• 10,268,591 Posts
• 407,524 Topics
• 23,309 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Super Bowl  (Read 3252 times)

lwillin

Re: Super Bowl
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2019, 08:45:45 pm »

I think this one is over.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2019, 08:48:37 pm »

A shame that hold was called.  Could have been a great finish. 

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

alohawg

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2019, 08:54:47 pm »

You know NE converts here and ballgame.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2019, 08:55:40 pm »

You know NE converts here and ballgame.

Game has been over.

LAHogfan123

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2019, 09:01:06 pm »

I hate the friggin Patriots.  :puke:

Besides all of this,,,,, what happened to the good ad agencies that used to know how to write great Super Bowl commercials?

factchecker

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2019, 09:07:51 pm »

The media.....   :puke:

hoglady

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2019, 09:10:33 pm »

Besides all of this,,,,, what happened to the good ad agencies that used to know how to write great Super Bowl commercials?

AWOL this year for sure.

Hogwild

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2019, 09:11:31 pm »

10th year in a row a Hog has played in the Super Bowl.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2019, 09:19:48 pm »

Never felt like watching a super bowl was a waste of time and felt frustrated I did it till this one.  Got the NFL trying to placate to the social justice warriors all afternoon.   Then a game which was a great defensive game and could have had a great finish turned on a hold on a center and ended in blah fashion. Commercials sucked mostly.  Bud Light made their point.

At least some Hogs won a Super Bowl.  And a certain team wasnít in it.  Could have been worse.

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2019, 09:20:48 pm »

10th year in a row a Hog has played in the Super Bowl.
A bunch of Razorbacks got rings tonight.

Congrats to Deatrich, Trey, Dan, and Cody.

Hoginsavga

• Senior
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2019, 09:23:15 pm »

I donít know how fast Edelman can run but I know what quickness and route running can do. Give me a receiver like him any day and especially on a Saturday or Sunday.

latrops

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2019, 09:27:46 pm »

Good question.  Dull game, mediocre at best half time show, lousy commercials....worst super bowl in my memory. 

I do know Budweiser doesn't use corn syrup, since they made sure to repeatedly let us know...so next time I choose beer based on nutrition, I will factor that into the equation.  :-\

Masshog

• Its coldern hell up here!!
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2019, 09:35:45 pm »

After watching Brady and coach for the last fifteen years (when I moved to New England)... I just hope and pray that someday Arkansas gets a coach/quarterback combination that work work as hard and are as dedicated as these two.   

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2019, 09:39:29 pm »

greenEGnHAWGS

• Another day in HV Paradise...
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2019, 09:40:04 pm »

Good question.  Dull game, mediocre at best half time show, lousy commercials....worst super bowl in my memory. 

I do know Budweiser doesn't use corn syrup, since they made sure to repeatedly let us know...so next time I choose beer based on nutrition, I will factor that into the equation.  :-\

I remembered the Ravens vs Giants SuperBowl where Dilfer was the QB, and I remember thinking that was the worst SB ever...but this one topped it. Commercials were awful. Game was boring. Halftime show was less than impressive. I wish I wouldíve stayed home and played CoD4...

latrops

« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2019, 09:46:28 pm »

Have to think Brees and the Saints, who were robbed by the terrible missed pass interference, would have gotten much more done on offense and forced a more balanced game.  The Rams offense was incredibly disappointing.  Pats defense deserves credit....both defenses played well, but the Rams lacked the experience and poise on offense to find a way.

hawkhawg

« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2019, 09:47:47 pm »

The Pats offensive line was amazing all post season.

Masshog

• Its coldern hell up here!!
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2019, 09:49:41 pm »

Have to think Brees and the Saints, who were robbed by the terrible missed pass interference, would have gotten much more done on offense and forced a more balanced game.  The Rams offense was incredibly disappointing.  Pats defense deserves credit....both defenses played well, but the Rams lacked the experience and poise on offense to find a way.
But the Rams defense....  Saints D.  Would have been a shootout.

Mo_Better_Hogs

• DE FENSE!! DE FENSE!!
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2019, 09:56:25 pm »

After watching Brady and coach for the last fifteen years (when I moved to New England)... I just hope and pray that someday Arkansas gets a coach/quarterback combination that work work as hard and are as dedicated as these two.   

Well, no matter how good our quarterback is, you're never gonna get 18+ seasons out of him. But I get your point.

This was a dud of a game, but consolation prize is Wise gets a ring, Flowers gets a second one.

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2019, 10:00:47 pm »

You know that the NFL as a whole was pretty mediocre this season when the weakest Patriots team won the Super Bowl (weakest out of the prior Patriots teams that won).

May be the best thing this past year/past season regarding the NFL is the upcoming Draft.

masbas3

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2019, 10:18:49 pm »

The Saints were robbed on that call for sure, but remember that the Chiefs were hosed just as bad in their game against the Patriots.

Hoggish

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2019, 10:19:41 pm »

A bunch of Razorbacks got rings tonight.

Congrats to Deatrich, Trey, Dan, and Cody.

Bret Beliema

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2019, 10:26:06 pm »

Bret Beliema
He's still collecting a check from us but he is a Hawkeye for life.

The rest are Razorbacks.

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2019, 10:27:10 pm »

That penalty is why the Pats excel in this era.  Canít touch Brady. Canít hit the receivers too hard.

Have you not been watching regular season football? That's how the game is called, college and pro..

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2019, 10:33:58 pm »

Cooks was open in the back on the endzone and Goof, I mean Goff waited too long to throw the ball giving the defense time to recover.

He had Reynolds wide open at the first down marker on 2nd and 22 and forced the ball into coverage deep for an incompletion. He was at midfield, could have run for awhile another time.

Then he threw up a punt intended for Cooks for the INT. The Rams had their chances, just couldn't hit the big play and I still think there is something wrong with Gurley. CJ Anderson wasn't able to do nearly as much tonight as he has been..

Swinelake

« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2019, 10:43:48 pm »

Well itís wverything wrong with the world in the Pats Owner, Coach , and QB or itís the team Stan Kroenke owns.  Tough choice

TDS must be an awful cross to bear.

Stewhog 11

« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2019, 10:45:37 pm »

But the Rams defense....  Saints D.  Would have been a shootout.

Saint's gave up fewer yards per game and points per game than the Rams this year. This was an ill informed post.

Swinelake

« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2019, 10:49:57 pm »

Nothing wrong honoring the military. Nothing wrong with making sure that this country fights for justice for ALL, not just the privileged.

God forbid we try and make sure the government doesn't needlessly kill it's own citizens. God forbid we hold sexual predators accountable.

This is called arguing to the extreme. Of course we don't want the former and do want the latter.

But we also want to have some space in our lives to sit back and enjoy some entertainment without being made to feel bad about everything. By making it all pervasive, they numb us to what needs to be changed. It's called compassion fatigue.

Hawgphat

« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2019, 11:05:28 pm »

I declined to watch or listen to ANY of the halftime hoopla.  It wasn't anywhere near my cup of tea.

I did not appreciate the blatant ":Politically Correct", heavily-politicized "Progressive" eulogies and "social justice"messaging.  I tuned in to watch the game.  I turned the channel during those propaganda segments.

My only real surprise was the anemic scoring total.  However, the game concluded to my liking, nevertheless.

hoglady

« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2019, 11:20:59 pm »

I kept thinking how much I would have liked to see Brady vs. Brees.
So I was disappointed going in.

New England was the better team tonight for sure.

I don't really get the Brady hate - I guess folks are just tired of them.
But man what a duo those 2 have made.
Just a great organization from the top down.

alohawg

« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2019, 01:54:56 am »

How New Orleans watched the SB.

Tejano Jawg

• Thank you Mike and Scotty.
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2019, 02:20:23 am »

I don't have any Brady-Belichick hate. I'd describe it more as fatigue. I figure whoever beats the Patriots deserves a W. But that doesn't happen often.

I'm happy for the Hogs though. I caught an ESPN radio interview with Wise after the game. Really pumped for him getting a ring.

HardCore

« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2019, 06:22:45 am »

The Saints were robbed on that call for sure, but remember that the Chiefs were hosed just as bad in their game against the Patriots.

That is correct.  Saints did get badly hosed on that single play, but the Chiefs were robbed over & over throughout the entire course of the game.  But, it did not get near the media coverage because it was more subtle.  The two truly deserving Super Bowl Teams sat at home and watched it on TV.

1highhog

• Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2019, 06:50:44 am »

That is correct.  Saints did get badly hosed on that single play, but the Chiefs were robbed over & over throughout the entire course of the game.  But, it did not get near the media coverage because it was more subtle.  The two truly deserving Super Bowl Teams sat at home and watched it on TV.

That's because the big boys wanted eyes  on the game and butts in the seats.  They got that with the Rams vs. the Patriots.  They felt like a smaller market team like the Chiefs wouldn't bring the interest like the Patriots would, now as far as the Saints, I personally think the Saints have a huge fan base, but it might be because I'm surrounded by a bunch of Swamp dwellers.

hoglady

« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2019, 06:56:31 am »

Cooks was open in the back on the endzone and Goof, I mean Goff waited too long to throw the ball giving the defense time to recover.

He had Reynolds wide open at the first down marker on 2nd and 22 and forced the ball into coverage deep for an incompletion. He was at midfield, could have run for awhile another time.

Then he threw up a punt intended for Cooks for the INT. The Rams had their chances, just couldn't hit the big play and I still think there is something wrong with Gurley. CJ Anderson wasn't able to do nearly as much tonight as he has been..

Looked like this game was way too big for Goff.

mj4president

« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2019, 08:24:19 am »

Two Former Hogs on the Patriots active roster: Trey Flowers and Deatrich Wise
Two on the Patriots Practice squad: Dan Skipper and Cody Hollister
Brandon Allen on the Rams Practice Squad.

Belichick seems to love former Hogs. 

Also, you could see a big step up in their D with Bret working with. His stuff just didn't work here.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2019, 08:53:55 am »

I don't have any Brady-Belichick hate. I'd describe it more as fatigue. I figure whoever beats the Patriots deserves a W. But that doesn't happen often.

I'm happy for the Hogs though. I caught an ESPN radio interview with Wise after the game. Really pumped for him getting a ring.

Kind of like watching Beat Bobby Flay , I told the wife the show was rigged and when I googled it he wins nearly 80+ percent of the time.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2019, 08:57:17 am »

after watching this game last night.. I realized two things about my Kansas City Chiefs.... They had an absolutely tremendous offense and an atrocious defense this year. They missed a huge opportunity this season.

311Hog

« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2019, 09:03:38 am »

a few things about this game stood out and i am still wondering and i may never get a decent answer.

1. WTH is wrong with Gurley.  This guy HAS to be injured otherwise it is the biggest punishment and/or stupid mistake in the history of the NFL.

2. Who knew the Pats OL was so good, i mean seriously they are the real MVP they probably faced the 2 best DL's in the game in successive games and they showed out both running the ball and in pass pro.

3. I am not a Pats fan but it was sort of refreshing to watch a team use "old school, fundamental" football to grind out a win did yall see some of the LB on FB collisions ? wow

Goff without Kupp and Gurley is not a guy who can carry a team in his 3rd year i am not sure anyone should have expected him to.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2019, 10:39:02 am »

Hating a team with more than one Hog player on it? Not sure thatís legal.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2019, 10:40:19 am »

Finally one for the good guys......of course I mean defense!

arkfan81

« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2019, 11:20:10 am »

Chiefs were robbed?

Donít line up offside and they win the game?!

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2019, 11:34:57 am »

after watching this game last night.. I realized two things about my Kansas City Chiefs.... They had an absolutely tremendous offense and an atrocious defense this year. They missed a huge opportunity this season.

If the Chiefs defense would have held their opponents to 25 each game this year they the would have been an undefeated Champion this year.

There was a total of 16 points scored in the Superbowl..  The Chiefs scored 40,51,31 against the Pats and Rams this year and lost all of them.. what does that tell you.. any defense at all and they win every game...

hoglady

« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2019, 12:12:59 pm »

That's because the big boys wanted eyes  on the game and butts in the seats.  They got that with the Rams vs. the Patriots.  They felt like a smaller market team like the Chiefs wouldn't bring the interest like the Patriots would, now as far as the Saints, I personally think the Saints have a huge fan base, but it might be because I'm surrounded by a bunch of Swamp dwellers.

The LA numbers for this game are not good according to the radio this morning - in fact LA numbers were below average for the Super Bowl with a 44.6 / the National average was 44.9 / the Boston market was 57.4.
And New Orleans followed through on the talk of boycotting the game with a 26.1 (down from 53 last year).

The NFL forgot - LA doesn't give a crap about the Rams.

Hawgphat

« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2019, 12:36:51 pm »

LA doesn't give a crap about the Rams.

WELL!! - - - - Apparently I DO have something in common with the folk in LA after all!!      :D

hoglady

« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2019, 12:48:35 pm »

What is wrong with folks??

I know many of you didn't like the halftime show - but dang Adam Levine is taking a beating - folks are pissed because he put on an "apolitical" half time show.

When did it become a REQUIREMENT for an entertainer to include political and social justice issues into their performance.

I appreciate that fact he left out the crap and just played his music.

311Hog

« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2019, 01:11:40 pm »

I know many of you didn't like the halftime show - but dang Adam Levine is taking a beating - folks are pissed because he put on an "apolitical" half time show.

When did it become a REQUIREMENT for an entertainer to include political and social justice issues into their performance.

i am with you on this, i am not a fan of M5 etc. but i didnt think anything of the show was bad a little corny perhaps but not bad.

I understand Travis Scott lied about what Kaep said, but Adam and M5 had nothing to do with that.

the Halftime show in pretty much every football game for the entire season is largely ignored until this one it is kind of stupid.

alohawg

« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2019, 01:12:05 pm »

At least it's clear where they need to improve. Do that and they take the place of the Pats next year in the AFC.

The Kig

• Hogville Heroes
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2019, 01:25:43 pm »

I don't think it's as much a function of creative AD agencies as it was the constant escalation of cost associated with running one of your ads during the Super Bowl.  Read somewhere that each 30 second ad costs $5.25M... and that's just to air it, not the ad agency fees, production and paying to have some celebrity appear in your commercial. 

My suspicion (just an opinion) is that companies have started to shift their advertising budgets to other avenues of reaching their target audiences.  Just like print ads are now essentially throwing money away, television commercials are going to have to evolve.  I record essentially everything I watch now.  Even for many live games, I will pause them at the beginning to build a enough buffer to skip commercials and halftime.   

LZH

« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2019, 07:22:03 pm »

I like M5, they have some killer tunes...."Makes Me Wonder" got my attention ten years ago.  And Levine has a great voice.  But last night's bit was pretty uninspired.

However, I am 100% in agreement that keeping it only about the music and staying out of this political statement BS was refreshing....like deciding not to do the press conference last week - kind of a big middle finger to the liberal Hollywood establishment without even saying a word.  Excellent.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas