• 10,402,104 Posts
• 411,132 Topics
• 23,498 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our football program finished at the bottom of the SEC. Will our BB team  (Read 1189 times)

nwahogfan1

finish there?    When was the last time both our BB and FB team did this?   Most of us have more hope with our fb team because it seems like Morris is recruiting better players.    Is MIKE giving us this hope for the future?  HOW?

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.
Re: Our football program finished at the bottom of the SEC. Will our BB team
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 09:22:08 am »

It's sad that it's even a possibility. Understandable for Chad Morris, but for Mike in his 8th year? Unacceptable.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hobhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 09:39:16 am »

He's a nice guy and never has had a losing season....

Letsroll1200

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 09:45:51 am »

Arkansas is 1-2 like 5 other teams in the SEC. 3 other teams have not won a game. Arkansas has been in every game with a chance to win. Make a big shot, get a stop and make free throws they're 3-0. We're closer to being at the Top of the SEC.

hobhog

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 09:57:23 am »

Arkansas is 1-2 like 5 other teams in the SEC. 3 other teams have not won a game. Arkansas has been in every game with a chance to win. Make a big shot, get a stop and make free throws they're 3-0. We're closer to being at the Top of the SEC.

I spit up some coffee on this one. Nice take.

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 10:04:17 am »

Dan gets that last dunk and gets absolutely hammered, blow a dang whistle and somehow Gafford makes his and-1 and we win.

sevenof400

• Is it too late to remember what was best in life?
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 10:24:44 am »

http://bfy.tw/LlgH

But only if you want the definitive answer!

sevenof400

• Is it too late to remember what was best in life?
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 10:27:49 am »

...and if you don't have time for that.....

cram224

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 12:39:47 pm »

If I had bought Amazon 15 years ago I would have been rich, but I didn't.

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 01:04:22 pm »

I figure we’ll finish around 11th in conference. 6-12 conference record feels about right. Makes for a 16-18 regular season.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 01:08:44 pm »

Stop. Basketball won’t. The league doesn’t have that horrific bottom feeder.  There is a lot of parity.  I still see the Hogs finishing above their 10th place prediction.   Ole Miss’ start though is one team we weren’t expecting.   UGa and their frontline will win some games too. 

Knot2brite

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 01:11:52 pm »

The sad part is that we need to go at least 5-4 on the road to make up for the two home losses we already have. Winning road games with a youthful team can be difficult. We could afford to lose one home game because we had won a road game to equal it out but you can’t lose home games. It is going to be a tough row to hoe for this group to finish .500 in the sec

TNhawgfan

• Jimmy G - A New Hope!
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 01:21:34 pm »

I figure we’ll finish around 11th in conference. 6-12 conference record feels about right. Makes for a 16-18 regular season.
That would take away one of hogville biggest excuses if it happens. What argument will be made if he's never had a losing season is taken away?

26.2Hog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • The future ain't what it used to be
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2019, 01:43:47 pm »

That would take away one of hogville biggest excuses if it happens. What argument will be made if he's never had a losing season is taken away?

"He's only had one losing season."

Tweeter

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2019, 02:43:56 pm »

Seriously why is the football program held to a different standard?  We need new blood in the basketball program. 

hobhog

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 03:09:49 pm »

Seriously why is the football program held to a different standard?  We need new blood in the basketball program.

Standards have definitely been lowered but we will see what HYs standard is soon if season plays out as one of MAs worst.

Tweeter

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2019, 08:00:40 pm »

Yeah.  Not sure what it takes to get things changed. 

hawgmasta

• All-American Hogvillian
  • I have to return some videotapes.
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 08:36:17 pm »

Yeah.  Not sure what it takes to get things changed.

I’m afraid that like others before me have said, that we’re most likely gonna have to wait for him to retire unless he has a couple losing seasons in a row.

hobhog

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2019, 06:18:52 pm »

I’m afraid that like others before me have said, that we’re most likely gonna have to wait for him to retire unless he has a couple losing seasons in a row.

Could happen. Meanwhile a transfer QB for football team that finished 2-10 is generating more interest in offseason than Hogs BB team in the middle of conference play.

Razors85

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2019, 08:25:14 pm »

Could happen. Meanwhile a transfer QB for football team that finished 2-10 is generating more interest in offseason than Hogs BB team in the middle of conference play.

For you maybe... For me this team is fun to watch. Name one game this year that we had ZERO chance of winning...

Expectations are fine and they have been elevated for sure. But who put them there? It wasn't Heath or Pelphrey. Just saying.

And before you beat whatever drum it is you have just know I was a Texas fan before I went to the U of A 😁. And missed this whole "we used to be good" thing you all have going

89ALUM

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2019, 09:03:07 pm »

Our BB team will be fine.  Like old Nolan was fond of sayin', "All sickness is not death."

My goodness, y'all need to relax.  Come down off the ledge.  We'll probably end up in the middle of the conference.  Not as good as we hoped, but not as bad as we feared.

Razors85

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2019, 09:18:05 pm »

Our BB team will be fine.  Like old Nolan was fond of sayin', "All sickness is not death."

My goodness, y'all need to relax.  Come down off the ledge.  We'll probably end up in the middle of the conference.  Not as good as we hoped, but not as bad as we feared.

No, you see that is apparently called apathy. Or you can even go by the motto, If you're not first you're last...

But many people forget

Ricky Bobby: Wait, Dad. Don’t you remember the time you told me “If you ain’t first, you’re last”?
Reese Bobby: Huh? What are you talking about, Son?
Ricky Bobby: That day at school.
Reese Bobby: Oh hell, Son, I was high that day. That doesn’t make any sense at all, you can be second, third, fourth… hell you can even be fifth.
Ricky Bobby: What? I’ve lived my whole life by that!

pigroots

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2019, 09:25:33 pm »

We're much closer to 0-3 than 3-0. We will be 1-3 tomorrow. We have lost 2 conference home games and 4 on the season. the time for moral victories in our BB program are long past.These are the cold hard facts

Razors85

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2019, 09:29:20 pm »

We're much closer to 0-3 than 3-0. We will be 1-3 tomorrow. We have lost 2 conference home games and 4 on the season. the time for moral victories in our BB program are long past.These are the cold hard facts

😁. We are closer to undefeated than not winning a game

Go Hogs

hobhog

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2019, 09:57:33 pm »

You wouldn't understand.....

89ALUM

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2019, 10:12:11 pm »

You wouldn't understand.....

I guess not.  I think they'll be fine.  Three games into the conference and some of you have them dead and buried.  Small sample size, huh?

89ALUM

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2019, 10:14:19 pm »

No, you see that is apparently called apathy. Or you can even go by the motto, If you're not first you're last...

Nope, apathy would be not caring about the record.  Which I do certainly care about, especially if they can get to the NIT and play a few more games to develop.

I'm definitely NOT apathetic about your avatar.  I'll rec the daylights out of that every day and twice on Sunday. 

moses_007

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Bring the Wood!
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2019, 10:59:46 pm »

Team is now playing like freshmen.  It played much better than that the first 5-6 games of the season.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2019, 11:00:29 pm »

Nope, apathy would be not caring about the record.  Which I do certainly care about, especially if they can get to the NIT and play a few more games to develop.

I'm definitely NOT apathetic about your avatar.  I'll rec the daylights out of that every day and twice on Sunday.
I wish it was 10-12 times bigger.

urkillnmesmalls

• Experience: You get it just after you needed it!
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2019, 12:18:23 am »

Team is now playing like freshmen.  It played much better than that the first 5-6 games of the season.

I think that's due to two things.  The opposition hasseen what Joe can do if he's left open, so they play right in his grill...and he's no threat to drive on anyone.  If he gets hit by a pinky, he bounces off and loses his dribble.  That effectively eliminated a potential weapon.  We haven't seen the same defensive intensity we saw to start the season.  I really feel like once Mike identified the starters, we saw the team lose their edge. 

I don't think Mike is doing a great job with who he has in the game at the same time.  We are pretty potent when we have Gafford, Chaney, Jones, and Joe on the floor.  We're just missing one cog in the wheel, and hopefully someone will emerge and we'll have a starting 5 that can play with about anyone.  From there...the bench has to step it up enough to at least get quality minutes to rest them. 

This team...does not have the scoring firepower to play the 40 fastest minutes.  Maybe in a year or two they will, but not now.  I think we would do better with a little slower pace, feeding Gafford, and playing more straight up man without all the trapping, and as much switching.  We get exposed by Gafford ending up out at the 3 point line on the switches, and we'll lose a lot more if that continues. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas