• 10,227,471 Posts
• 406,708 Topics
• 23,288 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Chandler Morris  (Read 10622 times)

Tick Hog

Re: Chandler Morris
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 10:46:20 pm »

Those season stats are pretty amazing. I wish nothing but the best for Chandler

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

247Hog

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 10:56:07 pm »

"This was Morris’s first year as the starting quarterback, and he finished with 4,055 yards, 46 touchdowns and only six interceptions."

Wow, i'd be willing to bet if his name was anything but Morris, everyone would be saying what a stud he is and how much they hope we could land this kid. Unfortunately those will a personal vendetta against coach will not be able to give the kid credit...because his last name is Morris.

Congrats to Chandler and HP for a great season!

liljo

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 11:46:35 pm »

Man I hope we get him. There’d be some unusual dynamics with his dad as coach but some around here that have seen him play say he can make all the throws.

presidenthog

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 12:45:26 am »

Im ready for his highlight film to come out.

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 04:45:58 am »

"This was Morris’s first year as the starting quarterback, and he finished with 4,055 yards, 46 touchdowns and only six interceptions."

Wow, i'd be willing to bet if his name was anything but Morris, everyone would be saying what a stud he is and how much they hope we could land this kid. Unfortunately those will a personal vendetta against coach will not be able to give the kid credit...because his last name is Morris.

yes, his highlights are great, and no doubt he has the tools, but a stud should be bigger than a mouse fart, lol.

farmhawg

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 06:40:08 am »

If he comes here and plays great or sits the bench, it would still be a win. I would imagine he wants to coach so we would benefit from the connection.

marshog

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 06:55:47 am »

Kids going to Missouri it’s a lock

Hogtality

• Band Nerd
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 09:10:27 am »

yes, his highlights are great, and no doubt he has the tools, but a stud should be bigger than a mouse fart, lol.

Lol when did 6ft become small.  Some kids tend to gain height between their junior and senior.  It's this crazy new phenomenon called growing.  Also, that little fart is apparently good enough to get offers from Auburn, Clemson, and Oklahoma.

masbas3

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2018, 09:31:49 am »

Lol when did 6ft become small.  Some kids tend to gain height between their junior and senior.  It's this crazy new phenomenon called growing.  Also, that little fart is apparently good enough to get offers from Auburn, Clemson, and Oklahoma.

Yep, one of the best of all time QB's in the NFL is only 5'11", even though they give him credit as a 6 footer. 

greenEGnHAWGS

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Another day in HV Paradise...
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2018, 09:34:06 am »

I’d assume that he’d understand CCMs offensive philosophy better than most also.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2018, 10:09:27 am »

Interesting take...

His dad is INCREASING his recruiting profile imo. How else would the kid have a Clemson offer as an unranked, then later 3 star QB with zero starts under his belt? Then an Auburn and Oklahoma offer, too. Im so confused rn.

Anyway, the kid is a mid level 3-star with crazy good stats and we should be able to get him without even using a scholly perhaps. No-Brainer.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2018, 10:10:25 am »

Yep, one of the best of all time QB's in the NFL is only 5'11", even though they give him credit as a 6 footer.
1  out of a million. if he doesnt grow another 3-5 inches, it means he'll always be a 3*.

oldhawg

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2018, 12:07:20 pm »

No reason for CCM to be traveling to watch this kid play ever...

Do you think that Morris has eyes only on his son when he attends those games?  My guess is that he has researched not only the other players on his son's team, but also players on the opposing teams that may be potential Razorback recruits.

I know that NCAA rules prevent him from recruiting these players after a game, but incidental contact between coaches and players at games occurs routinely.  I would guess that Morris is smart enough to take full advantage of his attendance to his son's games to at least lay a Razorback imprint in their minds. Nothing wrong with the power of suggestion.

Dominicanhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2018, 12:39:17 pm »

Do you think that Morris has eyes only on his son when he attends those games?  My guess is that he has researched not only the other players on his son's team, but also players on the opposing teams that may be potential Razorback recruits.

I know that NCAA rules prevent him from recruiting these players after a game, but incidental contact between coaches and players at games occurs routinely.  I would guess that Morris is smart enough to take full advantage of his attendance to his son's games to at least lay a Razorback imprint in their minds. Nothing wrong with the power of suggestion.

showing up in a helicopter leaves an imprint..

oldhawg

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2018, 12:50:00 pm »

showing up in a helicopter leaves an imprint..

Haven't heard much about the "Porkchopper" this year.  Is Morris using it?

Con el Cerdos

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 01:20:27 pm »

You're 100% correct.  Watched on telly and the announcers mentioned CCM more than once and also named two or three players that played Saturday, having Arkansas offers.

Con el Cerdos

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2018, 02:04:18 pm »

Im ready for his highlight film to come out.

Only one game, John Tyler, but you can get some idea of what the young man can do.

https://247sports.com/Player/Chandler-Morris-46040236/Videos/
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 03:34:43 pm by Con el Cerdos »

Con el Cerdos

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2018, 03:31:57 pm »

1  out of a million. if he doesnt grow another 3-5 inches, it means he'll always be a 3*.

He is no doubt a very good high school QB.  But yeah, if Chandler doesn't gain an inch or two in height and get his weight up a bit, IMO, he'll have a difficult time staying healthy in the SEC, or the ACC for that matter.  The safeties, LBers and DL, particularly, in the SEC are too quick and fast, and they will strike you. 

I know he has time, (another year) to grow but, Chandler appeared to be a good inch shorter than Kyler Murray, who is reportedly 5' 11", as they stood shoulder to shoulder Saturday at the awards ceremony.  And dang, he looks thin.

Con el Cerdos

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2018, 04:42:39 pm »

When 6'4" to 6'6" DEs and DTs, with 9' wingspan became common with the elite teams in the SEC.  Only fudging a little with the 9' wingspan.

SemperFi

• The new era of Hog dominance kicks off in 2019
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2018, 05:58:47 pm »

Cannon for an arm, extremely mobile, massive stats, awarded MVP and only a junior in HS and we have folks that don’t want him. Typical friggin’ Hogville. The kid will grow....let the coaches recruit.

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2018, 06:11:17 pm »

Man I hope we get him. There’d be some unusual dynamics with his dad as coach but some around here that have seen him play say he can make all the throws.

Having seen this kid's tape, I can tell you he has a very compact, quick release, no windup like so many HS QBs and the ball seems to jump out of his hand.

He is accurate, and can make all the throws. He will need to get bigger and stronger to start in the SEC, surely there is a plan for that.

If the kid's name was Morris Chandler or Morris the Cat, people on here would be salivating to get him.

If he comes here and starts, many of the same fans will say any time he throws an incomplete pass, let alone an INT: "he's only starting because of his last name."

Where have we heard THAT before? He had better excel from the get-go if he comes here or the Morris' lives will be made miserable..

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2018, 06:14:02 pm »

When 6'4" to 6'6" DEs and DTs, with 9' wingspan became common with the elite teams in the SEC.  Only fudging a little with the 9' wingspan.

Drew Brees, Russell Wilson and Baker Mayfield say "Hi!"

Not saying Chandler will be THAT good, but what is the wingspan of the defenders in THEIR league?

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2018, 06:21:12 pm »

No reason for CCM to be traveling to watch this kid play ever...
You do realize that when he watches his son play, he also gets to watch some of Texas' better players . We get free recruiting trips by our head coach, it's a win/ win for us and he is keeping a high profile among Texas coaches whom he can visit with after the game

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2018, 06:32:45 pm »

Drew Brees, Russell Wilson and Baker Mayfield say "Hi!"

Not saying Chandler will be THAT good, but what is the wingspan of the defenders in THEIR league?
nope we don't want any of those guys . not hogville size approved . we need a 6'7 guy like a Cole Kelley , Oh wait how did that go.

ricepig

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2018, 06:34:25 pm »

Cannon for an arm, extremely mobile, massive stats, awarded MVP and only a junior in HS and we have folks that don’t want him. Typical friggin’ Hogville. The kid will grow....let the coaches recruit.

I'd say accurate arm with a very quick release, I wouldn't call it a cannon. The King kid from Longview has a stronger arm, but not as accurate.

TexHog188

• Touchdown Arkansas!
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2018, 06:52:28 pm »

Accurate and plenty strong with great deep touch.

HogNTX

• Varsity
  • Spending time in my Hog Oasis
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2018, 06:59:24 pm »

I’d take the kid in an instant if he wants to come here. He made good decisions and threw some great balls in that state championship game. He’s mobile enough to be a real threat as well.

I watched him a lot during that game... even when he wasn’t on the field playing... here’s my takeaway.

B+ Arm
A Accuracy
A- mobility
A+ decision making and game awareness
A+ leadership

I hope he commits to us and does so early.

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2018, 08:41:35 pm »

Tell that to Mason Fine

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2018, 08:51:32 pm »

The kid's got intangibles. Lot's of em

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2018, 12:42:04 am »

175 is small and I never stated he wasn't good enough, just that he was small....by SEC standards when it comes to surviving an alabama blitz

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2018, 12:43:59 am »

He is no doubt a very good high school QB.  But yeah, if Chandler doesn't gain an inch or two in height and get his weight up a bit, IMO, he'll have a difficult time staying healthy in the SEC, or the ACC for that matter.  The safeties, LBers and DL, particularly, in the SEC are too quick and fast, and they will strike you. 

I know he has time, (another year) to grow but, Chandler appeared to be a good inch shorter than Kyler Murray, who is reportedly 5' 11", as they stood shoulder to shoulder Saturday at the awards ceremony.  And dang, he looks thin.
this guy gets it.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2018, 01:55:19 pm »

this guy gets it.

That is the risks with running your QB.  I see good teams turn below average with a QB getting hurt.   So your better have good back ups waiting. 

I wonder with your offering at 3 good QBs if we have a pecking order which one we want more?  Who is 1A, 1B and 1C????

Hogbit

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2018, 03:52:24 pm »

Chupa had better numbers

ricepig

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2018, 03:57:12 pm »

Chupa had better numbers

Nope, not as a Jr.

theFlyingHog

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2018, 08:50:26 pm »

You say one in a million, I say there’s been more than a million born between them so maybe he’s the next one in a million. We’ll find out in five-ten years. Idrgaf

hawgdavis

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2018, 10:30:51 pm »

Wouldn’t that be sweet a father son duo winning a Natty. It would be awesome.

The Hawgman

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2018, 10:34:29 pm »

Kids going to Missouri it’s a lock
Wish they would put a minimum age to be on hogville

hawgdavis

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2018, 10:38:27 pm »

this guy gets it.

Yea Drew Breez said Hi. Dude is a stone cold killer. I’ll grant you there have not been many but the ones that make it are stone cold killers. Montana was not a tall QB right about 6’1”,  can’t believe I’m going to name this guy after Montana but Mike Vick was like 5’11” the old BC QB was 5’10” 5’11” had a pretty good career as well.

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2018, 03:06:42 am »

Yea Drew Breez said Hi. Dude is a stone cold killer. I’ll grant you there have not been many but the ones that make it are stone cold killers. Montana was not a tall QB right about 6’1”,  can’t believe I’m going to name this guy after Montana but Mike Vick was like 5’11” the old BC QB was 5’10” 5’11” had a pretty good career as well.
why are people hung up on his height?  I never mentioned his height, I made clear what my comment was about.

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2018, 09:28:39 am »

why are people hung up on his height?  I never mentioned his height, I made clear what my comment was about.

You said he was "small" that's why

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2018, 04:17:21 am »

You said he was "small" that's why
and 175 is small, for an SEC qb.....he will get murdered.

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2018, 06:01:58 am »

He's in the SEC? When did that happen?

Geez I feel Like Rip Van Winkle.
I remember him winning the championship in his high school division ,
being named MVP
as a junior in Tesax, went to sleep woke up
and voila he is in the SEC> sure hope he is playing for us.

Pork Twain

« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2018, 06:30:46 am »

Nobody ever matures in size between 16/17 and 20 either.  They are often called the "no growing years" be hogville experts

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2018, 07:43:25 am »

He's in the SEC? When did that happen?

Geez I feel Like Rip Van Winkle.
I remember him winning the championship in his high school division ,
being named MVP
as a junior in Tesax, went to sleep woke up
and voila he is in the SEC> sure hope he is playing for us.
don't be a dolt, the thread and any thread about him (other than his father visiting) is about his potential and coming to play for us.

you aren't that daft.....or are you??

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2018, 07:44:31 am »

Nobody ever matures in size between 16/17 and 20 either.  They are often called the "no growing years" be hogville experts
well, obviously, I was speaking in his current form.... I can't tell the future you know, other than what I already stated.

presidenthog

« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2018, 07:53:54 am »

Tq jackson shot up 3 inches his senior year, and probably added some weight as well. Doubt this happens for chandler.

Pork Twain

« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2018, 08:05:07 am »

Tq jackson shot up 3 inches his senior year, and probably added some weight as well. Doubt this happens for chandler.
Totally fake...  Whatever size you are at 16/17 is the size you will likely be the rest of your life.  ;)

ricepig

« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2018, 08:05:36 am »

I do to, given the statute of his parents, maybe his grandparents were taller......

Dominicanhog

« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2018, 08:25:40 am »

I do to, given the statute of his parents, maybe his grandparents were taller......

Do you think we take two in '20?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas