Non Sports Forums > Help Forum

Anyone else having loading issues with HV?

Pages: (1/1)

Gonzo:

I am having intermittent problems with being able to navigate from page to page on HV. Not always there, but when it is it's basically every second or third page will time out and get an error. Basically if a page doesn't load practically instantly, it is going to fail. HV seems to be the only site where I'm having this problem, so I don't think it's my system, but curious if anyone else is experiencing the same.

Go Hogs!

Pigsknuckles:

Been that way since the CSU loss. Probably a lot of extra traffic. Could we be unintentionally inflicting DDOS issues on ourselves? :)

Dark Helmet Hog:

Yes. Since the upgrade.

Grag T:

Yes and it sucks.  I believe it only applies to those of us who are below "hall of fame hogvillian" 

;D

ChsTigerHog:

--- Quote from: Gonzo on September 24, 2018, 11:09:32 am ---I am having intermittent problems with being able to navigate from page to page on HV. Not always there, but when it is it's basically every second or third page will time out and get an error. Basically if a page doesn't load practically instantly, it is going to fail. HV seems to be the only site where I'm having this problem, so I don't think it's my system, but curious if anyone else is experiencing the same.

Go Hogs!

--- End quote ---

Yes,

Im having the exact same problem. I am not on auto login and mostly just read when accessing the site so I only log on when I have something to say which is not often. Whether Im logged in or just reading I have the same problem.

Im not glad you are having the problem, but glad to learn its not just me. It also started with me about the same time of the upgrade. I only use desk top so I thought that could be the problem.

AcornHunter:

Report To Admin
Lanny
   The1
   Administrator
   Gold Hogvillian

The1

o   

o   

o   

o   

o   
Re: (No subject)
Sent to: AcornHunter on: April 30, 2015, 05:45:37 pm
    Remove

Quote from: AcornHunter on April 30, 2015, 04:27:25 pm
HELP!  Maybe you can?  Ive looked around HV for my specific problem but cant find info on it or am just not recognizing itIm not a digital acrobat.

For the past few weeks HV has been loading very slowly.  I receive The connection was reset, Problem loading page, Reload, and such messages.  HV will finally load if I dont give up trying.  Pictures will not load at all, avatars and such.

HV is the only site at which I experience these problems.  Its the same no matter the browser: Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla.

Son (freshman in college, full scholastic scholarship, mechanical engineeringnot to be thumping my chest but just to let you know someone with more computer knowledge than mine has looked at the problem) was home this past weekend and gave it some attention.  He suggested that the problem might lie at the HV end.

What are your thoughts please?

Have a blessed day and I thank you.

AcornHunter
Hogville is loading fine with IE and Chrome, delete your cookies and clear your cache
Report To Admin
Its only a game if you win but if you lose its a stinking waste of time.

Al Bundy

And the problem continues.

je100:

I had the same problem, and switched to Chrome.  It works for me.

Tyro3:

I get a lot of "this page can't be displayed".

NaturalStateReb:

It does seem to hang a bit more here lately.

DEVIL DOG HOG:

I haven't had any problems.

Oklahawg:

I have perpetual problems regardless of my fix. Happens on all sorts of platform combinations.

The typical glitch is "waiting for old.hogville.net" when it leaves the board page for a thread page. And, "waiting for google analytics" when it leaves the thread page when you reply or quote. That's likely not enough help though.

Oklahawg:

It was much better during the game Saturday -wonder if Doug turned something on/off so that the board was fast?

Hogsfan1981:

I was too lazy to type this out before. BUT YES 100%.

Last 1-2 months...every time I try to access the site it takes about 15-20 seconds. It just sits there on the blank screen.

If I back out and go in it will often load very quickly after that but it will persist any time I try to navigate to a new page.

My internet is a wired connection with very high up/down speed. I build my computers and they are high end machines. I have never experienced this issue in all my years of visiting the site even when I had a busted up old laptop back in college.

I also just bought a new phone and this happens with it to.

I use Chrome on my phone and Firefox on my computer and it makes no difference. All my software is up to date.

Hope this gets fixed. Been a real nuisance this year. Good luck! Fix one thing break 7 more.

If seems to have improved a little over the last week but just to modify this post I had to click...wait about 30 seconds...give up. Hit back.....wait. Tried again.....stopped it....tried again. Success!

AcornHunter:

Ditto on a thread often loading fast on the second run at it.

Hoggiedawg:

Having the same issues.

a shady hog:

My problem is with the mobile version. As an example, if you hit "new" to go to the latest comment in a post, it always goes to the first post and you have to scroll down. If I switch to desktop version, the "new" tab works, but then I'm using the zoom constantly.

Dr. Starcs:

No problems here. I use the wap2 version and its great.

The only thing I wish was different is that we could quote someone when posting while using the wap2

Lanny:

Try using Chrome as youf browser

AcornHunter:

I've been using Chrome for months.

a shady hog:

I've been using Chrome for years

The Chief:

I've been using Chrome for decades.

TomasPistola:

I like Netscape!

Ex-Trumpet:

Still very laggy on Firefox, which is faster on every other website for me.

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version