Non Sports Forums > Help Forum

Site Issues

Pages: (1/1)

pigz:

Using my iPhone, every link I click opens a new tab and redirects to this type of page



sevenof400:

Are you using any type of adblocker app on your phone Pigz?



sevenof400:

I ask that because I too have noticed that surfing the web on my mobile devices seems to create / permit more situations were browser sessions become hijacked like you show in your illustration.  I use FireFox on my desktop and mobile devices.  I can only surmise I have been more diligent about using AdBlocking and anti virus software on my desktop than my mobile device. 

pigz:

Negative

HogCzar1:

This same thing happened on the Arkansas Democrat Gazette Sports site. They had to make some kind of adjustment to the site as it apparently got infected.  It was happening to users much like this. Cleaning cookies didnít help.

sevenof400:

Pigz,

I can't swear this will be the best solution, but you might want to at least run some sort of adblocking software on your cell phone.


pigz:


--- Quote from: sevenof400 on December 02, 2018, 04:14:33 pm ---Pigz,

I can't swear this will be the best solution, but you might want to at least run some sort of adblocking software on your cell phone.


--- End quote ---

I will give it a try

Lanny:

Seems to be on Mobile devices.  I'm working on it

pigz:

I did nothing yet, but it seems to be better this morning!

Pigs in Zen:


I just want to report that Iíve had zero problems this evening on any of my iOS or OSX devices though I still had the problem earlier today.

Also, as a courtesy to Lanny, I keep my ad aware turned off while on HV so I can click those ads and help defray the costs of keeping this site up. I know itís not much, but I do try to help in small ways. Everyone here should try if they feel compelled...

Thanks to whomever is fixing this, your customer service is light years ahead of Whole Hog Sports in terms of website infrastructure management. Itís greatly appreciated.

Lanny:


--- Quote from: Pigs in Zen on December 03, 2018, 11:06:08 pm ---I just want to report that Iíve had zero problems this evening on any of my iOS or OSX devices though I still had the problem earlier today.

Also, as a courtesy to Lanny, I keep my ad aware turned off while on HV so I can click those ads and help defray the costs of keeping this site up. I know itís not much, but I do try to help in small ways. Everyone here should try if they feel compelled...

Thanks to whomever is fixing this, your customer service is light years ahead of Whole Hog Sports in terms of website infrastructure management. Itís greatly appreciated.

--- End quote ---
Don't do that, keep the ads off and let me know if those popups make an appearance again

Pigs in Zen:


--- Quote from: Lanny on December 04, 2018, 07:42:40 am ---Don't do that, keep the ads off and let me know if those popups make an appearance again

--- End quote ---

Just to clarify my post, I always keep the ad aware off coming to this website to support it.

In summation, no ad aware engaged, alsoó no pop ups like I had over the weekend. Everything has been solid for me from yesterday afternoon til now. No new pop ups.

Thanks to everyone behind the scenes that having been working hard to resolve the issue. Your efforts are appreciated.

**Edited due to autocorrect changing a few words.

Lanny:


--- Quote from: Pigs in Zen on December 04, 2018, 01:50:17 pm ---Just to clarify my post, I always keep the ad aware off coming to this website to support it.

In summation, no ad aware engaged, alsoó no pop ups like I had over the weekend. Everything has been solid for me from yesterday afternoon til now. No new pop ups.

Thanks to everyone behind the scenes that having been working hard to resolve the issue. Your efforts are appreciated.

**Edited due to autocorrect changing a few words.

--- End quote ---
thanks

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version