Non Sports Forums > Help Forum

Search function?

Pages: (1/1)

hawgwash:

Is the search function not working?  I'm trying to find something, and I keep getting an error message that says, "Unable to access the search daemon".  I have no idea what that means, but I don't seem to be able to search anything.  Thanks.

FrozenHam:

I'm getting the same, Hawgwash.  Not working for me.

The OTR:

Coughlin's law.  Bury the dead.  They stink up the joint.

Don't go digging into the past.  Nothing good will come of it. 

hawgwash:

--- Quote from: FrozenHam on October 22, 2018, 04:59:59 pm ---I'm getting the same, Hawgwash.  Not working for me.

--- End quote ---
Thanks.  And for Skandar, there was a very old thread about a former Hog I know personally and was going to provide an update as I ran into him this weekend.  I think old timers would be interested.  The old thread had all the background on his unique story.

ricepig:

--- Quote from: Skandar Jackson on October 22, 2018, 05:03:02 pm ---Coughlin's law.  Bury the dead.  They stink up the joint.

Don't go digging into the past.  Nothing good will come of it. 

--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure Doug hid it in the Political Forum under the "Report to Moderator" button, just use that .

TebowHater:

Search has been down for over a year. The admins are aware, as Doug has responded to my posts about it a couple times, but they have had other [justifiably] higher priorities

wildhogman:

--- Quote from: hawgwash on October 22, 2018, 04:02:58 pm ---Is the search function not working?  I'm trying to find something, and I keep getting an error message that says, "Unable to access the search daemon".  I have no idea what that means, but I don't seem to be able to search anything.  Thanks.

--- End quote ---
If you are wise and remember approximate time of that thread. You can go to your own profile, then search your posts. Just keep scanning pages until you get close then view each title.  May take a bit of time but if you are patient you can succeed

Tejano Jawg:

I don't think the 'search' function has worked here since the Ford administration.

East Clintwood:

go to google and put the following in the searchbar

www.hogville.net whatever you're searching for

Boardon Hamsay:

--- Quote from: Tejano Jawg on October 22, 2018, 07:41:30 pm ---I don't think the 'search' function has worked here since the Ford Lincoln administration.

--- End quote ---

Fixt.

Boardon Hamsay:

Also, it doesn’t seem like the [you] function is working properly tonight. In lieu of fixing the search function, we should probably fix the [you] function as it has priority.

bphi11ips:

I want my money back.

PonderinHog:

nate1283:

--- Quote from: Tejano Jawg on October 22, 2018, 07:41:30 pm ---I don't think the 'search' function has worked here since the Ford administration.

--- End quote ---

Danny or Gerald?😂

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: nate1283 on October 22, 2018, 09:53:08 pm ---Danny or Gerald?😂

--- End quote ---
Henry

nate1283:

--- Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2018, 09:54:02 pm ---Henry

--- End quote ---
#hammerdown

Pulled(PP)pork:

--- Quote from: Tejano Jawg on October 22, 2018, 07:41:30 pm ---I don't think the 'search' function has worked here since the Ford administration.

--- End quote ---
it's worked less than the War Memorial game clock

PP

The Royal Ham:

--- Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 23, 2018, 04:24:04 am ---it's worked less than the War Memorial game clock

PP

--- End quote ---
Unpossible

HogPharmer:

--- Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 23, 2018, 04:24:04 am ---it's worked less than the War Memorial game clock

PP

--- End quote ---

It's worked less than my ex-wife...

gchamblee:

Go to google and search using the site: modifier like the example below....

Bobby Petrino site:hogville.net

Boardon Hamsay:

--- Quote from: gchamblee on October 23, 2018, 02:53:22 pm ---Go to google and search using the site: modifier like the example below....

Bobby Petrino site:hogville.net

--- End quote ---

This is no place to be proactively helpful. Reported to mods. >:(

hawgwash:

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I know for a fact that I discussed him I'm in a post a several ago, but I can't find that anywhere, including using Google and searching through all my post history.  I don't know if things ever get deleted or not.  Using Google I did find a couple of other posts where he was mentioned, once by me and once by someone else, so at least I did learn another way to search Hogville so thanks to a few of you for that suggestion.  Guess I'll just have to create a post from scratch.  I'll probably do that tonight.  Thanks again.

NaturalStateReb:

It hasn't worked in a long time.  I've also asked, and Douglas at one time reported that there was a security issue with the search feature in SMF (the software that runs the forum), so that's probably why it's not available. 

hawgwash:

--- Quote from: NaturalStateReb on October 24, 2018, 02:26:23 pm ---It hasn't worked in a long time.  I've also asked, and Douglas at one time reported that there was a security issue with the search feature in SMF (the software that runs the forum), so that's probably why it's not available. 

--- End quote ---
Thanks Reb.  I just recreated the history in a new post last night.  It's about a Hog form long ago named Lynn Norton.  Still fairly near the top of the front page of MMQB as I type this.

Lanny:

Bogs the site down, thus Search is disabled

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version