• 10,450,239 Posts
• 412,563 Topics
• 23,584 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 74   Go Down

Author Topic: All Things Kelly Bryant MERGED ó No New Threads  (Read 200741 times)

toddfromdesarc

Re: Kelly Bryant Threads**Merged**
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2018, 02:17:10 pm »

He said dirt.  Didn't say what kind.  Take NCAA dirt out of the equation.  That's not what brought Hugh Freeze down and Ole Miss gave him the heave ho without paying him a dime.  So the dirt could be something similar.  Not saying it is, and the poster may not know a thing, but just saying at AU anything is possible.

I see you attended the Trump Academy of Misinformation

farfromgroovins

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2018, 02:29:37 pm »

75% of his contract is guaranteed (almost $37MM) and 50% of that is due to him in full within 30 days of termination. He's not going anywhere this year.

And Razorback nation tells Malzahn....you're welcome for that!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

LAHogfan123

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2018, 02:34:24 pm »

So, you're telling me that Auburn gave Malzahn a 7-year extension worth $49MM (75% guaranteed), with knowledge of something that they could bring to light which would void the contract should they choose to fire him before the extension is up? And that this something would not put the program in any danger of self-imposed or NCAA sanctions? Sure.

Lol, yeah, that's hilarious.  Gus is not going to be fired anytime soon I'll tell you that, and we have Arkansas to thank for that little golden nugget.  Even though Gus was never coming here, it made Auburn think they needed to lock up Gus into a huge multi-year agreement worth millions to remain their coach.  Gus simply is not worth it, but it's done now and I don't care what dirt they think they have, certain %'s of that contract is GUARANTEED, they have no choice but to honor it.

farfromgroovins

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2018, 02:35:56 pm »

Iíd take him, not even a flinch. loyalty in NCAA is a joke. Fans want it from the players, but will throw you out for the next stud recruit. Come on down KB.

Agreed.....

Don't blame the young men one bit for transferring in these situations.  They are in charge of their own career.  Don't leave it in the hands of someone with different goals/incentives than you.

But, I think this situation will change quick.  High dollar coaches and programs will throw a dang fit till the NCAA changes the rules so they can guarantee their highly recruited backups stay on the team and not bolt when they don't get PT.  Just wait, this rule wont' be in place long.  The rich want to retain all their riches.

farfromgroovins

« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2018, 02:38:20 pm »

Lol, yeah, that's hilarious.  Gus is not going to be fired anytime soon I'll tell you that, and we have Arkansas to thank for that little golden nugget.  Even though Gus was never coming here, it made Auburn think they needed to lock up Gus into a huge multi-year agreement worth millions to remain their coach.  Gus simply is not worth it, but it's done now and I don't care what dirt they think they have, certain %'s of that contract is GUARANTEED, they have no choice but to honor it.

Yet we would have paid handsomely to get him.  Auburn got their NC with him and we would sell our souls to get one too......unless you have a Jeff Long in charge.

okrazorback

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2018, 02:43:34 pm »

What? Freeze resigned. So, no, he would not have gotten anything because the resignation. Also, the NCAA charged Ole Miss with numerous violations, which then led to HDN suing the University because Freeze and Ole Miss claimed that Nutt was responsible for the violations. Nutt FOIA'd, ultimately leading to the Freeze scandal.

Either way, the NCAA would be involved, and if Auburn "has dirt" on Malzahn, there is little to no chance that the school would not be slapped with violations, too.

Bottom line is this: If Malzahn is fired, Auburn pays Malzahn what he is owed; or they don't due to violations that are uncovered by the NCAA.

So you get Bryant. We still don't have a coach that can compete with Saban.

Busta_Nutt

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2018, 02:47:12 pm »

Few do.

imtad16

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2018, 02:48:56 pm »

Neither does LSU, Ole Miss, MSU, A&M, Florida, UK, UGA, Mizzou, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Vandy.

King Kong

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2018, 02:51:23 pm »

What? Freeze resigned. So, no, he would not have gotten anything because the resignation. Also, the NCAA charged Ole Miss with numerous violations, which then led to HDN suing the University because Freeze and Ole Miss claimed that Nutt was responsible for the violations. Nutt FOIA'd, ultimately leading to the Freeze scandal.

Either way, the NCAA would be involved, and if Auburn "has dirt" on Malzahn, there is little to no chance that the school would not be slapped with violations, too.

Bottom line is this: If Malzahn is fired, Auburn pays Malzahn what he is owed; or they don't due to violations that are uncovered by the NCAA.

Freeze was given the option to resign or be fired for cause. AD said that when the presser happened

grayhawg

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2018, 02:55:59 pm »

Yet we would have paid handsomely to get him.  Auburn got their NC with him and we would sell our souls to get one too......unless you have a Jeff Long in charge.

Wrong, one man was the big bidder for Gus and I never wanted him

grayhawg

« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2018, 02:56:43 pm »

Wrong, one man was the big bidder for Gus and I never wanted him
Who does?

Vantage 8 dude

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2018, 03:28:43 pm »

Okay.....and your point is exactly what?! Can't imagine anyone arguing or debating that particular fact. However, in the end it's about the HOGS continuing to upgrade talent and hopefully translating that into far more consistency and wins. Let's get to a point where we can (hopefully) regularly win at least 7-9 games a year before we take on the next major task of being able to hang (and hopefully beat) the Tide. BTW if you're going to take that tact except of UGa you must also apply that approach to virtually every other SEC and most non-SEC programs.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 06:00:37 pm by Vantage 8 dude »

Sivad

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2018, 03:47:38 pm »

And Razorback nation tells Malzahn....you're welcome for that!
Auburn is stuck with Gus and we are stuck with Diet Gus.
Both scenarios misengineered by our fab BOT.

Stu

• Varsity
  • This really isnít that important.
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2018, 03:52:25 pm »

Hmmm...lemme guess...you donít like Morris as our head coach.

Based on just about every other comment youíve made, I wonder how anyone else could have guessed?

🙄

247Hog

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2018, 04:15:08 pm »

Good gawd. Haven't even made it half a season and have numb nuts trying to be cute with lame nicknames. Find a hobby.

RyanMallettsEgo

• Let me buy you lunch
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2018, 04:16:21 pm »

Good gawd. Haven't even made it half a season and have numb nuts trying to be cute with lame nicknames. Find a hobby.

Yeah that dude's shtick is just bad lol.

AugustaHog

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2018, 05:42:24 pm »

Yeah, Nick Saban needs to stop being our measuring stick for coach quality.  With the train he's got rolling we're not going on some dominant streak of beating Bama.  What we need to be hopeful of is that we can start competing with LSU, TAMU, and AU.  Those are very doable things.  If we get to that point, then we can reasonably expect to play Bama much closer and give ourselves the chance to steal one from them every so often.  That's as good as it gets with Nick at the helm.

Jonbo

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2018, 05:46:54 pm »

Iíd take him, not even a flinch. loyalty in NCAA is a joke. Fans want it from the players, but will throw you out for the next stud recruit. Come on down KB.
Yeah, I don't expect any particular loyalty from the players. I just don't think it's fair to. Heck. I'm not particularly loyal to them. There's not a one I hope the coach doesn't recruit a better player over.

Wildhog

« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2018, 05:50:00 pm »

Neither does LSU, Ole Miss, MSU, A&M, Florida, UK, UGA, Mizzou, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Vandy.

You think AU does?

imtad16

« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2018, 05:56:46 pm »

You think AU does?

Not really because no one consistently does but they have the only coach in conference that has beat Saban.

Vantage 8 dude

« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2018, 06:02:00 pm »

I've found that so often those who feel they must resort to such really have little, if anything, to say. Gee....guess what and cue right on time.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2018, 06:08:18 pm »

Though early returns haven't looked good, the jury is still out on this for the Hogs. I'm impressed that he has got their heads turned around and that they are playing a full 60 minutes with effort. That's been on an unsteady line of ebb and flow for the last 2 years and at this point, it looks like Morris has that corrected.

Yeah, you have to block, run, pass, tackle, etc, but if you don't have your mind right, you aren't going to do any of those things consistently well. This to me, was the first step in the rebuild. Now train, develop and recruit and we'll see how far we can go.

31to6

« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2018, 07:19:58 pm »

If that is the only thing that will make you happy, I recommend giving up football.

HogPharmer

« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2018, 08:52:09 pm »

Though early returns haven't looked good, the jury is still out on this for the Hogs. I'm impressed that he has got their heads turned around and that they are playing a full 60 minutes with effort. That's been on an unsteady line of ebb and flow for the last 2 years and at this point, it looks like Morris has that corrected.

Yeah, you have to block, run, pass, tackle, etc, but if you don't have your mind right, you aren't going to do any of those things consistently well. This to me, was the first step in the rebuild. Now train, develop and recruit and we'll see how far we can go.

Youíre wasting your time trying to speak logic to this jackass.... Sivad has relished and loved our losses. Just watch, if/when we start winning, he will disappear.

That would be a true blessing to all of us on this forum.

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2018, 10:54:56 pm »

He got his turn... he just isnt the guy that can beat Alabama... not sure the freshman has any chance either..

Nick Saban has never faced a Quarterback like Trevor Lawrence.

Lawrence threw for more yards and more touchdowns in Georgia than did Deshaun Watson.  Lawrence did that despite playing only one half in a lot of games.

31to6

« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2018, 11:51:58 pm »

Lawrence threw for more yards and more touchdowns in Georgia than did Deshaun Watson.  Lawrence did that despite playing only one half in a lot of games.
Thatís just a silly statement. Saban has faced numerous elite QBs (NFL Pro Bowl, 1st Round Pick or Heisman):

Dak Prescott, Deshaun Watson, Johnny Manzeil, Cam Newton, Kirk Cousins, Tyrod Taylor, Matt Stafford, Jason Campbell, Eli Manning, Jason White

And that isnít even listing all the QBs with All-American, All-Conference, Davey OíBrien Award, and other college accolades that go along with elite college careers.

urkillnmesmalls

• Experience: You get it just after you needed it!
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2018, 12:37:00 am »

No, he's faced several that were MUCH better.  You have to have a picture of Brent Venables above your bed, and one of Dabo on the inside of your closet door.  You're smitten by Clemson.   :puke:   Hogs versus Clemson...who are you going to root for?  Tell the truth....

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2018, 12:44:17 am »

Thatís just a silly statement. Saban has faced numerous elite QBs (NFL Pro Bowl, 1st Round Pick or Heisman):

Dak Prescott, Deshaun Watson, Johnny Manzeil, Cam Newton, Kirk Cousins, Tyrod Taylor, Matt Stafford, Jason Campbell, Eli Manning, Jason White

And that isnít even listing all the QBs with All-American, All-Conference, Davey OíBrien Award, and other college accolades that go along with elite college careers.

When Trevor Lawrence gets to peak level through some additional collegiate playing experience, no one will be able to defend him.

MissippHog

« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2018, 12:48:49 am »

Fair comparison?  Lawrence played 4A, Watson 6A.

dsf

« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2018, 06:26:18 am »

The Kelly Bryant situation reminds me of Ryan Mallett in '09.  Meaning: second year head coach, has a lot of potential but doesn't quite have the players to do it, yet.  Get a stud transfer QB to jumpstart the transition, get better and better each year.  Hoping for a similar scenario.

Sad so many of you want Bryant...he is a very poor passer...his 67% completion rate is almost entirely very short passes...he is a good runner, but can not read an option very well...he was successful because he was protected by a host of really good players...at Arkansas, he would have to be a star...and, that is not very probable.

MissippHog

« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2018, 06:55:17 am »

I don't know where he'll end up.  If Coach wants him and lands him, I'm good with that.  I've seen it mentioned several times here that Coach Morris recruited him to Clemson, so I looked up his 247 recruiting profile.  Which led me to look at the other dual threat QB's in that class.  Which led me to look at the other pro style QB's in the same class.  Anyways, you get the idea.

https://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?PositionGroup=QB

Interesting list looking back through some of those names.  Some are now pro, some are just now starting to excel at the school they signed with, some have bounced around to different schools, some we haven't heard from.  Just shows the uncertain nature of recruiting. 

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2018, 07:16:07 am »

Bring him on!

Redhogs

« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2018, 08:00:45 am »

Pretty much the way I feel now...we will just have to see. Have never been his biggest fan, but the recent signs of improvement and the great recruiting class they appear to be putting together have caused me to pump the brakes, have a little patience, and see what he can do....don't really have a choice anyway....right?

RyanMallettsEgo

• Let me buy you lunch
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2018, 08:30:30 am »

Good God.

LZH

« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2018, 08:32:17 am »

RyanMallettsEgo

• Let me buy you lunch
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2018, 08:36:32 am »

:)

Ain't he a hoot?

There are some robots on this board, man.

carolinahogger

• Hogvillian
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2018, 08:39:23 am »

He got his turn... he just isnt the guy that can beat Alabama... not sure the freshman has any chance either..

Tom Brady in his prime couldn't beat Alabama with this year's or next year's Razorbacks.

We are looking for the guy who can beat North Texas and Colorado State.

Busta_Nutt

« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2018, 08:55:21 am »

Have you ever seen Office Space? You are to Clemson what Milton is to Initech.

Also, can you please update us on new products you've sold and/or newly visited Cracker Barrels recently?

Vantage 8 dude

« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2018, 09:30:11 am »

Tom Brady in his prime couldn't beat Alabama with this year's or next year's Razorbacks.

We are looking for the guy who can beat North Texas and Colorado State.
Just a very quick reminder that while our QB play hasn't exactly been pro level, it's a TEAM game. I.E. those losses can't be totally attributed to the play of the signal-caller. He's only part, admittedly a very important one, of the entire picture. I'll also remind you that poor special teams play most certainly hasn't helped our results either. Please give it a rest.

BTW please PM me with your insightful knowledge/abilities as to NEXT YEAR'S results. As you apparently know exactly what's going to happen more than twelve months into the future, I could sure use to inside information on what the stock market/individual stocks are going to do. I'll make a killing and even share a portion of the proceeds with you. :) ;)

Swinelake

« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2018, 09:36:41 am »

Got it with him as OC. Head coach is a whole different animal. Mary Katherine has been fair at best in that role.

toddfromdesarc

« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2018, 09:57:49 am »

Implying Trevor Lawrence is at or near the level of Junior Year Deshaun Watson is an impressive level of dense even by Hogville.net standards.

Vantage 8 dude

« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2018, 10:11:57 am »

Implying Trevor Lawrence is at or near the level of Junior Year Deshaun Watson is an impressive level of dense even by Hogville.net standards.
Well one has to at least admit that the bar for the definition of "an impressive level of dense by Hogville.net standards" is constantly being lowered. Just when you think you've seen the ultimate in moronic/insipid posts and comments there's always another not too far behind. As such it shouldn't really amaze any of us any longer; however, it still does. 

Leadbelly

• Senior
  • Donít ya think someone oughta reckon with him?
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2018, 10:43:08 am »

+1

okrazorback

• Varsity
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2018, 10:49:16 am »

If that is the only thing that will make you happy, I recommend giving up football.

Winning is the only thing that will make me. I don't intend to give up football. We may someday hire a coach that can do that without being fired. I did  not say we couldn't find a coach that could beat Saban, I just we don't have one. I have as good a right to my opinion as you do.

RyanMallettsEgo

• Let me buy you lunch
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2018, 10:58:17 am »

Winning is the only thing that will make me. I don't intend to give up football. We may someday hire a coach that can do that without being fired. I did  not say we couldn't find a coach that could beat Saban, I just we don't have one. I have as good a right to my opinion as you do.

I just Chad Morris.

Anyway.

After tomorrow, yeah you'll probably have definitive proof that in their one head-to-head matchup, Saban beat Morris.

But how can you say "we don't have a coach who can beat Saban" when they've never coached against each other? You don't know that.

code red

• You can't handle the truth!!!!!!
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2018, 11:51:52 am »

I as well would relish Bryant taking the snaps.  But.  I would imagine he will have his pick of programs.  And probably one that is winning, now.

code red

• You can't handle the truth!!!!!!
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2018, 11:53:50 am »

I just Chad Morris.

Anyway.

After tomorrow, yeah you'll probably have definitive proof that in their one head-to-head matchup, Saban beat Morris.

But how can you say "we don't have a coach who can beat Saban" when they've never coached against each other? You don't know that.
Um. Yeah.  We are 0-11 vs Saban?  Pretty good sample size.

Paul

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2018, 11:59:38 am »

Sad so many of you want Bryant...he is a very poor passer...his 67% completion rate is almost entirely very short passes...he is a good runner, but can not read an option very well...he was successful because he was protected by a host of really good players...at Arkansas, he would have to be a star...and, that is not very probable.
Umm...I'll take my chances

31to6

« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2018, 12:02:06 pm »

Um. Yeah.  We are 0-11 vs Saban?  Pretty good sample size.
The Comprehensive List of SEC Head Coaches who have beaten Nick Saban at Alabama:
Gus Malzahn

010HogFan

• "Wait Till Next Year!"
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2018, 12:03:17 pm »

Go watch his highlight video on Youtube and you'll realize he is head and shoulders above anything we can suit up at QB currently. This is not up for debate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 74   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas