• 10,233,820 Posts
• 406,837 Topics
• 23,292 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Chargers Chiefs  (Read 983 times)

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
Chargers Chiefs
« on: December 13, 2018, 10:33:15 pm »

Always hard to win when you are having to compete against both the Chiefs and the Refs who have been undebatably one sided in favor of KC.

Great win for Rivers. With all injuries, it's going to be difficult to make a deep run in the playoffs, but that was a good game.

IMO, better than the Rams-Chiefs game for one simple reason. There was defense. That other game was good, no doubt, but it was only half a game. It's like watching a movie on mute. Can still be good, but not as good as having both.

cosmodrum

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Today, we are teaching poodles how to fly...
Re: Chargers Chiefs
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 11:45:41 pm »

Always hard to win when you are having to compete against both the Chiefs and the Refs who have been undebatably one sided in favor of KC.

Great win for Rivers. With all injuries, it's going to be difficult to make a deep run in the playoffs, but that was a good game.

IMO, better than the Rams-Chiefs game for one simple reason. There was defense. That other game was good, no doubt, but it was only half a game. It's like watching a movie on mute. Can still be good, but not as good as having both.

LOL the refs CLEARLY were in favor of the big market team. That, and our secondary is garbage and that's really an insult to garbage. We went from clinching the West and having home field to a wild card one-and-done. Congrats to Goodell.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hawgmasta

• All-American Hogvillian
  • I have to return some videotapes.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 11:50:40 pm »

Was nice seeing Philon grab that sack late in the game even if he claims some Mobile, AL high school  ;)

Dr. Starcs

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 07:18:59 am »

I canít be reading this box score right. I know the Chiefs and Messiah Mahomes didnít blow a 14 point lead with 4 minutes left.

311Hog

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 09:38:07 am »

damn good game.  I am actually pulling for Rivers the guy is probably a HOF'r at least 1 ring would solidify that.

cosmodrum

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 10:56:35 am »

I canít be reading this box score right. I know the Chiefs and Messiah Mahomes didnít blow a 14 point lead with 4 minutes left.

Bob Sutton and that garbage secondary blew the game. We are a one-and-done wild card team now. You can't win playoff games with that sort of pathetic defense.

Dr. Starcs

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 12:01:35 pm »

I donít know cosmo. I still think youíll be a very tough out in the postseason.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 12:06:55 pm »

Absolutely they will be a tough out anytime, even with all the injuries and loss of Hunt.  Defense will have to play it's best to go far. 

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 12:09:44 pm »

Chiefs win out and they are still the one seed. Chiefs gotta get healthy... thats the biggest concern right now. People are quick to mention the chargers missing guys... chiefs were missing plenty also.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 12:12:09 pm »

Chiefs win out and they are still the one seed. Chiefs gotta get healthy... thats the biggest concern right now. People are quick to mention the chargers missing guys... chiefs were missing plenty also.

Exactly, beat Seattle then kill the Raiders at home.. we will be in as good a spot as you can be.  Injuries as you mentioned are a serious issue right now for the Chiefs, good to see Mitch Morse back in at center....

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 12:59:50 pm »

Exactly, beat Seattle then kill the Raiders at home.. we will be in as good a spot as you can be.  Injuries as you mentioned are a serious issue right now for the Chiefs, good to see Mitch Morse back in at center....
We need Watkins back healthy. And gotta get Cam Erving back on the line. Sure was good to see Berry back. He wasnt great last night.. But the defense looked a lot more comfortable with him on the field than off of it.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2018, 01:02:39 pm »

We need Watkins back healthy. And gotta get Cam Erving back on the line. Sure was good to see Berry back. He wasnt great last night.. But the defense looked a lot more comfortable with him on the field than off of it.

All True, Also need Spencer Ware back.  Although I like the third stringers we got..  ;)

EastexHawg

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2018, 07:03:52 pm »

I'm camping and didn't get to watch.  Was Mahomes playing defense?

cosmodrum

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2018, 07:25:53 pm »

Not a small market team with a dogshit defense. And our best corner (Fuller, who isn't that good anyway) has to have surgery

cosmodrum

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2018, 07:34:46 pm »

He should have

Dr. Starcs

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2018, 08:50:20 pm »

Donít know. Didnít watch either. He probably was the one that intercepted Rivers twice though.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 09:11:59 pm by Dr. Starcs »

Dr. Starcs

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2018, 09:09:14 pm »

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2018, 02:28:51 pm »

LOL the refs CLEARLY were in favor of the big market team. That, and our secondary is garbage and that's really an insult to garbage. We went from clinching the West and having home field to a wild card one-and-done. Congrats to Goodell.

Um, no, the refs favored the media favorite chiefs rather than the team that doesn't even have a fan base right now because their owner relocated the team to a new city for no good reason. There were bad calls on both sides for sure, but for every bad call that went against the chiefs, there were two that went against the chargers easily.

Also, you do still realize that KC leads the division, right? You didn't clinch the division yet, but if the season ended this week, Chargers are still the wildcard.

EastexHawg

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2018, 04:17:41 pm »

Not a small market team with a dogshit defense. And our best corner (Fuller, who isn't that good anyway) has to have surgery

Here's what you need to know about the Chiefs' defense as it relates to the rest of the league.  In their three losses KC has scored 40, 51, and 28 points.  If the Cowboys had scored at least 28 points in every game they would be 13-0.

Especially with Kareem Hunt gone from the team and his pedestrian backup also out of the lineup Reid knows that he needs more than a game manager QB.  Put Alex Smith back in this lineup and the Chiefs are a middle of the pack team.  Unless Mahomes goes off big time in every game they may be that right now.

Dr. Starcs

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 05:00:31 pm »

Here's what you need to know about the Chiefs' defense as it relates to the rest of the league.  In their three losses KC has scored 40, 51, and 28 points.  If the Cowboys had scored at least 28 points in every game they would be 13-0.

Especially with Kareem Hunt gone from the team and his pedestrian backup also out of the lineup Reid knows that he needs more than a game manager QB.  Put Alex Smith back in this lineup and the Chiefs are a middle of the pack team.  Unless Mahomes goes off big time in every game they may be that right now.

He said something about the cowboys? 

EastexHawg

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2018, 07:47:38 pm »

He said something about the cowboys? 

No, I did.  I said it's a lot easier to win games when you don't have to score between 30 and 55 points to do it. 

Actually that's not exactly what I said, but that is the point. 

Kansas City has one of the worst defenses in the league.  That usually means one of the worst records.  In fact, the four teams behind them in points allowed are 5-8, 4-9, 3-10, and 5-8.  The Chiefs are 11-3 only because they have scored enough to make up for that crappy defense.

Dr. Starcs

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2018, 09:00:55 pm »

No, I did.  I said it's a lot easier to win games when you don't have to score between 30 and 55 points to do it. 

Actually that's not exactly what I said, but that is the point. 

Kansas City has one of the worst defenses in the league.  That usually means one of the worst records.  In fact, the four teams behind them in points allowed are 5-8, 4-9, 3-10, and 5-8.  The Chiefs are 11-3 only because they have scored enough to make up for that crappy defense.

Oh I agree with you. Their defense is awful.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2018, 09:29:18 am »

Um, no, the refs favored the media favorite chiefs rather than the team that doesn't even have a fan base right now because their owner relocated the team to a new city for no good reason. There were bad calls on both sides for sure, but for every bad call that went against the chiefs, there were two that went against the chargers easily.

Also, you do still realize that KC leads the division, right? You didn't clinch the division yet, but if the season ended this week, Chargers are still the wildcard.
stop it...lol...

cosmodrum

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2018, 12:18:26 pm »

of course i realize that. I'm saying this defense will get us beat in seattle and Chargers will win the division and we will be a one-and-done in the playoffs because we don't get to play the Bengals or Cardinals in the post-season. we will play good teams that will score at will on that joke of a defense we put on the field.

The NFL WANTS the Chargers to succeed because they are now in LA. They want 2 big market teams in the SB.

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2018, 10:17:08 pm »

of course i realize that. I'm saying this defense will get us beat in seattle and Chargers will win the division and we will be a one-and-done in the playoffs because we don't get to play the Bengals or Cardinals in the post-season. we will play good teams that will score at will on that joke of a defense we put on the field.

The NFL WANTS the Chargers to succeed because they are now in LA. They want 2 big market teams in the SB.

Most teams get beat in Seattle. However, Chiefs still control their own destiny. All they have to do is beat a terrible 4-11 Oakland team, at home (the 2nd toughest home crowd to play against behind Seattle...) and they lock in home field advantage throughout the playoffs and a first round bye. If they lose to the raiders of all teams, then I'm sorry mate, but they deserve to be one and done in the playoffs.

Barring extremely self inflicted wounds and losing to Oakland, there's a good chance they'll face Indy who they should beat and if Houston does win, they'll face the chargers a third time on their turf. Which won't be an easy game, but it isn't a game that should be too tough to overcome either. Should be an exciting playoff game.

As for what the NFL wants, they screw the chargers over a lot historically. As for this game? How about that helmet to helmet on Rivers? Clearly a penalty, and one that refs throw 99.9999999% of the time, and probably another 50% when it shouldn't be thrown. This time? Nada. You think the DPI was a bad call? That ball was catchable and he didn't merely "brush" the arm of the receiver. That sort of play usually gets a flag about 60-70% of the time. There's certainly plenty of similar plays that don't get flags, but it gets called more often than not. Lastly, as for the no flag on pushing-off? An oklahoman noodler can count on one hand how many times a season that flag gets thrown. Last second td throws almost never get flags for things that earlier in the game would have been flagged. And OPI in general is much rarer than DPI in terms of getting flagged. Same way there's often holding on many plays that never gets called.

Was that technically a penalty? Of course. Was a flag not thrown because of who the team was? No. That could have been the browns vs the patriots and the browns wouldn't have been flagged even to protect the NFL's favorite team because refs virtually never throw that flag.

Chargers have been more snake bit of a team than the Chiefs even, largely wasting a future first round ballot HoF QB in Rivers. From injuries to second half double digit leads slipping away, to injuries, to more injuries, to bad officiating, people seem to forget that the Chargers with a good coach are a super bowl contender every year with Rivers.

cosmodrum

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2019, 03:37:27 pm »

Rivers vs Brees in the SB.

HiggiePiggy

• Hope...
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2019, 06:19:34 pm »

Brady vs Brees.

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Life as a Politics Mod....
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2019, 06:49:14 pm »

damn good game.  I am actually pulling for Rivers the guy is probably a HOF'r at least 1 ring would solidify that.

The only question is first ballot or not; the guy is going to retire in the Top 10 in every major statistical category.

HiggiePiggy

• Hope...
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2019, 06:58:58 pm »

The only question is first ballot or not; the guy is going to retire in the Top 10 in every major statistical category.

If it were baseball he probably wouldnít on first time.  I think he will on first time

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2019, 09:36:10 am »

Mahomes vs Goff again for the superbowl...

cosmodrum

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2019, 04:52:26 pm »

Mahomes vs Goff again for the superbowl...

Can't count out big dick Nick and the birds either.

Tommy

• Bench Warmer
  • You ever heard a Bobo? Well youís lookin at him
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2019, 03:34:39 pm »

Go Chiefs!

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2019, 04:08:51 pm »

14-0 Chiefs  1st qtr 4:14 lefr

Boarcephus

• Houston, hell no we ain't forgettin!!
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2019, 05:32:59 pm »

That was one of the dumbest penalties I've seen in years on the colts.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2019, 05:43:17 pm »

Chiefs will have to lay down big to lose this game...

Tommy

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2019, 06:27:25 pm »

Poor Vinaterre

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2019, 06:28:41 pm »

Poor Vinaterre

fyi, he ain't poor.  just saying.. :)

Tommy

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2019, 06:33:02 pm »

fyi, he ain't poor.  just saying.. :)

Heís Kicker Poor

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2019, 06:47:52 pm »

Heís Kicker Poor

Well, Chiefs just kicked his team down the hill..along with him.   ;)

He and his family will be just better than fine.

Tommy

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2019, 06:51:25 pm »

Iíd like to be kicker poor

Tommy

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2019, 06:52:14 pm »

So do we root for the rematch?

Dr. Starcs

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2019, 06:57:29 pm »

Chargers are the better team. Patriots have the pedigree.

I think kc beats either one.

goodguytex

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2019, 01:17:32 pm »

Chargers are the better team. Patriots have the pedigree.

I think kc beats either one.
If the chiefs defense that played yesterday shows up next week, they'll be in the super bowl. Bottom line.

Dr. Starcs

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2019, 01:31:12 pm »

My prediction of chargers going into Foxboro and getting the win is looking solid right now. Lol

I was on fire yesterday though lol. Iíll give my much anticipated predictions for next week later.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2019, 01:41:37 pm »

My prediction of chargers going into Foxboro and getting the win is looking solid right now. Lol

I was on fire yesterday though lol. Iíll give my much anticipated predictions for next week later.

Da Chargers are getting smoked...

Dr. Starcs

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2019, 01:44:35 pm »

Really an embarrassing performance. I think the patriots heard enough of people like me predicting their demise this week. Some were saying their entire dynasty is done.

I think I forgot how motivated that team would be after losing in the super bowl last year. They will for sure be a tough out, but the numbers and the homefield favor kc next week.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2019, 01:44:43 pm »

If the chiefs defense that played yesterday shows up next week, they'll be in the super bowl. Bottom line.

I agree, but the weather next week in KC is supposed to be worse than it was yesterday. 

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Life as a Politics Mod....
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2019, 02:09:34 pm »

Really an embarrassing performance. I think the patriots heard enough of people like me predicting their demise this week. Some were saying their entire dynasty is done.

I think I forgot how motivated that team would be after losing in the super bowl last year. They will for sure be a tough out, but the numbers and the homefield favor kc next week.

The Chargers just struggle with Brady.   He's been their Achilles Heel forever.  I think this makes them 0-7 or 0-8 vs. Brady.

EastexHawg

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2019, 02:50:12 pm »

Rivers has looked like a guy used to southern weather who is psyched out by the cold.  The whole Chargers team, actually.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2019, 03:40:55 pm »

Rivers has looked like a guy used to southern weather who is psyched out by the cold.  The whole Chargers team, actually.

Chargers just got punked by Big Bill and the Patriot playoff machine.  Cold had nothing to do with it. just sayin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas