• 10,312,391 Posts
• 408,484 Topics
• 23,342 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WMT Class Action WTH?  (Read 614 times)

HawgWild

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Left lane, Hey!? Where’s my hammer?
WMT Class Action WTH?
« on: January 07, 2019, 05:30:32 pm »

Got info in the mail today, City of Pontiac General Employees'' Retirement System vs WMT. Anyone acquiring WMT stock from 12/8/11 - 4/20/12 is included in the settlement. Somebody have the Cliff Notes version on this for me? I hate reading these things.

TIA

HawgWild

Re: WMT Class Action WTH?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 04:00:30 pm »

OK, you guys either: 1) don't own WMT, 2) don't care, 3) like me, too lazy to read the class action paperwork, 4) combination of the aforementioned.

Here's the skinny: plaintiff has charged that WMT executives failed to disclose involvement in a multi-million $ bribery scheme with the Mexico subsidiary, Wal-Mart de Mexico in obtaining building permits. This was ultimately disclosed in a NY Times article. Because of this, WMT stock traded at "artificially inflated prices during the class period".

There's been proposed a $160 million settlement, minus attorney's fees, expenses, etc., for shares bought and/or sold during the class period. Estimate per share is $1.34 YMMV.

On another note, I also got a notice about a class action on the Experion Data Breach. You can file on-line, get 2 years of credit monitoring and $20 for your "documented time" dealing with this issue, or more if you want to do that.

Who says we need Tort reform?!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

ricepig

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 04:28:46 pm »

OK, you guys either: 1) don't own WMT, 2) don't care, 3) like me, too lazy to read the class action paperwork, 4) combination of the aforementioned.

Here's the skinny: plaintiff has charged that WMT executives failed to disclose involvement in a multi-million $ bribery scheme with the Mexico subsidiary, Wal-Mart de Mexico in obtaining building permits. This was ultimately disclosed in a NY Times article. Because of this, WMT stock traded at "artificially inflated prices during the class period".

There's been proposed a $160 million settlement, minus attorney's fees, expenses, etc., for shares bought and/or sold during the class period. Estimate per share is $1.34 YMMV.

On another note, I also got a notice about a class action on the Experion Data Breach. You can file on-line, get 2 years of credit monitoring and $20 for your "documented time" dealing with this issue, or more if you want to do that.

Who says we need Tort reform?!

I've got both WMT and WMMVF, but none bought in that span, so I didn't get any letter. I figure someone hacked your info when you signed up for the $20.....

majestic

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 04:52:24 pm »

I don't own enough to care. I briefly glanced over the letter today and then trashed it.

HawgWild

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 05:04:41 pm »

I've got both WMT and WMMVF, but none bought in that span, so I didn't get any letter. I figure someone hacked your info when you signed up for the $20.....

I DRIP my dividends so I did purchase some, not a lot for sure. The Experian offer was legit. All I had to give them was the Claim ID # from the card. They didn't ask for any sensitive information. Check it out if you dare ->http://www.expdatabreachsettlement.com/

I once got a $350 check from DeBeers as a class action for their manipulating the cost of diamonds.

ricepig

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 05:21:02 pm »

I DRIP my dividends so I did purchase some, not a lot for sure. The Experian offer was legit. All I had to give them was the Claim ID # from the card. They didn't ask for any sensitive information. Check it out if you dare ->http://www.expdatabreachsettlement.com/

I once got a $350 check from DeBeers as a class action for their manipulating the cost of diamonds.

I'd like to get back the $20k I paid for my ex's ring, I'll forego the earrings, tennis braclets, watches, pendants, etc.......I figure Debeers screwed out of some of it too!

majestic

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 05:39:37 pm »

I DRIP my dividends so I did purchase some, not a lot for sure.
Same. That's why I filed the notice where I did.

notKarma

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 09:43:02 am »

I don't own enough to care. I briefly glanced over the letter today and then trashed it.
If you own even 100 shares, that's about $134. Not nothing for filling out a form.

HawgWild

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 01:55:59 pm »

Chump change for many I guess. I never try to leave money on the table. I've picked up change all my life. It adds up.

HawgWild

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 09:28:44 am »

Saw on this morning's business news where Wal Mart settled for $150 million. The check's in the mail.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 04:58:42 am »

Saw on this morning's business news where Wal Mart settled for $150 million. The check's in the mail.

They should have donated that 150 to our coaching buyout and search fund.  Them ass holes. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas