• 10,399,498 Posts
• 411,048 Topics
• 23,494 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ben Hicks Transferring  (Read 11351 times)

The Hogfather

Re: Ben Hicks Transferring
« Reply #300 on: December 13, 2018, 11:12:24 am »

We aren't getting hurts. The best we could get is that shane kid at texas, and i am not sure he is even a target, or would even consider us.

I do not want a guy who's own fanbase is not sad to see him go.

People around here thought Brandon Allen was a bum.  There are a lot of dumb people, especially when it comes to football @ a school like SMU.

a0ashle

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #301 on: December 13, 2018, 11:12:38 am »

That video wasn't world beater good, but I saw a lot nice placement, deep passes hitting WR in stride and at least one occasion where I could see he threw to a receiver before they made the break.

I'm not gonna cry if he comes here.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

The Hogfather

« Reply #302 on: December 13, 2018, 11:13:21 am »

We aren't getting hurts. The best we could get is that shane kid at texas, and i am not sure he is even a target, or would even consider us.

This team needs LB depth more than it needs a small upgrade at QB. He is not KB level,  and is not mobile. We need a mobile QB with this line, and these recievers.

We have to fill ALL OF OUR NEEDS.  This isnít one or the other.

311Hog

« Reply #303 on: December 13, 2018, 11:16:21 am »

This team needs LB depth more than it needs a small upgrade at QB. He is not KB level,  and is not mobile. We need a mobile QB with this line, and these recievers.

pretty sure Michigan's fan base wasn't sad to see Mallett go

The Hogfather

« Reply #304 on: December 13, 2018, 11:24:49 am »

pretty sure Michigan's fan base wasn't sad to see Mallett go

We could name 100 guys who weren't exactly looked at as great QBs by their own fanbase and went on to do good things elsewhere.  Some have already mentioned Gardner Minshew.  Basically nothing at ECU and tore it up his 1st year playing at Washington State.

twistitup

« Reply #305 on: December 13, 2018, 01:19:33 pm »

We could name 100 guys who weren't exactly looked at as great QBs by their own fanbase and went on to do good things elsewhere.  Some have already mentioned Gardner Minshew.  Basically nothing at ECU and tore it up his 1st year playing at Washington State.

I agree. Look at OK, they have gotten 2 qbs by transfer that were not adored by their original fan bases. Texas Tech and A&M are not feeling very good when it comes to who transferred out.

isavedjazz

« Reply #306 on: December 13, 2018, 01:51:56 pm »

Will Grier was virtually horrendous at Florida.

He got into a system that better fit him and ended up having a pretty dang good close out to his career at West Virginia.

2017 250/388 for 3490 yards. 34 Touchdowns and 12 INT.
2018 266/397 for 3864 yards. 37 touchdowns and 8 INT.

Will Grier had Flordia in the top 10 and playoff bound before he got suspended...

BigE_23

« Reply #307 on: December 13, 2018, 02:28:03 pm »

It's amazing to me the way people have a completely different take from the same 3-minute clip.
Granted, this is intended as a HIGHLIGHT tape, not Ben Hicks in depth. But I saw only one play where a receiver legitimate bailed him out, so to speak, when he through what should have been a pick but Proche I believe took it away from the defender. This guy's arm is worlds better than anyone they have on campus. My concern is, is Chad NOT going to install a run-pass Clemson-style game after all (or not until Jefferson is ready to run it?). Hicks is not going to pick up the QB run yardage you just about have to have against the best SEC defenses.

Fair enough...Iíll concede that bailed out was probably a poor choice of words (other than the play you referenced). What would be a better descriptor would be that his receivers make him look far better than he is.

Watch it again and look for throws where you say ďwowĒ. There arenít any. You do see lots of runs after the catch and many times where the receiver is slowing down for the ball.

Itís obvious heís more comfortable than what we say from our guys this year, but heís not more talented. I would definitely disagree that his arm is better than what we have. He doesnít come close to throwing a better ball than Conor, and heís not a significant enough of an upgrade from Ty to merit taking a scholarship spot from another roster need.

Remember, this is a highlight tape...implying these are his best/better plays...so no, Iím not impressed.

kingofdequeen

« Reply #308 on: December 14, 2018, 08:30:16 am »

Rutledge could throw better than Derby

nice post john.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas