https://www.nwahomepage.com/sports/pig-trail-nation/dates-for-arkansas-entire-spring-football-set-game-televised-by-espnu/1773701307

Andrew Hogfan:

I thought they were going to play the spring game in Little Rock every year.  No?  Last year was a one time thing?

factchecker:

--- Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on February 11, 2019, 09:20:43 pm ---I thought they were going to play the spring game in Little Rock every year.  No?  Last year was a one time thing?

--- End quote ---
every other year

HogFansReunited:

--- Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on February 11, 2019, 09:20:43 pm ---I thought they were going to play the spring game in Little Rock every year.  No?  Last year was a one time thing?

--- End quote ---

No, that was a one year thing. The Spring game is required to be on campus by the SEC. Last year the SEC office gave us permission to have it in Little Rock because of the construction going on at our home stadium.

HogFansReunited:

--- Quote from: factchecker on February 11, 2019, 09:21:22 pm ---every other year

--- End quote ---

Donít think this is correct but you typically know your stuff. I will try and find a link to the answer.

HogFansReunited:

According to this article you are correct, we will play the spring game in Little Rock every other year. I guess we already have permission from the SEC office to do this because I know we had to get a waiver last year.

https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/arkansas-announces-date-of-2019-red-white-game

FBREW000:

Every other year...

The year we don't have a game in LR at WMS, we have the spring game there...

nwahogfan1:

--- Quote from: FBREW000 on February 11, 2019, 09:36:16 pm ---Every other year...

The year we don't have a game in LR at WMS, we have the spring game there...

--- End quote ---
I think its every other year we do not play a SEC game in LR.  I think we will for now play a game in LR every year.

ricepig:

--- Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 03, 2019, 08:26:14 am ---I think its every other year we do not play a SEC game in LR.  I think we will for now play a game in LR every year.

--- End quote ---
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/may/17/razorbacks-war-memorial-extend-contract-through-20/

The new agreement, which runs through Dec. 31, 2024, includes concessions on both sides. Arkansas will play one game every other year in Little Rock - the regular-season finale Thanksgiving weekend against Missouri, a Southeastern Conference opponent - beginning in 2019, ending a practice of playing there annually that began when the stadium opened in 1948

sigpooie:

Cool. We should open the season with asu in LR. That's how it should be done. Fay in spring with a football and baseball game is a great weekend.

jusgtohogs:

--- Quote from: sigpooie on March 06, 2019, 07:23:27 am ---Cool. We should open the season with asu in LR...

--- End quote ---

Why would we want to play Arizona State each year as an opener?

SRV:

--- Quote from: jusgtohogs on March 06, 2019, 08:56:29 am ---Why would we want to play Arizona State each year as an opener?

--- End quote ---
Isn't it obvious? You play to win the game.
🤣

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version